Walden University Employee Reviews

Professional, relaxed place to work
University Supervisor (Online) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 17, 2017
Online employee. I have learned how to work with students through online services. Faculty has been very supportive with acclimating me to the Walden program.
Enjoyable work experience
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 17, 2017
I enjoy working with my peers and management. Walden provides many ways to continue my learning with webinars and seminars. I enjoy my student interaction as well.
Pros
Flexible
Great work environment
Lead faculty (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 3, 2017
Walden creates a great environment for it's employees to work. People are friendly and supportive. Management provides opportunities for developmental growth with teaching on-line.
Pros
Flexible work environment.
Cons
No health insurance for part-time
I am doctoral student at Walden University
Office Manager Nexus Academy of Lansing (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 1, 2017
I have enjoyed my tenure as a doctoral student thus far. I am in my final semester of coursework and I have worked directly with faculty members who are outstanding! I would highly recommend Walden University to any person wishing to pursue post-secondary education!
Pros
Excellent School
review
Co-Instructor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 28, 2017
a typical day at work, what you learned, management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job, hours open, number of employees
Walden is about learning.
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Mineapolis, MinnJune 28, 2017
You will be challenge by some teachers and students. It is an opportunity to learn and grow for the future. Walden's mission and vision set a standard that the world needs today.
productive work environment
Professor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 4, 2017
Good work environment online. Challenging courses. Students are well read and scholars. Students per class are too many. International students have academic writing problems.
Pros
good course templates
Cons
more assignments
Management is an issue
Online Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 30, 2017
Powerism is a real issue at this company. I had a pretty terrible experience and people did retaliate. I suggest staying away from this employer. Not worth the compensation.
Student Support Coordinator
Student Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 18, 2017
Provided support to online students via phone, email and live chat. Worked in a team environment that supports online students with their financial service issues, technical support needs, registration and materials and textbook issues
Pros
Good Lunch Room, Good Location
Cons
No paid Parking, watch you every move, Timed breaks
Most Enjoyable Part of Job
Strategic Alliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2017
Connecting employee learners with career advancement degree opportunities while impacting the institutions branding, FTE and ultimate fiscal bottom line.
Great Benefits
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2017
Most of these jobs are call center positions. There are calls,enrollment,and completion goals that are required to be met.
Great if you want to get a degree and commit to time back...the tuition assistance is amazing.
Pros
Tuition Assistance
Cons
Call Center
A great place to attend school
Student (Former Employee) –  onlineApril 20, 2017
I really enjoyed being a student at Walden. I learned a lot and I am sure all of my hard studying will pay off. I would definitely refer my family and friends to Walden University.
A really good place to work that gave me the opportunity to work abroad
Enrolment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 15, 2017
I had really good managers who enabled me to perform my job well with minimal interference. Lovely coworkers and an opportunity to move into a different Laureate venture made it a good place to work.
Pros
Really great managers and coworkers
Cons
Its a corporate office job working in a cubicle
Great organization to work for
Registration and Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2017
Wonderful company to work for. My day consist of registering students, preparing acceptance letters, transcript evaluation, opening up classes online etc. This company taught me a lot about the Higher Education industry, the work place culture was so diverse and everyone got a long.
Good Company/ Bad Management
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 6, 2017
The work was fine and not too difficult. The problem I had was the culture that it was all about the numbers and not the students we were trying to enroll. It was a "enroll at all costs" kind of mentality.
They judged you on how many phone calls you placed and how many hours you were on the phone. They didn't care about retention of the student or putting a student in a bad situation.
Pros
Pay was good, benefits were good
Cons
Bad management
Enjoyable atmosphere
Strategic Alliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2017
Walden University is a growing organization that shows support in helping students achieve their education goals. Walden believes in Here for Good capacity that students can apply their knowledge to be change agents in their communities.
Pros
flexible, positive culture of learning
Small MPLS office
Manager and Advisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2017
This is a good company, but there is little room for advancement in the mpls office. Most of the jobs are on the east coast.
Good university
Student (Former Employee) –  OnlineFebruary 13, 2017
I was a student, not an employee. Great university. The university specialises in learning in an online environment which promoted convenience and diversity.
Professional and suportive place to teach
Baltimore, Contributing Faculty (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 12, 2017
This institution based on my profession opinion is one of top organizations to work for. The organization has a strong management support system, strong social responsibility and customer based.
Pros
Challenging and refreshing
Cons
Being part-time there is a chance of not gaining contracts
Full Time Student
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 29, 2017
Studied principles of management, marketing, and economics to gain comprehensive understanding of domestic and international business operations.

• Worked in groups of up to 10 to complete studies of project management, business practices, innovation, corporate finance and accounting principles
Pros
Comprehensive MBA Program