Wagner College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Fun job
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 5, 2016
Working at Wagner while being is a student is a great opportunity. You are able to make money doing a fun job while going to school. I recommend having a student worker job at Wagner.
Pros
can get school work done while working
Cons
Good job and great campus
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 17, 2015
Experience here was great. The campus is beautiful and the work was good. The people at tech support are great people and great to work with.
Great learning experience
Assistant Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 20, 2015
A typical day of work at Wagner College for myself includes overseeing the facilities and operations of a residence hall on campus as well as supervising 80 student desk attendants who provide security to each residence hall. Over the course of my 2 years here I learned that many things never go as planned and being able to adapt is an essential quality to have. I have a very supportive group of co-workers that are determined to work hard and provide for the students on campus. The hardest part of the job is serving in an On-Call rotation for emergencies. You may get a call at any hour during the day and you have to respond and think quickly about what to do. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to interact with students and professional staff of the college and working together as a team.
Great educational facility with wide options for business majors
Peer Tutor in Accounting (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 22, 2015
Wagner College is a great institute even though it has its disadvantages since it is so small. However due to the location of the campus being so close to the city it is a great place for business majors such as myself.
fast pace work place,long hours on feet ,hot environment and repetitive work
SHORT ORDER COOK/GRILL COOK (Former Employee) –  Staten Island NYOctober 13, 2014
This job consisted of setting up for lunch, gathering cooking utensils and gathering food for the day restocking stations turning grill and flap top on cooked and ready to go foods. wait for orders to come in to prepare foods. Maintain clean stations and constantly washing and changing gloves. You'll have to stand for long periods of time, the environment is hot and you end up doing repetitive work.
Great Sports Medicine Staff. Administrators are less than competent unfortunately. Student Athletes were a pleasure to work with.
Head Athletic Trainer for Men's Lacrosse (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 24, 2013
Work approximately 10-14 hours per day.
Learned to instill accountability within student athletes
Developed multiple professional relationships
Privileged to have wonderful co-workers within Sports Medicine
Football season pushed us all to our limits and tested our abilities to the fullest, making anything after the fact seem simple.
The best part of the job were the relationships formulated due to hard work and perseverance through tough times with some of the best Sports Medicine professionals and student athletes around.
Productuve and fun work environment
Adjunct Professor- Biology Department (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 15, 2012
Managed a Neuroanatomy and Physiology lab and instructed undergraduate students about experimental design and data interpretation.

• Conducted and analyzed EEG’s on different animal models to gain a better understanding of brain activity.
• Studied different neurotransmitters from multiple species and followed the functions of glial cells and neurons.
• Dissected animals and reviewed gross and microscopic anatomical features.
Pros
freedom & flexibility
Cons
limited classes to lecture
Strangers in the night, exchanging glances
College English Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 10, 2013
I appreciated the way they served the rack of lamp...it was full, with the ribs included. Overpriced, however.p]a'erpoijgv[paorkm,f[wepkfg,mbpodk mpseofm,co[rlfmds oqel;lw;e[pw;ed[fvplmspv;bnmvkl,cme,l;wsdl.c[w
'psfmkvb p;fmd,College English Adjunct Professorw;la;sd.[;c,
Pros
prose is good, so is poetry
Cons
people in jail are called cons
plumber/maintenance (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Fun work place and great management team. Hands on paid training my job was to keep the facility clean and safe for the students. Any repairs that had to be done were done right away.
Beautiful Campus
Clinical & Graduate Year Coordination Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 30, 2013
Overall a nice work environment. The college also offers opportunities for continuing your education. The campus is beautiful and the student body is is diverse and professional
productive and fun workplace
Clinical Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 2, 2014
very positive experience so far. A typical day at work involves me teaching nursing students how to administer medication correctly.
Good while it lasted
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 22, 2013
Teaching is a whole lot more time consuming than I had time for. Just not a good fit for me. Staff was awesome though
Pros
good learning environment for students
Cons
commute was killing me
good managers
Co-founder of MOVE Program (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Managers work with you to get you as many hours as possible. Good opportunity to gain a little bit of money while you attend Wagner.
Great school
Student Nurse Practicum (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 20, 2014
A convenient location for commuters from the tri-state area. The professors were extremely knowledgeable and willing to help.
Academic Lab
Graduate assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 9, 2014
I worked here for many years in an academic lab performing research to learn new techniques in microbiology.
Nice small college
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 18, 2012
Small class sizes, beautiful campus. Allowed for personal interaction with professors.
Great professors
Faculty Secretary - Part time (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 2, 2013
I was acknowledged in I book I helped a professor work on. Learned how to edit their website.
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  staten island, nySeptember 6, 2012
secretary assistant. answer phones, file, receive and distribute messages from professors to students.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

4.2