Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center

Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great learning experience
LPN (Former Employee), Salem, NCOctober 23, 2014
I worked in a 7 specialty clinic. I was stationed at the nursing station which was the hub for the entire clinic. Anything and everything happened at that nurses station. You had the same job everyday but always different. It was a teaching hospital so i was involved in everything.
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCOctober 1, 2014
This was hardworking job, with good management. I learned how to meet the needs of a variety of people working in this environment.The co-workers were easy to work with as well. I would have to say the most enjoyable part about working in the hospital was the different people I encountered.
LPN (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: orginization
There is a lot of team work. Everyone is willing to help one another. I have had a really good experience in my position
teaching research facility
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: specific area interest up to date and research supported
Cons: specific areas of nursing focus on cutting edge practice
advanced teaching and research facility. research incorporated into patient care to support evidence based practice
Enjoyable years being a part of a successful radiosurgical treatment team.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 29, 2014
Pros: interact with many different patients throughout the year along with their families.
Cons: unpredictable length of treatment days...starts early and can end late.
The most rewarding part of the job is knowing I helped many people with their fight against cancer.
CNA 2
Certified Nursing Assistant II / Sitter Pool (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 28, 2014
Working for this company is great!!! I love my co workers and my patients assist huge in me loving what I do.
Cutting Edge, great challenge for intellect,great co-workers
CT Technologist (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCJuly 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, challenges
Cons: high stress at times, but able to conquer.
The typical day at work would involve scanning from Pediatrics, biopsies,using both GE and Siemen's Scanners 64 slice,adults including a great variety of protocols for scans.Steady moving with great direct patient care. Every day was a learning process with dynamic changes in protocols. Learned to adapt to constant changes with scanning Code strokes, – more... Level I traumas etc. Worked with a very good direct Chief Tech. Hardest part of the job was the physical aspect, but had great support from other staff.
Most enjoyable part of the job is two-fold: working with the public to help clinicians determine treatment, treat and helping the patients at times when they were afraid of the results. the second was CT scanning itself. It is an intellectual challenge everyday. – less
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is a large hospital with over 12,000 employees. ActionHealth is the employee wellness team for all locations.
Intern - ActionHealth (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: excellent non-profit corporations to work for
Cons: internships don't last forever
I am currently interning at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center’s Employee Wellness Program; ActionHealth. I am thoroughly enjoying the projects I am responsible for there and am excited to see them follow through from start to finish.
I have implemented a self-driven weight loss program for the employees to partake in over the summer. I hold personal – more... weigh-ins, personal meetings, email discussions, and I send out weekly behavioral log forms as well as exercise tips, nutrition information, healthy recipes, and motivational facts to educate them on easy ways to fit in physical activity along the way.
I also am working with others in our local Farmer’s Markets held at each Wake Forest Baptist Health location. I assist in creating and coordinating short educational activities for the employees to earn incentives as they shop for nutritional home-grown foods. I am also researching the impact of the Arts on human health and must advertise this around the Medical Center and our website. ActionHealth works with an Arts & Health program and is responsible for overseeing the positive impact that art and music has over patients of the hospital. There are ongoing programs and projects I look forward to execute.
I strongly feel as though I have gained a lot of experience even thus far from my internship.
My whole life I have felt strongly and always worked hard to help others. I love to share my knowledge with people who seek help with their health, wellness, and their nutritional needs. – less
Wonderful work environment
Staff Therapist (Current Employee), Salem, NCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
A typical day consisted of scheduling and treatment of patients. My co workers were the best people anyone could ask for. I can't say that my job was hard. It was challenging, but very fulfilling. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new patients, seeing them improve and going on the phase of their rehabilitation.
Excellent people and overall environment
Data Centers Manager (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 4, 2014
Pros: great health care
Cons: constant turmoil resulting in job insecurity
I functioned as data centers manager, project manager for managed print services, disaster recovery manager, network infrastructure developer/manager for a major research park and all-around "utility infielder". Enjoyed wearing many hats and the fast pace that brought.
Job pays very well
Control desk specialist (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, dental, vision, etc
Cons: short lunch breaks, many changes from management
Job is very demanding and, keep yourself alert understanding why you are working for this company. You become very close to your work family. Meanwhile you never know what to expect from management.
Excellent place to work
Clinical Trial Coverage Analyst (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 10, 2014
Pros: having the tools to do the job
Cons: not having the tools to perform the job requirements
Start at 7:00am Finish at 4:30pm; worked; worked from dual monitors certain applications on one monitor and other applications on the other monitor. I assisted in determining what CPT codes where needed along with ICD-9 codes according to what was in the Informed Consent and Protocols for the life of the study. The hardest part was also the enjoyable – more... part of the job...building the Excel spreadsheet (sometimes a study spreadsheet had upwards to 11 sheets in one workbook). – less
Level I Trauma Healthcare Medical Facility
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCJune 7, 2014
Pros: excellent environment for creative learning opportunities
Cons: -na-
A medical facility which enables its employees to thrive within a progressive environment with state of the art equipment, medical techniques and processes.
Nice place to work
Staff Radiographer II (Former Employee), Winston Salem NCMay 28, 2014
I had planned to retire from there, but my plans were cut short when I was laid off.
Computer Installation and Support
Network Services (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 24, 2014
Coordinated with users to schedule replacement of older windows XP computers.
This included data migration using Windows Easy Transfer tool to copy all user data from the old PC to the new PC.
Imaged new computers with Windows 7 using proprietary boot disk.
Ensured all required software applications were installed as well as all user data and profile.
Verified – more... computer connected to network. – less
Determined, Knowledgeable, Kind, Caring
Board Registered Polysomnographic Technician (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules available
Cons: prn only
The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the patients and putting a smile on their faces.
Transition to Electronic Medical Record System was a chance to gain so much additional knowledge
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 9, 2014
Pros: knowledge gained of medical record dept.
Cons: downsizing of medical record dept.
Very busy environment in the Document Imaging Dept. on a daily basis.
Typical day
Student Employee (Former Employee), Salem, NCApril 4, 2014
Assist other lab members with experiment and chores. Troubleshoot problems as they occur.
Good work place
CAD Database Manager (Current Employee), Wake Forest Baptist Med CenterApril 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Typical day at work is coming in.
Good work place and people.
Good co-workers
The hardest part of my job is getting everything done.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the things I have accomplished at the end of the day.
Great place to learn and work
Intern (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 6, 2014
My co-workers help me whenever I need it. I learn something new everyday.

1 2 3