Waffle House Employee Reviews

Fast and difficult at times.
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYFebruary 22, 2018
It was stressful sometimes. I had a lot of responsibilities. A lot of working with customers and cleaning. Sometimes had to stay late and work overtime.
Crazy, hectic place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 22, 2018
Typically understaffed because others did not show up to work. I learned about people of many different backgrounds. Workplace was difficult and unprofessional.
Pros
Tips were mediocre
Cons
Staff was unprofessional
determined individual
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
be ready to work. benefits can be great. the training is good. the expectations will be high, so understand that when you start. will work all holidays,
Fun work environment, team based, great management
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCFebruary 21, 2018
Cash payout every Friday, as many hours as you want. Laid back but fast past environment, team oriented, great management. Easy to advance and get raises.
Productive, fun, challenging.
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MSFebruary 21, 2018
Waffle House was my first job. It was fun at times and very challenging at others. I waited tables and cashed people out. Your either constantly busy or slow.
Pros
Free lunches, tips
Cons
Short breaks, screaming out orders.
wafflehouse was great place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAFebruary 21, 2018
working at wafflehouse was a fun job to work. you build great customer base as well as building a working family. this job i quick paced and but it is also easy
Fun place to work, great money
Server (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNFebruary 21, 2018
I enjoyed working at Waffle house, cash opportunities was a huge plus! Staff was awesome to work with, and having a set schedule helped a lot as well!
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
No weeekends off
Fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Perdido Key, FLFebruary 20, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Work day goes by very fast always busy. Made good money. I enjoyed my coworkers. Opportunity for advancement. Enjoyed my regular customers.
A place with opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLFebruary 20, 2018
The Waffle House I worked at was a fast-paced environment where one could meet quite a few interesting people. There are many ways and opportunities to advance at the company.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Short breaks.
Disorganized and stressful
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNFebruary 20, 2018
Working at the location I was in, the managers were never available during schedule or staff conflicts, and the pay was very poor compared to the work that was expected of us and how we were called in on our days off almost every week.
great staff but management sucks
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAFebruary 20, 2018
I loved working for this company when the original manager that hired me was still working there. As soon as she left, the new managers kept switching up and it just kept getting worse and worse. The final manager (who no longer works there) fired me because of personal issues outside of work. I had no issues with her, but she started dating my ex and I guess he no longer wanted to work with me so she fired me. Needless to say, neither of them work there any longer.
Cons
Poor management
Waffle House
Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Waffle House. I learned a great deal about how to manage a restaurant, manage people, and of working with the general public during my employment.
Not a place to work if you care about your health.
Grill Operator (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 20, 2018
Working at Waffle House allowed me to realize a lot of people are not educated. It is exciting because of the fast paced environment though. Anyone can get get a job there. Being around the unhealthy foods is not fun though, especially when cooking it because I smell it and it makes me nauseous. I realized that it is not the best place to work since I care about my health. Not a good place to work for longterm, helpful for a temporary job till a better one is found. It can be annoying sometimes because some people will call out a lot and someone needs to cover their shift.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
around food that kills people in the long run and causes disease in the short run.
Bad workplace
Unit Manager/Grill op./Waiter/Expediter (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 20, 2018
Money is not with the time spent as a manager, I spent more time holding someones hand or taking stuff for things that i had nothing to do with then actually running my store.
Nice job, a great stepping stone job
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALFebruary 20, 2018
It was a nice job. Very fast paced.
Your team will be very close together, so teamwork is a must. I learned how to mult-task very efficiently. My manager was young and humble, he was nice guy.
Hardest part of the job was how often people called out, and management wanting others to fill in. The most enjoyable part was learning how to cook all that food.
Pros
Certain food was free, and 24/7 so you could work any hours
Cons
No breaks, only can rest when no customers. Not the best employees
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Platte City, MOFebruary 20, 2018
it was stressfull and most of the time understaffed most of the time you were trying to do 3 peoples jobs all at the same time the most enjoyable was the people
Pros
got to eat alot
Cons
not really any breaks
Server
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCFebruary 20, 2018
my job was to take every customer order and announce it properly. I met friendly people who would be traveling to and from the state. Never a dull moment. Every day was a new day
Pros
meeting people
Cons
side work
good place to start in learning to be line cook
Manager/Cook (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 20, 2018
I liked working as a line cook and to learn to become a manager. I believe that looking back I should not have taken the manager spot to quickly after become a relief manager. I had no experience being over a group of people. The management over me was hard to get along with. I was left to my self to find workers and if not I had to work. The reason for this is because I could only pay so much and other places where paying a starting hourly wage of $9 to $10 an hour. I have learned a lot over the experience.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Salesperson/Relief Manager/Grill Operator (Current Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCFebruary 19, 2018
The employees treated me as family. There is plenty of room for advancement. The pay is awesome and top level management does his/her best in recruiting qualified members for the management program.
Loved this job
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GAFebruary 19, 2018
Waffles house brought in some great money for me at the time I was working for them. Hardest part of this job was trying to stay woke on slow nights during the weekdays ( one or two customer in a 11-7 shift