Wake County Human Services Employee Reviews

Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27690May 9, 2017
good benefits.

poor managerial style (micro-management). supervisors constantly find something to complain about even when the position expectations are met/exceeded based on job description and additional expectations, which change daily. case managers are instructed to neglect client phone calls/emails per verbal instruction from economic service program manager, then employees are scolded. im very disappointed to say the least.
benefits
Cons
instructed to neglect clients in an effort to "meet daily numbers"
HIV/STD health educator
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Sunnybrook Raleigh NCMay 2, 2017
Horrible management. The position is a good one but management makes it unbearable and not worth it. management lies for each other so no formal complaint will ever be looked at. Overall a very demeaning environment.
Cons
management
Supportive environment that assists in achieving goals
Preschool Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 21, 2017
I have worked in 2 different positions in the school health program and have had the support of supervisors and management in my professional day and growth.
Great benedits
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCApril 19, 2017
I have moved on to greater things-especially at an organization where I earn more money. I learned a lot working for Wake County, but my time there is now done.
Overall this has been a wonderful experience
General Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 18, 2017
As an intern for Wake County Human Services I can say that this is a wonderful learning experience and it really prepares you for employment. The experience is wonderful
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No con's
patients
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 23, 2017
I enjoy seeing all the babies that were born and come back for their appointments and watch them grow for the last 9 years.
Answer phones, verify insurance, translate documents, interpret for the Doctors
Pros
n/a
Cons
management is unprofessional
Enjoyed the work very much.
Human Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 22, 2017
A service job that was good because it allowed me to work with the public and help a lot of people ..I loved my job.Saw a lot of clients and was able to help a lot of people.
Pros
Great supervisor.
Cons
No healthcare
Okay but depends on your supervisor
Economics Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 14, 2017
Your supervisor can very much determine if you find pleasure in your job. Some are micro managers, others don't care as long as you are doing your job.
Pros
Flexible Time
Cons
Not enough pay
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 10, 2017
I work as a social worker with the mentally ill homeless population. I really enjoy my job. I have learned a lot about mental health diagnosis and treatment. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others.
Not a bad place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 19, 2017
As an admin support I do not interact with customers. I enjoy my job in the support role and am comfortable with my management. Unfortunately the pay is not up to scale for an EA. The health benefits are ok but as they are everywhere else the price is going up and that is difficult for those with dependents. The other benefits, holidays, etc. are great.

Want to know more about Wake County Human Services?

Ask a question
great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Great agency to work with. Wake County Human services is a outstanding organization to work for especially when you have a desire to help the community.
Pros
great benefits
HS Technician/Child Welfare (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 29, 2016
9 times out of 10 I'm working very productively. The people I work with are very friendly and supportive. The team I work on is a big family with different backgrounds.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 4, 2016
Overall work review is great. Management is very good and overall environment is good. Great place to climb ladder and advance your career. Only reason I left was due to communte.
Advancement and pay increases slow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 30, 2015
Non-stressful environment and steady time sensitive responsibilities. Great cross training. Management could of been more professional. The cross training allowed me to become more efficient and effective in my duties. As a team leader I enjoyed meeting with and helping my co-workers accomplish their goals.
Pros
Respected when needing time off for appointments or un-forseen emergencies.
Cons
Exteamly slow to award much earned raises.
Greet clients
Senior Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 23, 2015
I greet clients, complete an assessment to see how I can best serve them. Provide supportive services, make telephone calls on the client's behalf. Issue benefits timely and document all actions.
Pros
health insurance
learning new skills
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 20, 2015
it is a great place work you learn so much skills. the staff are great and mangers try to help everyone that are starting out there
Productivity was in abundance
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 7, 2015
A typical work day consisted of knowing you would help a very large group of people from the community. I learned so many things from extended customer service skills, dealing and interacting with the public better and most importantly how to be a case manager. Management was amazing and very helpful and knowledgeable. My co - workers had a lot of experience and knew their jobs to the fullest. The hardest part of my job would have to have been the training and also the most enjoyable, that is where I gained most of my knowledge on case management from.
Pros
Interacting with the public
Cons
That I was unsuccessful in passing my exam which led to my dismissal
A Learning Experience
Human Service Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 25, 2015
Assisting families apply for Medicaid Insurance. I learned how to process all applications with a timely manner. Management was satisfactory. Some co-workers were a delight. Enjoyed working as a team member. Enjoy client environment. Hardest part of the job was getting along with some colleagues: and irate customers. The most enjoyable was assisting people get what was needed for their families.
Pros
One hour lunch break
Cons
Good healthcare
Very welcoming Staff
Hs Technician (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 23, 2015
I would Definitely Recommend this loving work place. Everyone makes you feel like your a family and everyone is treated equally
Case Manager
Human Service Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2015
I love working with the public and assisting in any way I can. As a case manager I was very dedicated and available to my clients/customers. The work atomsphere was family oriented and team driven.
Pros
Being able to help someone and knowing their need was met.
Cons
Due to the technology Human Service has taken the Human out of the service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wake County Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Wake County Human Services Reviews by Location