Walden Security Employee Reviews

Most unprofessional company I have worked with
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 25, 2016
Walden is the only company that I have worked in that has asked if I can come in the same day I had a death in the family. They have no regard or empathy for anyone. If you think there is advancement in company you are mistaken. You have to be 25 yrs of age to become a field supervisor and even then that is not a good position. They are always asking you to cover shifts that are not yours, and expect you to work nonstop. You'll often find yourself covering people's shift that are suppose to come in after you and the supervisors will be begging you to stay an extra 4-8 hours while they have no sense of urgency to get someone to come relieve you. The supervisors are the Barney Fife's of the real world. If you think your job is safe always remember you are the fall guys for the companies you are guarding. If something goes wrong in the plant and they can find a way to pin it on you, you can kiss your job goodbye. Turnover is extremely high and within a year you're likely to be the top of seniority in your region.They could double my pay and I would not come back and work for them.
Pros
Easy to aquire this job
Cons
Everything. Management, salary, hours, company policy
Good work made me feel as if i was helping community
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  knoxville,tnSeptember 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I was contracted to Knoxville Utilities Board for past year and had fun patrolling their facilities. Though i did not like the management structure or the lack of advancement opportunities available i did enjoy the flexibility of my hours and being able to have stable family and work life. I made friends with many of my coworkers on and off duty. Hardest part of my job was dealing with my direct supervisor's attitude and treatment of his employees. His lack of integrity made it hard to respect him though i did as i was told as he was my supervisor.
Pros
Sense of acomplishment performing my duties, good co workers.
Cons
Bad Management, lackluster benefits, favoritism.
Poor Management, No balance between work/home life
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAJuly 22, 2016
My typical day consists of relieving another officer, clocking in, gating in and out trucks in a computer, then clocking out and going home. The only plus side about this job were my coworkers. They will try to make you work as a "Utility Officer" but not pay you for it. They have no regard of personal life. The management is sporadic. You may seem them every day for a week, then not again for a month. The job itself is not difficult at all. For me, i left every day feeling unfulfilled. As far as Advancement, unless you are over 25 years old, you won't go anywhere in this company. If you are young, there are way more self-fulfilling jobs out there that pay at least the same if not more.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
No breaks, Poor Management, Poor Operations Manager, No balance in Work/Home life
Easy laid back and easy to work with.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 9, 2016
If you want a job with a lot of down time this is a good job, They have clients and if they lost a client they always have another to replace it. Pay varies per location. Sometimes you get people who disturb the work place that could get violent and it is your job to difuse the situation as drama free as possible which could potentially lead to physical contact. 24/7 Management if you have any problems you can count on management to answer to the problem.
Pros
on job lunches, laid back, good support personnel, easy to manage schedule
Cons
Aggressive Customers, Late hours, 1 man teams at night
lack of communication
Utility Officer (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 15, 2016
The work locations are Alright But the communication is terrible. They are never fully manned due to low wages and terrible hours.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no time at home, no raises
Overall a good job.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 2, 2016
Walden Security Inc. was a good company to work for. Had good supervisors and everyone at each duty assignment worked together as a team to be successful and safe. Hardest part of the job was when inclement weather occurred as it was an outside job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work and seeing our military return after each deployment. Saw some deploy and return three times, so it was wonderful to see them and acknowledge each one.
Pros
Great work atmosphere.
Cons
Only when inclement weather occurred.
Fast paced demanding environment
Human Resources Regional Manager/Georgia & Florida (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2016
Constant re-prioritizing to meet evercahnging business needs.
Strategic business planning, and develped strong motivational counselling skils.
HR provides robust support to operations managment team.
Colleagues are a very professional, hard working group.
Hardest part of the job is findg work/life balance.
Most enjoyable prt of the job is making a difference and knwoing that you are needed and what you do makes a diffrence.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Long Hours
Respectable team to work with !
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 28, 2016
Greatly enjoyed working with the team, Walden from Knoxville, Tn.
A typical day would consist of security rounds at a State Welcome Center. looking for issues related to security. Also, keep a visual eye out for handicap disability persons that might need assistance.(you ask them if you can help first) they will let you know if they want help.
Pros
enjoy assisting public / working as team
Cons
rate of pay should correspond with responsibility / experience
End of summer
Management (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 2, 2015
When a contract ends they do not give you many choices. The contracted staff were nice to be around. There was nothing hard about sitting for 8 hours. They have no problem replacing you, this is what they dont tell you in the interview. But, you will be told face to face in a meeting. Human resource and management do not plan well when it comes to site meetings. They do quick hires just to fill the void of having a "body" on site. Was an ok company to work for until I needed to move further in my career.
Pros
Co workers were awesome
Cons
Atlanta rarely visited the site. When you need support do not count on receiving it.
Frustrating to work there.
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 26, 2016
There were times when I thought I was going to advance, and then the floor comes out from under you. If you have military experience they will hire you for management without question. You cannot become a field supervisor unless you are 25. The pay isn't good unless you are armed. The only positive about the company is the overtime.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management, Pay
Poor management, lack of communication, very unorganized!!!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2016
I was an Officer At Walden Security working two jobs or more to manage my bills, and the Account manager there would not get a relieving officer for me, Instead he tried to force overtime on me when i told him several times i had another job. In conclusion the company doesn't pay well and they do not care about your well being, and no opportunity for advancement here!!!
Pros
The job itself is easy and friendly clients
Cons
Never apply for this job dead end!
Stable job but poor management
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 31, 2016
You'll get enough hours but the management, from the site supervisor to the corporate office, is very poor. Also pay is well below the average that security guards should be getting paid. Also no holiday pay.Co workers are nice though and usually look out for each other. Honestly one of the worst security companies that you can work for.
Pros
Good amount of hours and decent benefits
Cons
Bad management and under pay
decent company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
Company started as a good company to work for but because of the economy slow-down the benefits became no good. Policies changed and made the work-place no a good place to work
Pros
job
Cons
no vaction pay
Easy going job
Security Officer. / Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Colinas, TXAugust 2, 2016
You just check in clients that are visiting the building. Answer the phone, Walk the Entire Building floor to floor to make sure suits are locked up at he end of the night.
You will wear a suit. Most if it is provided to you by the company.
Pros
Easy Job, Laid Back.
Cons
Short Breaks can not leave site for lunch, Employees come and go
Irregular Shifts
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
Mostly from the locations I've seen, throughout Atlanta, the management staff cares little about the "man power." IT's common to 8 hours shifts but if someone shows up late, regardless of our personal life, you are required to stay there until they arrive. I was forced to stay another 4 hours into another guy's shift. In addition, they constantly call you asking you to work overtime even if you've already pulled 50+ hours that week.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Long dull shifts. Poor Management. Poor job quality.
Work Place
Security Office (Former Employee) –  Hampton, GAJune 12, 2016
Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
Check truck in and out by the use of a computer.
Patrol Industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Coworkers make the work place fun.
Verifications Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 7, 2016
Extremely busy. What I've become is an executive assistant than an actual security officer. I work in a state building in downtown Nashville. I also work the metal detector.
Pros
Morning shift.
Cons
Building is cold in the winter. No heat provided.
Did what ever client wanted.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 23, 2016
Checked in all traffic coming and going. Learned how to weigh in and out trucks to make legal to haul. Hardest part of job was controlling traffic speed inside of plant. Enjoyed client cookouts.
Pros
Could work overtime.
Cons
Received pay that post payed.
Walden Security
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 6, 2016
Walden Security is a great place to begin a career in security. I do CON (certificate of need) coverage. I make my own hours and my co-workers are great. The downside of this job is I do not get enough hours if there are no persons requiring CON coverage. Overall, great job though!
An OK place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  3630 Peachtree RdSeptember 23, 2016
I really believe that Walden is a good place to work, but from my experience they really need to have a better management team. It doesn't help that the account manager is new and didn't have any management experience.

2.8