Wadley Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

The job itself is great
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 6, 2016
The ER supervisor is VERY unprofessional and very uncaring, she will cause you to hate coming to work. The job itself is wonderful. Meeting new people and helping people in their time of need is great. Coworkers are half wonderful, half unprofessional. It's like a big highschool for the most part.
Pros
Learning new skills, helping others
Cons
No actual lunch breaks, dealing with the supervisor
Fun and productive
Saintation Aide (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 5, 2016
Wadley Was my first job and the job that built me into a young working man. The Mangers and coworkers was caring and welcoming cheering and helping a fellow friend strive to be the best you could be in life no matter how hard of work that comes ahead.
Pros
Free lunches
ADMISSION REGISTRAR- PRE REGISTRATION (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 25, 2016
Enjoyed working there, great coworkers and wonderful medical staff.
Good overtime opportunities, has a great cafeteria. Fast paced.
Cons
Hard to get lunch breaks working in the ER
good atmosphere
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 28, 2016
I am working in microbiology on first shift which I love so far and my schedule is almost perfect. I wish the pay was competitive and they did tuition reimbursement.
Pros
great schedule & laid back
Cons
pay not competitive
a great place to work learn alot of skills
Environmenal tech / lead tech (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 3, 2015
working at Wadley Hospital was a great place to work for the most part no two days are a like, you are well trained it is fast paced the hard part was that management was not on the same page like one tell you one thing the other another but that's expected of a big company when things are always changing
Pros
learn a lot of skills and full time gets 40hrs
Cons
short staffed alot of times
Financial Counsel/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 11, 2015
Busy
Multitask
Learned to be detail orientated
Manage made you had proper training
Co-workers got alone well
The hardest part was getting use to a slow computer system
I had ny own office and privacy
Pros
The work environment peaceful
Cons
no advancement of pay increase
High stress environment with mostly rewarding outcomes
Registered nurse in emergency department (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 18, 2015
Through the seven years working at my last employment was a great place to work (in the beginning). Co-workers worked as a team and management was involved during the first three to four years. The past two years there was high turnover rate and no management, which led to disgruntled employees. This is when I decided to further my education as a family nurse practitioner to make a difference.
Pros
able to utilize critical thinking skills especially during emergent situations
Cons
no breaks most days due to busy ED or short staffed
Productive and fun workplace.
Area Communications Clerk/Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 27, 2015
I enjoy working at Wadley Regional Medical Center. It is a great place to work and very productive. I would recommend the workplace.
Great Work Place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TxJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed working here . I didn't make much that was my only problem.
Pretty busy workplace, but never boring
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TxJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day for me was coming in and doing vitals, baths, and helping with meals. I learned a lot about different types of diseases and how to take care of patients after different kinds of surgery. The management was nice, and my coworkers were very helpful. The hardest part of my job was doing 10 to 12 baths everyday. The enjoyable part was the patient and family compliments I have received from my care of their loved ones.
Pros
Discount lunch and gift shop
Cons
short breaks, short on staff alot
friendly enviroment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 5, 2015
general housekeeping worked with carpet cleaning and hard surface cleaning
A Company that is moving foward
ICU Unit Clerk /Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 20, 2014
I'm very outgoing always willing to give a 120 percent I play as a great team leader willing to learn and except changes as the company grows.
Mobile unit, traveling to different cities
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 2, 2014
As a medical assistant I performed varying tasks surrounding patient care in regard to angio-screenings including: blood pressure, both arms and legs; EKG; Pulse; Data entry; Reporting results of screening; Collecting payments; Greeting customers.
Pros
Fast-paced, customer interactions
Cons
Traveling each day made it difficult to be home with children.
Medical Receptionist
Medical Receptionist/Charge Entry (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Maintain detail and procedural process to improve accuracy and efficiency. My job was entering codes in the system everyday 10 key. I also managed supplies and inventory for 5 Dr's and made sure that files were input into the EMR system.
Pros
Free Lunches From Drug Reps
Cons
Didn't get see patients daily
Productive wonerful co-workers
Insurance Verification Represenative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at work consist of printing a daily census and going through each patient checking their insurance information and making sure the demographic were correct. Learned a lot about how important it is to get authorziation for services and learned about proper coding. The hardest part of the job was when others did not do their part and I was left taking up their slack and getting blamed for their mix ups.
A must to be committed to any hours, overtime etc
Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 24, 2014
Sold out to Iasis Healthcare. Contracted transcription to a typing company at 5 cents per line.
Pros
Wonderful educational opportunities and experience
Cons
overloaded with work and only two transcribers to do all radiology and cardiopulmonary
Staff (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Good place to work. Could use more help in some areas. Some of staff is overworked. Pay and benefits are average.
Great work and relation experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Medical/SurgicalFebruary 25, 2014
Gained a lot of experience working with amazing group of nurses. Learned how to manage different health related diseases that I was not previously custom to. Got a lot of opportunity to gain, build and polish many of my nursing skills. The hardest part was not being able to switch my work hours and having to rearrange or miss certain events in my life.
Pros
Sign on bonus, amazing nurses, gaining and advancing skills
Cons
not a lot of opportunity for schedule changes
Great Co-workers and Supervisor
X-ray technician (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Supervisor was great, would help out if need help with a patient. Supervisor worked with you if you needed off for medical/family reasons. I seen an average of 20 patients a day for x-rays, lots were ortho and neuro follow ups. I performed general x-rays and helped out at hospital in ER, OR, fluoro, and cysto. In the almost 6 years of being there they only gave two 20 cent raises. Really was no hard part in the job. Enjoyable part is working with some awsome co-workers.
Pros
great supervisor and easy co-worker enviroment
Cons
no breaks, no raises, benfits not that great.
fun work place with a friendly enviornment
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  texarkana, txJanuary 15, 2014
a typical day was pretty hectic but the people that worked there were all like family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wadley Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Wadley Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location