Wake County Government Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Wake County Detention Center (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2017
It was great working there, very productive, and steady pace and busy at all times, hardworking, great skills, cleaning, great staff, professional environment to work in.
Great community
Intern (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 14, 2017
Wake county has a strong community of positivity. There is always an objective ready to be completed for the day. Several tasks are presented to anyone and everyone. Projects are often in teams so there are plenty of meetings and teamwork/ collaboration involved.
No a great place
Access Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 23, 2017
Management does not care about workers. Don't realyly have to much to say about the company. I just think you have to be careful on selecting the right management
Management makes compensation not worth being there
Child Welfare/Senior Practitionet (Former Employee) –  SwinburneSeptember 16, 2017
This agency was once supportive, in child welfare. Over the years, arrogance has created hostility among child welfare. Promotions are not based on previous performance. When discussing performance based increases, the job descriptions make it impossible to achieve a rating above average. Cases are closed without documentation being completed all to meet state standards.
If you can get a job, then yes, I suggest taking it to get your foot in the door, but you will work your butt off without support but at least your employed with insurance.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Lack of support
Great work/life balance
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 17, 2017
Excellent opportunity to work for an institution that offers work/life balance, stability and is open to innovative ideas. Offers a competitive pension and benefits plan as well as on-site employee health centers.
Pros
Location, pension, health center, performance merit
Productive and Competitive work place at Wake County
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCApril 10, 2017
I handled a lot of cases, and was very organized with my outlook calendar to keep up to date with up coming events or needs on my case load. I assisted in client duty, helping incoming customers with questions they had and also handing out community refferals.
Chance to grow
Dental Assistant/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 23, 2017
Good place to work, they have great benefits. Very multi-cultural, they offer a lot of free training,and are pro-family. Probation is a year and you can always change positions.
Fast Paced environment that promtoes positive experience and increase in skill sets.
Human Services Senior Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2016
My time at Wake County has been rewarding as I began as a tech and with me furthering my education opportunities have been available. My on board training was phenomenal. I enjoy the joys of serving our families through their transitions.
Not good
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  SwinburneAugust 7, 2016
Worked for WCHS for several years. Found that there is an air of superiority/arrogance among directors and deputy directors. There is no room for growth in most positions. The agency is not employee friendly at all. Raises are based on merit, but the workloads are typically set up so that it is difficult to do all of your work in order to get a raise. Benefits are okay. Certain positions require work in the community in potentially dangerous situations, but the worker has no protection. Some supervisors are not supportive of their workers. Other than having good co-workers, A lot of underhanded things done by some of the supervisors. I did not like working for this company. Worked a lot of overtime due to the job requirements, but the agency always wanted us to take comp time,which was nearly impossible. I do like that I was able to help my clients. I liked the work that I did. I had a great direct supervisor who was not treated well either.
Pros
nice office/cubicle, decent benefits
Cons
workload, bad upper management, low pay
on call schedule
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 23, 2016
easy day
ok management
works alone
weather conditions are a little hard
sometimes you have unruly kids
hot on the bus
a typical day you would go by school hours.
Pros
easy to drive bus
Cons
little pay
Typical day at work
Income Maintenance Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 5, 2016
Work with clients and parents. Make sure clients receive their therapy as it written in their goals. Work with child to make sure they adapt to their surroundings.
Another wonderful volunteer job
Guardian Ad Litem (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 5, 2015
The Guardian ad Litem program is the best job you will ever have. No it is not paid, but provides its volunteers with a life-changing experience.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Hard work
Poor advancement possibilities. Very low raises.
Ex-employee (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 30, 2015
Not recommended as an employer. No room or corporate plan for advancement. Poor project management. Only way to get a good raise or bonus is to leave.
Cons
Low raises.
Fun place nice people to work with
Human Service Senior Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJuly 30, 2013
Technology can be improved upon software programs developed to help workers be more productive completing paperwork.
Fast-paced environment
Public Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 10, 2012
Due to the economic situation, Wake County Government has been forced to downsize, which creates a larger workload for all employees.

However, it's a comfortable environment that welcomes input and opinions.