MEAT DEPARTMENT MANAGER
Wagner’s IGA is locally owned and operated with an excellent reputation of meeting the needs of their customers by providing outstanding quality, value, service and convenience. Our goal is to provide an unsurpassed shopping experience. For this reason, our stores are aesthetically pleasing and clean with the highest priority on offer a welcoming and respectful attitude. All employees are selected based on their desire to serve people and demonstrate their ability to create and maintain positive relationships with customers and the entire Wagner’s team.
Position: Meat Department Manager
Our leadership team members are an integral part of the overall success of the business. Together they share accountability for the customer experience, sales and profitability of their market-place area.
The Meat Department Manager is responsible for maintaining Wagner’s meat programs and managing all activities of the department including selling and service management, merchandising and business management, product handling and presentation, scheduling, ordering, receiving, and inventory control to store standards. The Meat Department Manager plans, orders, and prepares cutting lists, and processes meat according to department goals and standards to maximize sales and gross profit. This position is responsible for training and developing staff, work schedules, and supervising and managing department staff to ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise and displays
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees total department operations
- Provides exceptional store leadership and professionalism which inspires Team Members to demonstrate high integrity and excellence, consistently focus on delivering a exceptional customer experience through service
- Sets expectations and effectively communicates with Team Members for high standards of performance
- Manages inventory to ensure selection, freshness, and availability of product to drive sales; follows procedures for effective inventory control; controls expenditures and resources.
- Effectively implements promotional programs, merchandising and pricing plans.
- Manages department budget and achieves financial goals including sales, gross margin and labor.
- Handles customer complaints, questions or requests for information about the various meat and meat products that store sells.
- Selects, develops, coaches, schedule and evaluates Team Members
- Communicates priorities and delegate daily responsibilities throughout entire store while training and leading employees in accomplishing these task
- Demonstrates ability to achieve individual selling goals and metric
- Proven ability to drive sales results, able to analyze selling reports, identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Works closely with store support staff to effectively implement company programs, marketing and priorities.
- Ensures company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained; ensures current food handler permits are maintained for department employees.
- Monitors cooler and display area temperature to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Ensure the high quality and freshness of products and services possible with resources provided.
- Ensure high visual & merchandising standards to maintain an aesthetically pleasing shopping environment.
- Willingness to actively and physically be involved in the day to day operation in the store, as needed and required.
- Complies with all state and federal laws/regulations and company policies including those regarding confidentiality, honesty and business ethics.
- Other related duties as required.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and leadership skills, preferably one or more years of experience in being able to direct and supervise individuals and manage work and priorities
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math sufficient to calculate margins, monitor profitability and manage inventory.
- Comprehensive proper Meat product knowledge needed and a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to train and mentor Meat team members.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential
- Solid problem solving skills and decisiveness.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Appropriate Food Safety/Handlers certification/card.
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Organization and planning skills
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Ability and willingness to work a varied and flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, or days.
Download Application http://www.wagnersiga.com/PDFS/WAGONLINEAPP1.pdf
Return to: Attention: HR 257 E. 4th Street Minster, Ohio 45865
Wagner’s IGA is locally owned and operated with an excellent reputation of meeting the needs of their customers by providing...