Warehouse Equipment Operator is responsible for accurately sequencing parts per customer specifications, following work instructions and verifying sequence order by using the scanning process. Safely and efficiently operate and maintain warehouse equipment such as mobile equipment and/or crane & hoist.
- Sequence products per customer specifications
- Operate hands tools, assembly equipment, basic office equipment
- Sort products for quality checking and defect containment
- Perform quality checks per company/customer specifications
- Ensure product is labeled and free from defect
- Accurately complete all paperwork/documentation associated with the position.
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as sweeping; remove scrap, pallets, cardboard, etc
- Ability to safely operate crane and hoist equipment and/or mobile equipment
- Follow all safety and operational guidelines associated to operating crane and hoist equipment and/or mobile equipment
- Ability to operate and become certified to operate mobile equipment (Low-Lift Truck)
- Must be able to meet company attendance and reliability standards
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
Technical (hard) skills:
- Must have basic reading and writing skills
- Prior experience working in a warehouse and/or working in a JIT (Just-In-Time Inventory) environment is preferred
- Basic computer skills & experience using a warehouse management system is a plus
- Knowledge of safety practices
Critical (soft) skills:
- Must be detailed oriented
- Ability to occasionally lift 70 lbs and push/pull up to 105 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, squat and lift above shoulders
- Must be able to grasp, pull and push material
- Must be able to stand for long period of time and frequently walk
- Must have good visual acuity & ability to decipher colors
- Must be able to safely maneuver and operate crane and hoist equipment
- Must be able to step up and down from low-lift truck
- Must be able to adapt to seasonal temperatures in a warehouse environment
Working Conditions and Environment
- Regular exposure to high forklift traffic.
- 8 hour work schedule, occasional weekends and over-time
- Warehouse conditions are subject to seasonal temperatures.
- Required PPE: steel-toed shoes and safety glasses
Hours of Work and Supervision:
- Typically Monday – Friday
Compensation, Benefits and Travel:
- Pay –Hourly Position
- Eligible to participate in the company’s benefit package first of the month following 60 days of employment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
****For further consideration please apply here: