WAINWRIGHT INDUSTRIES Employee Reviews

Would have to improve to rate as poor
Materials (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOApril 22, 2017
Policies are hostile towards employees. If you're good at your job, you will be locked in and never advance. Pay is sub-par at best. Long hours.
Lots of favoritism and bias. While a handful of people work hard, many spend a great deal of time playing and management just piles more work on those who are already overworked.
Training consists of "read this, sign that, there... you've been trained."
HR is a joke. If you have any questions for HR, you'll have to wait until they're done with their round of Candy Crush before they'll even acknowledge that you're in the room with them and then they'll treat you like you're interrupting important business.
If you have the opportunity to work for this company... RUN AWAY and don't look back.

The only reason I give 1 star is Indeed will not permit 0 stars.
Pros
Cons
Too many for the space allowed here
Fun place to work at but bad management.
Robotic Welder Operator/weld tecnition (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMarch 10, 2017
The place has all new management they are loosening business not looken app good on there part to keep us in a job feel like I could lose it at any time.
Job itself is great, strange hours
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 7, 2017
decent pay and room to room to advance, its been awhile so things have changed since I have been there. I don't want state anything false about the hours, I would inquire about them and if they work for you then you will enjoy your job.
Pros
Not much physical labor. Decent payscale, benefits
Cons
Possibly the hours
good job
Materials Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 24, 2017
Good pay lots of hours. If you want to work for a company that pays well and hires frequently this is your place. If you know how to drive a forklift they will jire you.
Tough role
MATERIALS LEAD (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 16, 2017
Located in the GM Plant so even though you are working for Wainwright being placed that the Plant leaves you living with the enemy so to speak. Then your own Company forgets about you until they need you. And then it is just to bail them out. If someone calls in you are stuck there covering their shift.
Pros
Better relationship with customer
Cons
Little support from Company
Good people to work with, enjoyed forklift operation
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 10, 2017
Worked 12 hour shifts. It was a fast paced environment. Co workers fun to be around. l Liked the fast paced environment. Management was fine. Hardest part of the job was overtime and working 12 hours.
Productive and very nice place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MODecember 28, 2016
Very nice staff overall great job!!
Just the distance from where I lived was a problem.
All the employees were great to work with even the Production Manager had a great attitude.
Pros
Great job for advancement!
Cons
12 hour shifts and only a 30 min lunch.
Great workers
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MODecember 27, 2016
It was fun working with a very large diverse group of employees to achieve our daily goals. Accomplishing our daily goals allowed us all to grow as a team.
Stay Away From This Company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2016
The Inventory Control Supervisor lacks respect and talks to her employees in a condescending tone. She has been reported to the local HR several times for her behavior. Yet, she has not been terminated. The number of times that she has exhibited this very rude and poor behavior should be grounds for dismissal. The next step will be to report her to corporate.
Terrible work place for anyone
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 2, 2016
Long hours! Awful benefits! You will be way under paid for the work that is expected of you. No support from management all the way up to corporate. Under qualified management all the way around with no real knowledge of what it takes to preform the job at hand. The entire staff of grunt workers who make the place run day to day all feel the same. (They hate wainwright). If you are looking to come work for this company keep looking!! There are so many better options out there.
Pros
Cons
Management is terrible
Good atmosphere lots of great people to work with. Management needs to think more independently and progress with less of a single minded buddy system
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MONovember 28, 2016
Lots of great people work here which makes for a comfortable working experience however management and HR has a long way to go when it comes to having a clue on how to keep valued employees. Turn over rate must be close to 80-90%
Not bad hours good days off
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MONovember 27, 2016
long hours, trained with maint. for 4 weeks. Not bad place to work. Hope to join there team aging. Fasted pace for keeping up with production needs. Seams like a good company, as there moving in a bigger plant.
Productive place to work
Sub-Assembly (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MONovember 7, 2016
People are nice, company is ok to work for. I've been employed as a temp for a short period of time, planning to relocate, so I'm not trying to get too far into this company
good
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 4, 2016
Its a good job to have . The management is great and fare . I enjoy going to work every week . they do put your forklift skills to the test .
productive work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOOctober 6, 2016
it was a productive place. Even though you stand mostly in place all day . how ever it was not a hard job and they were relaxed. learned what body harnesses were and how to fix them.
Pros
vending machines
Cons
use to be a great place to work but now not so much.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOOctober 5, 2016
12 hour shifts. i learned a lot of new information about the automotive manufacturing industry. the operation leaders on my shift were good management and the plant manager was a nice guy. but the human resource department at my location was incompetent, lost, and some times rude,that was a majority of the reason i moved on.Some of the people that i worked with on my shift are the best employees that i have ever seen. The hardest part about the job was all the change, 12 hour shifts, and upper management. I enjoyed working with some good people and the money was ok.
Pros
coworkers, ok pay and new car discount
Cons
underqualified poorly trained help, that has a chip on there shoulders, for some reason.with some of the worst upper management i have ever seen .
Fun and fast paced Work
Customer Liaison (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOOctober 4, 2016
I love this company. It has its flaws like any other but it is a great company to work for. Lots of room for advancement. Great management and training.
Unorganized Management
Production Tool and Die Set up Op B (Current Employee) –  St. Peters, MOSeptember 6, 2016
Typical day of work: Start off by fixing whatever is needed after second and third shifts run all night. Make an effort to get press running and keep it running correctly while doing quality checks of parts. Days finish by tying in second shift on how things ran throughout the day and any issues I may have had.
I've learned a lot about the manufacturing business; how to run presses, troubleshoot issues, quality check parts, use continuous improvement policies to better run jobs at work.
Management has gone downhill after the buyout of the company a few years back. There is no organization or supervision of anything going on. Almost every person that was with the company before the buyout has quit due to the downhill fall of the company as of recent.
The hardest part about the job is dealing with the disorganization of the company and dealing with the management that does not seem to care about how the company ends up while working as hard as I can to keep my things running smoothly.
I enjoy the mechanical side of things and working with my hands.
Fast paced environment, hectic, attention to detail needed, enjoyable work cullture
Material Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOJune 21, 2016
Management leaves something to be desired with the way they staff and handle or don't handle certain issues. Co workers are friendly and nice and the compensation and benefits does keep employees willing to come back to work
Pros
multiple shifts to work, open most of the week, job culture
Cons
management
Productive place to work, Management was great.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed working there management was great and co-workers where great to work with and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is that it was very fast paced, we would manufacture about 40 headliners per hour.
Pros
The Co-workers and management
Cons
I was just a temporary