Wagner Equipment Co. Employee Reviews

Fun, Amazing place to Work
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 15, 2017
Laid back but not slow environment. Easy to make friends and work with the people at the company. Honestly its a career if you are wiling to accept a starting role at first.
Used to be a good family company
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 13, 2017
Used to be proud to be an employee but recent (3 years) changes have made it a horrible experience. IT is managed by the owners wife so she decides whats important. Accounting acts as if the owners died and they became boss. No more company wide holiday potlucks due to management worrying about productivity. No more family picnics because it's more important to remodel the main lobby. Don't talk, show up to work, repeat.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, fairness, integrity
Challenging work. Paid training.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COOctober 31, 2017
Wagner is an ok place to work. We at Wagner are expected to work all the time and know "everything", however the pay is low and the management is poor. There is no support from management when there is a problem with a customer. They insulate themselves from problems and expect their techs to take the blame and resolve the issue. Management also expect field techs to exceed DOT operating hours of service, but if you're caught by DOT it's your problem and management will not stand up for employees. The "old school" way of managing is not going to work any longer. There needs to be newer ideas and better ways of managing employees.
Pros
Bennifits are good.
Cons
Poor manegment and low pay.
good place to work
Engine Technician feild service (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 13, 2017
Would be better place if management was more in tuned and on the same page. I work more than 12 hrs a day and fill I am not appreciated enough. Need better communication as well.
Good safety and decent pay
Journeyman heavy equipment mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 1, 2017
Decent pay, benefits and good job security. Company provides training to keep employees updated on new products. Safe place to work with all PPE provided. The problem with this company is they don't listen to there employees. Morale is very low in all areas of service. This is due to the numerous friends and relatives hired that cannot perform there duties.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Nepotism and negative, low morale
Excellent company to work for
Finance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 27, 2017
Fast paced environment, family owned. Great to work for, good benefits. Conveniently located. Great mentors within the company. Many learning opportunities.
Pros
Flexible hours, bonus day off for 2 holidays
Cons
No room to grow
Structured work place. Good place to learn and advance.
Executive Sales / Shop Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 14, 2017
John Deere Equipment has a huge variety. You can rent or purchase anything from Construction equipment to the small home owners landscapers. There is also Allied equipment available.
Easy going environment
Facilities (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NMApril 23, 2017
I currently work for Wagner & I do enjoy it. Its true there are some crabby & arrogant co-workers. But thats anywhere you go. I mainly keep to myself & do my duties.

But my immediate supervisor & dept. manager are very laid back & trusting. They appreciate the hard work you put into your job. The owner of the company makes it a point to acknowledge everyone. No matter what your position is, he comes by and shakes hands with you.
Pros
Weekends & holidays off, good pay, benefits
Cons
Some crabby peeps, not enough OT.
Good until you resign
Former parts person (Former Employee) –  New MexicoApril 5, 2017
Worked at Wagner for 3 years, the only issue is that when someone leaves, they put you in a position you know nothing about and expect you to like it! The Drama is Way out of line but Management likes it apparently! Upper Management doesn't listen to other employees to many buddy buddy's in the workplace and people always saying " NO my problem " they complain but take No action to afraid to speak up and if you resign,they immediately escort you off the property
Pros
Decent pay and benefits, Great parts dept, and Most co workers are friendly
Cons
Drama, being put where you shouldnt, Very Bad Attitudes not One Profesional team thats their moto
Very good company to work for.
Parts Distribution/parts Counterman (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 19, 2017
Company values employees and tries to foster a positive work environment. Management supports employees and offers a wide variety of benefits. Company tried to provide good job/work balance.
Pros
Good job/benefits
Cons
Long commute
people are really friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 2, 2017
People were really friendly you needed help no one hesitated to show you. they didn't judge you were friendly from the start
Pros
learned how things are done
Cons
didnt get hired on
Best company I ever worked for
Equipment Management Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 15, 2017
Managed people and contracts in three states. Able to develop new ideas. I built a group of employees from 4 to 34 in five years. I have an ill family member and desired to move back to PA to be near them. Wagner understood and helped me with the relocation.
Pros
The Wagners are an extraordinary family. They have time for every employee
Cons
I was homesick for family in PA. No conf for the company
Nice paying job
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  DelawareOctober 26, 2016
Very professional and organizations business I was glad to work for and travel different places to work. Like a big family work business and paid real good to.
Worst job in my life
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Manager in el Paso warehouse is the worst. I had a very bad experience. Would get no breaks, laughed at, hit at and unless your a favorite your opinions don't count. You can move up to sales for a bit but expect to get fired if you learn more than the managers.
Cons
No breaks.many more
Great family to work for with great values
2nd Shift shop manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COSeptember 10, 2016
Wagner is a great place to work, and the company cares about its employees. The management team takes ideas from employees and turns them into a reality. Which is always improving the work environment for all employees.
Pros
Great benefits, healthcare plan
Alot of travel through out colorful Colorado!!
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 5, 2016
Got to go to several factory training schools through out the years.
Went through alot of service managers!!
That was my big problem, every time we got a new manager it would throw the whole service department into a tall spin!! For the most part they had no idea what was involved to provide support to customers or the technicians under them!!
I had a very nice time working with Wagner
Sand Blaster,Aspiring Welder, Equipment Oporating (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 19, 2016
Had a very nice experience working there and made great friendships and learned a lot there. The only issue was that work slowed down quite a bit and the loss of hours a week made it difficult to stay with the company after the mine that we were getting our equipment from to repair filed bankruptcy.
Good Place to Start but that's it!
Level II Technician (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COMay 6, 2016
I worked on the rental side of the company. Where you are overworked and underpaid. There is unrealistic goals for getting equipment turned. The pay is the lowest for what you do. If you have a family to support, I wouldn't recommend working for rents. The company is divided in two. You have Rents which no one cares about and is underpaid for what you are asked to do. Where at the heavy equipment shop the interns make more money than the top level of tech at rents. There is horrible communication between departments and the management is a joke. Like I said, if you are young and don't have a family. This is a good starting point. Other than that don't waist your time. If you are looking to move up in Rents, don't bother wasting your time.
Pros
Benafits
Cons
Over worked, under paid and pore management
Busy Fast paced, work independently
Administrative Assistant/Reception (Current Employee) –  Durango, CO 81303April 29, 2016
I love my job, opportunity to learn and take company sponsored classes Awesome health benefits by today's standards.

Banking, answering phones, providing awesome and excellent
customer service. DOT documents filing and helping cover Co-workers

Hardest part: rude coworkers

Enjoyable part: pride in my job and duties

Learning the equipment

Managers are noteworhty
Pros
company growth, balance work to life ratio, benefits are Awesome.
Cons
pay scale is low for the area in which we live
Can't wait to move on!
Diesel Technician??? (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COFebruary 22, 2016
This observation is based solely on the Windsor shop and management there. This does not reflect the company as a whole. The benefits, 401K, vacation times, are above average for the industry. Now if you think you are going to come here and be a Diesel technician sorry to disappoint but you will only be a mechanic or what I like to call a parts changer. There is no skill needed to work here, even if you have years of experience. As that means nothing to the management here. There is only one way of doing things and that's "Wagner's Way" as management will put it in one way or another. All the large components go to Aurora to be repaired, examples: engines, transmissions, hydraulics, etc. There is way to much favoritism in this shop. Especially if your the only women in the shop, who can say and do what ever she wants. As she will get away with it as she is best friends with the service manager. (They go on vacations together!) The management team are nothing but "Yes" men. Even when a problem is looking directly at them they will ignore it or twist it to suit there own interpretation. The direct manager of the shop is the biggest fool I have ever worked under, and has absolutely no respect from anyone in the shop. Now this is not based on opinion but fact as the shops employee opinion survey EOS, puts managements leadership for the year of 2015 at a low 25% and the overall feeling that the shop has become worse over the past year at a high of 51%. The numbers don't lie. There is more! They have a contamination control program in place that will make you feel more like a janitor  more... than even a mechanic. You will do more cleaning than actually replacing parts and wonder how they stay in business. They do not give adequate time to do any job given out, as management will state that its time straight from CAT although I have seen them create work orders and put in there own times. I say this as they will use it against you when raise time comes around not to give you a raise if your times are not good. They will also change your times to suit themselves. Although it goes back to favoritism, if they like you and your performance is not good they will give you a raise. I've seen this done. I could continue going on but I feel you can get the idea of this shop and how it is. There are much better places to be than here. I suggest to avoid this shop at all cost unless the management team is completely replaced with a new one as they have all been here way to long and no nothing else of the real world.  less
Pros
Benefiets
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wagner Equipment Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9