Wakefern Food Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,588 reviews matching the search
Not enough employee support
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYJune 26, 2017
I was responsible for many tasks that at a minimum required two associates. Never able to take any days off and often had to work most of my day before I could a 15 minute break.
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Poor employese support
pay was not great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Netcong, NJJune 26, 2017
The pay was minimum wage which is expected, I also never got many hours because instead of giving hours to the current employees the company will just hire new ones.
Pros
developed customer service skills
Cons
short breaks, always being watched
I loved; others hated
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stirling, NJJune 25, 2017
Honestly, enjoyed being a cashier, but I enjoy talking and interacting with people. Everyone else I knew hated working here. Also, there is no employee discount, which is actually pretty ridiculous
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJune 24, 2017
Greeting guess,Taking and preparing food and drink orders,Maintaining a clean work environment,Maintaining a presentable store environmCleaning and sanitizing all work surfacesent,
It was a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 24, 2017
it was good working there, they are very good people. I enjoy working there my co-works where friendly and the manager will work with you about your schedule.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Friendly co-workers and clean space
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJune 23, 2017
Fast pace working, helping co-workers and customers. working over time if necessary. I like working there because it was close to my home. I get weekends off.
Cashier/Bagger (Current Employee) –  Passaic, NJJune 21, 2017
Shoprite was one of my best jobs , due to poor management of managers the store gets a 6/10 , is a very fun place to work at , but mangers are extremely rude
Productive, fast paced workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 21, 2017
A typical day at work included taking orders from customers and cutting the meats/cheeses asked for. While cleaning the equipment throughout the day. I learned how to work a meat slicer, and measure the food. The management was helpful and there when needed. They were understanding while also maintaining to get their job done. The hardest part of the job was learning how to get the right measurements from the meats and cheeses before weighing it. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn new skills and making people happy while doing it. Being part of a team that worked together and looked out for one another.
Pros
Getting 15 minute breaks while getting paid
Cons
No discounts. No healthcare.
Working Here Would Be A Poor Decision
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJune 20, 2017
Typical Day: Work until you drop. Hate yourself, the customers, fellow workers, and the world.
What I Learned: Unions are useless. If half your department quits during a management change, you should probably leave with them.
Management: Need more CSMs for coupon overrides. Need none of the rest.
Culture: Let me put it this way, one of my more congenial coworkers openly fantasized about killing the rest of us with scissors. I repeat, that was one of the nicer folks.
Hardest Part: Working here will make suicide seem like a great idea.
Best Part: Quitting.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too numerous to list.
good paying and nice employees
Cashier and Shop From Home Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milford, CT 06461June 20, 2017
i learned how to cashier and how to bag groceries, i worked in shop from home and it was frustrating at times but it was easy once you get used to doing it.
Not somewhere I want to see myself
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, NYJune 19, 2017
Management is unhelpful and not understanding. A major lack of communication and "higher-ups" don't listen to employee suggestions. Overall, this is not the place you want to be
High pace work environment
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJJune 19, 2017
I was responsible for maintaining the consistent flow of 20 registers at the front of end of the store. This supervisory position required me to adapt and work efficiently and effectively.
Pros
Exciting work environment
n/a
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJJune 18, 2017
You can definitely get your feet wet with ticketing systems and incident management. Like everything else you will get what you put in. It is a great first step to getting an IT job.
Okay place to work
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 18, 2017
The hours are different every week since it is a grocery store. I got along with my coworkers. You also have to work weekends. My boss could have been around more to help but when I needed help she would help if I asked and she was around.
Pros
I liked working with customers and working on the cash register
Cons
You have to work almost every weekend, people with higher seniority get to have weekends off over you.
It was ok
Associate, Head of Frozen Department (Former Employee) –  Clinton, CTJune 17, 2017
I never had any issues working here, but would not say it was amazing. Not a horrible place to work but not a place I would want to spend a great deal of time at.
Good Work Experience
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed my overall work experience. I had the chance of learning to things and work my way up through the company. I like the work environment and the other employees I worked with.
productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Drexel Hill, PAJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed working here because of the fun environment and helping customers. I learned a lot from working with others from different nationalities and backgrounds.
Pros
events
Cons
short breaks
Productive and caring work place
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  VinelandJune 16, 2017
This place is the best they work with u as long as u are responsible. Just do what u are suppose to and u will have no hassle from big bosses ✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔
Pros
Employee discounts
busy, fun, laid back
Cashier, Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJJune 14, 2017
Stocked shelves
Rang up customer orders
Helped customers find products they were looking for
Answered incoming phone calls
Changed decor depending on season
Inventory
Enjoyable
Cart attendant / Bag boy (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJune 13, 2017
This job was enjoyable alot of back breaking work. The people very intelligent and hard workin I enjoyed every min of working here.The store there is nice and put together store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wakefern Food Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.