Walden Security Employee Reviews

Poor management, lack of communication, very unorganized!!!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2016
I was an Officer At Walden Security working two jobs or more to manage my bills, and the Account manager there would not get a relieving officer for me, Instead he tried to force overtime on me when i told him several times i had another job. In conclusion the company doesn't pay well and they do not care about your well being, and no opportunity for advancement here!!!
Pros
The job itself is easy and friendly clients
Cons
Never apply for this job dead end!
Workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 12, 2016
We patrolled warehouses, monitoring criminal activities via walking patrols we annotated the incoming and outgoing trucks and equipment.
It was an experience.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 16, 2016
Yes, it definetly was an experience and I would do it all over again if I wanted to.. wasn't to terrible the best post I worked at was the state building and also Erlanger...
Pros
good people.
Cons
stressful situations
decent company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
Company started as a good company to work for but because of the economy slow-down the benefits became no good. Policies changed and made the work-place no a good place to work
Pros
job
Cons
no vaction pay
Walden Security.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 21, 2015
A typical day at work would arriving at work, clocking in, and getting the daily information from the security officer you are reliving. Most security officers are stationed in an office or guard house and are stuck in that place for the duration of their shift. Most security post are required to have a security officer on site at all times. If your relief is late, you have to stay over until someone comes in to relieve you. Most of the people you work with at this company are good people that become your family. We are all in this together and help each other get through the day together.
Cons
No breaks or lunch due to the nature of the job
lack of communication
Utility Officer (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 15, 2016
The work locations are Alright But the communication is terrible. They are never fully manned due to low wages and terrible hours.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no time at home, no raises
The most Professional Security Company I have worked for.
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2015
Walden Security is in my opinion, is the most professional contract company I have been employed with. Employees were treated fairly and communication was always clear. Expectations for Officers and other employees was very high. Everyone I worked with in Operations and Human Resources were people of integrity and were very honest. A premium was put on training at all levels. As a Field Supervisor and former Officer in the Birmingham, Al. office, I would recommend this company for both clients and potential employees.
Pros
Plenty of work and support and training. Pay was above average.
Cons
Long hours and unpredictable schedules.
End of summer
Management (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 2, 2015
When a contract ends they do not give you many choices. The contracted staff were nice to be around. There was nothing hard about sitting for 8 hours. They have no problem replacing you, this is what they dont tell you in the interview. But, you will be told face to face in a meeting. Human resource and management do not plan well when it comes to site meetings. They do quick hires just to fill the void of having a "body" on site. Was an ok company to work for until I needed to move further in my career.
Pros
Co workers were awesome
Cons
Atlanta rarely visited the site. When you need support do not count on receiving it.
Good work made me feel as if i was helping community
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  knoxville,tnSeptember 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I was contracted to Knoxville Utilities Board for past year and had fun patrolling their facilities. Though i did not like the management structure or the lack of advancement opportunities available i did enjoy the flexibility of my hours and being able to have stable family and work life. I made friends with many of my coworkers on and off duty. Hardest part of my job was dealing with my direct supervisor's attitude and treatment of his employees. His lack of integrity made it hard to respect him though i did as i was told as he was my supervisor.
Pros
Sense of acomplishment performing my duties, good co workers.
Cons
Bad Management, lackluster benefits, favoritism.
Good paychecks, horrible management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 4, 2015
The paychecks helped my household, but I was constantly having to work due to people calling out. 16 hour shifts without breaks. Got used as a "utility worker" but not paid utility pay. It took headquarters over a month to send me my last paycheck.
Pros
good paychecks
Cons
no breaks, long hours
Typical security job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 28, 2016
Dull, boring job, Fun people. Long hours of guarding important objects. Only redeemer to the job is the pay and the people.
Pros
Great company.
Cons
Security work
Productive work enviroment
Certified Contract Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2015
Great job to work for, awesome and engaged management staff.
Learned a great deal of information about various clients. Feels good to provide a safe environment for clients in a highly professional manner.
Pros
Great networking Experience
Cons
None in my opinion
horrible bosses
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 15, 2016
they would pick people to be supervisors that idnt know what they were doing, they mistreated the employees. overworked them as much as they could,
Not a good company to work for!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2015
I been working for Walden Security for about 2 months. They don't do overtime, they lie and tell you what they want you to hear until you start to work for them and everything go down hill from there! They are very unprofessional, the operation managers are rude and disrespectful, and they only care about themselves! There is no room for growth. I enjoy being a security officer but not with this company... I'm just not happy. If you are thinking about working for Walden Security please " RUN" and don't look back!
Pros
Employees are nice and friendly
Cons
Very unprofessional management and low pay
Most unprofessional company I have worked with
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 25, 2016
Walden is the only company that I have worked in that has asked if I can come in the same day I had a death in the family. They have no regard or empathy for anyone. If you think there is advancement in company you are mistaken. You have to be 25 yrs of age to become a field supervisor and even then that is not a good position. They are always asking you to cover shifts that are not yours, and expect you to work nonstop. You'll often find yourself covering people's shift that are suppose to come in after you and the supervisors will be begging you to stay an extra 4-8 hours while they have no sense of urgency to get someone to come relieve you. The supervisors are the Barney Fife's of the real world. If you think your job is safe always remember you are the fall guys for the companies you are guarding. If something goes wrong in the plant and they can find a way to pin it on you, you can kiss your job goodbye. Turnover is extremely high and within a year you're likely to be the top of seniority in your region.They could double my pay and I would not come back and work for them.
Pros
Easy to aquire this job
Cons
Everything. Management, salary, hours, company policy
Poor Managemnt, Lack of Communication
Utilities/ Security (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2015
Loss of contracts due to little to no communications towards clients and management. Tedious to get in touch with management in emergency situations.
Pros
Great team/ coworkers
Cons
Poor management
Very dissapointed
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2015
if I knew then, what I know now, I would not work for Walden. There are some very nice people there, however, the management sucks. Very unorganized!!!
Pros
Where they have me stationed is a very friendly environment. I love the people here.
Cons
Very unorganized
Overview of my experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 3, 2015
This job was amazing I worked gate guard and had an amazing time with customers and co workers. I stood on my feet all day no matter the weather and checked documents to verify their eligibility for entry.
Great opportunity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 16, 2015
I really loved this job, it helped to prefect and hone my skills as a security officer. It was a great opportunity. I would recommend this job to anyone starting out in the security field
Pros
It was fun
Cons
Hectic pace
Direct Supervisor is what made the company a great place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 4, 2015
The director overseeing the department that I worked within was the primary reason for each day being worthwhile and enjoyable. The group was a very tight knit entity serving the company, and producing great results for the company's bottom line as well as reputation.

Each day was a new day, aside from standard routine responsibilities, each day produced a new venture and could not be scripted. This was my preference, this enabled continued learning and continual challenges to overcome, there was never a dull moment.
Pros
Monthly Luncheons, Annual Recognition, Annual Extravaganza's
Cons
Benefits were not the greatest, Retirement plan was less than desirable, Wage increases were non-existent

2.8