Wadley Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

N/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 5, 2017
It was an okay place to work. A very fast paced enviroment. A wonderful entry level position with a lot of advancement opportunities. Good benefits and an great management team
love surgery
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 20, 2017
great place to work. No problems with anyone that is worth repeating. If you have issues with people that are worth repeating, one has to wonder; is it really them or do we need to take a look at ones self?
Cons
no one knows who is in charge
Great place to get expericence in multiple areas and keep your skills fresh.
Texarkana - LVN (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 20, 2017
You will form strong bonds to last a lifetime with your co workers as long as you are a good team player. The pay is very low for LVN's and the opportunity for a raise is poor. Management is pretty good. The house supervisors are kind. Some areas are very demanding like step down. I have been able to keep many skills very fresh.
Pros
Great cafeteria food, afordable benefits, discounts for uniforms.
Cons
Pay and staffing ratios
This position provided a broad spectrum of care creating a great learning experience.
Often Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMarch 24, 2017
A typical day in the PCU unit consisted of providing total care for approximately 5 to 6 patients,often experiencing complications of CABG, MI, TIA, Hemorrhagic stroke, and COPD. PCU know as "The Heart Floor", was often used as ICU due to overcrowding. I gained a vast knowledge of disease processes and developed many nursing skills.
Former employee ER registar
Registar/ER (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMarch 5, 2017
Job was great loved helping people. Co workers Great a little drama same as with any job.
Management on the other hand uncaring very unprofessional,rude and could careless about the employee.
Job on other hand can be stressful at times and at times be a dream job.
Pros
Great pay and bennifits
An okay job
Communication Clerk (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Management isn't great. They will pay for you to go to school in related field but you have to sign a 2-year contract or you will have to pay it all back. You have to give nearly three months in advance for vacation.
The job itself is great
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 6, 2016
The ER supervisor is VERY unprofessional and very uncaring, she will cause you to hate coming to work. The job itself is wonderful. Meeting new people and helping people in their time of need is great. Coworkers are half wonderful, half unprofessional. It's like a big highschool for the most part.
Pros
Learning new skills, helping others
Cons
No actual lunch breaks, dealing with the supervisor
Fun and productive
Saintation Aide (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 5, 2016
Wadley Was my first job and the job that built me into a young working man. The Mangers and coworkers was caring and welcoming cheering and helping a fellow friend strive to be the best you could be in life no matter how hard of work that comes ahead.
Pros
Free lunches
ADMISSION REGISTRAR- PRE REGISTRATION (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 25, 2016
Enjoyed working there, great coworkers and wonderful medical staff.
Good overtime opportunities, has a great cafeteria. Fast paced.
Cons
Hard to get lunch breaks working in the ER
good atmosphere
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 28, 2016
I am working in microbiology on first shift which I love so far and my schedule is almost perfect. I wish the pay was competitive and they did tuition reimbursement.
Pros
great schedule & laid back
Cons
pay not competitive
a great place to work learn alot of skills
Environmenal tech / lead tech (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 3, 2015
working at Wadley Hospital was a great place to work for the most part no two days are a like, you are well trained it is fast paced the hard part was that management was not on the same page like one tell you one thing the other another but that's expected of a big company when things are always changing
Pros
learn a lot of skills and full time gets 40hrs
Cons
short staffed alot of times
Financial Counsel/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 11, 2015
Busy
Multitask
Learned to be detail orientated
Manage made you had proper training
Co-workers got alone well
The hardest part was getting use to a slow computer system
I had ny own office and privacy
Pros
The work environment peaceful
Cons
no advancement of pay increase
High stress environment with mostly rewarding outcomes
Registered nurse in emergency department (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 18, 2015
Through the seven years working at my last employment was a great place to work (in the beginning). Co-workers worked as a team and management was involved during the first three to four years. The past two years there was high turnover rate and no management, which led to disgruntled employees. This is when I decided to further my education as a family nurse practitioner to make a difference.
Pros
able to utilize critical thinking skills especially during emergent situations
Cons
no breaks most days due to busy ED or short staffed
Productive and fun workplace.
Area Communications Clerk/Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 27, 2015
I enjoy working at Wadley Regional Medical Center. It is a great place to work and very productive. I would recommend the workplace.
Great Work Place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TxJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed working here . I didn't make much that was my only problem.
Pretty busy workplace, but never boring
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TxJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day for me was coming in and doing vitals, baths, and helping with meals. I learned a lot about different types of diseases and how to take care of patients after different kinds of surgery. The management was nice, and my coworkers were very helpful. The hardest part of my job was doing 10 to 12 baths everyday. The enjoyable part was the patient and family compliments I have received from my care of their loved ones.
Pros
Discount lunch and gift shop
Cons
short breaks, short on staff alot
friendly enviroment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 5, 2015
general housekeeping worked with carpet cleaning and hard surface cleaning
A Company that is moving foward
ICU Unit Clerk /Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 20, 2014
I'm very outgoing always willing to give a 120 percent I play as a great team leader willing to learn and except changes as the company grows.
Mobile unit, traveling to different cities
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 2, 2014
As a medical assistant I performed varying tasks surrounding patient care in regard to angio-screenings including: blood pressure, both arms and legs; EKG; Pulse; Data entry; Reporting results of screening; Collecting payments; Greeting customers.
Pros
Fast-paced, customer interactions
Cons
Traveling each day made it difficult to be home with children.
Medical Receptionist
Medical Receptionist/Charge Entry (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Maintain detail and procedural process to improve accuracy and efficiency. My job was entering codes in the system everyday 10 key. I also managed supplies and inventory for 5 Dr's and made sure that files were input into the EMR system.
Pros
Free Lunches From Drug Reps
Cons
Didn't get see patients daily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wadley Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Wadley Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location