Walgreens

8.7K reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Having to deal with difficulties in customers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), The Colony, TXAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Got the customer directions
Cons: Wasnt part of the job requirements
One Day i was at Walgreens I had a customer that needed directions,not knowing where i was i decided to get out the map and point out directions to the customer she was greatly appreciated then decided to call the 1800 number for headquarters to attain to my service.
Treats employees like dirt
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Pay, management, overworked
They ask an enormous amount of work out of their employees with very little pay. Management does not care about things that happen outside of work with family. My co workers were great and a lot of fun to work with. However, for being such a large company, they can afford to pay their employees more than what they do for the miniature paychecks they offer.
okay atompshere
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Queens, NYAugust 30, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: low pay
Long/ short days at work
everything is done in a timely manner
no time really to take breaks if your in management
dealing with rude customers is a hard task at times
the employments make my day go fast dealing with different personalities.
Productive always pleasing the customers
Manager (Former Employee), Eastpointe, MIAugust 30, 2015
A typical day at Walgreens was great it always felt good to make customer's day. I have learned how to listen before speaking and that everyone is different. Managing was great because I love motivating, – more... and teaching others. My co-workers and I always respected each other and I always encouraged communication. I had not experienced a hard part of working at Walgreens I enjoyed my job. the most enjoyable times was the team work, it was like we all were family and everyone did our job and more. – less
Nice and easy place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), San JoseAugust 30, 2015
Pros: 15-20% store wide discount
Cons: Bad Scheduling
Very easy place, but the pay is extremely low. I loved my managers and co-workers, but I will have to move on because I can't afford to go to college if I keep working at Walgreens.
Amazing Workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 30, 2015
I only worked there for 200 hours for practice in the pharmacy. I enjoyed the co-workers and customers. Everyone was really nice and I learned many things while working there.
Wasted my entired career
Department Manager (Current Employee), MidwestAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Can work locally. There is one on every corner.
Cons: Employees are considered to be useful idiots.
My entire management career has been with Walgreens. I am near retirement and have witnessed Walgreens reducing benefits, often without notice. All they do is take away from your wallet.

This most – more... recent pay cut of $3 an hour has caused great hardship, so much so that as I am an inch away from retirement, I have to look for another job.

My vacation and retirement benefits will now be configured on the lesser wage. How cheap is that????? Run in the other direction as far as you can. – less
I absolutely love my position as a Pharmacy Tech/ Sales Rep.
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 29, 2015
Provided assistance with the customer, Handling medications and refills. Walgreens Enviroment was very warming and each day was excited. The company expect a lot from the employees but gave us bonus and show great appreciation during the holidays. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was knowing I was appreciated on the job.
dull work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 29, 2015
Pros: good pay, great benefits
Cons: managers lied about many things
there were many things i was told would happen during my hiring that made me want to work here, they were all lies. walgreens is a horrible place to work, they move you from store to store, the hours are horrible and the managers are horrible
A typical day at work
Registered Pharmacist (Former Employee), Medway, MAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Walgreens professional image and management was the most enjoyable part of my employment
Cons: New Management changes less pharmacy help to properly address the needs of customers
Filing prescriptions, answering phones responding to messages and faxes waiting on customers, ringing up sales consulting with patients about their medications or insurance issues
It was productive and lots of fun with co-workers and the customers.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: one half hour for lunh
Cons: some times missed breaks
Walgreen's was a very enjoyable place to work. The customers are wonderful and so friendly and I am very friendly to the customers. With a smile on my face made it easier for the customers to deal with – more... me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the other employees. Every one was so nice and really accepted me as an employee.
There was many things to do and I had new tasks along with the projects I was normally ready to accomplish.
The overall rating working at Walgreen's was great. I would rate it as 100% – less
Great part time place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Merced, CAAugust 28, 2015
I have been working here for three years and it has been a pleasure even though sometimes it could get a little bit hectic but a good experience overall.
Decent place for first job
Intern (Former Employee), Lake Elsinore, CAAugust 28, 2015
An ok office environment for a first time/ temp job. Only went in once a month or so, didn't allow for much growth. Didn't get to learn very much, boss was very unattached and uninvolved.
very family oreintated place that allowed for family situations
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARAugust 28, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: very little chance to advance in the company
I typically had basic jobs that I had to complete and I would accomplish them as best I could in between taking care of what customer needs I had at the time, I learned to do some of the basic management – more... jobs, and got along well with all my coworkers, I believe the worst part of the job was the unloading of the trucks cause some of that was pretty heavy lifting.
I enjoyed doing that job because I developed close relationships with most of my frequent customers. – less
Pharmacy Technician Extermship
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), warwick riAugust 28, 2015
A fun place to work with a welcoming feeling. The manager was very helpful and supportive of what was needed to be thought and learned. The co-works went above and beyond to help teach as much as they – more... could, even things that will not be used until a career is started for me.There was things that needed to be done at all times, filling prescriptions, rotating stock, putting in refills from an Rx number or an auto refill. Looking up patients is a very import part to make sure you have the right person and right medication as well of any interactions a new drug may have on another drug. – less
N/A
Customer Service (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2015
The first duty of cashier is to greet the customers entering into organization

Handling all the cash transaction of an organization

Receive payment by cash, and credit card etc

Checking daily cash accounts

Guiding and solving queries of customer

Providing training and assistance to new joined cashier

Maintaining monthly, weekly and daily report of transactions
Productive and interesting workplace; There was never a dull moment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Forest, MSAugust 28, 2015
Pros: The satisfaction of knowing you made a customers day easier of better.
Cons: The pay was low.
On a typical day I would stock or rearrange shelves when I was not checking customers out. I learned the importance of customer service and how being friendly can make or break a persons day. The hardest – more... part of the job was getting everything perfectly neat by the end of the shift between checking out customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that the customer you helped left happy. They are the corner of happy and healthy. I wish I still worked for them "sometimes". – less
Enjoy the co-workers I worked with.
S.I.M.S Coordinator/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Low pay
Typical day consist of resetting the shelves and placing orders on items that we are sunning low. I learned how to organize myself in taking care of the inventory, sign out the venders as well as give – more... the crew their assigned breaks. Management was very helpful in helping learn how to manage a business.
The hardest part of the job was multitasking and still finishing my assigned work on time. The most enjoyable part was helping out the customers . – less
Great environment, enjoy working there, great mangers
Cashier (Current Employee), Humble TXAugust 28, 2015
Pros: great environment, able to talk to the managers, great manager
Cons: work holidays like christmas, thanksgiving, new years
Have managers that I can come to if there's a problem at work, enjoy working there. The managers always have my back when there's a problem with customers.
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), WisconsinAugust 28, 2015
Enjoy working with customers and co-workers. Enjoy the job duties and expectations of the job. Typical day includes, but is not limited to, cashier operations, communication with customers, and money management.
Headquarters