Wake Forest Baptist Health Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCDecember 9, 2017
I overall am pleased with Wake Forest. When Cornerstone transitioned with Wake Forest, they made sure that all employees were being paid what their profession should be.
Sterile Processing Technician
Sterile Processing Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 4, 2017
The typical day at work was good. I learned a lot at the the Institution with experience and is also a Certified Sterile Processor. Have a good Teamwork. The workplace is setup very nicely, The work is always hard because the Operating Room is also busy.. The enjoyable part of the job is working together when the job is busy.
nurse retention is not actively pursued.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 26, 2017
Career mobility from within is somewhat difficult. You are not permitted to transfer positions until you have been in a position for a minimum of 6 months, so if you are unhappy or feel unsafe in a position, you are basically stuck. HR moves extremely slowly in the hiring process from time of application to interview to offer- sometimes taking as long as 6 months.
Pros
competative compensation and benefits package
Cons
work life balance, career mobility
i dont really want to do this
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 22, 2017
why is this required? laa de da, blah blah blah, I did not realize this was part of the review. I am choosing not to fill this out because I don't want to, the end!
Good start fresh out of MA school
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 20, 2017
Management can be better. I worked in a multispecialty clinic and I felt like if you are not one of the managers "favorites" you got left out of everything. MAs where not important it was all about the nurses and felt like we were limited on what we can do like just rooming patients all day when we can do so much more than that. Salary wasn't great compared to other companies in the area. However they did offer good benefits.
Cons
30 minutes lunches, management
Great Leaders
High Level Disinfection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 9, 2017
Good place to work and good benefit. Leaders here try to make sure
everyone doing their job right. They care about their patients and friendly environment.
Pros
Profesional staff
fun workplace
Temporary Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 26, 2017
The innovation Quarter Center has a YMCA in the building which is very convenient for employers. It is very convenient to go to any classes being a non-member.
not dream job
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 25, 2017
Thought it was my dream job - but that turned out not to be true. Also thought that I would be able to retire from there but that didn't happen either.
Great place to learn but watch your back
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 17, 2017
Wonderful learning opportunities if you are willing to jump in. Great doctors and supporting staff. Definitely had a hirearchy where many nurses felt as though they were higher up on the totem pole so to speak and everyone else was below them. Unfortunately observed and personally had several instances where false accusations were leveled by conniving nurses and supervisors.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and grow in your field of specialty
Cons
Big company where the little guy can get screwed over easily
Productive and rewarding environment to work in.
LPN in Pediatric Office setting (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 15, 2017
Productive and rewarding environment to work in. Co-workers are enjoyable and benefits are good. Paid time off is fair, orientation process is thorough.
Wake Forest Baptist
Staff RN II (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 14, 2017
Overall a great place to work in comparison to surrounding hospitals. The insurance is the absolute best. Apparently CHS purchased the cheapest plan for their employees with Med cost.
Hard to grow with this company
Patient Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 12, 2017
The management wasn't fair in departmental decisions, the pay wasn't up to standards with other medical facilities. The layoff destroyed families and they didn't offer to move people to other departments.
productive
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 11, 2017
I was laid off due to lack of grants. I couldn't say anything bad about this establishment I was happy with working in this field. I would still be their if I had not been laid off.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible hours, career oriented, interesting
Cons
Hazards
Good place to work.
Generalist, Core Lab (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 3, 2017
Very large, fast-paced lab. The pay is probably competitive, although the weekend differential is minimal and needs to be raised.

It's a good place to gain a lot of experience.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Old equipment. Lots of turnover.
most part job was enjoyable
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 3, 2017
I could do it again .I just did not like misunderstandings that causes on attention to be directed in a difficult manner.great place to work and alot to learn.
Pros
caring for others
Cons
miss cummication
It's a job.
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 3, 2017
There's no room for advancement. Low pay. Few hours. It's hard to transfer unless you know someone. The medical benefits are great. Subway and Chic-fil-a are here.
Stressful with no real advancement opportunities
Chemotherapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Seniority means nothing. They will promote someone who just started and had no experience before they advance current employees. You have more responsibilities of tech managers and lead techs, but with no compensation or recognition.
Educational
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 17, 2017
Excellent learning institution. I would work here again if I could. It is a fast paced environment. Great employees to work with. I would also highly recommend for health care or employment.
Stressful workplace
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 17, 2017
I wouldn't recommend employment here. The company doesn't care about lower level employees. The workload is heavy and unrealistic for one person. The only enjoyable part of my job is being able to make a patient's day.
Productive fast paced work place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 17, 2017
Working at Wake Forest Baptist Health was a pleasure that I will always take with me. The Hematology and Oncology clinic has taught me so much about patient compassion and care.