Walgreens
7,893 reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Decent job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 28, 2015
The job is okay for a student. It is pretty fun getting move around alternating between photo department, stocker, cashier. Though I'm hired as a Pharmacy Technician, I guess they like the way I work when I was training as a cashier.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Schererville, INMay 28, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: pay is low
Walgreens is all about the customers and making sure every customer is satisfied with their shopping experience. I learned a lot in my teenage years just by being in retail. My management is very friendly and great to work for. My coworkers are all so customer and coworker friendly. They're all hard working as well. The worst thing about my job is working late and the best thing about my job is being able to have the opportunity to make others happy and satisfied.
Nice place to work
Photo Technician (Current Employee), Covina, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Generally friend customers.
Cons: Seems like not enough time in the day to complete all tasks.
Walgreens is a place where you know what you are suppose to do. Everyday there is a list of duties you are supposed to complete with the help of management, and co-workers.
A ypical retail job, in a very busy location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: Emloyee Discount
Cons: 24 hours, Busiest location in WNY
Every day I cashed out customers and answered their questions as the "Beauty Adviser". This title also doubled as customer service because I answered and transferred all the calls to the store. I did work at the busiest Walgreens in Western New York, so the store was very busy each and every day. Besides cashing out the customers, I was in charge of restocking and facing all of the products from baby care to shampoo, and makeup to face wash. It wasn't a difficult job, just always on your feet. Management was average when working with availability, but tried to give many hours to the employees. My co workers were very task oriented and friendly. I Enjoyed the employee discount the most.
Review
Customer Service (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: good discount on store brand items
Cons: short breaks
A normal day at work consists of pushing sales to increase store revenue. On a typical day I always learn something new and knowledgeable. Management is always striving for the best an nothing less. My co-workers are excellent to work with we all have a healthy environment around customers and workplace.
It was a productive workplace with a great coworkers
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSMay 27, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: short breaks
My days as shift leads always started with checking the clipboard to see what daily tasks needed to be completed, followed by a walk through of the store. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was my work environment and co-workers. We worked as a team when needed to get tasks completed. I learned how to correct deposits in the computer if there was an error from the previous day. I also learned how to receive money from the bank upon arrival as well as making payments.
walgreens
Pharmacy tech (Current Employee), Lorain, OHMay 27, 2015
Pros: grwoing company
Cons: nothing
they gave me the experience to work in the pharmacy. I learned so much from them, and I'm beyond thankful for that. Walgreens is a growing company and allows co-workers to learn more and move up in the business.
FAST WORKING, CUSOMER SERVICE
stocking associate (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: THE PEOPLE, THE WORKERS
Cons: SHORT BREAKS, SUPERVISOR WAS GONE
THE MANAGMENT WAS GREAT. SUPERVISOR WASNT EVER REALLY THERE. BUT THE CO-WORKERS THERE WERE GREAT, THEY GET STRAIGHT TO WORK LIKE ME AND GET THE JOB DONE, THE HARDEST PART WAS WHEN I COULDNT FIND MY SUPERVISOR OR THE CO SUPERVISOR. THE ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB THAT I LIKE IS THE BREAKS AND GETTING TO MEET EVERYONE.
Usual Retail Experiance
Shift Lead (Current Employee), East Moline, ILMay 27, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Varied Schedules. Close to open shifts, Open all holidays
I am a shift lead. Typical day is get all the work the other managers did not want to do. Bust your butt and get nothing in return. Many shifts where they have you close not getting home til midnight but then have you back for the 6 am shift.
Sometimes Hectic
Service Clerk/Photo Manager (Current Employee), Huntington Station, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: I
I run the photo dept. So I order supplies for my dept and also help customers with their needs. I help keep the store clean. The management does a good job keeping everything in order.
productive and informative
Pharmacy Technician, Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), new jerseyMay 27, 2015
Very strong team.
Coworkers are friendly, motivating, and helpful.
Management also very helpful, and willing. Definitely have your best interest. Helping customers, knowledgeably answering questions, and overall being confident can become very rewarding. I really enjoy being a pharmacy tech.
Great place, always something different going on
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 26, 2015
Real team work, everyone works togeather to get the jobs done. Love the interaction with the employees and the customers. After getting the night before paperwork togeather and balanced, the day is open with some daily scheduled tasks.
Good experience
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee), Miramar, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: Small Staff
Cons: Drive thru customers
After completing the pharm tech course I had an opportunity to intern at local Walgreens Pharmacy which was truly a personal experience for me. I learned alot about dispensing machines, customer service, and pharmaceutical drugs.
Good job but could have been better
Photo Technician (Former Employee), Thomasville, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed working with customers
Cons: not enough hours
Good job with good co-workers but was hard to move up the ladder. Not enough hours to pay the bills.I did enjoy enjoy my position as a Photo Tech.. It gave me the chance to learn a new skill that I greatly appreciate even up to the current date.
workplace
Photo specialist/cashier (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 26, 2015
working with walgreens not only was my job,but it became a passion of mine got to help out a lot of customers and aslo my regulars who would stop by just to say hi I made a lot of friends.i just had to leave due to some medical issues.i am ready to get back to doing what I love.
Is a well managed environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Hartsville, SCMay 25, 2015
I enjoy working with all of my co-workers. We work together as a team and help each other resolve patient issues. Be prepared to work all shifts even late evenings and holidays.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients maintain their health by providing the meds they need.
Individual managers care about their employees
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Eagan, MNMay 25, 2015
Pros: Company pays for training, likeable managers and co-workers
Cons: pay isn't that great, and taking breaks (in the pharmacy division) is a no-no
I enjoy working here. I'll be forever grateful to my pharmacist manager who hired me and trained me himself. Taking the CPhT exam next month! The company has paid for all training and for the test and I've learned valuable information about pharmacy and healthcare.
Fast and fun working environement.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNMay 25, 2015
Spend my day working with a young team of associates who are ready to help out our loyal customers with whatever they need.
Challenging work environment with supportive co-workers and managers.
Photo Technician (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 25, 2015
Working at Walgreens has changed me into the worker I am today. I learned how to work with customers and adapt to the situation at hand.
good carrer
SFL KEY MANAGER (Former Employee), harrison arMay 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: lazy employees
good place to work if they would hire people to actuality work andn not stand around and let managers fire and consul employees

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more

Walgreens Salaries