WakeMed Health & Hospitals is a private, not-for-profit health care organization based in Raleigh, N.C.
The 900+ bed system comprises a network of health care facilities that includes:
• Level I Trauma Center and tertiary referral hospital, children’s hospital and rehabilitation hospital in Raleigh, N.C.
• Community hospital in Cary
• Women’s hospital and family health center in North Raleigh
• Comprehensive outpatient centers and freestanding emergency departments in Brier Creek, Garner and Apex
• Freestanding Children's Emergency Department and dedicated Children’s Hospital
• One of the highest volume heart centers in the United States
• Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
• Multiple outpatient rehabilitation sites
• 40+ primary care and specialty physician practices
• Home health services
WakeMed’s team of 8,000+ nurses, technologists and medical support staff and more than 1,000 affiliated physicians serve the residents of Wake County and beyond using the most advanced technologies and facilities to ensure the finest in health care.
WakeMed is home to two nationally accredited, award winning Chest Pain Centers and two nationally accredited, award winning Stroke Centers. Centers of excellence include cardiac and vascular care, women’s and children’s services, physical rehabilitation, emergency and trauma, orthopedics, neurosciences, home care and numerous wellness and community outreach programs.
At WakeMed Health & Hospitals, we are guided by a simple – yet powerful – mission: to improve the health and well-being of our community by providing outstanding and compassionate care to all.
To deliver on this mission, WakeMed employs a community of compassionate professionals that we believe truly represent the "best minds and biggest hearts" in the business. When it comes to culture and benefits, we recognize that when we take good care of our employees, our employees can take even better care of our patients. We promote diversity in the workplace and provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants.
More About WakeMed
WakeMed Health & Hospitals, located in Raleigh, North Carolina is a 900+ bed private, not-for-profit network of medical centers, ambulatory care centers and outpatient facilities, representing the largest health system in Wake County, North Carolina. WakeMed offers a Level I Trauma Center, Level IV NICU, licensed rehabilitation hospital, a children’s hospital and seven emergency departments, including a specialized children’s emergency department. – less