Walden Security

Walden Security Employer Reviews

Poor Management, Low wages
Security officer / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), atlanta gaNovember 11, 2013
Pros: no weekend work
Cons: limited benefits
Job was Summer employment only. a typical work day was to sign on for duty and work as a lobby officer by checking in contractors, visitors, and new prospects. Monitored site for any suspicious activity.
Every job has its ups and downs
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2013
Pros: the fact that i work second shift
Cons: the pay isn't that great
Its a very slow pace job that teaches you to learn to work alone and pay attention to the small stuff. You become very people oriented and the management always has your back and supports you in all endeavors, including my school schedule. My co-workers and i get along great and we are all team players. The hardest part of my job would be the fact that – more... it doesn't challenge me enough. The most enjoyable part would be meeting all the new people and creating relations. – less
Taken care of by the branch office
Security Officer (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 30, 2013
A great place to work, eveyone is willing to help you out and can be flixible with your hours and vacation time.
Company Culture
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: nice job sites
Cons: working a swing shift
Security Officer for high end clients at Att property thur out the City of Atlanta
Good managment and they care about the workers.Good Job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Lynchburg, TNOctober 16, 2013
Monitored and authorized entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises. Called police or fire departments in cases of emergency and monitored cameras.
Fun Workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), Jackson, MsOctober 16, 2013
Pros: monitoring cameras
Cons: sitting down
Meeting New People. Safe enviroment. Working Day Shift. My supervisor was a good one.
Fast Pace and the people are nice to work with.
Security/Liaison Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: meeting all the different people.
Cons: supplemental health insurance
Always interesting and exciting people coming in with a variety of backgrounds. Seeing how the secret service works, from coming in and scouting out the building prior to bringing in dignitaries to management coordinating a 5-day, 3 floor event, with more than 50 vendors, and having to make sure that security is on point, facilities do their job, maintenance – more... take care of the lighting, air conditioning and other little details. The only thing the customer sees is a nice venue and an awesome presentation. Having an awesome group of co-workers to work with makes it even better so when you get to the end of the day, coming back the next day, is something that you look forward to. – less
its a job
Concierge Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2013
Pros: stable job and you are able to network with corporate america
Cons: healthcare is not that great at all, take forever to get uniforms
pretty descent company here in Atlanta but the uniform request is terrible and the pay is below average. Operation Managers, Director Of Security, and Field Supervisors make the buck of the money.Co workers are nice and very importantly it makes you a better person at the end of the day.
A stepping stone
security guard/receptionist/dispatcher (Former Employee), Vance, ALSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: overtime available
Cons: management attitude, management style, exposed to the elements, etc
The type of job where you are under appreciated and leave when you find something better or they replace you and fire you without cause.
Ensured the safety for the Center of Disease Control
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, ColoradoSeptember 18, 2013
I learned great customer service here while also working in a team like atmosphere.
Challenging job
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: fair pay
Cons: no upward mobility
An interesting job with challenging task each day. Typical contract job with minimal benefits. The hardest part is not having a sense of job security. I do not fell as a supervisor I am part of the team.
Job was productive and much flexibilty and fun at work.
Security Office/ Account Manager (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches, and enjoying other amenities.
Cons: breaks
A typical day at work is taking customers calls, working creatively with my colleagues, and doing multi-taxing. Doing all these it afford me to learn more importantly about my job. I am a team player, I get along very well with my co-workers they are amazing to work with.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with uncooperative customers.
The most – more... enjoying part of the job, is my interaction with good customers and my creativeness in customer service, my ability to help people and willingness, enjoy working in pleasant and calm atmosphere, leaving customers with good impression, that will encourage them to come back again. – less
Do not go there unless you have nothing else
Security Officer (Former Employee), Vance, ALAugust 23, 2013
Pros: meet some nice people through the client facility
Cons: poor pay, poor management
It's definitely not worth the headache. The pay isn't great, no chance for raises unless you can get promoted, which happens rarely. The demands on your time isn't commensurate with the pittance of the paycheck. The insurance through the company is horrendous. Micromanaging runs rampant. If you have absolutely no choice, then fine, work there, but you – more... may be better off flipping burgers. – less
Not bad
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAAugust 22, 2013
The pay was pretty good but had to work outdoors regardless of weather conditions. I worked through two hurricanes, stifling hot summers.
This company has come a long way...and that isn't a good thing.
Security Officer (Former Employee), ChattanoogaAugust 14, 2013
Pros: the people i worked with.
Cons: management, branch office personnel.
I recently left this company after working there for a second time. The first time I worked for them back in the 1990's. The company was much smaller then and you actually interacted with ownership every day. I worked as a Field Supervisor at that time.
Fast forward to 2013 and I came back to work a post. I worked a large hospital account. We dealt – more... with some really difficult situations/people on a regular basis.
From day one I encountered nothing but lies from management. Lies about scheduling, advancement opportunities, etc. The sad part was that by this time, I had a lot of management experience, generally more than any of the bosses/supervision. Most of the time I held my tongue when I witnessed the incompetence but sometimes it was too much to take.
One of the bosses only did scheduling and couldn't even do that correctly. It was constantly screwed up. For example, he would put people on the schedule that he knew were on vacation. Then he would leave the mess for someone else to clean up. His boss wasn't really any better, either. He tried to walk around yelling and trying to impress everyone with his knowledge and importance. Unfortunately, he is a doddering old fool.
Most of my coworkers were really good to work with. Sadly, the turnover increased markedly by the time I left. The lying was so bad that it became an open joke.
At this point any time someone mentions hiring a security company, I advise them to steer clear of this one. It has become a poorly-run imitation of its' former self. – less
Productive, great people to work for and with.
Security Officer- Lieutenant (Current Employee), Jefferson, GAAugust 13, 2013
We protect clients employees and assets. Great training, respectable.
Wouldn't recommend acquiring a position with this company...
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 1, 2013
My initial thoughts of Walden Security were better than what I have rated them, but after one year and ten months my thoughts were radically changed. I was stationed at a construction site, Wacker, during this time I came to the realization that the company did not worry if their employees were being blatantly harrassed or given prompt relief, especially – more... in cases of emergencies. There were many occasions and a plethora of examples of favoritism, a lack of leadership, a passing off of responsibility from one chain of command to the next and no formal training.
All of the examples given were from a particular job site and does not completely reflect corporate. – less
Job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta GAJuly 26, 2013
Provide armed security for contracted government properties.
Great
Director of Security (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: great schedule
Cons: pay
Great company

Great employees/employers

Learned management skills
review
Security Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2013
Good Company great opportunity for advancement. People are great and the company offers each guard a chance to make a career from and entry level job.

Customer service is expected and you continue to learn life skills.
Working on holidays and call outs were the worst.
Working for the company and meeting the people were the best

About Walden Security

Walden Security is something of a right-hand man -- or in this case, woman --┬áto businesses and government.┬áMajority owned and – Read more