Wahl Clipper Corporation Employee Reviews

The only place in town
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILSeptember 25, 2017
If you have no other options in a small town you do what you have to do. The company would never make it in a city with competition. Very low pay for the workload. There is absolutely no room for advancement unless someone leaves the company.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no advancement
productive and fun
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Get to listen to music while you work, the supervisor is laid back and easy going, the supervisor likes to joke around, the job is easy and I like doing my job
Not a place for me
Office worker (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILAugust 30, 2017
The management is not good as they micro manage when unnecessary. The pay is not competitive to other brands. There is no plan within departments for career advancement.
Fun fast-paced work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILAugust 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Wahl Clipper, they give you opportunities for over-time and piecework. The most enjoyable part was working with your friends, you learn to work like a team to get the parts out in a timely matter. The hardest part to most people would probably be the different amount of trimmers to learn how to build. I'm a fast learner so i could make rate the first day on every trimmer i learned, there wasn't very many things i had difficulty with. A typical day at work could range from 1 to 5 changeovers in a day. Our line usually got a bunch of changeovers a day because we new the most trimmers and were very face-paced and hard working. It could get stressful because you still need to make rate for the trimmers if you have changeovers, you would have to walk across the building to get all the parts you needed and put back others so you were practically running to get things set up. You are only required 15 minutes for a changeover.
Pros
Over-time, piecework, 2 weeks off for Christmas, Awesome Healthcare
Wahl
International Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILJuly 31, 2017
Ok company for around the area. Not comparable pay compared to competitor companies.Not a positive atmosphere. Lacks documented processes and guidance.
Quiet, hardworking office place
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILMay 23, 2017
As an intern I did whatever was needed. Often the tasks I was given only took 5-45 minutes to complete, leaving me with nothing to do for the rest of the day. It was fun and exciting to work with the people I got to work with though, and it was really cool to be able to utilize my creative ability the few times I was able to.
Pros
4 hour days
Cons
not enough work to keep me busy
Great place
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILMarch 21, 2017
Everyone is nice and people are good at their jobs. The engineers were helpful in guiding me through various projects. All employees showed competence and a willingness to get their jobs done correctly.
IT Department/ EDI/Telephone Administrator
IT Dept/Telephone System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILMarch 9, 2017
IT Dept/Telephone System Administrator- Electronic Data Interchange (mapping) (EDI)
Maintained and mapped EDI for our customer database. Telecommunication equipment upgrades, created phone traffic and usage reports and provided Employee telephone training with the Avaya Telephone System. Supplied cell phones and credit card accounts when necessary.
I worked with many different customers and learned a lot. Some things were the same requirements and others were not.
Workplace culture was fine
Hardest part of the job was not being able to meet up to the expectations of some people.
Enjoyable was meeting different people and accomplishing the tasks that they asked me to do.
Pros
Great place to work, flexible hours when needed
Cons
I don't have any
Family Oriented
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILFebruary 28, 2017
-family oriented environment
-friendly management
-upward mobility within the company
-family fun day every summer
-perfect attendance field trips
-employee annual banquet
-rewards for years of service
Indentured servitude
Production Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILSeptember 18, 2016
I know in this economic time people are willing to work anywhere there is decent pay. This place will give you pay and insurance but wants your life in return. Six day weeks of ten hour shifts. Supervisors who push and push while taking smoke breaks every hour. Unattainable or downright ridiculous standards demanded by the higher ups. Trust me....I worked here eight years and would never go back. Of you need some fast cash, work here for a few months but have an escape plan ready. Do not allow them to ensnare you or else you will find yourself grown complacent and under their boots.
Stable Job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILOctober 12, 2015
worked first shift in clipper assembly..tend to work 10 hour shifts starting at 5am-3:30pm...very repetitive work..sometimes the worst part about the job would be on every lot you have to make rate or in other words make a certain amount of productive per hour in order not to get docked from your pay check.. and if one person cant make it on your line then everyone on the assembly line suffers.
Pros
healthcare, family company, pay, 2wks xmas shutdown
Cons
bullying, overtime
CLIPPER LINE INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Sterling, Il.May 20, 2013
Job security and benefits were great at Wahl Clipper. The work hours were long and included Saturday work with overtime .
Great place to work with very friendly people
Industrial Design intern (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILJuly 9, 2012
Great place to work with very friendly people. Everyone was willing to go out of their way to help me learn while I was an intern. Management was very kind as well. A good family run company.
Pros
great people
Cons
location
A great place to work
Industrial Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILMarch 11, 2012
I was very impressed with how well the company is run and how the management was very kind to everyone. The management served lunch to all the employees on two separate occasions while I worked there over the summer. People were very friendly and helpful during my internship.
Pros
management really seems to care for the employees, great people to work with, very friendly