Waffle House Employee Reviews

Found 3,166 reviews matching the search
half price meals
Server (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 27, 2017
good customer service and the way people want to be treated when they go out. how you are to people and the was you serve depends on the tips you make
Waffle House
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 27, 2017
I learn how to cook. I had to do a lot pf prep work. Keeping up with the orders. Getting to know my fellow coo-workers. The hours were not enough. I enjoy my breaks.
Cons
not enough hours
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAApril 27, 2017
This was a good place to work. You would meet many of people daily and you get to interact with them as well. However, the pay was not suitable for me but you do get tips which was the best part for me.
some fun times but very cut throat you might have
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 27, 2017
I was never properly trained so i always did my best . Most mangers could care less about their store or were to tired to pay attention to the customers. some days where awesome you can leave with $200 a night or more .I also met a few celebrity which was awesome!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hrs no break room management unpredictable and rude
A good experience for skills in sales
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Atmore, ALApril 27, 2017
While stressful and demanding, this job did equip me with the skills relating to sales and customer service. Well worth the long hours and break neck pace of the rush hours
Great
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2017
This place is wonderful place to work at if your looking for something to hold you over or while you are in school. Not somewhere I would personally spending my life at.
Good place to work while in high school
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Lexington, VAApril 27, 2017
This is an okay place to work while in high school. Its a typical restaurant job, the coworkers are average but can be annoying and immature. It's also hard to get a day off. The costumers are actually very friendly and enjoyable though.
Pros
costumers
Cons
coworkers, work on holidays
love it
Grill operator (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 27, 2017
its a really nice place to work. I love all the workers an the place of work.the kind of work I do wasn't easy but it wasn't hard either..... ill do it all over again if I could an for many of yrs........
Pros
nice
Cons
long as everything done
I love my job. The managers are very understanding & work as hard as we do. They will teach you how to become better at your job & teach new things.
Server (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALApril 27, 2017
Very good company to work for. The managers not only manage the store but cook,clean, & even wait tables when we are down a server. They teach you to be better at your job & I love all my customers.
Great Place to work.
Customer Service (Team Leader) (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 27, 2017
This is a great place to work, especially as a part time job. The people and customer are wonderful. They have many locations to apply to. Hire age start 16.
excelling in customer satisfation
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Knightdale, NCApril 26, 2017
a typical day was a lot of task prepping food, taking inventory of food, cooking food to order, our number one goal was to excel in customer satisfaction.
Overall a decent place of work
Server (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 26, 2017
I believe they lacked the management that they needed for the pace of the store I was at. I felt like they couldn't keep up with everything... food service, employee care, house cleanliness, and organization all around.
great place to work
Salesperson and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 26, 2017
I liked the people. And the.
People. That. Come. in. to eat with us. clean and everyone. is nice friendly out going that's what. Makes the store a great place
Pros
u get long break
Cons
its a really fast pace
Hard workers got put last
Master Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2017
upon moving to Ky one manager hired me had me work that night of hire by myself, then expected me to work two shifts the next day, a total of 17 hrs. By my second day of living in ky I pulled 27hrs at waffle house. the few days i did work there i never got paid for. and i wont even get started on the bs taxes i had to feel out for that place.
Pros
Ate alot of Waffle house, unlimited breaks
Cons
working with others who didnt want to work.
Not a very productive workplace
Waffle House Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NCApril 26, 2017
Overall, I loved working with mostly everyone. Costumers tipped well and I made pretty good money. It is not a very professional work place. I had very regular hours which I enjoyed.
Pros
Free dinner, good breaks
Cons
Dirty
Always feel like on verge of breakdown.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 26, 2017
Waffle House was a pretty horrible place to work. The management was worthless. I worked there 6 years and we has atleast 6 different bosses in that time, People were always at each other's throats. Working next to a truck stop did not help either.
Fast pace and fun environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30303April 26, 2017
Hostess have to leave a great impression of restuarant by greeting them in a warm friendly matter while guest wait to be seated while making them feel comfrontable while waiting such as suggesting dinners drinks and seating.
Pros
Free lunches and play juxe box while working, fun atomsphere
Cons
N/A
good places to work at
Server (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 25, 2017
hardest part is dealing with rude customers. I learned a lot about food tempurtures and different ways on how to cook the food and Having a thorough knowledge of the restaurant
benefits
Cons
no breaks
It was overall a good job, other than working everyday and quite often by myself.
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 25, 2017
The environment and the people were great, always smiling. However, the management did not properly make the schedule and I often found myself working the floor on my own.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Poor management
Workplae culture
GRILL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Minneola, FLApril 25, 2017
Keeps me busy, fast paced, flexible hours, and fun work environment. Boss was always encouraging, employees supported and motivated one another as well. Leaned how to work in a fast pace environment.
Pros
FLexible hours
Cons
no benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waffle House. Our community is ready to answer.