Wake Technical Community College

Wake Technical Community College United States Employee Reviews

Great experience
Culinary Arts Instructor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 4, 2015
I had a great experience working for Wake Technical Community College. I found it to be very rewarding instructing and preparing aspiring chefs for career opportunities in the culinary arts industry.
Daily
HR/HRIS Analyst (Former Employee), 9101 Fayetteville RoadMarch 10, 2015
Daily work load is a typical day at work. I love my job, and being that I'm able to work in a positive environment. Being this is my first opportunity to work in a college professional area has strength my knowledge looking forward to going back to finish my degree
The Learning Center and library was a great place to work.
Health Science Librarian (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: it help with furthering my education
Cons: the pay was not that great.
Wake Technical Community College prepare me for greater things in higher education. I enjoyed the atmosphere there. It provided me with the experience of working with a diverse population. It expose me to different cultures and custom.
Fun enviromnet to learn in
student (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Teachers where very patient.
wonderful enviroment.
People at Wake Tech are like family.
Easy to get along with.
great benefits.
Professional and an enjoyable place to work
Information Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 29, 2014
Pros: work with different instructors
On a typical day I would help students with the application process and help students register for classes. I learn that we have illegal immigrants here who can only stay here to work or go to school. The management was very professional and helpful with any project if I became stuck and always offered me multiple project to work on and learn new procedures. My co-workers are very helpful and kind people to work along side of. the hardest part of the job was NOTHING. I got to offer customer service and deal with the public, work on interesting projects, and reorganize the course catalog. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the students with enrolling and registering for classes.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Volunteer, Hope Reins of Raleigh (Current Employee), StudentOctober 22, 2014
Great Training Program for Certified Nursing Assistant. I attended classes three days a week. I learned a lot in the classroom and then learned so much more in the lab.
part time instructor
Instructor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 16, 2014
Enjoyed working in the program. Great students and staff. taught part time several times a year.
It was great having impact on many students in choosing their life time vocation.
Accounting Professor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2014
This is one of the best technical colleges in the United States, always visited by very high guests because of its educational contribution to the country.
Wake Tech is a fun and productive environment good place to work
Office Assistant/Nurse Aide Department (Current Employee), Raleigh, NC 27610September 3, 2014
I make the best of every place I work. The most enjoyable time is when I hear the words thank you, you've been so helpful.
Community College System is a great career
Accounting Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2014
I really enjoy working in a setting where people care and actively participate in the overall objectives of the college.
Student Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 10, 2014
Many creative people that work here. Allowed me to grow as a professional and blossom.
Real estate
Disability Student Services (Former Employee), Raleigh, ncMay 28, 2014
Sold houses. Typical was at the office following up on leads. I learned how to be a salesman.
Management was unfair to employees
Coordinator (Former Employee), Main CampusApril 19, 2014
Pros: working with students in a learning environment was great
Cons: working for dramatic staff members, management turned the other cheek, unprofessional behavior at the senior level, hostile environment.
The work itself was very rewarding because you worked directly with students and faculty. The downside was that the staff and management of this particular group was unfair and unprofessional in making sure that all employees were comfortable in learning and doing their job with the knowledge and tools needed to perform everyday task.
There was an obvious separatism between certain management and staff that caused the work environment to be hostile and inappropriate in one department. This department has had a large turnover rate due to the situation and may or may not have been resolved by upper management.
very business wise oriented.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 14, 2014
I worked in the registrars office on the main campus of the college and really enjoyed working with all the professionals there. I mainly worked in the file room, so i was working with all confidential records. I really loved it because i am a very organized person and i loved organizing the files everyday.
Exciting Workplace
WRITING CENTER COORDINATOR/INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 21, 2013
Working with college students is extremely rewarding work. Sometimes the pace in the Writing Center can be exhausting.

Budget cuts have meant less staff and more work for each instructor. Supervisors who continue to push educators past their limits are creating a culture which is ultimately less productive.
Great place to work and learn all into one!
Web Technologies Instructor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 17, 2013
I enjoy teaching the students and the challenge they create for me. I love expanding knowledge!
Continuing Education Instructor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 16, 2013
This is a nice place to work. The coordinator and director are always available to answer your questions and open to suggestions.The bad side is that working hours depend on student enrollment, so your paycheck depend on that too.
Productive and friendly work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: great job security
Cons: health care expense not comprable to salary
Most of my work experience has consist of working in an educational environment. I enjoyed working with students and seeing their success. I have always enjoyed speaking hearing their many stories and assisting them in their journey.
Wonderful opportunity to give back
Volunteer Tutor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2013
Pros: meet so many different people
The Wake Tec. Community College WAVES program(wake adult volunteering educational services) is a great way to meet people and give back to the community. To teach someone the english language is very rewarding and satisfying.
Great School
Student (Former Employee), Public SafetyJune 5, 2013
I have no complaints, Instructors are extremely helpful and will go above and beyond as long as they see you're trying your best.