Walden Security Employee Reviews

Officer/Concierge (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: didn't always pay you
Sometimes you were forced to work 24 hours strait and often your pay was not correct. Management was very unprofessional and no problems were fixed if brought to their attention
Good company
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atl, GAApril 13, 2015
Working with Walden Security was a job that I actually miss. The only problem I had was with my site and the site manager. I wish I could have worked at another site then I would have had a better experience with the company.
Walden security
Account manager/ security officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2015
Pros: great Benefits, vacations
I have worked for Walden for over 6 years and with in those 6 years I have never had a problem within then company. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the Client and there guest, the hardest part is having to be a little firm on the Job.
need more training for employees
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee), Brunswick, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: awesome people to work with
Cons: continuous added work with no incentive
Not any job growth, raises, paid holidays, or training. On-site supervisor has no more training than the employees. The company does not offer incentives or job growth.
n?a
Security Officer (Current Employee), atlantaApril 1, 2015
such a horrible way to begin a career in law enforcement, if told your going to be a utility do not take the job. at first you will get all the hours and then u barely receive any
Great job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee), lawrenceville, GAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Independence, get multiple breaks, three days of work that equaled 40 hrs.
Cons: Driving the same areas every shift gets boring, the trucks given have no room for comfort.
No coworkers and I drive around all night making sure my sites were secured. No wand needed, they provided me with a high tech phone to capture my site tours. Never had anyone breathing down my neck, it was almost like I was freelancing.
Working environment
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Working in security but doing customer service
Cons: job advancement
protecting the largest military installation in the world
enjoyed interacting with thousand of people a day
going to 9mm range
Very interesting job
Security Officer (Current Employee), AtlantaMarch 24, 2015
I worked for a country club, there are some famous people who live there. I had to process all of the visitors in no matter who they were. I had to check license, put their information into the into the system. I had to answer multiple lines.
Very friendly co workers
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2015
Walden was a great company to work for but their site supervisors need more training. And a few more vacation days and higher pay wouldn't hurt.
very easy
Security Officer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 18, 2015
It was an easy job. I earned my security licenses through this job. The 12 hours shift was kind of hard. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people.
Good Company to work for
Armed Security Officer/Lieutenant (Former Employee), coloradoMarch 12, 2015
This place was fun and good to work with. Kept family in mind whenever a schedule was made. Always worked with every employee to assist them with what ever was needed.
great work place
Field Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaMarch 5, 2015
Pros: not a micro management position
Cons: pay
Walden Security is a very diverse work place , It gives employees the opportunity to grow and develop management skills.
Its an productive and easy going job with all clients.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaFebruary 18, 2015
I enjoy doing security work, its fun, very manageable ,and most of the time its hands free. I get along well with the public. Customer service is a plus, and its also something that I enjoy doing.
They are a fairly good company
Security Officer (Current Employee), Maitland, FLFebruary 13, 2015
They treat their employees fairly but they pay on the lower side. They could use some more organization and more staff they are very low on employees and can barely cover their shifts.
Walden Security
Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: boredom
As with most security jobs, they require common sense and knowledge.Walden is a solid company and makes the effort to hire quality officers.
Hope it gets better under new Atlanta Branch General Manager
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: nice work environment inside a building you are made to feel you do not belong in
Cons: breaks are way to short and infrequent. if you leave your post you get fired.
typically stand on your feet for between 8-13 hrs a day. You get one 1/2 hr lunch break and one 15-minute break. You are not allowed to sit, lean on a wall, or touch a handrail. You are on camera from the time you enter building until when you leave. The facility manager reviews the videos, and if you lean over to stretch your back you get called in to be yelled at. I learned to trust NO ONE at the site. Managers fight with each other over who has the power to do the work schedule and often make us wait until last day of week to find out if we even work the following week. Co-workers are great, but suffer from a collective lack of respect and turnover is running @95% right now. Hardest part of job is not being able to eat, drink or use the bathroom timely. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to go home.
Overtime is always available!
Security (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: hours are available to work overtime
Cons: the hours seem to be lost in the system and the employee is not compensated for the missing hours.
What gets me is that they threaten their employees with serous consequences when they don't turn in uniforms as if they are a law abiding company. Whereas they make serious mistakes on their employee's paycheck which are direct violations from the
Department of Labor. Definition of "Employ"
By statutory definition the term "employ" includes "to suffer or permit to work." The workweek ordinarily includes all time during which an employee is necessarily required to be on the employer's premises, on duty or at a prescribed work place. "Workday", in general, means the period between the time on any particular day when such employee commences his/her "principal activity" and the time on that day at which he/she ceases such principal activity or activities. The workday may therefore be longer than the employee's scheduled shift, hours, tour of duty, or production line time.Such as: Typical Problems
Problems arise when employers fail to recognize and count certain hours worked as compensate hours. For example, an employee who remains at his/her desk while eating lunch and regularly answers the telephone and refers callers is working. This time must be counted and paid as compensated hours worked because the employee has not been completely relieved from duty. It seems as if they overlook some of the labor laws set up by the Department of Labor in Georgia!
Typical Security Job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: easy work, most of the sites are close by.
Cons: no breaks
Normally work by yourself. The hardest part of the job would be staying awake, due to the long hours worked and not being able to have any phones or computers
Security
Secuirity (Current Employee), atlanta gaJanuary 2, 2015
protect property secure the building from any harm well as keep crimes from happening on the property
Country Club Setting
Gate/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Duluth, GADecember 16, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Great working area. Nice to work with people who appreciate your work. Co-workers were all great to work with. Management easy to get along with.
Headquarters