WageWorks Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Third Party Administrators - A Growing Niche Market
Relationship Manager / Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2015
My tenure at WageWorks has been upward and positive for the most part. If you open yourself to opportunity, WageWorks can be a great learning platform and gives a great perspective into the Third Party Administration (TPA) industry.

My dissatisfaction lies in the many layoffs that have occurred since I have been there. These layoffs have been due to company acquisitions each year. Over the course of my tenure, I have witnessed the consistent demise of staff morale. When I joined the company, it was not publicly traded. In 2012 when the company went public, the dynamic drastically changed where the company focus was no longer employee retention, but more so client retention. With the emphasis on growing the company, employees began to feel less and less valued. It didn't seem as though Management had an eye or ear to the pervasive employee retention issues. To date, I have not seen a change and employee retention seems to be at an all time low.

It's a solid company with much to offer, however, I would not place all my eggs in this basket as over time, as with anything, things become stale.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Employee Retention - Staff Morale
Excellent work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 8, 2015
Everyone there is very helpful and respectful. Macys point system is amazing and empowers you to be in control of your own schedule.
Growing company gone Public!
COBRA Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 5, 2015
My experience at WageWorks has been a positive one. i have made some very lasting friendships during my tenure. This is a fast-paced environment. There is a lot of information that comes through the company daily. There is always something changing as there are MANY moving parts to this large organization

WageWorks is an advocate for training and education but the tuition reimbursement program seems more trouble than it's worth. WageWorks University is helpful but leaves much more to be desired. I've learned a great deal at WageWorks but advancement opportunities seem cumbersome as departments don't always have a clear path of professional growth and development.

As the company has gone public, more focus seems to have been placed on merger-acquisitions rather than employee satisfaction and retention. The compensation scale is not on a level playing field. Departments will willingly assign more responsibility without rewarding you with the compensation or title to go along with it. Account Service Consultants are essentially Account Managers but are not treated on the same professional level as an Account Manager but perform the EXACT same role.
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
unfair playing field for job roles, and compensation
Very nice place to work
Data Entry Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 20, 2015
The work load was very heavy, but it had a very nice work/home life balance. I enjoyed the many things I learned working here.
WageWorks review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 31, 2014
Learned a lot about Cafeteria Plans and how they work and are administered.
Pros
hours, pay, fellow employees
Cons
random layoff
No Benefits
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 3, 2014
I enjoyed working their but a job with no benefits is not beneficial.
Pros
always showed employee appreciation
Cons
they didnt offer any benefits
Duties
Senior Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 18, 2013
Took inbound calls on a regular basis to assist customers with their accounts.
Very diverse and fun place to work.
Network & Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2013
The environment is very challenging and the people are friendly.
A day at Wageworks Inc
Claims Processer III (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 1, 2013
A typical day at work:(Management)

Carrying out the personnel actions for a team of clerical and administrative support associates, which includes but is not limited to hiring and scheduling employees; training and evaluating employees; coaching, counseling and managing performance; and making salary, merit or other pay increase recommendations

Supervises others with filling support tasks including but not limited to compiling, coding, categorizing, logging and filing electronic and hard-copy documents to support the maintenance of business, office or personnel records and related information.

Orders and monitors inventory and office supply levels to ensure that the office is stocked with the appropriate materials and tools

Coordinates facilities management issues for the department or division.

What you learned:

Throughout my work experience while working with Wage works I’ve carried out the personnel actions for a team of clerical and administrative support associates, which includes but is not limited to hiring and scheduling employees; training and evaluating employees; coaching, counseling and managing performance; and making salary, merit or other pay increase recommendations. I’ve also supervised data-entry support to ensure the accuracy and availability of current information.

One of the roles I have at Wageworks is also to prepare or assist in the preparation of various reports as assigned or requested in one of the file format of Microsoft Word Microsoft Excel or Microsoft PowerPoint. This includes researching and presenting research findings and recommendations
  more... to management. Compiles, generates and distributes reports for the department or division, as needed or requested.

Co-workers

I have the ability to help others and I am able to balance work with personal matters without conflict. The management works diligently to create a supportive, teamwork environment. For the most part, employees check their egos at the door and all pitch in to complete the goals.

The hardest part of the job:

Managing negative emotions.

Most enjoyable part of the job.

There is very little stress. Everyone just does their job, and that makes it a pleasure to come to work every day."
Pros
learning new things
Cons
communication within upper management

2.9