Waiter.com Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Low pay, beats up your car and body, but driving is fun
Owner/C.E.O. Craig Cohen, ph# (650) (Former Employee) –  Mt. View, CA.April 2, 2015
What you need most to know about Waiter.com is that, while they tell you you'll receive "tips," the company actually charges a "15% Driver Support" fee that all the customers believe is a mandatory tip to the Driver. The Drivers don't see a penny of that; and any time a Driver lets customers know that there's a separate box to write in the tip, that Driver gets fired for informing the customers so.

Since you use your own car, and they really only reimburse for GAS, after car expenses the job is less than minimum wage--with high risk in busy traffic and illegal parking required, and high risk of damage to your far being pressured to park wherever in busy down town areas.

Also, you're expected to be available split shifts 6 days per week

The driving/radio part is fun, though.
Pros
Driving, 1/2 off good meals
Cons
less than minimum wage after car expenses
Great Place To Work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Daly City,Ca to San Jose,CaAugust 21, 2013
-I would receive my order via text message and email. I would print out the order items and the labels if necessary. I would the nnavigate to the restaurant to pick up the food. After i made sure all of the items were there i would navigate to the customer and deliver the food.

-Management was very friendly and helpful.
Pros
50% off deliveries from the website, no direct supervision, discovered new restaurants.
Cons
a lot of wear and tear on your car.
Great place to work when going to school
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 14, 2013
Working at Waiter.com is great if you are a student or have another job. The work environment is stress free and the schedule is flexible. The major benefit is free food during meetings and 1/2 off ordering from restaurants (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
Pros
1/2 off food at partnering restaurants
Cons
no holiday pay, pto, or benefits
Great idea with variety in food and people.
Courrier (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 23, 2013
My shifts are very consistent and I have learned the differences from each restaurant. We offer so many options to our clients and have to keep organization a top priority. Attention to details may be the most critical aspect of this job. I enjoy the advantage of not suffering in my studies as I am also a student. The flexibility of my schedule is important for me. I also get to work without much supervision and I enjoy being independent in that sense. Interacting with my clientele on regular a regular basis and anticipating their needs means the most for me. I have established a great relationship with the customers and that means something to them as well. They can count on me when I am handling their orders.
Pros
the benefits for part time, minimal supervision
Cons
little in the way of making a career

2.4