WageWorks Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my job, however management is something to be desired.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 8, 2017
I learned a new product and how to educate others on that new product. People I worked with are well educated themselves and know what to do. Management however can be something to be desired as they are the one part that made the job un-enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new, who doesn't like to learn new things. First call center I ever worked in and it was a good experience for me.
Pros
Good work schedules
Cons
Management is non existent
They Forced my wife to quite because we had a baby
spouse (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 7, 2017
They forced my wife to quite after we had our baby, during her pregnancy they didn't support her, over worked her, didn't give her the time and place of work support a pregnant employee deserved as a spouse not the place for your loved one to work for, after we lost our baby my wife returned back to work and they didn't welcome her back they forced her to quite
Pros
Uneducated management
Cons
Uneducated management
No Comment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 17, 2017
I would recommend that good people stay away from this place. They work you to death and expect miracles but there is no help or anyone or anything to get you started.
Great opportunity great salary
Impel (Current Employee) –  IrvingApril 16, 2017
Very competitive salary great work environment. On-boarding was easy despite management thinking that it would be rough do to lack of training. Hardest part of the job is repetitive nature. The people are fantastic
Pros
Money
Cons
Not really any
Overall...
Data Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIApril 13, 2017
I was a contractor, and so was hired for a specific period for a specific purpose. The purpose was a major conversion and import of data, specifically insurance data, and thus it was a visible and high stress task. Overall, the team members were very good, and our manager was also good. However, the manager of the project and the manager our manager reported to did not have adequate project management skills, which made the task that much more difficult. Too, there was almost no training provided except by people on the team who had been there only a few more weeks than I. The atmosphere during the course of the conversion became toxic with much blame casting; it may be relevant to know that the manager I worked for subsequently left after my contract ended and I was let go.
Pros
Immediate team
Cons
Toxic atmospohere
The job is great but the company could be better
Cobra Processor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 12, 2017
Cobra department doesn't pay what you're worth. Your doing a cobra analyst job but they don't want to compensate for the title so they call you a processor and underpay you.

Work continuously gets pushed on you and you learn a lot but your pay never goes up just the stress and workload.

You have to kiss butt in order to move up. Your actual work performance doesn't play any part in moving up.
Pros
Most positions fit your schedule no weekends/holidays
Cons
management makes you not want to come in. a lot of favoritism
Revolving Door
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 11, 2017
The upper management says that he understands they are just borrowing their workers. If you want to leave there is the door. Software is outdated and pay is below cost of living.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Poor pay, outdated software and no job advancement
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 10, 2017
This company has poor management. People were put in positions as supervisors that did not have the skills to deal with employees. training provided was rushed.
Pros
Laid back dress code
Cons
Rushed training
Company will offer you more money than what you where making just to get you in the door.
Implementation Manager I (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 28, 2017
Run the other way! Unless you want to work in a sweat shop. Lots of hours and no work life balance. Just imagine working for a company manager and you can hear the boss walking down the hall in her stilettos and everyone runs to there cubical and puts there head down like they are busy! You can not socilize because if you do you are written up for that until they get you out the door.
Pros
Offers more money than previous job to get you in the door.
Cons
Poor management and training
Management is very supportive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 20, 2017
I'll be applying to Wageworks again. The only negative aspect of this position apply to the Commuter Benefits. They are incredibly complicated and frustrating for both customer and CSR.
Pros
Cons
Very high stress level

Want to know more about WageWorks?

Ask a question
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 28, 2017
Had a lot of fun working here, met a lot of hard workers, great supervisors, and a fantastic training program. don't agree with starting employees as seasonal though.
great starting job
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIFebruary 21, 2017
Good experience, but not a lot of options for promotion. I needed something that would move me to the next level. I performed efficient there. submitting daily reports that assisted the team.
Pros
increase skills
Cons
no growth
I wish I had kept looking
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIFebruary 16, 2017
It feels like everyone working here is miserable, because they'd prefer to be someplace else. Since there's no easy escape, management seems to know this and this gives them an excuse to treat employees how ever they want. This company will look you in the eyes, tell you respect is a core value, and anything less will not be tolerated. I've witnessed our VP yell at my immediate manager for reasons that were not his fault. Employees outside of your immediate team will expect you to drop everything you're doing to help them immediately, if we can't, we get told on. Other managers will also talk down to you if you try to understand their request.

There’s also an attitude of “Figure out who to blame” at our location. Instead of fixing an issue, fingers are pointed at everyone involved. They feel it’s more important to figure out who did what, reprimanded them, yell at them, than it is to really find a fix for the issue.

My entire team has had our jobs directly threatened by the CEO due to mistakes. At every other company I've been in, if we make a mistake, we review and learn from it. At this company, I really feel like any mistake may be my last. If I'm lucky to get off with a hand slap, I wonder what will happen next time and if they'll ever yell.

Project management is a joke. We've taken on a major government contract and there was no project plan or deadline provided to the people involved. Everything we did, we accomplished at the last minute. There are also issues with the data that no one can seem to resolve, this has led to many unpaid claims.

HR is a joke.
  more... There's been yelling matches in the conference room right next to HR's office. The walls are paper thin, yet somehow HR seems to have no knowledge of these events.  less
Pros
Free coffee and tea. decent commute, work life balance is ok if you're not on call, immediate management is great but can depend on your manager, close working relationship with direct teammates, Good place to learn about Claims and Financial payments
Cons
no respect, attitude of figure out who to blame then fix the issue, Project management is horrible, Cross team interactions are horrible
Poor management
AR Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 11, 2017
Management waste time on doing things that are not productive such frequent meetings with no solutions to problems. Employees are not respected
Pros
N/a
Cons
Good healthcare
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 26, 2017
IT department is a growing department, fast paced and great people to work with. Would recommend if starting out in IT of have years of experience.
Loved working for WageWorks!
Data Engineer, Product Support (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJanuary 13, 2017
WageWorks was a fantastic place for me to work [I left the company due to my husband's relocation]. The company's atmosphere is very friendly; people are kind, helpful and supportive. I enjoyed every minute of it. I would certainly recommend this company as a great place to work!
Pros
Great management team, great coworkers.
Decent Company, not the greatest.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 17, 2016
Overall, WageWorks is an average company to work for. The salary, job advancement, and corporate culture are all similar to companies I've worked for in the past. My immediate managers are great, the upper level management leaves something to be desired.
Entry Level
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 14, 2016
Entry level jobs. Company going through a lot of changes. Work load is very uneven. Pay is decent but never accept their 1st, 2nd or 3rd offer when being offered the job. they start very low and will tell you its the max but its really not.
Fun place to work. You are a number not a person.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 5, 2016
If you are seasonal they give you an almost impossible points system to live by. 10 points and you are gone. No matter what. They would not give me time off to go get married. The work is easy and it does feel really good to help people on the calls. However the calculated efficiency with which they fire people left and right reminds me of the book 1984.
Pros
Really fun people to work around. Your expectations are very well communicated and organized.
Cons
Set up to fail attendance points system.
Pleasant Team
Employee (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 11, 2016
Team that I work on is great. Company is not consistent with processes or policies, pay is low, benefits are not good and we can't work from home anymore. I don't know how to describe the company since we were bought by Wageworks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WageWorks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9