Walgreens Infusion Services

Walgreens Infusion Services Employer Reviews

Out for themselves
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJuly 21, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits were good
Cons: horrible manangement
I am sure if it is company wide or not, but the location I was working at was very ugly. Management was just looking out for themselves and they were very quick to throw you under the bus. On top of all that, each department head were always blaming each other for any mistake. They are also very clickly. If you were not part of the group forget, you – more... were on your own. – less
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 30, 2014
I loved work I did. It was a great feeling to successfully set up someones therapy. I worked from 9-6, Mon-Fri.
Nothing except work non-stop
IV Certified Pharmacy Technician III (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 11, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no workout room or anything extra-curricular.
The day is non stop. You do learn what is expected of you and more. There is not to much micro management, but there is some. Co-workers are like any other. The hardest part of the job is accepting that there is no escape. The most enjoyable part of the job is that once it is done, you go home.
Amazing experience working with friendly coworkers !!
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Sun Valley, CAMay 5, 2014
My first stable job since i had been working temporary jobs.
My experience at Walgreens Infusions Services at Sun Valley Ca was AMAZING. I got to learn different things and got to meett friendly people. Some day I' hope to be back once Im donde with my Pharmacy Tech program.:D
They will hire anyone regardless of experience
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Miramar, FLMarch 18, 2014
Pros: not too much micro managing going on
Cons: coffee is not free, very "clicky" enviornment
I am lucky to have landed a job here. Most people there are either related or very good friends, which how they got their jobs. Too much favoritism, but on the bright side they do promote from within.
We are always busy and co workers are great to be around.
Nursing Patient Scheduler (Current Employee), Tukwila, WANovember 23, 2013
Pros: co workers and guaranteed hours.
Cons: software
The typical day of work is knowing that you would always run into some sort of problem that you would have to solve. It wouldn't be a normal day without this.
I have learned a lot of new things from our nurses and taking on new responsibilities in billing for our nursing visits.
The only thing that I would help manage are the nurses schedules.
My co – more... workers are great to work with. Being around them makes work fun. – less
A fun and great place to work. Always something to do.
Maintenance / Warehouse tech (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NmNovember 4, 2013
Pros: awesome place to work!
Cons: no cons.
Typical day included pulling of orders, delivering of orders, shipping, receiving of orders, helping with front office scanning, answering calls, delivering pharmacy products, tracking equipment, etc.

I learned teamwork and the meaning of true friends.

Co-workers were great!

Nothing hard about the job. I was there for 7 years.

Enjoyable part of – more... the job was driving and delivering to albuquerque, locations and abroad. – less
Great team work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: excellent profit sharing
Check e-mails and voice mails first thing in morning. Complete any new referrals received from email. Contacting referral. Verifying patients insurance before obtaining authorization. Contacting patient to explain insurance coverage, financials and collect copay if any. Contact authorization department to obtain auth. Entering all patient information – more... into I-emphsys. Contact Physicians office or hospital case manager to obtain any clinicals needed for auth approval. Maintained re-authorizations. Collected past due balances from patients.
Working for Walgreens was a great experience. I loved learning about infusion and medications used for infections, diseases, cancers and disorders and the management team was always there to answer questions and keep us updated on any changes.
I consider myself as a team player and motivator, I was always there for my co-workers as they were there for me.
I enjoyed communicating with patients and to resolve any of there issues.
The reason for leaving my position is because I felt that I had to return home to Illinois due to family obligations.

** I am giving overall rating 5 stars not one ,something wrong with system. – less
Looking for Career Advancement
Lead Reimbursement Spec.- Home Infusion Pharmacy (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAJuly 11, 2013
Want to further my career, feeling a bit stifled at this point.
Great place to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Milford, OHApril 20, 2013
Pros: 1 hr lunch, good benefits
Arrivive in the morning and either clean and set up the cleanroom to begin the daily compounding or pull supplies to make sure clean room is stocked depending on what time I had to start that day. Mix compounds using aseptic technique to be delivered to patients homes for infusion.
I enjoyed this company very much
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 8, 2013
Overall I enjoyed my work at this company. i learned more than ever from all of the staff
A decent place to work overall until new management came in
RN (Former Employee), Coopersville, MIFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: working with a crew of very responsible and specialty nurses
Cons: management
I learned many valuable lessons in IV infusion, being able to work with adults and children. I did a lot of teaching in the homes of many diverse people and origins. I worked with a number of fabulous nurses with an expertise in IV therapy including central lines, implanted ports, for example. I was also a clinical liaison for the hospitals, working – more... up new clients for IV therapy at home. – less
Productive and Friendly Workplace
Medical Office Administrator (Former Employee), Englewood, ColoradoFebruary 5, 2013
Working in the front office here was very interesting. You begin to learn more and more about the pharmaceutical part of the medical field, and what diseases require what kind of medication. The management is very kind and fun to be around, and your co-workers were polite and more than willing to help. I think that the most difficult part of the job – more... was making sure that the calls that cam in were transferred to the appropriate people, especially when those few that called in were unsure of who they needed to talk to in the first place. The most enjoyable part of the job was, quite honestly, the people I worked with. They are an awesome group, and I would recommend this company to anyone. – less
Top down organization and communication inefficient.
Regional Heart Failure Manager (Former Employee), Deerfield, IlJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: travel, new cultures, national events
I coached many eager AE's in the field. That was an amazing experience. Met with their patients, provided educational orrportunities.
Managed Territory budgets and goals.
Coporate office, Deerfield, Illinois. I worked from my home office in McKinney Texas..
Disfunctional...disfunctional...disfunctional.
Medical Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Roseville, MNDecember 22, 2012
Pros: provide enough kleenex for an 8 hour shift of constant outbursts from crying employees
Cons: management
If you like name calling, deer in headlight responses, constant reminders that you are not valued, and no help from your managment team(because they are constantly having to re-attend management skill classes for idiots)than this is an ideal place of employment for you.

January 1, 2013

Whom ever had the balls to post this review, kudos! The only thing I would add is; "Shame on you Walgreens", don't ever forget how powerfull the "word of mouth" is! Just ask Walmart...your following right in thier footsteps!

March 10, 2013

I agree, I could not have left this place fast enough. So sad. Great co-workers, GM, management, corporate...not so much!

Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), E Providence, RIDecember 14, 2012
I enjoyed working for Walgreens. I learned alot about billing and collecting from my co-workers who were always there to help me. We made a great team.
Nice Laid Back Atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee), Clarkston, GANovember 13, 2012
Pros: great enviroment, friendly staff, ability to be promoted
I enjoyed working at this company. Management was awesome. The co-workers are so friendly and willing to help with anything.
very flexable schedule
RN (Current Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDJuly 15, 2012
Pros: flexability with schedule
Cons: alot of driving
Ability to make my own schedule, Love teaching aspect, and continuity of care.
Driving is a bit much at times.