Wagner Equipment Co.

Wagner Equipment Co. Employee Reviews

Nice paying job
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  DelawareOctober 26, 2016
Very professional and organizations business I was glad to work for and travel different places to work. Like a big family work business and paid real good to.
Worst job in my life
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Manager in el Paso warehouse is the worst. I had a very bad experience. Would get no breaks, laughed at, hit at and unless your a favorite your opinions don't count. You can move up to sales for a bit but expect to get fired if you learn more than the managers.
Cons
No breaks.many more
Great family to work for with great values
2nd Shift shop manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COSeptember 10, 2016
Wagner is a great place to work, and the company cares about its employees. The management team takes ideas from employees and turns them into a reality. Which is always improving the work environment for all employees.
Pros
Great benefits, healthcare plan
I had a very nice time working with Wagner
Sand Blaster,Aspiring Welder, Equipment Oporating (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 19, 2016
Had a very nice experience working there and made great friendships and learned a lot there. The only issue was that work slowed down quite a bit and the loss of hours a week made it difficult to stay with the company after the mine that we were getting our equipment from to repair filed bankruptcy.
Good Place to Start but that's it!
Level II Technician (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COMay 6, 2016
I worked on the rental side of the company. Where you are overworked and underpaid. There is unrealistic goals for getting equipment turned. The pay is the lowest for what you do. If you have a family to support, I wouldn't recommend working for rents. The company is divided in two. You have Rents which no one cares about and is underpaid for what you are asked to do. Where at the heavy equipment shop the interns make more money than the top level of tech at rents. There is horrible communication between departments and the management is a joke. Like I said, if you are young and don't have a family. This is a good starting point. Other than that don't waist your time. If you are looking to move up in Rents, don't bother wasting your time.
Pros
Benafits
Cons
Over worked, under paid and pore management
Busy Fast paced, work independently
Administrative Assistant/Reception (Current Employee) –  Durango, CO 81303April 29, 2016
I love my job, opportunity to learn and take company sponsored classes Awesome health benefits by today's standards.

Banking, answering phones, providing awesome and excellent
customer service. DOT documents filing and helping cover Co-workers

Hardest part: rude coworkers

Enjoyable part: pride in my job and duties

Learning the equipment

Managers are noteworhty
Pros
company growth, balance work to life ratio, benefits are Awesome.
Cons
pay scale is low for the area in which we live
Can't wait to move on!
Diesel Technician??? (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COFebruary 22, 2016
This observation is based solely on the Windsor shop and management there. This does not reflect the company as a whole. The benefits, 401K, vacation times, are above average for the industry. Now if you think you are going to come here and be a Diesel technician sorry to disappoint but you will only be a mechanic or what I like to call a parts changer. There is no skill needed to work here, even if you have years of experience. As that means nothing to the management here. There is only one way of doing things and that's "Wagner's Way" as management will put it in one way or another. All the large components go to Aurora to be repaired, examples: engines, transmissions, hydraulics, etc. There is way to much favoritism in this shop. Especially if your the only women in the shop, who can say and do what ever she wants. As she will get away with it as she is best friends with the service manager. (They go on vacations together!) The management team are nothing but "Yes" men. Even when a problem is looking directly at them they will ignore it or twist it to suit there own interpretation. The direct manager of the shop is the biggest fool I have ever worked under, and has absolutely no respect from anyone in the shop. Now this is not based on opinion but fact as the shops employee opinion survey EOS, puts managements leadership for the year of 2015 at a low 25% and the overall feeling that the shop has become worse over the past year at a high of 51%. The numbers don't lie. There is more! They have a contamination control program in place that will make you feel more like a janitor  more... than even a mechanic. You will do more cleaning than actually replacing parts and wonder how they stay in business. They do not give adequate time to do any job given out, as management will state that its time straight from CAT although I have seen them create work orders and put in there own times. I say this as they will use it against you when raise time comes around not to give you a raise if your times are not good. They will also change your times to suit themselves. Although it goes back to favoritism, if they like you and your performance is not good they will give you a raise. I've seen this done. I could continue going on but I feel you can get the idea of this shop and how it is. There are much better places to be than here. I suggest to avoid this shop at all cost unless the management team is completely replaced with a new one as they have all been here way to long and no nothing else of the real world.  less
Pros
Benefiets
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 26, 2015
Good place but pay is lower than average. Tooling is not up to par and there is communication issues between departments
Decent job and cool experience but tough to handle upper managers old school views on business
Engine Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 8, 2015
Easy going first starting off, employees are helpful. Managers are nice at first untill you offer advice with updating jobs or trying new ideas. Moving up is a challenge and turn over is tough sometimes.
Pros
Uniforms, money for tools, decent pay
Cons
Old School thinking, tough to move up or get increased pay after years of service.
field service (Former Employee) –  windsor, coloradoSeptember 21, 2015
great job, I was on call for oil field service and support. 24/7. many rewards to this. great people at wagner in Windsor.
Looking for another job
Heavy Equipment Mechanic-Main shop (Current Employee) –  AuroraAugust 29, 2015
Pay sucks at Wagner, hardest part of job is dealing with management and unreal expectations, I really don't feel the company owners have any idea what goes on in hourly jobs on the floor. Worked 50 hour weeks for the past two years and the vacation time is based on a 40 hour work week. We are told the ten hour days we work are not mandatory and that's how they get away with 40 hour a week rule on vacation. If you try to leave early like working 8 hours a day we r encourage not to if you want to keep your job. Looking for another job.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Money, benefits, backstabbers, a few bipolar employees
I loved working for these guys
Journeyman Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 27, 2015
worked hard , was payed well , cutting edge equipment and special tools. Nice shop. I learned a great deal while working for Wagner. heavy equipment was new to me but they allowed me to learn as I went along and made them money on building engines for them, I was proficient at building CAT engines.
Pros
exciting work, very satisfying!
Cons
I got hurt
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 10, 2015
I've had various positions with various companies and Wagner is one of the best places I have worked. It is a good company with good values and great benefits. It is nice to work at a large company that is still family owned and that does what it can to recognize it's employees. I feel valued working here, and plan to stay for years to come.
Benefits
All in all a great career provided.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 26, 2015
After high school I was lucky enough to be accepted for a position as a service technician for the Caterpillar dealer in New Mexico. As I approach 38 years in the business I'm reminded what a great chance I was given and look to finish my career with Wagner Equipment Co.
Pros
A worldwide organization.
Cons
Stiff competition in a tough market.
Great Place to Work with Many Advancement Opportunities
Operations (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 25, 2015
I have worked at Wagner Equipment for just under 4 years. In that time I have worked in 3 different positions with the company. I have enjoyed all 3 of my roles and cant wait to see what my next opportunity is. If you are a hard worker and show initiative there are plenty of advancement opportunities. The culture is a little more conservative and at a slower pace but I enjoy this a lot. The benefits are amazing and include tuition reimbursement. Overall, Wagner Equipment is a great place to work and I hope to end my career with this company.
Pros
benefits, culture, ownership, family owned
Fair company to have a career with
Service (Current Employee) –  FarmingtonJune 13, 2015
I have a high respect for my current supervisor. The team that I worked with for the most part had respect for each other and myself. I very much enjoyed going to work everyday and working with them all. The benefits in my opinion need some attention.
Pros
Family owned
Cons
benefits and compensation
Great place to work.
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJune 9, 2015
I've worked for Wagner Equipment for 3 years and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The benefits are great, and there have been great opportunities for advancement. My supervisor is extremely understanding and helpful with my schedule in regards to family and school. Wagner is a huge advocate for higher education so they not only offer tuition reimbursement, but each manager I've had has made it a priority to work with my school schedule. I worked in the mining industry previously, but have learned a lot from Wagner about many other sides of the business. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with customers and coworkers. The hardest part of the job is communication between departments. Wagner does annual Employee Opinion Surveys and takes our concerns (such as communication and employee involvement) into account. Overall, I would definitely recommend Wagner Equipment as an employer.
Pros
Healthcare, tuition reimbursement
Down to earth atmosphere centered around construction and ag customers.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 2, 2015
Fast-paced environment in which heavy equipment is rented, sold and financed to construction and ag customers. Diversified company with lots of untapped potential remaining.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not too many growth opportunities, especially for women
Great Place to Work
4 year employee (Current Employee) –  New MexicoApril 2, 2015
The benefits, company values, product line, and people are excellent. There are opportunities for advancement if you work hard. The company is slow to change, but it seems like upper management is working on it by doing regular company update meetings and communicating more. Overall, a great secure place to work where you feel valued.
Pros
Benefits, Good Ownership, Job Security, Advancement Opportunity
Cons
Growing pains and changes as the company modernizes itself
No room for advancement, IT department is intolerable.
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 15, 2014
Manager of Information Services has a horrible attitude that creates a hostile working environment and drags down the mood of everyone he comes in contact with. People would avoid calling him to work with me instead. Dead end job, nowhere within the company to advance.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement. Bad management.

2.7