Waldorf Astoria Employee Reviews in United States

Proud to be a part of the Hilton family!
Server (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTMay 25, 2016
It's been an amazing experience since day one. I've had the opportunity to work with so many talented individuals. The hardest part about this particular property is management turnover. I've had 37 restaurant managers since we opened our doors in 2009. The best part about this job is hearing that it's the best fining experience that my guests have ever had....because of my service. Of course, I couldn't provide excellence without my kitchen backing me up.
Fast Pace Job
Ramp Doorman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 11, 2016
its a fast pace environment, get to meet and interact with a lot of people from all over the world. all the coworkers are young and bring energy to the hospitality industry
Trial by fire - but you learn a lot.
MDP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
Tough place to work but you learn a lot about how to manage yourself and others. Very competitive team, but again you learn so much from this competition. I would suggest any young manager to try their development program as it has truly developed me in every facet. However- long hours and constant stress can definitely weigh you down. You have to be very dedicated to succeed so prepare yourself for some hard work.
Most Beautiful Property I've Ever Worked On
Food & Beverage Services – Hostess, Palm Court (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 16, 2015
The attitude of the guests can brighten your day. Because I am customer service oriented, the smiles that I bring to each guest make coming to work easy. Activities and Events tries hard to bring the staff to one-accord, but the underlying sense of hierarchy won’t ever make that possible. The administration has a clear divide and the idea of staff-unity is non-existent.
Rich with History
Concierge Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at the Waldorf Astoria. The Clients can be demanding but thats do to the amazing standard and atmosphere that the hotel has set.
learned more about the clientele or demographic
ROOM SERVICE SUPERVISOR / TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2015
the guests of a 5 star hotel drive policy and that is it. know your guest and succeed here is what i learned. downfall is there is always a hater, more money more problems mostly with fellow workers and jealousy i like to have fun and when a job is reduced to that it becomes unsatisfying in a big way and influences the way you view the job. the money is great though and if you can reconcile with the prvious then it works out very well.
A good place to work with a freindly atmosphere.
Housekeeping Rooms Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
This job is pretty repetitive with the primary duties are to take phone calls and dispatch information the intended parties. The environment is a good one with everyone there being very friendly and willing to help you out. Management is good but some favoritism is there but it is just under the surface. Some coworkers do more than others but it can go unnoticed with the fast moving environment.
Pros
free meals
Admin. Asst. to the Director of Prop. Operations (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 13, 2014
Working in the Engineering Dept, there was no such thing as a normal day, which made the job interesting
Restaurant/ Bar with huge potential
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTOctober 21, 2014
This is supposed to be a high end restaurant/bar. The patrons pay big money, but this part of the hotel is doomed to fail. Constantly changing managers, make it hard to adapt.
Typical day is stocking and serving high end food and alcohol.
Workers feel under appreciated, managers feel burdened.
My favorite thing of working here was being able to enlighten people to great cocktails and high end spirits.
Pros
high end customers
Cons
managers are burdened with insults and unreal expectations
Very little management support and subpar service standards
Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work involved working for a minimum of eight hours with no break, the management team provided very little communication, they were inconsistent in their disciplinary actions and provided minimal support. The drastic decline in business lowered employee morale and the lack of knowledge among some members of the management staff made it difficult to even acknowledge them as authority figures. The company's handling of inappropriate staff members was embarrassing to say the least, ultimately fostering a hostile work environment
benefits
Cons
inept management team
Productive work area with great staff
Housekeeping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2014
A typical day for me at the Waldorf Astioria involves making every guest feel right at home by answering and expediting all requests. As being part of the management team I've learned how to get things done not only on time but in the best manner. Working for the Hilton brand has introduced me to so much such as different cultures, what it takes to get the job done, and gratitude. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the guests happy and knowing im providing luxury service.
Pros
free lunches, discounted hotel prices, great management
Cons
short breaks
Fun work environment
Banquet Associate (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PRJune 19, 2014
I worked as a banquet associate at the Waldorf Astoria. I was in charge of getting the rooms ready for special events and parties. I also had to serve and clean up after guests. I learned how to work in a very fast working environment and to speak to guest clear and efficient. My managers were great. Very friendly and great teachers. The hardest part of the job was barley getting any sleep. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to the private island of the hotel and setting up the parties and watching the guests dance and have fun.
Satisfying customers to assure they have luxury service.
Bartender-Server-Private Dining (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FlMay 22, 2014
Sell, Serve food and beverage. Then deliver to rooms for intimate, private dining experience. everyone was like family to me at work. We made it fun as well as projecting professionalism. What I learned from Barbra Pert was priceless, INTEGRITY and to relax in times of stress when busy. The hardest part of my job was trying not to sweat. lots of walking and levels of floors when delivering orders. Loved working Private Dining as well as Bar-tending at the Private Country Club for members and tournaments, wedding, etc.....
Pros
great tips
Cons
sweating and when short handed very busy lots of miles on the feet :)
Great place to work and Advance your career
Banquet Set-up Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2014
A typical day at work would be very busy running two properties. I was blessed to have worked with some of the best in the business when I was apart of the company and I learned a lot from them. Management was always good to me. My co-workers were Great! The hardest part of the job was Time management because between two properties if you made a mistake it would create a disaster. The people and the clients were the most enjoyable part of the job.
A wonderful enviroment for everyone
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 9, 2014
typical day at work would be come in set up for the day, go over everything that might be happening that day. What I learned was luxury language and skills working there. Always have to be the best of yourself. Management was great! Great communication with one another. My coworkers were awesome the best I've ever work with. The hardest part of my job was pleasing every guest because every guest has a special need and sometimes it was difficult meeting that need for them. The most enjoyable part of my job was how relaxing and comforting Waldorf is. Both guests and employees enjoyed being there.
Pros
great management, great coworkers, benefits, flexibe schedules
Cons
short breaks
Fast Paced and ever changing
Valet (Current Employee) –  Park CityMarch 25, 2014
Theres a constantly changing environment here that is fun to adapt to.
excellent atmosphere
Recreation Supervisor- (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 24, 2014
Excellent atmosphere to work in Naples, FL. Hotel is undergoing some enhancements in the near future, and should turn out wonderful. Management needs some work, but besides that is an overall great place to learn and enrich your career.
Great work environment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2014
Even though it is challenging to work for one of the most famous hotels in the world the crew is definitely the most stimulating and enthusiastic to work with.
Handle customer service issues
Guest Billing Coordinator - Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Handle customer service issues in guest billing. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help when needed.
very fun and comfortable, environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
i would recommend, Waldorf for everyone, co-worker are friendly always willing to help. very comfortable, and team player
Pros
free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waldorf Astoria. Our community is ready to answer.