Wake Forest University Employee Reviews

Fun and Up Lifting Enviornment
Danny Manning Basketball Camp Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Strong community and organization helping people get ahead and develop things they would like to continue to do in life. Granting the opportunity to advance and move along within the organization.
Personal Summary
Student Official (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 14, 2017
Mainly a Wake Forest student work study that most students take to earn extra money. It's not much but it is something to help students with other expenses.
IT Manager / Project Manager
Project Manager / Technical Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 8, 2017
Wake Forest University is a private, independent, nonprofit, nonsectarian, coeducational research university in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, founded in 1834.
I love the job and the poeple it was a very warm enviroment
Custodian services (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 5, 2016
If some one wanted to work at wake forest university I would tell them to be confident you got this just do your work diligently and ask question if confused
Pros
I meet a of new and exciting people and learned a bout thier culture
Cons
The change of shift didnt fit my schudule at the time.
Great Place to work
Supervisor, Intramural Sports (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 12, 2016
Overall a great employer. They really care about you as a student first before stressing work too much. The work load is manageable and the hours are really flexible.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
On your feet
work was tedious non rewarding
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 30, 2016
Management not supportive . Work conditions were good. Co workers were uncooperative. Making sure employees were keeping areas clean.
Campus life
Computer Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 15, 2016
Wonderful place to work each day, with great people willing to do anything too help the students and staff and faculty whenever called on for help with web sites to refreshing servers placing remedy tickets making sure that each issue is addressed. Working with team members and co-workers in other departments to escalate problems too the appropriate department within the stated SLA.
The hardest part of my job was anytime I could not help or meet a deadline for my customers.
There is nothing better then helping someone complete a task that they may have felt was un-doable
Pros
Lots of PTO
Cons
not worth listing
Great Experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 7, 2016
Proposing and coordinating research projects, creating study materials, submitting IRB proposals, running experimental sessions, and analyzing data.

Screening and scheduling participants, data cleaning and analysis, and training and overseeing undergraduate research assistants
Excellent learning experience
Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 12, 2016
As an intern at the Deacon Club, I've learned more than I could've imagined and am extremely thankful for the opportunity. An excellent culture pervades the department and team work and idea sharing are encouraged and common place.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 11, 2016
it is a great place to work but nothing i would make a career out of the hours are not that good. i was in school at the time so it was really a great place for a high school student to work
Great place to work as a student
Physics Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 12, 2016
I really enjoy working for my school as an undergraduate student. I am teaching a relatively challenging physics lab for science majors. The pay is great, the hours are very flexible, and extra effort you put into the class (e.g. lesson planning, thoughtful grading, etc.) is recognized and appreciated. All of the faculty and staff are very friendly and helpful. The students are all a joy to teach and it is never difficult to get them to try their best.
Pros
Great pay, flexible hours, friendly and helpful faculty, great teaching experience, delightful students
Cons
None!
Productive and rewarding, yet relaxed
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMarch 9, 2016
Being a Teacher's Assistant was immensely fulfilling on both a personal and professional level. The days were malleable but nevertheless had a loose structure. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I would help students with any problems they were having (both academically and personally) and help grade assignments, quizzes, and tests. Occasionally, I would also lecture the class. I would consider this the most rewarding part of the job. Tuesdays and Thursdays were reserved for editing the new Constitutional Law book my professor was co-authoring. This involved digging through hundreds of cases, deciding which ones were most important, and then editing those cases down. Editing cases required me to excise any extraneous information while still retaining key facts and the core argument. Although difficult and sometimes tedious, this also was incredibly rewarding; strengthening not only my analytical abilities and research capabilities, but also my patience. I had no other co-workers, but my professor was generous, understanding, and affable. Both as a teacher and a researcher.
Pros
Casual workplace, opportunity to help others
Cons
Long hours sifting through dry legal cases
Teaching as a grad student
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 29, 2016
Being a graduate student within the math department itself was difficult. But they understand that we have work to do and always made it flexible and easy for us.
Extensive Clinical Experience
Lab Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 3, 2016
The graduate degree in Health and Exercise Science at Wake Forest University gives students extensive experience in a variety of areas such as training, cardiac rehabilitation, teaching, time management, writing, and communication. My peers and faculty members are great to work with and encourage collaboration.
Good for a part-time job
Indoor Soccer Official (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 22, 2016
I worked at quite late nights and sometimes the game was outside so it could be quite cold. But it was a good experience and I truly admired those players on the field.
Pros
convenience
Cons
few pay
Fast-paced, productive place to work with conscientious, hard-working people.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, ALUMNI PROGRAMS (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 14, 2015
Collaborative, team environment sharing ideas and support for multiple projects for alumni and alumni families. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a project has been successfully executed. The hardest part of the job is getting the resources needed to fund our alumni projects. My co-workers are experienced and well educated. They are also light-hearted and fun.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Difficult to advance
Set up meetings with various clients at a number one rating at Gralyn.
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at Gralyn. The administrative staff worked well together in communication and establishing a reportoire for high prestige clients. The atmosphere of the job was on a professional manner.
Pros
The pros was meeting and greeting clients and establishing them fine dinn
Cons
streneous
A grat place to intern
Equipment Services and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 22, 2015
Provided inventory control and distribution management for event equipment, supplies, and apparel. Assisted in the creation of signage, circulars, mock ups, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion, etc. Responsible for the hiring, training, and scheduling of equipment room work study employees. Assisted with game day duties for football games and Olympic sports game day events.
great workplace
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 4, 2015
I learned how to be cordial with all employees and students working here. My coworkers are great at teamwork when it comes to getting the job done in a presentable time. The hardest part about the job is saying good bye to the students when they leave to go home for summer break. The most enjoyable moment here at wake forest was when I graduated on the campus and my managers showed me support.
Pros
great benefits and decent pay
Cons
no advancements.
Nice academic work environment
Instructional Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCApril 30, 2015
Wake Forest University is excellent place for a young career.
You will be surrounded with young and bright individuals.
There are plenty of opportunities to learn by taking classes at University, most of the time for free.
People are courteous and polite there.
The food service is excellent and cheap for faculty and staff, all you can eat for $7 for lunch.
Parking is OK, and you will have to pay, but it is not expensive at all.
The medical coverage while not the best but adequate.
Pros
good people around, good benefits
Cons
micromanagement by administration

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wake Forest University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2