Wake Technical Community College

Wake Technical Community College Employer Reviews

part time instructor
Instructor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 16, 2014
Enjoyed working in the program. Great students and staff. taught part time several times a year.
It was great having impact on many students in choosing their life time vocation.
Accounting Professor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2014
This is one of the best technical colleges in the United States, always visited by very high guests because of its educational contribution to the country.
Wake Tech is a fun and productive environment good place to work
Office Assistant/Nurse Aide Department (Current Employee), Raleigh, NC 27610September 3, 2014
I make the best of every place I work. The most enjoyable time is when I hear the words thank you, you've been so helpful.
Community College System is a great career
Accounting Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2014
I really enjoy working in a setting where people care and actively participate in the overall objectives of the college.
Student Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 10, 2014
Many creative people that work here. Allowed me to grow as a professional and blossom.
Real estate
Disability Student Services (Former Employee), Raleigh, ncMay 28, 2014
Sold houses. Typical was at the office following up on leads. I learned how to be a salesman.
Management was unfair to employees
Coordinator (Former Employee), Main CampusApril 19, 2014
Pros: working with students in a learning environment was great
Cons: working for dramatic staff members, management turned the other cheek, unprofessional behavior at the senior level, hostile environment.
The work itself was very rewarding because you worked directly with students and faculty. The downside was that the staff and management of this particular group was unfair and unprofessional in making sure that all employees were comfortable in learning and doing their job with the knowledge and tools needed to perform everyday task.
There was an obvious – more... separatism between certain management and staff that caused the work environment to be hostile and inappropriate in one department. This department has had a large turnover rate due to the situation and may or may not have been resolved by upper management. – less
very business wise oriented.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 14, 2014
I worked in the registrars office on the main campus of the college and really enjoyed working with all the professionals there. I mainly worked in the file room, so i was working with all confidential records. I really loved it because i am a very organized person and i loved organizing the files everyday.
Exciting Workplace
WRITING CENTER COORDINATOR/INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 21, 2013
Working with college students is extremely rewarding work. Sometimes the pace in the Writing Center can be exhausting.

Budget cuts have meant less staff and more work for each instructor. Supervisors who continue to push educators past their limits are creating a culture which is ultimately less productive.
Great place to work and learn all into one!
Web Technologies Instructor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 17, 2013
I enjoy teaching the students and the challenge they create for me. I love expanding knowledge!
Continuing Education Instructor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 16, 2013
This is a nice place to work. The coordinator and director are always available to answer your questions and open to suggestions.The bad side is that working hours depend on student enrollment, so your paycheck depend on that too.
Productive and friendly work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: great job security
Cons: health care expense not comprable to salary
Most of my work experience has consist of working in an educational environment. I enjoyed working with students and seeing their success. I have always enjoyed speaking hearing their many stories and assisting them in their journey.
Wonderful opportunity to give back
Volunteer Tutor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2013
Pros: meet so many different people
The Wake Tec. Community College WAVES program(wake adult volunteering educational services) is a great way to meet people and give back to the community. To teach someone the english language is very rewarding and satisfying.
Great School
Student (Former Employee), Public SafetyJune 5, 2013
I have no complaints, Instructors are extremely helpful and will go above and beyond as long as they see you're trying your best.
Precision and Excellence
Executive Administrative Assistant to CFO (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 22, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: my job was moved to north raleigh campus
I had the immense pleasure of working as the Executive Assistant to the CFO! He taught me to love accounting and the precision that surrounds it. I worked also in the purchasing office where high stake projects such as decentralizing the budget, opening the 121 acre “Northern Wake Campus,” North Carolina’s BioNetwork Mobile Laboratory, and the college’s – more... first hybrid fleet acquisition took place. My co-workers were fantastic and the work was so varied and challenging that I was very happy with my position. – less
Wonderful coworkers and an important asset to the community
Instructor of Somatic Psychology (Former Employee), Raleigh, NC USAApril 8, 2013
Pros: coworkers, department head, and the autonomy to provide a learning experience tailored to the needs of that specific class
Cons: pay scale needed updating
I was involved in the integration component of the massage therapy program at the college. With my support and challenge, students took theoretical knowledge applied it to themselves and then to their clients. It was one of their last classes before graduation into the field. The class was one of their final attempts to use their knowledge with clients – more... and promote their abilities to other medical practitioners. They presented a final project to their classmates and the head of the program.
I immensely enjoyed working with the students and my coworkers. The department head was supportive, skilled, and thoughtful. I had freedom to pick the textbook and design the course to promote integration of the prior classes. Each class provided a different challenge. Therefore, classes had to be tailored to suit the needs of the classes while maintaining a core curriculum - as in all classes. – less
Great Community College in the Raleigh-Durham Area
Instructor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 15, 2013
Wake Technical Community College Leads the Way
Great work/life balance
Friendly people
Educated staff
I enjoy teaching to students
Notary Instructor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: teaching people new laws
Cons: not enough work - this is contractg basis
I enjoy teaching to students who wish to learn about notary instruction and the rules and regulations.
Awesome Workplace
Patient Care Coordinator/ Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 23, 2012
A typical day in the life of WTCC is face paced, yet laid back environment. Each day as I interact with students, faculty, and patients I learn that working with the public is my passion. I enjoy bringing a smile to their faces. I generally am the "go to man," on my job. I do the purchasing of supplies, back up IT, also assist in clinicals to assist – more... students with technical issues with equipment right to speaking one on one with patients. I really enjoy this field. – less
Excellent opportunity
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 20, 2012
Wake Tech allowed me to teach not only compostion classes, but also to teach literature and business writing. In all of the classes we benefitted from a creative environment with excellent leadership and supervision.