Wakefern Food Corporation

Wakefern Food Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Dairy Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), Edison, New JerseyApril 3, 2015
Bring in product for close to 400 stores by analyzing data, trends and forecasts that I create. Manage inventory in my warehouse and practice FIFO procedures. The hardest part is dealing with highly perishable product. Since sales do not always go as planned, we sometimes have too much product, which needs to be sold off.
great company with great benefits
Shopper Marketer (Current Employee), Edison, NJMarch 9, 2015
Great company to work for with great benefits. Innovative. on the forefront to creating programs and connecting with consumers.
Good stepping stone
Lead Procurement Analyst / Buyer (Former Employee), Keasbey, NJFebruary 25, 2015
This is a great place to start out as a first job out of college. You can gain allot of experience to move forward with your career, but considering this is a small non-profit organization the pay and ability to move up is limited
Fun and Productive Work Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Fast paced, very customer oriented, stable company. Great place to work if you love food! Company is focused on growing it's associates.
Shoprite
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: no advancement because of limit positions
This grocery chain is the largest cooperative own in the northeast. The company pays very well and the work life balance is very good. They invest into Associates by paying for education and outside training courses.
Good place to work with a Great Culture
Accountant (Current Employee), Edison, NJOctober 18, 2014
Wakefern Food Corporation is known for its great company culture and good benefits, I very much enjoy working for this company.

My job in particular is a very important function of the department. I am responsible for tracking all the money of the stores. This is extremely important because we need enough funding in our accounts for large withdrawals. I also have to prepare 9 weekly schedules that provide me with a detailed snapshot of my ledger accounts, and any large variances to be researched. This involves constant communication with banks and store bookkeeper. It also involves a lot of interdepartmental communication since my accounts are affected by other departments. ll in all, I have worked for this company for over 3 years, and it has been a very rewarding experience for me.
fun place to work.
retired (Former Employee), Edison, NJJuly 3, 2014
Pros: they gave us sick days and days off for attendance and not being late to work
Cons: breaks and health benifets
productive and it was a fun place to work. it also was a fair place to employees.
Continuous work
Warehouse Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Warwick,NYJune 27, 2014
a typical day at work - Stocking shelves

what you learned - Do everything myself

management - Horrible

your co-workers - Horrible

the hardest part of the job - There were no difficult objectives or parts about the job.

the most enjoyable part of the job - Nothing, it was to help pay for bills and my car.
For Store Management great everyone else sucks
Assistant Store Manager / IT Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: no life
your will work 10 hours a day sometimes with no break and weekends off thats a dream.
you learn a lot they put you up for training you go to a city where you no one, you just be ready to work hard.
management does care about anything but they next raise or promotion they use you and don't care if you quit. Co workers like stabbing other employees in the back and not working to get along
Ok place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2014
Pros: great money, paid weekly nice people to work around
Cons: no plans in place if someone called out. no plans in place for hours.
during training it was great your learned a lot you understood a lot. training was good the DM was a great Guy, onc you got of training thry throw you into a store and really don't support you after that.
Stable Company in Food Industry
POINT OF SALE SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Edison, NJJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: competitive landscape
Flexible office environment
Retail Owned Cooperative Business Model
Hands on Management
Job Security with Co-workers with company for entire career
Self Taught job functions
Family atmosphere
Great Company
Transportation Safety & Compliance Supervisor (Former Employee), Middletown, NYDecember 18, 2013
Pros: room to grow
Wakefern is an outstanding company with room to grow and advance.
Average work day
Customer Service (Current Employee), Edison, NJMay 13, 2013
Process incoming calls from store customers; Analyze complaints/comments and forward to appropriate departments; Ensure calls are handled quickly and efficiently; Act as liaison between customers and store owners; Selected to participate in special projects to improve customer service
Elite Company
Corporate Communications Agent (Former Employee), Edison, NJApril 1, 2013
Pros: job security, pay
Cons: lack of recognition from senior management
Wakefern is a solidified retailer in the supermarket industry and working for them is not that bad.
Fast paced and energetic workplace
Non-Perishables Merchandise Planning (Current Employee), Keasbey, NJJune 11, 2012
Great opportunities to learn from experienced associates.
Worked as a Selector
Selector (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJFebruary 27, 2012
Cons: 1 day of every 2 weeks
Working as a Selector in Wakefern is probably one of the hardest jobs i have ever worked personally. You drive a powered jack around Aisles all day long and load up pallets with merchandise while listening for directions to a Talkman, which is a computer generated talking system telling you what to do. If you are not physically fit, have back, legs, arm pain, i would not recommend this job for you.