Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

One of the best places to work.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day would be coming at at 4 and setting the bar up for success. Make sure all juices, garnishes, liquor, wine, kegs were ready. Clean and organize. Polish glassware etc.
Pros
Good team
Cons
No bar back help
great company to work for
Cook 2/Cook 3/Kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2018
long hours, worked all over the property, different locations. very competative workplace. i was there for 3 years. would of loved to relocate to a different property
Pros
career advancement
Cons
long hours, hard on family life
Waldorf
Group Reservations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTDecember 27, 2017
Not a bad place to work. They definitely are cheap when it comes to wages. Being in reservations, I saw the rates that were being charged. Many stays were more than my annual salary. The level of service expectation at this property is not matched to what they are willing to pay.
fast pace
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PRDecember 27, 2017
work in the hk department and it is frustrating because you never had the necessary equipment to successful complete your task and the management was terrible
Awesome place to work
Director, National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Las Croabas, PRDecember 13, 2017
Great people in a fantastic environment - everyone pitches in. We have great teamwork! We share a common goal which is to provide fantastic experiences for our guests. It is a winning formula, because guests come back!

The people and culture in Puerto Rico is amazing.
Pros
the people
Cons
hurricanes
first actual operating engineer job
Watch Engineer/HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2017
i was promoted within 6 months which was good for my learning experience,i was given a big position in a short amount of time, kinda of scary at first but after getting to know the equipment
Pros
promoted quick
Cons
lack job advancement
Not as grand as you would expect
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wailea, HIDecember 1, 2017
Good place to be if you didn’t have a poor manager who catered more to the poor performing workers and screwed over good workers. Co workers are the worst. I had a horrible manager who acted like she cared and did not. Wrongfully blaming/accusing people. Hr does nothing as well, they act like they care when they don’t.
Pros
Decent Pay, Good Benefits, Friendly Guests
Cons
Too much cliques, Managers do nothing about it, giving better shifts to bad workers
Productive and fun working place.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Fajardo, PRDecember 1, 2017
A typical day at work am would be very fast paced for breakfast preparation and lunch. I have learned to anticipate my guest needs and likes to ensure their needs are met.
Management is very supportive and work hand in hand with us.
Our hotel culture we are all responsible to ensure guest satisfaction, we are all one.
The most challenging part of our duties is not having the instruments or material to accomplish our task.
The most satisfying is when our guest are impressed and satisfied with our services.
Pros
It is never a dull moment
Cons
When the season slows down
Wouldn't work here
Event Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
I havent worked here since it was acquired by the Chinese so I'm hoping the culture is different. I had some managers who were very unprofessional and didn't deserve their titles. Hope that place is doing better.
Good work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTNovember 14, 2017
Waldorf provides a great service of employees and has great program to help you qualify for a future passion and move up. Great environment to work and very friendly co-workers.
My review
Hospitality Management Military Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2017
I worked in three different departments. I worked in loss prevention, back of house, and front desk and all were very fun and fast pace but highly enjoyable.
Unfair, cliques, they want so much of you but little pay, and they're is too much drama
Barista (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CANovember 13, 2017
Too much drama, their are little groups. The scheduale isn't fair. Its always certain workers working specific shifts due to the favoritism. Good works get unnoticed. The managers are disrespectful, unprofessional and act childish.
Friendly and fair.
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2017
I really enjoy early shifts and it was always available. Supervisor is friendly and understanding. Working in cafeteria made it possible to relate to all employees, family atmosphere. Some employees can be difficult but not impossible to satisfy. Working with my crew was enjoyable, always helped each other, teamwork. I thought this would be the place where I would reach retirement but the hotel was sold and the new owners want to convert some rooms into condominiums, the hotel closes for a few years. My return to the hotel is an option when the moment arrives.
Pros
Wages and benefits.
Excellent work place
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2017
Great benefits great hours great pay chance for advancement. Great training people friendly. Schedule good to work with. Clean environment organized. Best place to work.
Most important is having people skills in communication.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10022November 1, 2017
Arriving for work with positive working team members. Always ready for new assignments. Setting Banquet tables for guests, for their fine dinning experience. Also had the privilege to work with people from all over the world. The Management team are truly professionals in the Banquet industry .The hardest part of the job in question, was the turnover from lunch to dinner It never ceases that you would serve Presidents, Dignitaries, Heads of States ,CEO's, and celebrities alike. This is the most enjoyable part of this job experience.
Pros
free Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Excelente restaurante
Server Assistant/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLOctober 31, 2017
Un lugar romántico frente a la playa bajo la luz de la luna
Pros
Excelente comida
Cons
Gran area expuesta a la intemperie
Company going through changes
In Room Dining server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2017
Not satified or happy with work experience here. Company going through changes got caught in a bad position there. I wish I never started employment with this company.
The Roosevelt had a lot of ups and downs when it came to management.
Food and Beverage Intern (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 23, 2017
When I was a food and beverage intern at The Roosevelt, I was concerned about the management. The work ethic within the kitchen was unorganized. I quickly learned the difference between someone passionate about their work and just there to cut a check.
A great place to work!
Barista/Tea trainer (Current Employee) –  Crescent BarOctober 22, 2017
The Company is wonderful!
One of the first things they said is don't be afraid of making a mistake, anything can be fixed.
That gave me such confidante. I made sure as I trained others to relate this thought.
I always looked forward to going into work.
I loved meeting all the guests and being able to make there day as special as I could.
I felt like we were all one big family.
If I was not relocating to Greenville I would never leave!
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
not set days
Groups
Spa Supervisor & Manager (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PROctober 12, 2017
I was in charge of the purchases, customer services related, payroll, spa reports. unpredictable day at work some days were very busy some were very slow. Management was great to speak to and very reliable, Silence is Golden was our culture at the Spa, Hardes part was trying to accommodate everyone for services to make sure everybody was happy. Most enjoyable working with people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2