Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Employee Reviews

Outreach
Outreach Librarian (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 13, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed being an outreach librarian. This allowed me to interact with a diverse group of colleagues within the community college, university, and hospital settings. I allowed me to travel around the northwest part of the state, becoming familiar with the diversity of the populations within these communities so as to better serve their information and research needs.
Very fast paced emergency department.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCNovember 27, 2015
Very fast paced, high aquity patients. Level 1 trauma center. This facility is a very prestigous one that I was honored to be a part of.
Supervisor in my unit wonderful, hospital admin less wonderful
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 22, 2015
Good place to work for new RNS, lots of experience as this is a teaching hospital. Manager in my ICU (there are multiple different ICUs) was great. Hospital admin in general very bottom line focused pressuring unit managers, staff to give give give while not willing to increase benefits or compensation. SSDD for most major medical centers.
Pros
Great place to gain experience/great employee health service
Cons
admin not caring about staff
Ok
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 25, 2015
Insurance is great. Gym memberships are reasonable. Staff members are very nice.I do not know what else to say. Obviously it's not the perfect place or I would not be thinking of leaving.
Too much Pressure and Scary responsibilities
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 19, 2015
While I worked there, I got so much stress that when Sunday came up I was already stressed out thinking that I have to Work Monday.

Then, you have some manager that train other employees to be tale-teller; which cause problem among the employees. If you make a mistake be ready, because you will be crucified. It is very difficult to have a week day off, and the calling in system is personal phone calls to your manager or supervisor. Phone Conversation are listened to and emails are revised and they won't tell you until you say something stupid that they will call you into the office, perhaps it may be your last day.
Pros
Good Benefit Competitive Salary
Cons
No Privacy on their phone line/Email, Is very hard to use the benefit
Volunteers & employees are together - We work as team !
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Information CounterOctober 4, 2015
The opportunities we are given at the hospital to assist someone in need is a privilege. No matter the circumstance, most every person's disposition is elevated as they arrive, leaving or both.
Pros
Working here is fun. We do receive a lunch ticket + parking too.
Cons
Wish I could do more.
Love Baptist Hospital!
Trauma Registrar/Level 1 Trauma/Burn Center (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 1, 2015
Can't say enough great things. Love this Hospital. Room for growth.
If not for my husband relocating with his job, I would never leave.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Pay scale is not the same as Novant in Winston-Salem.
Volunteer Hours
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winston salem NCSeptember 28, 2015
I volunteered for various departments in the health care system, working with patients in all stages of life, and sickness.
Fun Work Place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 7, 2015
Meet patients and their families and helping them have a remarkable experience. I learn something new everyday. The hardest part of my job is watch families as they struggle to deal with sick family members.
Great place for medical professionals
Intern (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 5, 2015
On a typical day I would assist the physician recruitment department with their tasks. I would also advertise, set up events, screen physicians and work at the front desk. I had my own office and had a great set of people around me to assist me.
Pros
Great cafeteria, Professional, updated equipment, own office
Cons
none, its just a wonderful place to work
would not recomend WFBH to colleague
Epic Inpatient Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 15, 2015
Training and Learning Department.
Team members working in silos
Not a productive workplace. Disorganized and hostile at times.
Cons
No orientation, no clear training pathway, no team support for new employee
Empowering Enviroment
Health Unit Coordinator Internship (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 27, 2015
I completed my clinical hours as a Health Unit Coordinator at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in the Pediactric ICU unit. The nursing staff as well as the doctors that I supported all provided great feedback of my performance and were all very impressed with how quickly i caught on. By my second week there, they were leaving me to handle all of the desk responsibilties on my own because they had such great confidence in my abilities.
Challenging Job
Senior Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem NCMay 18, 2015
The position is a very challenging position that demands a lot of focus. It is a multifaceted department with a lot of opportunity for skill development. It is a demanding and often rewarding job that is rarely boring.
Not ideal to work here - short staffed, very stressful workplace
NA (Former Employee) –  north carolinaMay 18, 2015
I worked here as a NA in ICU. They laid off a lot of employees so we became short staffed. I signed up for 6 patients then became 12 patients per shift. Sometimes if my co-worker would call-in they won't even call for float pool. Which means I have 24 patients per shift. Tako note you don't get paid very well. The only great offer they have is health insurance which you would still have to pay some. You would need the health insurance due to a lot of stress!!! They drive NA's like personal slaves
Pros
health insurance and retirement benefits
Cons
Always short staffed and some nurses are ***holes
ok place to work, if you are planning to advance youself by going back to school
CNAll (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 21, 2015
Enjoyed working with the RNs', feeling that I was really being a productive part of the team. During UBSG meetings being able to give opinions, and feedback on ways to improve productivity in patient care. I worked with some of the most caring nurses, doctors ,and coworkers that I have ever met. The hardest part of the job was not being able to do more for the patients, because of low staff census. but hearing a patient say "thank you" makes the day great, knowing that I have done the best that I can do.
Stressfree environment
Certified Nusing Assistant, II (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCApril 16, 2015
Easy going, stress free environment is important to learning. Team work is what it takes to succeed. Sometimes, times get hectic and some extra help is needed to keep patient safe, this is when team work is valuable. The job gets a hectic with staff do not show up to work and there is no one to replace them. Patient satisfaction is the most rewarding part of the job. When a patient gets to go home in better health than before entering the hospital.
Pros
Room for progressing, Wake Forest has a variety of offices and places to work.
Cons
I can not think of a con at this time.
Micromanaged
Temporary Medicare Audits/Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCApril 15, 2015
Constant looking over shoulder and they like to keep you "temporary" so they don't have to provide benefits. The other co workers were really nice.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
no benefits, micromanaged
Great teaching hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 8, 2015
Great exposure to new machines, fellow therapist help each other out without problem and are willing to stay after if needed. Great ICU, CCU, and general floor care experience.
Pros
Great teaching hospital
Cons
Not much time for lunch breaks
Wonderful place to work and to be treated as a patient!
Patient Food Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 6, 2015
A typical day involved receiving meal orders requested by patients on the hospital floors to be delivered. Once received, the trays were prepared and double checked to ensure that all items requested were placed. The meal trays were placed in a steel food delivery cart and a timer was set to alert when it was time to make a delivery. This was my first job ever after graduating high school, so everything was new to me. I learned how to interact with people better, the safety and sanitation rules regarding food, and the different dietary restrictions there are. Management made me feel very comfortable. They were very approachable and didn't make me feel nervous to ask any questions. My co-workers were around my age and we got along great during and outside of work. If I needed someone to work a day or trade a work day for me, they were cooperative. The hardest part was getting to know patients and learn about their life and then watching them pass away. I worked on the Oncology (cancer) unit. I had just recently lost my grandmother to breast cancer. The most enjoyable was sharing my life and hearing the stories of the patients I met.
Pros
Overtime, patient interaction, welcoming environment.
Cons
Part-time, couldn't afford health benefits, low pay.
A great place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 14, 2015
A absolutely fantastic place to work. lots of different jobs and positions for all kinds of people. the atmosphere is also very friendly.