Walden University

Walden University Employer Reviews

Great opportunity to be a mentor
RN Care Manager (Current Employee), OnlineDecember 10, 2014
Mentoring and providing education to nursing students is such as exceptional opportunity.
Cubicle atmosphere was good
ENROLLMENT ADVISOR (Current Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 20, 2014
Pros: percentage off education
Cons: no comment
Walden is an online university, growing quickly. Their management style is not quite on cue with call center operations necessarily perhaps due to lack of being able to compensate per customer acquired. Management is a monitor/emcee positon. No budgets, projections or accountability assigned. I remained for a number of years due to relatively sane mangers but the intense push for monetary growth with operations stagnation is a bad combination.
A Typical Day at Walden
Financial Aid Administrator (Former Employee), Exetor Street Baltimore, Md.November 9, 2014
Pros: everything was very easy, all on the computer systems
Cons: no face to face customer service
Most of the work in financial Aid was virtual. There was not any face to face interaction.

Daily you would work in three or four databases and enter and or delete awards according to student's eligibility.
Nice place
Professor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 4, 2014
I liked Walden. However it is so big that the instructors kind of get lost in the maze.
sales
Education Advisor/Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 28, 2014
education sales- great company was able to grow
large company with 3500 employees
able to relocate if that was the desire
beneficial for advancement
Residency Student (Current Employee), Summerville, SCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: home online
Cons: difficult to get professors to agree
Residency student working on Masters and PhD at same time, on line learning work from home flexible time.
Fun work environment
Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2014
Pros: great leadership
Cons: short breaks
A great career job. I'm freshly out of college and feel challenged intellectually and i enjoy all of the opportunity for advancement. Leadership and fellow co-workers always pushing for success. An inspirational work environment.
Very rewarding and flexible job
Contributing Faculty (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no face-to-face interaction
*A typical day at work includes myself and my laptop in any environment.
*I have learned to manage my time very well.
*Management is excellent at Walden University.
*My co-workers are great!
*The hardest part of the job is to convey my personality via electronic communication (e.g. discussion board, student lounge, etc.) as opposed to a face-to-face environment.
*The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others attain their educational goals in addition to the flexibility of the job.
Challenging and fast-paced work enviornment
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 5, 2014
Pros: challenging on a daily basis, coworkers are very intelligent and fun.
Cons: continuously answering the phones is very customer-service based and can be somewhat overwhelming.
As an academic advisor, I managed phone, voicemail, email, and appointments throughout the day, specializing in advising Masters of Education students. I serve on the Academic Petitions Committee aiding in problem-solving for students who experienced extenuating circumstances during their courses. I have completed all of my work by deadlines, reached all of the goals given to me, and was rated "exceeds expectations" in a variety of areas on my yearly review. I enjoy being a part of the "Social Events Committee", which I co-chair with a colleague, in recoginzing birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, and planning/organizing quarterly service events where we volunteer in the local community.
Excellent place to work
Online Contributing Faculty (Former Employee), OnlineApril 17, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: lms is not up to date
Great school with good management , good students and good classes, its one of the few online schools where you can learn something.
Ok place to work, pay lower than other online universities.
Nursing Faculty Member (Current Employee), remoteApril 4, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pay, large class size
The work environment is ok. Pay is less than some other online schools. Class sizes are larger than many other online schools as well. Contributing faculty is not invited to be involved in many school activities and planning.
practical curriculum and flexible schedule
GRADUATE STUDENT (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 26, 2014
The MHA program at Walden University was a practical curriculum with a flexible schedule.
Loyal Organization
Academic Advisor/Training Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, loyal organization
Cons: inability to move within organization, low opportunity for advancement
* Walden offers secure job environment
* Walden offers great discounts for employees interested in pursuing higher education
* The Academic Advising department employs highly-skilled, intelligent, and educated people to serve as support for students
* The company offers opportunity to work outside of academic advising boundaries on tasks and projects that interest me on a personal level
* The university is committed to opening the lines of communication between departments and engage employees at all levels of the organization in decision-making processes
Adult Educato/Trainer/Perfomance Improvement Specialist
International Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), MarylandFebruary 4, 2014
An adult educator with a passion for community development and a global approach.
University that provides top-notch education
Student Teacher (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandFebruary 2, 2014
Walden is a great university that provided an awesome learning experience complete with professional and efficient professors who are willing to provide the necessary support to students.
Good univerisy, great curriculum
Contributing Faculty (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: offers opportunities for students and faculty.
Cons: course offerings vary from term to term.
The purpose of this school is great - to give students opportunities and to support social change. However, not every student has the skills necessary to pursue a graduate degree and this can create a challenge for faculty.
Great School
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2013
I got a great degree of experience at this school. The classes were able to bring the material to life. I got to work with problems that I wouldn't have gotten to otherwise.
Great office environment. Awesome people, awesome team
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2013
Build rapport with perspective students. Qualify them for programs .Align prospects with proper program to allow to accomplish goals, and help with enrollment process. Provide awesome customer service.
Overworked and under appreciated
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), Columbia, MDOctober 27, 2013
It's all about who you know and who's butt you are willing to kiss. I have a Master's degree and was making less than some of the high school grads that worked there. No fairness!
Learned a lot about the process of online learning
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2013
Learned a lot about the process of online learning and the standards

1 2 3