Wake Forest University Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent learning experience
Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 12, 2016
As an intern at the Deacon Club, I've learned more than I could've imagined and am extremely thankful for the opportunity. An excellent culture pervades the department and team work and idea sharing are encouraged and common place.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 11, 2016
it is a great place to work but nothing i would make a career out of the hours are not that good. i was in school at the time so it was really a great place for a high school student to work
Great place to work as a student
Physics Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 12, 2016
I really enjoy working for my school as an undergraduate student. I am teaching a relatively challenging physics lab for science majors. The pay is great, the hours are very flexible, and extra effort you put into the class (e.g. lesson planning, thoughtful grading, etc.) is recognized and appreciated. All of the faculty and staff are very friendly and helpful. The students are all a joy to teach and it is never difficult to get them to try their best.
Pros
Great pay, flexible hours, friendly and helpful faculty, great teaching experience, delightful students
Cons
None!
Productive and rewarding, yet relaxed
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMarch 9, 2016
Being a Teacher's Assistant was immensely fulfilling on both a personal and professional level. The days were malleable but nevertheless had a loose structure. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I would help students with any problems they were having (both academically and personally) and help grade assignments, quizzes, and tests. Occasionally, I would also lecture the class. I would consider this the most rewarding part of the job. Tuesdays and Thursdays were reserved for editing the new Constitutional Law book my professor was co-authoring. This involved digging through hundreds of cases, deciding which ones were most important, and then editing those cases down. Editing cases required me to excise any extraneous information while still retaining key facts and the core argument. Although difficult and sometimes tedious, this also was incredibly rewarding; strengthening not only my analytical abilities and research capabilities, but also my patience. I had no other co-workers, but my professor was generous, understanding, and affable. Both as a teacher and a researcher.
Pros
Casual workplace, opportunity to help others
Cons
Long hours sifting through dry legal cases
Teaching as a grad student
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 29, 2016
Being a graduate student within the math department itself was difficult. But they understand that we have work to do and always made it flexible and easy for us.
Extensive Clinical Experience
Lab Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 3, 2016
The graduate degree in Health and Exercise Science at Wake Forest University gives students extensive experience in a variety of areas such as training, cardiac rehabilitation, teaching, time management, writing, and communication. My peers and faculty members are great to work with and encourage collaboration.
Good for a part-time job
Indoor Soccer Official (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 22, 2016
I worked at quite late nights and sometimes the game was outside so it could be quite cold. But it was a good experience and I truly admired those players on the field.
Pros
convenience
Cons
few pay
Fast-paced, productive place to work with conscientious, hard-working people.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, ALUMNI PROGRAMS (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 14, 2015
Collaborative, team environment sharing ideas and support for multiple projects for alumni and alumni families. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a project has been successfully executed. The hardest part of the job is getting the resources needed to fund our alumni projects. My co-workers are experienced and well educated. They are also light-hearted and fun.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Difficult to advance
Set up meetings with various clients at a number one rating at Gralyn.
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at Gralyn. The administrative staff worked well together in communication and establishing a reportoire for high prestige clients. The atmosphere of the job was on a professional manner.
Pros
The pros was meeting and greeting clients and establishing them fine dinn
Cons
streneous
A grat place to intern
Equipment Services and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 22, 2015
Provided inventory control and distribution management for event equipment, supplies, and apparel. Assisted in the creation of signage, circulars, mock ups, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion, etc. Responsible for the hiring, training, and scheduling of equipment room work study employees. Assisted with game day duties for football games and Olympic sports game day events.
great workplace
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 4, 2015
I learned how to be cordial with all employees and students working here. My coworkers are great at teamwork when it comes to getting the job done in a presentable time. The hardest part about the job is saying good bye to the students when they leave to go home for summer break. The most enjoyable moment here at wake forest was when I graduated on the campus and my managers showed me support.
Pros
great benefits and decent pay
Cons
no advancements.
Nice academic work environment
Instructional Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCApril 30, 2015
Wake Forest University is excellent place for a young career.
You will be surrounded with young and bright individuals.
There are plenty of opportunities to learn by taking classes at University, most of the time for free.
People are courteous and polite there.
The food service is excellent and cheap for faculty and staff, all you can eat for $7 for lunch.
Parking is OK, and you will have to pay, but it is not expensive at all.
The medical coverage while not the best but adequate.
Pros
good people around, good benefits
Cons
micromanagement by administration
truly enjoy the collegiate environment
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem NCApril 9, 2015
Would love to have a full time position here. I have gained so many valuable skills over the years that will help me to be an asset to any office.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
less pay than I'm used to and I'm only "temporary" looking to get on full time
I loved working at WFU. I grew a great deal as an accountant.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 27, 2015
I worked with a team of 6 and had a wonderful manager. I enjoyed reviewing expense vouchers and keying them into our system. I learned a lot about 1099 guidelines and what was needed to ensure we were in compliance.
Pros
Employee Activities
Wake Forest University
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 25, 2015
This job was very tedious, but very flexible. My boss was very understanding with me going to school during the summer. With some music and headphones, this job is bareable
Be a part of the mission of Pro Humanitate
Recruiter/Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 23, 2015
I love being a part of something bigger than myself or my job. We're there to support the students and its very satisfying.
Pros
tuition concession, generous pto
very productive work area
Event Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 17, 2015
everyone was cool to get along with very social good way to start a career a days work was normal seem easy there really wasnt anything hard to do
Good University
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 17, 2014
Good place to be a graduate student if you have your own ideas.
PM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston SalemDecember 10, 2014
Great environment and atmosphere. Student body is both receptive and work oriented. Faculty is inspiring and balances research and teaching responsibilities. Many projects ongoing but resources are abundant for discussion and development.
Great Place to work and advance
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 13, 2014
This is a good company to work for. If you work hard and do what you're suppose to, you could progress in the company. Progressing may take a while but it will happen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wake Forest University. Our community is ready to answer.