Walden Security

Walden Security Employer Reviews

Pleasant environment. Naive and inconsistant management. Poor pay scale for the skill levels exspected.
P/T Security Officer (Current Employee), High Point, NCNovember 28, 2014
Pros: convenient travel time. friendly atmosphere
Cons: poor pay for skills required. lack of benefits. no pay increase or incentive pay.
The pay scale, especially with recent changes in required skill levels, is well below what it should be. Turnover rate is high. Like most security contractors, Walden expects high standards without a pay scale that would support more competent employees. The schedule is erratic, there is no shift differential pay. Incentive or merit raises don't exist.
The – more... site manager and co-workers are pleasant.
As a senior citizen, I am grateful for an opportunity to be employed, but I do not care to be exploited because of my age. – less
Typical security company
Account Manager/ Utility Officer (Former Employee), Cleveland NCNovember 25, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: unstable workplace
This company is military friendly but the turn over at this company is very high and employment is unsecure and questionable.
not a great company to work for
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), versailles kyNovember 24, 2014
Pros: the pay was good but thats it
Cons: no breaks badmanagement they could care less about you
management is awful we put in a uniform order in sept. and have still not received it among other things.
very productive company
Security Guard (Former Employee), Redford, MINovember 21, 2014
enjoyed the management and employees, the clients were awesome. the work environment was welcoming to work in.
Excellent
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee), TennesseeNovember 17, 2014
I loved this job. Had great supervisors. The main requirements of this job was to secure the premises and to ensure customer satisfaction.
We have great clients that make everyday enjoyable.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2014
The typical day involves greeting visitors a with smiles and sometimes a good joke. On a daily basis I learn different way to solve complex issues that require split second decisions. Normally management is hands off unless they are needed to authorize something special. The hardest part of the job is how mundane the job gets. After a while you run – more... out of things to learn and you began making some decisions without thinking twice because you know the job so well. The enjoyable part about the job is again dealing with the clients. – less
Very exciting
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: benifits
C.D.C.was a very interesting place to work,i enjoyed working with this company as well as the Riitz Carlton resorts.and the compensation allowed me to survive a lot better.
Great company
District Supervisor (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 1, 2014
Pros: great corporate support
Demands and expectations were high but corporate support was great.
It's a nice place company
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2014
Known to work as a team. Wonderful place to work. Very professional.
nice workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 22, 2014
its a nice company to work for but management is not all that good
Great Place to Work
Armed Gate Guard (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXOctober 22, 2014
I was a gate guard for TW& Company and enjoyed working for the company as it was well established.
Unorganized and non-attentive to employee needs
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta GAOctober 18, 2014
Worst company to work for when concerning benefits, advancement, and employee needs or concerns
Horrible Workplace Setting
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 14, 2014
Pros: no pros.
Cons: no breaks, constantly called on days off to fill in at other posts
Walden seemed like a really great job at first. I signed on in November of 2013. I worked hard and enjoyed walking through a quiet warehouse, making sure everything was secure. In January I was promised a higher a better position and was placed at a post to train for said position. However, after seven months of working their post and sacrificing my – more... off days many times, I was fired over a two month old mistake. It was the only mistake I ever made on the job. Yes I acknowledge that I messed up. But I had made sure to fix all other mistakes that others had made. I don't blame my employer for their firing me because they were in the right to. I am disappointed in the lack of 'detail' that the supervisors look for. I am disappointed that the only people who knew my work ethic were the ones that I personally worked with. This job is hostile and I would not refer anyone to apply. – less
Good Company to work for
Court Security Officer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 1, 2014
Cons: short lunch break ( 30 minutes)
Very security minded and a good company to work for. Your day at work is a 1 hour on each post.
my daily work at Walden Security.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2014
*Greeting and helping people with information such as direction, what floor to go.

* I learn about safety and emergency. C.P.R and A.E.D. learn about detail information.

*Management are on top of there work very friendly and teach you detail about your post and job site

* Co-worker are friendly, helpful, team players, teach you one on one training – more... about your job post and job site.

*the hardest part of the job is nothing really. management and co-worker are always there to help you.

* i enjoy this job is because I learn a lot about being a Utility Officer.
you work in different location, and learn different about your job post. We Observe and Report. – less
It was a fun place to work
Unarmed Utility Officer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2014
Complete inventory tracking and reconciliation of cars from various rental branches.
Security
Security Officer (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: quiet workplace
Cons: drunks, vagrants
I managed a few posts with Walden. Certain situations brought attributes to the open that I didn't know existed. I don't have the patience for drunk people. The best part of the job, is I worked by myself.
Poor management, including senior management
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Cons: everything
If you are looking for a poor excuse for a security company, visit or work for Walden security. The management is nothing short of corrupt. They violate state laws, by working unlicensed security people. Their clients are horrified at the service they receive. Their employees have no value to them.
They are a second rate security company, and that is – more... all they will ever be. – less
My favorite place to work
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2014
I loved this job this is one of the best jobs I have ever had a day in my life.
Well established company
Operations/Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 28, 2014
Good company to work for if you stick with it, multiple locations, business is growing, advancement is possible

1 2 3 4 5

About Walden Security

Walden Security is something of a right-hand man -- or in this case, woman --┬áto businesses and government.┬áMajority owned and – Read more