Wag! Employee Reviews

Lousy Support for Walkers and Customers
Dog Walker/Dog Boarder (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2017
Working for Wag is very competitive in my area at least. I have been double booked for walks, blocked out the time in my day, only to find out that another walker is already there and walking the dog. They provide phone #s for walkers and customers but do not answer the phone. I feel like I can't get the support I may need. I'm not comfortable with the management or the computer system that frequently double books walks. It is a system that is destined for a disaster.
Pros
make my own schedule
Cons
lousy management and support
Must love dogs!
Dog Walker - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2017
I loved working for Wag. You have to have a tough skin and be good - great with dogs, otherwise this is not for you. Clients can be rude or have weird specifications, but the majority of them are kind. Be willing to communicate openly with them! The friendlier and more communicative you are, the more likely you are to get a tip, a good one.
Pros
set your own hours, dogs
Cons
competitive
Do your own thing
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2017
Really simple, accept the notification for a walk go to the owners house follow the directions dog owners home. The owners writers notes for walker on how to get in to the neighborhood and dogs triggers and such.
Pros
You choose when you work
Cons
Walks are taken quick
Good job, hard to find customers
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2017
Wag is a great paying job as well as easy to perform, however in my personal experience there are far too few dogs needing to be walked. Between fighting with other walkers for the dogs and who can be there first, it becomes very hard to work for more than 3 hours a day.
Productive and very fun work
Temporary Dog Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2017
Working at Wag! is an awesome experience. You choose when you want to work so you make your own schedule. Would definitely refer anyone to Wag! Love it so much. You are pretty your own manager. You pick the walks you do and don't want to do and what hours you want to walk, sit, or board the dogs. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet and connect with so many animals
Pros
make your own schedule, work with all kinds of dogs
Great job for dog lovers
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
You can pick how many hours a day you want to work, and what days; you make your own schedule. You do a lot of traveling, so best to have an unlimited metro cards. Most enjoyable part is meeting all the dogs and playing with them. Hardest part of the job is meeting new dogs, not knowing if they are friendly, which they mostly are.
Nice job
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2017
You are able to develop your personal schedule daily. You can walk as many or as few dogs as you would like to. You get 60% of all walk payouts and tips.
good place to work
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2017
good customer service and clients . The app is extremely easy to use, and easy to navigate. Its easy to communicate with their customer service and clients
Easy work, good scheduling
Wag! Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2017
Wag is good if you do it often. Since there are so many walkers it can be hard to get walks but it's nice to make your own schedule. Most clients are nice but some don't tip much.
Competitive, but Rewarding
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2017
Wag! is great. The customer service is available, and the dogs are great! The only hard part is actually getting a dog to walk because there are too many walkers! It's really competitive to get a dog to walk even if you try to book fast. I'm lucky to have walked 2 dogs so far!
Pros
Dogs

Want to know more about Wag!?

Ask a question
Great!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 28, 2017
This was an awesome company to work for. A lot of hours and growth. It had a very friendly environment and great place to come and work everyday helping customers.
Wonderful app work place
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 16, 2017
It's an app. It's so professional. It's simple. I love it. Quick, fun money. Make your own hour. I enjoy the fact that I get to work with all types of dogs. Also the app makes it so simple.
Pros
Own hours, tips
Cons
A fun way to make extra money, and extremely convenient as I can manage my own time.
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  San Diego County, CAAugust 12, 2017
I have only been working for Wag for a few months now, but I really enjoy it. I am an independent contractor, so I can pick and choose when I would like to walk the dogs or house sit for people. It is not a realistic way to make a living, but it is a fun and easy way to make extra money and get to be around animals.
Do not rely on this job
Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2017
You don't make $30/hr....in fact you make nothing at all. I live in a big city and could not find a single dog to walk within miles. People don't even know about Wag! Total waste of time. If you want to walk dogs, apply for a job at a real kennel, volunteer, or go with something like Rover or Sitter City.
Cons
Horrible pay
Theres too many employees with this company
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2017
I've been apart of wag for almost 2 months and have only been able to accept one walk in that time. If you dont instantly click the notification theres no chance you can get a walk. And even if you do click it as soon as it shows up it sometimes its already gone. You have to pay 40 to join this company and then you never make any more. I've lost money doing this.
Dogs.
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2017
I worked as a WAG walker in Chicago and loved the exercise, flexible work and especially the time with the dogs.

Moved to Los Angeles and the opportunities are far fewer, much further apart and the money for each walk is the same as Chicago despite travel and living costs being much higher. Odd.

Generally it has been a good experience.
Best way to make money!
Dog Walker/Sitter (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 4, 2017
I can make my own schedule, hang out with dogs all day, and spend most of the day outside.

The support team is very friendly and helpful.

Great part-time job if you're in school or just need an extra job.
Pros
Adorable dogs and flexible hours.
Cons
sometimes competitive to get walks if you're in a popular neighborhood and new to Wag.
Wag Walker
Dog Handler and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2017
Great company with a friendly approach to help. Great work if you love animals. Get to be outdoors as well as get daily exercise. Work is not secure, sometimes you don't get walks in your area.
Do give up your fulltime job, barely making ends meet with this job (not good part-time work either )
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 28, 2017
I went from making $300 a week with WAG in January-April 2017, once it became heavily populated in the DC area im down to barely $36 a week because of one recurring walk 3 days a week. it sucks!!!! the minute I get a notification for a walk its taken already, i don't even know why they send me walks anymore, when in less than 1 second its gone to another walker in the area. very frustrating, I'm now struggling to try to find another job to survive. WAG is not good income. your lucky if you even make $20 in a week here in Washington dc anymore.
Pros
Cons
not reliable at all!!!
Great if you dont really need money and just want to walk gods sometimes))
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 22, 2017
I live in Miami beach and i guess its not that much people here using WAG .. usually i see 1 request a day.
Also Its not 30$ /hour , usually its $12.
Maybe you can earn money somewhere in NYC.... alas!
Pros
doggies
Cons
little chanses to earn something

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wag!. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3