Wake County Human Services Employee Reviews in United States

Advancement and pay increases slow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 30, 2015
Non-stressful environment and steady time sensitive responsibilities. Great cross training. Management could of been more professional. The cross training allowed me to become more efficient and effective in my duties. As a team leader I enjoyed meeting with and helping my co-workers accomplish their goals.
Pros
Respected when needing time off for appointments or un-forseen emergencies.
Cons
Exteamly slow to award much earned raises.
learning new skills
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 20, 2015
it is a great place work you learn so much skills. the staff are great and mangers try to help everyone that are starting out there
Productivity was in abundance
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 7, 2015
A typical work day consisted of knowing you would help a very large group of people from the community. I learned so many things from extended customer service skills, dealing and interacting with the public better and most importantly how to be a case manager. Management was amazing and very helpful and knowledgeable. My co - workers had a lot of experience and knew their jobs to the fullest. The hardest part of my job would have to have been the training and also the most enjoyable, that is where I gained most of my knowledge on case management from.
Pros
Interacting with the public
Cons
That I was unsuccessful in passing my exam which led to my dismissal
A Learning Experience
Human Service Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 25, 2015
Assisting families apply for Medicaid Insurance. I learned how to process all applications with a timely manner. Management was satisfactory. Some co-workers were a delight. Enjoyed working as a team member. Enjoy client environment. Hardest part of the job was getting along with some colleagues: and irate customers. The most enjoyable was assisting people get what was needed for their families.
Pros
One hour lunch break
Cons
Good healthcare
Very welcoming Staff
Hs Technician (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 23, 2015
I would Definitely Recommend this loving work place. Everyone makes you feel like your a family and everyone is treated equally
Case Manager
Human Service Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2015
I love working with the public and assisting in any way I can. As a case manager I was very dedicated and available to my clients/customers. The work atomsphere was family oriented and team driven.
Pros
being able to help someone and knowing their need was met.
Cons
due to the technology human service has taken the human out of the service.
fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 7, 2014
pulling medicals records for patients with an appointment that day
Very demanding, time consuming, and interesting place to work
FNS Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, North CarolinaDecember 1, 2014
A typical day at work starts with an ongoing case load of 57 plus; telephone inquiries; and trouble shooting approved cases that did not pay out
I learned that people don't necessarily tell the truth so research is a must.
Management here is very hands on. Our work loads and the public demand it.
The hardest part of this job is trying to stay ahead of deadlines
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people I work with
Pros
steady work
Cons
over whelming clients
Non-Satisfactory
Human Service Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 27, 2014
Stressful, under paid and over worked due to case overloads. Co-workers lack of team work. Hardest part of job was working with irate customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving for the day.
Cons
short beaks to one hour lunch breaks
I worked for Wake County Government at the Department of Social Services
Universal Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 24, 2014
It was a challenging job. I worked very hard, advanced, worked overime, learned new skills and was a loyal hard working individual.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
worker input during mass changes was nonexistent.
Administrative Assistante
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCNovember 17, 2014
Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management and case workers. Data entry, maintain office supplies for department. Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, memos and emails. Translate forms English to Spanish. Also assist translating for hispanic visitors.
Great Place, Great Benefits
Social Worker, Care Coordination for Children (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 16, 2014
I enjoy working with clients and my co-workers. Great benefits with the County.
Family centered
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2014
Flexible and family centered workplace. Competitive benefits.
A great place to work
Public Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 5, 2014
My only regret was that I was working with a temporary grant that ended. This was an absolutely wonderful place to work and the staff in the Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section were angels on earth. Supportive, helpful and overall nice people. Health Promotions, YOU ROCK!!!
Pros
hours, support, work environment and culture
Cons
this was a temporary grant funded position that ended
Fast Leaner Very Teachable
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  RALEIGH, NCJuly 28, 2014
I am a fast leaner when it comes to procedure and policy.
As a Case Manager I have learned that for the most part people do not want to ask for assistance, that it is a last resort. For the most part people are grateful for the help and do not intend to remain on any type of public assistance for long.
My co workers would say that I am very helpful, I may make a joke or two but I am always willing to help and answers questions or trouble shoot if I have to. I enjoy of all the people I work with work for. My clients are pleasant and happy for the most part. The best part of my job is knowing that I have helped someone that really needed it the most.
Productive and Critical workplace - with open communication
BF Peer Counselor, Exec Sec., Admin. Asst/CSR (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2014
As you will notice with over 13 years of experience, I loved working with Wake County Human Serives.
The department I had worked for quite a while closed and I accepted a position with a department with duties quite different from where I'd worked previously. From the beginning, even in the training, it became clear this position was not a good fit. My manager wrote a note to my file saying my work in that department was below her standard, which I certainly understood and at the end of the probationary period it was agreed the position was not a good fit and I was terminated.
In no way does the most recent assessment reflect how I loved working at Wake County - the direct open communication with management to ensure we were all providing excellent customer service and understood our tasks - the interaction with the clients, the helpful nature I felt while assisting them in completing insurance forms and logging them into the system to name just a few, were a delight.
Volunteer
MSW Intern (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2014
The Healing Place is incredibly welcoming and a friendly, peer-run community. The clients are some of the most rewarding and authentic people I have worked with, and the management is incredibly accomadating.
Hard worker
Administive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 14, 2014
making copies of applications. Also helping clinets find where they needed to go for apponitments.
enjoyed working with the case workers and clinets
Overall, great place to work
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 5, 2014
I have LOVED working for the county these past 13 years, completing clerical tasks, using bilingual abilities to assist clients, and completing forms for them. It has, and my previous reviews reflect, a compatible working relationship. The most recent position as a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor would be the exception. Without speaking badly about management, or my ability or inability to understand her wishes, I prefer to assert that it was just not a good fit, following the six month probationary period, where we both decided it was time to move on,
HR has confirmed for me that I have a good record working for the county and am not prevented from continuing to seek employment or work for the county.
chance to use my excell skills
Executive Assistant/Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 8, 2013
collect timesheets, update spreadsheet, help counselors with forms, pull off label with information for nurses answer bossess phones and come up with solutions to problems that arise. I have learned how to arrange anniversaries for my program. The hardest part of my job was to sometimes tell someone I could not help them that day. The most enjoyable part of my job was creating invitations and flyers for anniveraries for the program, retirements and dedications.
Pros
if i had to work late one day and getting out early the next day.
Cons
getting comp time and not paid for the overtime