Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Do not work for hilton !!
Server (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLDecember 29, 2016
They hire you for a position then expect you to do 5 other positions. They work you into the ground. You can't take breaks or lunch. The employees say they're paid slaves.
Benefits
Cons
You're a paid slave
very articulate respectful and fun place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  301 park Avenue nycDecember 6, 2016
I enjoy working at the Waldorf Astoria hotel it's a challenging environment. High class landmark politian hotel. Very famous rich in historical beauty
Is it very fun to work Waldorf.
Night Cleaner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2016
It is special place to work, especially when people ask me about my work place and tell them I work in Waldorf, they said wow. It makes me special.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care
Fun and positive learning work environment
Night Auditor/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTSeptember 26, 2016
Waldorf Astoria is one of the top tier companies in hospitality to work with and well known. It was a privilege to work in this company! Learn new things, I did see many staff in a year promote twice or transfer to different departments. this is great if you decide you want the fast track to general manager. I was deciding hospitality or education, I chose education. If however I chose hospitality, I would of stayed with Hilton chain especially Waldorf Astoria, the had the best Paid time off ever I cashed mine out when I left which was nice bonus!
Pros
Free Drycleaning for uniforms, leadership training PTO, communication team work
Cons
Long hours and working holidays but that is in hospitality so expect it.
very nice place, they make you feel more then just a housekipings
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2016
is the best place to learn to work, everyone works glad this place is beautiful
the food is delicious, the heads golly everyone is very happy here
you work hard but very good place and have many benefits
Pros
the food is awesome
Cons
$3.00 the meal plate
excellent place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2016
I loved it and they offered so much within the company and outside the company. just a wonderful place to work. It offers you so much in and out side of the company. and the benefits are great
Pros
bennefits, hours, pay
No true professional need apply.
Pastry cook 1 (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 26, 2016
In regards to my time at the bake shop in the Arizona Biltmore.

Typical day at work???
For those whom bake the " fresh croissants and Danish" ... You begin your work as a box unpacker and end your day as a muffin scooper. Absoultley no bakers skill required.
For those " decorating" prepare yourself for whip cream and Butter(crisco)cream... Creative liberty isn't allowed. It must look ametureish or else...well you'll meet the pastry "chef". Prepare to cook tons of creme brûlée. Don't worry, it's easy, one gallon of cream to one bag of powder; it's also used for "flan" and well anything!
If your on production: prepare for "groundhog day". Cleaning the disaster that is the freezer will be the only thing the breaks the routine of this position. Also beware of- untamed coworkers critique ( don't feel bad, they believe they are chopped judges), constant surveillance, and overbearing opinions of ppl who no nothing of what they speak of.

I learned I can tolerate abuse and harassment for 8 months. I learned where the EEOC is located in Phoenix AZ. And where the better business bureau is....and trusting no one.

Managment is a Mess....unorganized and unprofessional...I could go on for paragraphs but sometimes less is more. If you have the misfortune of encountering this disaster. Well ....only God can help you.

Co workers- my first day I was told " trust no one". Should have known then. However, I was naive. I never truly belived that deep down inside a person there can be a NO glimmer of hope. Working here is like gangrene....you don't get rid of it early on it
  more... infects everything. There are two employees there that have been there for 5-3 years. That's all I will say about those two, once you find out who those are... run away from them and never tell them any secrets or details of your life. They ARE the disease that resides in the bakery.

Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving and realizing that life goes on!!!
Pros
Free lunch ( but if you eat here, you better get that health insurance)
Cons
Umh
Great place to work if you enjoy being micromanaged and constantly harassed by your boss on a daily basis.
Golf Shop attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2016
If you're looking to work in an environment where you're valued and appreciated, look elsewhere! With management being extremely inconsistent and prejudiced, its no secret the turnover rate is as high as it is. On the flip side, you will walk away with the following: What not to do!
Pros
NA
Good People
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 9, 2015
The employees at the beach club are great to work with the customers can be good or bad like anywhere else. If there is a guest issue each employee can do whats needs to happen in order to make it right for the guest.