Walden Behavioral Care Employee Reviews

All around awful place to work
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 24, 2017
All you need to do is look at all of the job openings that are constantly being advertised and you can imagine what a poor working environment. Staff are overworked and under appreciated.
This is supposed to be a human service organization and yet the employees are treated very poorly. The management is so over worked that they can not properly supervise or provide proper oversight to staff. Professional development and training opportunities are non-existent.
It's all about the dollar and no consideration is given to staff or patient care. It's impossible to maintain work-life balance while working here.
Pros
I honestly can't think of one
Cons
No training or support, poor leadership, low wages
Worst Human Service Agency to Work For
Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 16, 2016
The turnover and frequent vacancies are indicative of major issues with working here. Clinical staff is poor due to low pay, lack of training and heavy workload expectation. Quality clinicians don't stay because the agency lacks professional integrity. Patient care is not a priority and the direct care staff are undervalued.
The employee benefits are below the standard and the HR department is a joke among staff across the agency. This is an agency committed to quantity not quality. Staff is absolutely treated as a means to an end and that end is the revenue they generate.
Pros
Always hiring; many open positions and no experience needed.
Cons
Lack of training, staff are undervalued and overworked
overall experience
Director of Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at Walden Behavioral Care. It is a fast growing company. There were a lot of challenges which I enjoyed being involved with.
Overall good place to work
MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 22, 2015
* great co-workers
* somewhat organized management
* great health insurance
* chaotic work environment
* medical records are all written (nothing computerized)
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks
Led by a dynamic leader
Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 2, 2015
Quite possibly one of the best places to work for the leadership, work culture and futuristic vision.

Came on board to direct in a quasi-consultancy role to help implement an Electronic Medical Record application.

Nearing completion of the task and reluctantly looking to move on.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Having to leave
Fantastic Place to Work!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAOctober 8, 2014
My experience working at Walden Behavioral Care has been beyond enjoyable.

The clinical, executive, and administrative staff all showcase a level of professionalism and kindness unparalleled to any in the industry.

The Northampton team displays extensive knowledge for the care, treatment, and diagnosis of eating disorders and is enthusiastic about educating the surrounding community.

Not only was my tenure here rewarding professionally, but it also allowed for an immense amount of personal growth. I will truly miss working for this company.
Pros
All of the above
Cons
I can’t think of anything..I love this job!
Great Entry Level Position for Those Interested in Psychology or Social Work
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 2, 2014
Great Entry Level Position for Those Interested in Psychology or Social Work.
unprofessional and unsanitary workplace
nurse (Current Employee) –  hospital units eating disorder and mental illnessSeptember 17, 2013
Poor management, no organization, unfriendly human resource dept, unprof nursing and mental health staff. Poor patient care, substandard care and many times ran out of medical supplies so We had to reuse medical supplies Which is completely unprofessional and unsanitary; GROSS, DIRTY AND DISGUSTING!
Ifelt bad for the patients and myself and other people that worked there.
Also they hired nursing staff that had no clue, no experience and new grads and not givng them good orientation causing unsafe staffing and environment.
Pros
Zero pros... the gatorade and snacks on eating disorder unit
Cons
always hiring, unwelcoming feeling, Awkward unhappy place to work.
Poorly managed
Charge Nurse / Staff Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 21, 2013
Poorly managed. Has a high turn around rate. The quality is not what it used to be.
Excellent Internship Site for Expressive Therapy Students
Clinical Internship (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 22, 2013
My time at Walden Behavioral Care has been extremely enjoyable and fulfilling. I have already addressed many of the goals I have set out to fill and am only half way through my internship experience. This program and what I have learned here will be implemental for my future clinical work.
Pros
excellent supervision, a healthy work environment, acceptance of the expressive arts
Cons
limitations of inpatient settings
Great staff, varried clinical PHP and individual experience
Clinical Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MANovember 20, 2012
Wonderful and supportive staff, working as part of a team. I appreciated the collaboration and communication with staff. Worked in PHP and IOP programs for Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder and Eating Disorders NOS, as well as individual work.The hardest part was probably the building it was in at the time in the basement level with not a lot of light. I most enjoyed learning about eating disorders since I knew nothing about them when I started, and being able to work with people who has varying diagnoses.
A Mental Health facility with a focus on psychiatric/eating disorders,.....and Profit.
Mental Health Counselor (MHC) (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 5, 2012
My experience at Walden Behavioral Care lasted for three and a half years. The knowledge I gained there with respect to psychiatric abnormalities was invaluable. As a Mental Health Counselor (MHC), it was my duty to ensure patient safety and offer what little counseling my BS in PSYCH degree would allow. Tides were ever changing at this establishment as administrator's were replaced with new ones whose goal was to maximize profit while sacrificing staff safety, private time, and vacations. Staff morale was either at an all time low, or barely functioning. Patient safety was stressed in meetings but the administration frequently neglected to provide extra staffing in order to avoid paying overtime, or employing outside agency help because the price was just to high. This left the psychiatric unit unsafe due to insufficient staffing. Employee's were often reminded of "the budget" and to make the best of what little resources were available. A number of MHC's and Nurses came and went as they became overworked and, disapproving of the way in which they were treated as 'work horses', they either opted to resign or were fired. The highlights, however, were the Social Worker's who ensured aftercare to the best of their ability for the clients. These were a group I will always view fondly at Walden Behavioral Care.