Walden Behavioral Care

Walden Behavioral Care Employer Reviews

Great Entry Level Position for Those Interested in Psychology or Social Work
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 2, 2014
Great Entry Level Position for Those Interested in Psychology or Social Work.
unprofessional and unsanitary workplace
nurse (Current Employee), hospital units eating disorder and mental illnessSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: zero pros... the gatorade and snacks on eating disorder unit
Cons: always hiring, unwelcoming feeling, awkward unhappy place to work.
Poor management, no organization, unfriendly human resource dept, unprof nursing and mental health staff. Poor patient care, substandard care and many times ran out of medical supplies so We had to reuse medical supplies Which is completely unprofessional and unsanitary; GROSS, DIRTY AND DISGUSTING!
Ifelt bad for the patients and myself and other people that worked there.
Also they hired nursing staff that had no clue, no experience and new grads and not givng them good orientation causing unsafe staffing and environment.
Poorly managed
Charge Nurse / Staff Floor Nurse (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 21, 2013
Poorly managed. Has a high turn around rate. The quality is not what it used to be.
Excellent Internship Site for Expressive Therapy Students
Clinical Internship (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: excellent supervision, a healthy work environment, acceptance of the expressive arts
Cons: limitations of inpatient settings
My time at Walden Behavioral Care has been extremely enjoyable and fulfilling. I have already addressed many of the goals I have set out to fill and am only half way through my internship experience. This program and what I have learned here will be implemental for my future clinical work.
Great staff, varried clinical PHP and individual experience
Clinical Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Northampton, MANovember 20, 2012
Wonderful and supportive staff, working as part of a team. I appreciated the collaboration and communication with staff. Worked in PHP and IOP programs for Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder and Eating Disorders NOS, as well as individual work.The hardest part was probably the building it was in at the time in the basement level with not a lot of light. I most enjoyed learning about eating disorders since I knew nothing about them when I started, and being able to work with people who has varying diagnoses.
A Mental Health facility with a focus on psychiatric/eating disorders,.....and Profit.
Mental Health Counselor (MHC) (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 5, 2012
My experience at Walden Behavioral Care lasted for three and a half years. The knowledge I gained there with respect to psychiatric abnormalities was invaluable. As a Mental Health Counselor (MHC), it was my duty to ensure patient safety and offer what little counseling my BS in PSYCH degree would allow. Tides were ever changing at this establishment as administrator's were replaced with new ones whose goal was to maximize profit while sacrificing staff safety, private time, and vacations. Staff morale was either at an all time low, or barely functioning. Patient safety was stressed in meetings but the administration frequently neglected to provide extra staffing in order to avoid paying overtime, or employing outside agency help because the price was just to high. This left the psychiatric unit unsafe due to insufficient staffing. Employee's were often reminded of "the budget" and to make the best of what little resources were available. A number of MHC's and Nurses came and went as they became overworked and, disapproving of the way in which they were treated as 'work horses', they either opted to resign or were fired. The highlights, however, were the Social Worker's who ensured aftercare to the best of their ability for the clients. These were a group I will always view fondly at Walden Behavioral Care.