Wake Forest Baptist Health Employee Reviews

Great part-time job while in school
Patient Nutrition Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMarch 22, 2017
I worked in the food and nutrition department. My task was to deliver food trays to the patients allover the hospital. I really enjoyed doing this as I was getting to interact with the patients. I made friends very easily as I got to see the same patients frequently. I worked with a great group of people within the department. The management staff however, didn't try to create a team environment while I was there. They all seemed to hate their jobs as there was most always issues with the department in which they were involved in. The vibe I got was that they could really care less about the employees.
Nice Environment
Corporate Accountant III (Current Employee) –  PPIFebruary 28, 2017
Nice place to work and grow! Nice coworkers! I've learned a lot during my nine years working for this organization! I've learned the importance of teamwork and working hard to meet goals and deadlines.
Review
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 12, 2017
I enjoyed working in this position. I had a great deal of satisfaction in knowing that I was able to help people in need. I would definitely do this job again.
Fast paced, interesting challenging work environment
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Each day has many opportunities for learning and growth at the same time while providing excellent care. The work environment is supportive and fair and the salary is competitive with many opportunities for advancement.
Productive work place
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 6, 2017
A typical work day was very busy. We were constantly assisting with procedures, doing portable x-rays throughout the medical center, etc. This job gave me the confidence I needed as a Radiology technologist. There were a mixture of cultures there. The hardest part of the job would be when you had to work with the surgeons in the OR. It was often difficult to maneuver the x-ray equipment in such tight quarters without disrupting the sterile field. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and my supervisor. We all worked as a team and got a long great.
Great patient experience great nursing teams
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 4, 2017
Winston campus is a great academic medical center.
Community hospital gives exceptional patient centered care. Great benefits. Compassionate teams. Interdisciplinary collaboration.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor work life balance
Patient Service
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  100 Kimel PartkFebruary 2, 2017
Epic experience, medicaid referrals, out of state authorization for medicaid. Its fast pace. You sit all day in your cubical. Communication with patients and other doctor offices. Hardest part of the job is getting the referrals approved before the date of service.
Where politics and favortism meets
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 13, 2017
You would think Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center would be a great place to work since Wake Forest University have such an outstanding reputation but working in the Operating Room as a Sterile Processing Technician was the worst decision of my life. Management is unprofessional and lack ethics. A great M-F job with great benefits but other than that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone
Pros
Schedule, benefits and the satisfaction of having a job
Cons
Sterile Processing Manager is HORRIBLE. Management is unprofessional
Great organization overall
Spanish Interpreter/Lead Translator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 13, 2017
Loved my duties and working in the emergency department.

Learned a lot about medicine, related programs, research and public health.

Management and supervision changes forced me out.

The hardest part was an increasingly difficult work schedule imposed on me.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of helping others in need.
Pros
Good benefits
Every job has ups and downs
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 10, 2017
I love my job and the oppritunity to be able to work with all of my doctors and patients. I did not know what to expect from working in a cancer center but I have gain a great deal of experience here.
Wonderful environment work area
Radiologic Librarian (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 9, 2017
Gathered x rays needed for patients and doctors throughout the hospital.Filed x rays when returned in alphabetical order and patient numbers.Located x rays requested by doctors.
Walk all over the hospital to drop off x rays
Pros
Wonderful health benefits
Cons
Walking all over the hospital
I enjoyed working 3rd shift and working along with my co workers and the managerment team.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was working 3rd shift and working along with a great management and co workers staff.I was trained very well in a great knowledgeable janitorial team.
Pros
3 Shift employees (free parking)
Love helping children in any way I can
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 5, 2017
I loved working there. Learned so much. I was able to help so many kids and their families. Made so many families happy 😊 . Free to express my opinion. open for new ideas.
ok place to work
Patient Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2017
typical work day is busy. ok and fun place to work if you work with great people. the opportunity to grow is ok. benefits are really nice compared to other companies.
Good place to work with advancements
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 31, 2016
I love working in the hospital setting and meeting new people. You have lots of opportunities for advancement as well. Employers and the hiring process will get you oriented and well trained on the job before you become independent.
great place to work, lots of opportunity for advancement.
LPN-orthopedic nurse (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 21, 2016
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Great benefits. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Management is helpful and always available.
Overall good place to work
Nursing Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 20, 2016
Just like in any large organization, management is management. There appeared to be opportunity for growth but if you actually looked around you did not see it. The brand is not what made this place, it was THE PEOPLE.
Pros
great people worked here.
Cons
Not enough Diversity in Leadership
Productive and educational
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 19, 2016
I take patients vital signs and assist them with their daily activities. I walk all of the patients that need to be walked. I enjoy working with the staff there because they are very helpful.
Great department to work for.
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers, and manager. It's not everyday that you come across genuine people that you can work 12 hours beside. My manager is very considerate of the employees needs, and does a great job at communicating effectively with the staff.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
low pay
Good place to work, advancement opportunities could be better.
Staff Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 24, 2016
I enjoy working at WFBH, the level of care is exceptional. Staff is friendly but inexperienced, turn over is very high and once someone is trained they move on. Management at higher levels seem disconnected from the everyday workings of the operating room. Would be beneficial to have incentive to continue education and rise higher in the ranks. I would consider working there again, but the lack of support for my growth in my profession is discouraging.
Pros
Level 1 trauma center, great exposure to new and rare procedures.
Cons
Management is not involved, high turnover rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wake Forest Baptist Health. Our community is ready to answer.

78%