Walden Security Employee Reviews

Employees was great
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2017
I worked alone but the different companies in the building was nice people and took care of the security team. the employees looked out for each other when an employees needed time off. The manager was very understanding and fun to work with.
relaxing job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALApril 30, 2017
This was a great security job I love it but it's wasn't paying enough for the drive I was taking everyday. They were a company where the employee came first and everyone was treated equal.
Great company
Federal Court Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 25, 2017
This company complies with federal regulations and provides proper security at federal courthouses. I enjoyed working with the other employees. Supervision was great.
Walden security is a great company to get experience but no room for advancement.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2017
Walden security does not offer as many opportunities. There's no room for advancement or growth. I'm a very fast learner so I thought I would be able to advance faster than I expected or at least given the opportunity to prove myself.
Pros
Learning how to work with all types of people.
Cons
No overtime, No advancement
Structured and organized company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 18, 2017
A typical day at work is very structured and straight forward. My job is very understanding of my schedule with going to work and going to college. I've learned organizational, communication, and critical thinking skills to solve problems at my workplace.
Pros
Stable shift work
Cons
Not much communication between supervisor and employees and the benefits aren't sufficient
Excellent place to work
US Marshal Service/Court security officer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 30, 2017
Walden security is a strong leader in the security industry. Walden is an excellent company to work for. Walden is a leader in private and corporate security.
Pros
strong leadership
Cons
shared time position
Bad place to work, Nashville branch needs effective leadership to run a company
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2017
My experience working for this company was terrible. Office staff are rude and don't know what they are doing. Bait and switch are the norm they tell you what you want to hear to pacify and have no clue what they are doing in running contracts.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
No advancement, bad benefits, all about money.
Very boring but steady
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Franklin, NCMarch 26, 2017
The Walden Security is a great foundation job. Your learn a lot about the industry and how trade work just as being a security officers. You communicate with the truck drivers and you communicate with the workers in the factory. Your social skills improve in this job.
Pros
A very simple job
Cons
Sitting in the shack for long amounts of time
Its not a great place to work at all would not reccomend this company to my worst enemy.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 18, 2017
Not good company don't want to pay you over time some post are good and others arent pay sucks have to pay for everything a drug test finger prints uniforms boots not a good company to work for at all
Pros
Laid back post nice people
Cons
Have to work sick or not if you dont give a 2 week notice. Nothing good at this comany.
Company is fine, not great
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2017
Very high in minority hires which is fine but there was two minority supervisors who weren't exactly fair to the white employees. Job was at CDC in Atlanta.
Pros
Job is not difficult
Cons
a little racism
Steady work, decent pay for the area.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 16, 2017
It was a good experience and I learned quite a bit about security detail, and a few nice tips along the way. The post I was stationed at was very calm and a very nice establishment. It was an honor guarding that facility.
Pros
Depending on post it offers free food, or a variety of other things.
Cons
Bad suit measurements.
Not horrible...not great either.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 14, 2017
Training is sparse, but its not a complicated job. Pay is connected to what post you work, so the only way to get a raise is to transfer to a higher paying post.
my option over Walden
secured the building (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 6, 2017
It a good place to work for the company for Walden Security. I love my coworkers who I had work with. The hardest part of the job was working late at night, and trying to not fall asleep. My main concern about the company was management, and I was in a frighten situation with a formal coworker and took the video, but even with proof and still say nothing happen.
What you learned
Security Officer/Retention Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Great company to work for, make sure that you have a flexible schedule because some people don't like to show up for work. plenty of overtime tho.
Very poor company in general
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2017
The company is a revolving door as soon as you make to much they find ways to fire you. You need to know people to get anywhere in this company. They even forced me to come back to work the day after my wife gave birth. Was almost pulling 12 hours work days and still the higher ups kept moving people to other locations. There incredibly greedy and take on contracts even when there short on people, so you barley get anyone in your station. Raises come in a blue moon worked there for 3 years and only got a dollar raise in total A cashier was paid more then i was. .
Pros
Easy Work, Reliable pay
Cons
Poor Pay, Poor Management, Poor attitude
Alright if you enjoy being on call
Utility Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2017
After 10 months I can say that I enjoy the communication between employer and employee as well as my fellow employees. However the position I accepted (utility officer) is very taxing on your personal life and free time often I find myself canceling plans with friends and family members to cover other peoples shifts or being called in on my days off.
Pros
Free parking at some sites, friendly work force, willing to work around shool or other job schedules.
Cons
High turn over rate, sub-par benifits, little personal or free time
Scam artist!!-
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Horrible security company!!! They will promise you all these things and never fall through. I was removed from a post on false accusations! STAY AWAY!
Great people to work with, very professional.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALFebruary 15, 2017
Well informed upon arrival to work sites. Daily updates on current post situations. Daily contact with supervisors. Uniforms are provided, training also provided. Flexible schedules. Hardest part of job would be dealing with bad weather. Best part of job is solid, professional partners, and supervisor's.
Pros
Uniforms provided, weapon and ammo provided
Cons
Costly Healthcare
under paid
Post Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 8, 2017
Limited opportunity for advancement, seniority is nonexistent. The hire off the street with no experience and place the new hire in the highest paying positions. They do not back their supervisors.
Pros
furnished uniforms.
Cons
low pay, long hours at times. no travel pay.
Minimum Wage Pay
Trainer/Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
low pay, no paid vacation time unless you work at a certain site. No tuition or training to advance in the company. Not enough personnel to fully support over 1000 officers just in the DFW area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walden Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9