WakeMed

WakeMed Employer Reviews

Good benefits, educational environment....
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee), Raleigh-Durham, NCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: education and pay rate.
Good benefits, educational environment, very competitive pay rates and ‘most’ of the workplace community great. The corporate culture is North Carolina relaxed although strict in the sense of The Wake Way goals and code(s) of conduct. The company mission statement is clear: Patients and Families first. Expectations and objectives are rational and the support is there to assist all employees achieve set (situational) objectives. Management desires to help their departments function and succeed.
Good place
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee), Raleigh, North CarolinaFebruary 26, 2015
Good pay, good benefits. Good organization to be a part of. Plenty of experience is able to be obtained at this organization. Always busy, good variety of cardiac disease that is seen.
Good Work Environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), raleigh, ncJanuary 2, 2015
I think hospital are great to work in. You just have to have education to advance to the next level.
Wake Med
Epic Technical Support and Software Testing (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 1, 2015
I was say that what I enjoyed most working at Wake med was the variety of work assignments and work locations. Each day was different with a new challenge.
Certified Nurse Assistant II/Secretary (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 3, 2014
Great place to work. Great benefits. Loved the 12 hour shifts. Everyone help each other
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I learned a lot about the different areas of human resources
working at wakemed
Staff RN, Critical Care (Current Employee), Cary, NCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: changes in management, inconsistent information
I have enjoyed working at wakemed. A typical day at work is very busy. I have learned to efficiently manage care of many patients under pressure. We have had several changes in management on our unit, however I do think that she is doing a good job managing our staff. My co-workers are what makes me able to do my job well. Being a nurse is extremely hard work but having coworkers around you that support you makes it all possible. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I occasionally get to have a patient who touches my heart, who sees all that I am doing for them and who is kind. That makes it all worth it.
General
Patient Access, Case Manager Rep (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2014
No day is the same, wasn't what I had expected upon accepting position.
feels like home
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 18, 2014
co-workers are supportative
management team is great
flexible schedule
Punitive culture, anxiety producing
RN (Current Employee), CarySeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: too much unpaid time is required to make such a low wage reasonable
Staff including midlevel management is so afraid of punishment for not dotting "i"'s that actual patient care suffers.
What looks good on paper is not always reality.
Poor teamwork, everyone is so scared that they'll through anyone under the bus to survive.
great place to work IF the people in charge like you.
Bilingual Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: compesation for hard work
*a typical day at work = very busy
*what you learned = it is not what you know, but who you know.
*management = a revolving door
*your co-workers = scared to lose their jobs
*the hardest part of the job = 1% raises
*the most enjoyable part of the job = no weekends
Fun Workplace
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Cary, NCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: recognized as valued employee
Cons: flexibility
WakeMed gives the opportunity for personal growth and career development. Exciting work environment, with new daily learning experiences.
This organization does help employees better themselves
QC Specialist/Assembly/Prep and Scan (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: employee development
I will have to say that WakeMed really helps their employees reach more potential through their tuition reimbursement program. I have taken advantage of that program for the past 2 years and it's really helped.
Secretary (Current Employee), RaleighJune 7, 2014
Freindly staff and management, great work environment. Employee discounts are great too!
Great Place to Work!!!!!
Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 30, 2014
Management team is very supportive and works to see you succeed as an employee. Nice clean safe work environment. Just all around good co-works, great people to work with.
Bad management
CT Tech (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 29, 2014
Pros: coworkers and front line staff really do care
Cons: poor work environment created by management
My coworkers were wonderful people but are quickly being forced out by bad management all with the attitude "you are all replaceable." Well, literally half of us have had to be replaced in the last year alone because of poor management! Not only have we not had raises in nearly 2 years but our already outrageous health care costs have gone up, our time off has been reduced, and shift differentials have been cut. And yet our manager tells us that work should be our first priority above family even. Your work was picked apart by someone who has never done your job, you have to beg for even a day off, and are constantly talked down to and belittled in any number of backhanded ways. The off sites were okay but stay away from Big Wake!!
Great co-workers who care about the patients and doing a good job.
Behavioral Health Counselor, Supplemental (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 16, 2014
My work is exciting because you never know what the day will bring. Some days I complete many assessments and others I work more on placement. My co-workers are competent and fun.
Family oriented work place
RN Clinical Educator & Supervisor Endoscopy (Current Employee), Cary, NCMarch 25, 2014
A typical day at work is coming in and doing Kronos time and viewing the daily schedule for the day. Looking to make sure staffing is still adequate pending add ons to the day. Help with staffing, meetings about services, EPIC building at this time. Co-workers are great to work with, and the staff in the area that I supervise are fabulous and are long time employees with the facility as well as the department the shortest time in the department is ten years.
The most enjoyable time is working long side the staff and seeing what things they feel they need help with or need something different and being able to validate or assist them in to compensating another direction to make things work to their advantage.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 13, 2014
The hardest part of my job is when patients come not happy and in pain. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can make a patient smile or feel just a little bit better.
Just Plain Horrible!
OR staff Worker (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: some co-workers
Cons: short breaks, no overtime, no raises, bad management team
I worked for this company and I must say management is very cut throat and will say and do anything to get you fired even if that means lie to you or make up stories to paint you out to look like the bad guy. Middle management is no better either just slaves to upper hierarchy. No raises, PDO's cut, short staff and no paid overtime.STAY AWAY from this horrible Hospital, its not cleaned well and filled with disgruntled employees. They're so call motto is Wake Way, which is a crock of bull and fake! Most of upper Management are not even qualified for the positions they have, The Manager that I had only had a Associates Degree in Nursing, when most hospitals you need a Master degree in Nursing to Manage a Department

1 2 3

About WakeMed

If you wake up in a hospital in Wake County, North Carolina, you may be at one of WakeMed health system's facilities. WakeMed – Read more

WakeMed Salaries