Wagner’s IGA is locally owned and operated with an excellent reputation of meeting the needs of their customers by providing outstanding quality, value, service and convenience. Our goal is to provide an unsurpassed shopping experience. For this reason, our stores are aesthetically pleasing and clean with the highest priority on offer a welcoming and respectful attitude. All employees are selected based on their desire to serve people and demonstrate their ability to create and maintain positive relationships with customers and the entire Wagner’s team.
Position: Deli/Bakery Manager
Our leadership team members are an integral part of the overall success of the business. Together they share accountability for the customer experience, sales and profitability of their market-place area.
The Bakery Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the Bakery Department. In addition to managing the daily output and display of bakery products, the Bakery Manager is focused on reducing costs, hiring, and training new employees, supervision, monitoring product quality and consistency, tracking inventory and managing the bakery's budget. This position ensures correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise and building of displays.
The Bakery Manager is responsible for managing department inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, and other operational processes to Sprouts standards. This position plans and orders according to company standards to maximize sales and gross profit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees total department operations
- Role models excellent customer service for the store team. Provides exceptional leadership and professionalism which inspires Team Members to demonstrate high integrity and excellence, consistently focus on delivering a exceptional customer experience through service
- Ensures that department employees provide excellent customer service and receive appropriate customer service training.
- Manages inventory, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge and maintains awareness of new products.
- Ensures the department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; maintains shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times.
- Ensures the department is well maintained and meets or exceeds company standards for appearance and freshness.
- Enforces loss controls and strives for minimum shrink.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and develops team members in accordance with company policies and procedures; administers performance reviews and corrective actions.
- Evaluates department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforces strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Ensures company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Offer product samples, answer product questions and offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
- Cleans walls, fans and drains in bakery coolers, display cases and work area.
- Cooks and prepares bakery products according to company guidelines.
- Prepares special orders as requested by customers (e.g., special occasion cakes, party platters, etc.).
- Schedules department employees.
- Willingness to actively and physically be involved in the day to day operation in the store, as needed and required.
- Complies with all state and federal laws/regulations and company policies including those regarding confidentiality, honesty and business ethics.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and leadership skills, preferably one or more years of experience in being able to direct and supervise individuals and manage work and priorities
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math sufficient to calculate margins, monitor profitability and manage inventory.
- Comprehensive Bakery product knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to train and mentor Bakery team members.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential
- Solid problem solving skills and decisiveness.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Appropriate Food Safety/Handlers certification/card.
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Organization and planning skills
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability and willingness to work a varied and flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, or days.
Contact Download Application http://www.wagnersiga.com/PDFS/WAGONLINEAPP1.pdf
Return to: Attention: HR 257 E. 4th Street Minster, Ohio 45865
Wagner’s IGA is locally owned and operated with an excellent reputation of meeting the needs of their customers by providing...