WageWorks Employee Reviews in United States

Not a fun place to work - cold and impersonal
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 3, 2016
I was only here a short time - the culture just was not a good fit for me, or anyone I know for that matter. Managers don't know how to treat people, there is little to no camaraderie or fun, and it's just cold and impersonal. Work, work, work, and high expectations, but not much benefit in return. Benefits are hugely expensive and not very good. Teams didn't work well together. Overall, just an unhappy group and a hard place to spend 8 or 10 hours a day. There are lots better places out there - just keep looking.
Pros
free parking
Cons
Environment, work/life balance, benefits, management
Growing Pains
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 3, 2016
My experience at WageWorks was a learning one. After one year of being employed there, I quickly learned the business and began to branch out to other areas of the organization. What I discovered is opportunity is only as good as your manager. Sadly, WageWorks loses a lot of good talent because it appears executives or the WageWorks Leadership Team does not have visibility at such a high level to address the many managerial issues and conflicts that I was privy to during my employment there. You can certainly learn a lot about the business, but there seems to be a clear trend of lack in the area of effective management in many departments.
Pros
Great place to learn the TPA business
Cons
Terrible management structure and culture
Dont make it your 1st choice
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 17, 2016
My opinion is WageWorks embodies the corp goal of making money for the shareholder. Clients, and employees suffer as a result. If clients really knew what goes on inside the company I cannot imagine they would do business.
customer facing employees is a revolving door which leads to low service. Operations has been cut so errors are up. Everyone has to do more with less.
Pros
More than enough errors to keep you employed
Cons
management, systems, work life balance
Worst job ever
Customers Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 4, 2016
First, ppts are not informed on their information for the spend it by date, the claim by date, or any other information for them to submit claims..They have no workers due to them not paying what we deserve..They hold our shifts at work bc we're in queue.. The claims and ITs dont know how to do their job.. The benefits coordinator is the HR department and we cant tell them that which is the same thing.. The computers are out dated and need all new equipment. Theres no enough leadership or supervisors to help with questions.The worst is the commuter especially when were from a small town and dont know nothing about commuter rail, bus, train, taxis.. We would suggest any one to call and ask us questions before they do anything with their acct..KEY IS TO RESEARCH ALL INFORMATION..
Pros
good hours and benefits
Cons
everything
Corporate Company with very little room for growth
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 14, 2015
There is a distance between management and the employees. Management does not have a good understanding of the actual work performed by their teams. Due to this lack of "knowing" what is actually happening in these departments there are extremely valuable and smart employees that are either under appreciated or let go.

The hardest part was knowing that the division was being decommissioned and instead of trying to help these workers find jobs within the company, they were told to "hold their career paths in their own hands". This showed these employees how much they were under appreciated and valued.

The most enjoyable part was being able to do my job without micro management. I did not wait for things to be assigned to me. I took control of the situation and determined what would take priority and led myself (as well as several teammates).
Pros
Remote opportunities available, no micro-management
Cons
Healthcare, lack of communication, lack of detailed knowledge from management, under appreciated/valued
Good place to work long term
Implementation Manager II (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 24, 2016
Management is willing to work with outdated processes suggestions for overall long term improvement.

I enjoy working in implementation of FSA and commuter benefits. I would recommend working here.
Worst work culture I've experienced
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 17, 2016
I worked there 6 months. At my interview, I asked about work\home balance & was told it was great here, that they are flexible and rarely work overtime.
Two months in, I was put in a different role due to very poor management and pressured to work lots of overtime - due to poor management.
Needless to say, I started looking for another job. They would not even allow you to leave early for an appointment even if you had already worked 40 hours!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Terrible work culture and very poor management
Ok company
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 30, 2015
I was laid off...In the manner in which I was fired I didn't care for they normally give notice and time of lay offs in my case they didn't..
Productive place with nice coworkers
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 4, 2015
Nice people and managers. Relevant work, professional development opportunities, and career advancement. Several employees have been with the company for 10+ years.
Safe and firendly work enviornment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 2, 2015
Everything was well organized. They explained to me my job and the duties to be completed for the day and I made sure that I did just that. Everyone was extremely friendly and very helpful as well. Overall it was a pretty easy job and I enjoyed it. If It wasn't for my move back to Chicago I would still like to be employed at this job.
Great Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Great environmentJuly 27, 2015
Great Place to work if you want a Starter position and you don't mind being stuck to the desk and wearing head phones all day long.
Pros
They provide lunches during their overtime hours
Cons
Need to be permanant for benefits.
Service oriented company that focused on the quality of work and client service experience.
Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 13, 2015
Decent place to work. Acquired our previous company with the intent of absorbing the parallel systems and resources. Could have done a little better in the area of system evaluations and communication.
Positive and Friendly work environment
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 23, 2014
I enjoyed the 5 months that I worked for the company, the management were very open and available and my coworkers were very friendly and helpful in times of need. The best part about working at WageWorks is the calls handling is very easy to follow, the clients are easy to explain information to, very understanding for the most part. Even the escalated callers are easily deescalated once they comprehend the material being explained to them. The hardest part of the job is knowing it's only seasonal and your employment can end at any time if the business need calls for it and being a seasonal employee there are no benefits, you're basically just a body in a chair to take the calls.
Unstable stressful environment
Claims Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 23, 2013
Been working there for a few years but this year has been a sharp downturn for the employees. Oh no, the company is doing great and growing, i don't believe for two long though, it starts from within. There is no clear direction or preparation where we are going, Policies are changing, people are leaving, more work is piling on to the current employees portrayed as new opportunities, but really not always wanted and there is no choice. If you get sick more than 2 times during three months on a Monday you'd be punished and may end up loosing the job. Points for this points for that. The raises are just a little more of the inflation. Advancements...well unless you have prior experience or degree one step up is all you get from that point survival mode begins. Co-workers are great if find time to communicate.
Pros
great team
Cons
stressful, no direction, lots of emfases on business but not on employees high employee turn over
WageWorks Proposal Writer Review
Proposal Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 14, 2012
WageWorks has no concept of "work/life" balance. They would rather have you do several jobs but just get paid for having only one. For example, I witnessed other employees in new positions still doing their old positions for quite some time, while they "supposedly" were finding new people to hire.

The Management is very old school. By this I mean, they have no problems being inflexible with work scheduling while never considering the cost of getting burned out. The Management also has the characteristic knack for checking on who is in and out of the office daily.

I cannot speak for other departments, but for doing proposals and working in proposals: BUYER BEWARE.
Pros
compensation is fair, if you can get paid overtime.
Cons
old school management!
No real room for advancement
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 6, 2015
Management will hold you back instead of helping you advance in your career here. There really is no room for you to grow so you learn what you can and move on to somewhere else.
Cons
bad customer service
Fantastic Company; A lot of risk
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 11, 2013
A typical day of work somes in the form of being on the phones till your breaks, and/or meetings, for an entire shift. It could be tough, but by being involved in the Pre-tax Benefits program gives a lot of information ion the insight in how the system works and why things are the way they are. Out of the five supervisors, I had the oppurtunity to work with three of them as my supervisor. I can honestly say nothing bad about them. They are phenominal individuals who are incredibly supportive and willing to always go an extra mile for their team members. Kind and loving, they are skilled at being great leaders and great supports. Co-workers can be a mixed bag due to hiring practices, but I can say those I worked long term with have been wonderful people. the hardest part of the job is how much mandatory overtime can come out of no where. The most enjoyable part of the job is definately the kind of work it is. Helping people, not selling them anything or something, is a wonderful feeling.
Pros
great management and company, as well as the growth in the industry.
Cons
because you are a seasonal worker, there is no time off and no benefits.
Loved working at Bank of America.
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 9, 2015
during my years there I was able to learn a variety of different functions. Was always surrounded by great team mates and the culture was friendly with plenty of interaction within the bank. Lots
of activities, town halls, functions for the employees to participate
in. Real sense of camaraderie
Pros
enjoyed the variety of functions
Cons
location was a con for me
Mismanagement and disparity of work/life balance
Former proposal writer! (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 17, 2012
For this particular department, the turnaround times are ridiculously short and the department is short staffed. The company refuses to hire the necessary resources to accommodate the high volume of proposals, while insisting staff maintain a normal schedule of 8-5PM M-F. In other words, there is not much room for flexibility, but lots of room of easily burning out by seeing the same four walls one day turning into the next largely because of mismanagement and cutting cost.

Additionally, Management is highly concerned with staff in the office and not necessarily the fact that work is being completed.

The company overall is very small and still very much mired in fifties mentality of organizational functioning.
Pros
possibility for lots overtime!
Cons
mismanagement and old school management style!
Not quite as advertised....
Contractor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 27, 2013
From my interview I was so excited about starting my job at WageWorks because I had found a position where I could use the knowledge I had and the pay was great. Unfortunately, the training wasn't great and basically from the first day of training to the day I started on the phones it was more like the inmates ran the asylum. Favoritism was blatant and to say there is micromanaging is an understatement. Expectations are not realistic and unfortunately supervisors will say one thing to your face then an e-mail will be sent stating that "you're an embarrassment." Definitely hard to keep up morale....
Pros
being able to help customers and do what i enjoyed
Cons
loud environment and unsupportive management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WageWorks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8