Walden Security Employee Reviews

worst security company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2017
Walden is the worst security company to work for they dont care about there employees they dont pay enough wages they dont give out raises. they are a bad company to work for just terrible
Awful company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 15, 2017
If you are ok with favoritism and managers turning a blind eye to everything then this is the place for you.

Managers receive special services for favors in getting out of trouble.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, low pay, high stress
Benefits not good
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 7, 2017
Benefits are not good and you never get raises. People have worked here for 10 years without a raise. The only training was a workbook that you get in orientation. No supplies to do your job.
None micro managaged upscale security company.
Commissioned Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2017
Walden is a great company to work for whether you are starting your security career or you if you are a veteran. They are not a micro managing company that gives you opportunities to advance and grow.
Very Stressful company
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37923August 2, 2017
benefits are below average for this type of work. Pay is not commensurate to Job performed. This is a warm body company. Not recommended for long term employment.
Pros
Easy Job
I do not reccomend walden security
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 31, 2017
worked at walden for 2 1/2 years- Never missed a day of work
Did not call in sick ever!!!! I was late for work ONCE!!!! There was a car wreck on the interstate...
Was fired because I would not Fire a gun... I was not properly trained. They refused me more time....
Pros
money
Cons
they treat employees terrible...
Boring and can be time consuming
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2017
It's not the ideal job, and doesn't pay that well but it's a job. Managers can be a pain at times, and sometimes can be very unorganized, also lits of miscommunication
good company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 29, 2017
a nice place to work, good people, and good hours. enjoyed working with this company, would work for them again ,always got paid on time. friendly people
Started out great
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 27, 2017
Began with Walden in a former city. The other officers and I got along well and did our jobs well. After relocating to Georgia, things changed. It did not seem as if the management were very concerned about their employees. I have spoken with other employees who are discontented and feel to be treated unfairly. We lost the account to which I was posted and since then I have not been assigned to a permanent post, after two months. I have been sent here and there as if I was a Utility Officer but not receiving the pay. I have given almost 7 years of my life to this company and tried to do the very best job possible and I do not feel as if it has counted for anything.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 27, 2017
Family-friendly and healthy culture. Hard work, and occasionally stressful with after hours assignments, but always rewarding. Has peaks and valleys in workload, but always something to do. Great leadership/management that asks "what can we do for you?" Never saw myself in the security business, but happy to have carved out this little corner of the world.
Pros
good work-life balance, healthy culture, good management
Cons
occasional stress peaks, benefits could be better
Family Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 25, 2017
The team at Walden Security is a great group of people. We all work together for a common goal of continued growth both for the company and personally with continued learning. There is a family feeling to our team.
Excellent place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 25, 2017
I truly enjoy being a part of the Walden family. Great management, pay, benefits, etc. with a fantastic opportunity for career growth and development.
Love our company culture
HR (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 25, 2017
Working at Walden Security is very rewarding. We challenge each other to be the best in our jobs and therefore making us the best in the industry. Every department works together with one goal in mind and that is to be the best contract security in the industry.
Pros
Work environment, flex time, benefits
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 24, 2017
Good job , benefits , with advancement opportunities. Management works with you with family emergencies, time off, and post relocation. They are not the best with sending relief when yours doesn't show up.
Pros
Full 8hrs. Guaranteed overtime.
Cons
Relief doesn't always show up so you have to work 16 hour shifts
Enjoyable career
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gray Court, SCJuly 23, 2017
Company was great to work for but poor management at work site. Address issues about management with home office about forgery of time cards. Home office didn't look into the issues any futher.
Where I will retire
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 22, 2017
I love that I can come to work somewhere I feel I make a difference. I like that Mike and Amy appreciate the work I do. I also LOVE that their focus is making sure that the officers are always taken care of DAILY!!
Pros
GREAT Mgmt, insurance, PTO and healthy snacks
Cons
N/a
Good Place
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2017
It was a very good place to work, but you had no benefits to back to fall back on. if the were and incident that was job hazard. But i will say it was enjoyable.
Pros
Enjoyed the work
Cons
No good benefits
Great experience so far!
Director (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 21, 2017
I have been with the company for about six months - and so far it is a really great place to work. Team members are friendly and collaborative while being very talented in their specific areas. Each day is challenging - and you do have to work hard. But the work is appreciated.
Pros
Working with pros, solid leadership, good benefits
Poor Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJuly 15, 2017
At the site I worked, we worked 12 hour shifts alone so that meant you had to be every where at every moment in order to complete your job. It was hard to login trucks at the gate when you are dealing with a medical emergency.
Pros
schedule for 3.5 days per week
Cons
you had to eatand utilize bathroom whenever you could
Good job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 10, 2017
You patrol the assigned buildinds. Log the findings. Prepare any special report as needed. Respond to any medical or other emergencies. Brief oncoming staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walden Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9