Waldorf Astoria Employee Reviews

Ok place to be,
Guest service supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2017
Management does not advance team members based on work ethic, or skills. Most team members are give the position based on who they know. If they learn to give ppl a chance based on how they interact and positive response of clients they would get better reviews and more clients wanting to stay with them when they reopen.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
everything
A Good Place to work.
Beach ops / Pool attendant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 9, 2017
The hardest part of the job was moving the chairs back and forth everyday.Hourly rate should be increased.... otherwise everything is well equipped and balanced.. Managers and supervisors are very helpful and friendly. They arranged various party and fun events....
Pros
Tips
Cons
Hard work
Pastry Cook
Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 11, 2017
Really large place, but the staff I worked with was very close knit. Small pastry crew with a lot of passion. Hiring process was a nice introduction with a lot of information and time to get acclimated.
It was a good atmosphere
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2017
Great atmosphere in assisting with processing employee's paycheck. It can be a little stressful, but it was fun. Our team knew when to get down and dirty when it comes specific tasks.
Pros
Free Lunch
Fun people, pay not up to my needs.
Manager- Loss Prevention (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2017
It's a fun place to work just because the people I work with. However in this current economy people just aren't tipping the way they used to.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Too relient on people's generosity
Na
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Park City, UT 84098January 28, 2017
So far I love the culture. High regard is given to all employees and gifts. People really like it there and I am very grateful to be a party of the team.
good job
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2016
nice place everyone is nice . I try to tell everyone they are hiring. some people never apply but it is a good place to work befor ethe officially close.
Exciting and fabulous ambiance to work.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10022June 7, 2016
Typical day:
Departmental payroll preparation
Bank reports and posting of payments to the GL
Managed seven people in General Books area
Worked well with all co-workers and staff in other departments
Monthly reconciliations
Month end closing
I enjoyed doing reconciliations and dealing with bank reports
I enjoyed working with other departments dealing with day to day aspects of the company
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits
Cons
Turn over in other departments and retraining their staff
Proud to be a part of the Hilton family!
Server (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTMay 25, 2016
It's been an amazing experience since day one. I've had the opportunity to work with so many talented individuals. The hardest part about this particular property is management turnover. I've had 37 restaurant managers since we opened our doors in 2009. The best part about this job is hearing that it's the best fining experience that my guests have ever had....because of my service. Of course, I couldn't provide excellence without my kitchen backing me up.
Fast Pace Job
Ramp Doorman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 11, 2016
its a fast pace environment, get to meet and interact with a lot of people from all over the world. all the coworkers are young and bring energy to the hospitality industry
Trial by fire - but you learn a lot.
MDP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
Tough place to work but you learn a lot about how to manage yourself and others. Very competitive team, but again you learn so much from this competition. I would suggest any young manager to try their development program as it has truly developed me in every facet. However- long hours and constant stress can definitely weigh you down. You have to be very dedicated to succeed so prepare yourself for some hard work.
Most Beautiful Property I've Ever Worked On
Food & Beverage Services – Hostess, Palm Court (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 16, 2015
The attitude of the guests can brighten your day. Because I am customer service oriented, the smiles that I bring to each guest make coming to work easy. Activities and Events tries hard to bring the staff to one-accord, but the underlying sense of hierarchy won’t ever make that possible. The administration has a clear divide and the idea of staff-unity is non-existent.
Rich with History
Concierge Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at the Waldorf Astoria. The Clients can be demanding but thats do to the amazing standard and atmosphere that the hotel has set.
learned more about the clientele or demographic
ROOM SERVICE SUPERVISOR / TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2015
the guests of a 5 star hotel drive policy and that is it. know your guest and succeed here is what i learned. downfall is there is always a hater, more money more problems mostly with fellow workers and jealousy i like to have fun and when a job is reduced to that it becomes unsatisfying in a big way and influences the way you view the job. the money is great though and if you can reconcile with the prvious then it works out very well.
A good place to work with a freindly atmosphere.
Housekeeping Rooms Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
This job is pretty repetitive with the primary duties are to take phone calls and dispatch information the intended parties. The environment is a good one with everyone there being very friendly and willing to help you out. Management is good but some favoritism is there but it is just under the surface. Some coworkers do more than others but it can go unnoticed with the fast moving environment.
Pros
Free Meals
Admin. Asst. to the Director of Prop. Operations (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 13, 2014
Working in the Engineering Dept, there was no such thing as a normal day, which made the job interesting
Restaurant/ Bar with huge potential
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTOctober 21, 2014
This is supposed to be a high end restaurant/bar. The patrons pay big money, but this part of the hotel is doomed to fail. Constantly changing managers, make it hard to adapt.
Typical day is stocking and serving high end food and alcohol.
Workers feel under appreciated, managers feel burdened.
My favorite thing of working here was being able to enlighten people to great cocktails and high end spirits.
Pros
High end customers
Cons
Managers are burdened with insults and unreal expectations
Very little management support and subpar service standards
Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work involved working for a minimum of eight hours with no break, the management team provided very little communication, they were inconsistent in their disciplinary actions and provided minimal support. The drastic decline in business lowered employee morale and the lack of knowledge among some members of the management staff made it difficult to even acknowledge them as authority figures. The company's handling of inappropriate staff members was embarrassing to say the least, ultimately fostering a hostile work environment
Benefits
Cons
Inept management team
Productive work area with great staff
Housekeeping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2014
A typical day for me at the Waldorf Astioria involves making every guest feel right at home by answering and expediting all requests. As being part of the management team I've learned how to get things done not only on time but in the best manner. Working for the Hilton brand has introduced me to so much such as different cultures, what it takes to get the job done, and gratitude. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the guests happy and knowing im providing luxury service.
Pros
Free lunches, discounted hotel prices, great management
Cons
short breaks
Fun work environment
Banquet Associate (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PRJune 19, 2014
I worked as a banquet associate at the Waldorf Astoria. I was in charge of getting the rooms ready for special events and parties. I also had to serve and clean up after guests. I learned how to work in a very fast working environment and to speak to guest clear and efficient. My managers were great. Very friendly and great teachers. The hardest part of the job was barley getting any sleep. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to the private island of the hotel and setting up the parties and watching the guests dance and have fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waldorf Astoria. Our community is ready to answer.