Walgreens Employee Reviews

Fast paced job
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 19, 2018
I worked as an intern at Walgreens retail pharmacy, along side pharmacists and technicians. It is a great job, and I learned a lot in my time. The workplace culture is fast paced, but most of the time the team worked well together.
you are not appreciated
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 19, 2018
In the past couple of months walgreens have been going down hill. They do not care anything about their employees or patients only about their PROFIT. The management do not have any commonsense and if it makes sense or working they want to change it to something that does not make any sense. I have been a pharmacy technician for 10 years and I really hate coming to work. everyone in my pharmacy looking for a new job what does that mean!!!
Cons
techs get only one break, low pay, no recognition, and no way to advance
Fun work place with great people
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 19, 2018
It was a great place, great coworkers, great management. Every work day was fast paced, and nonstop moving all day. Although it was very busy, the job was fun. Everyone got along well as a team. If you ever need help or a second opinion about anything everyone was willing ti lend a helping hand. The atmosphere was great. There was no negativity from any of the staff, just great support.
productive environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2018
Walgreens goal was to provide excellent customer satisfaction with proficient work ethics. Enjoyed working with friendly management and staff. The hardest part of the job was holidays but with collaboration, the staff always pulled through to meet store needs.
nice place to work
Customer Service Assoc (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJanuary 19, 2018
Nice place to work but the hours are kind of crazy. I liked the people I worked with we all seemed to get along. Slow times I needed more to do but I had to keep the register in view.
Excellent manager
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 19, 2018
Walgreen's does not compensate there help fairly for the amount of responsibility . Filling prescriptions in a timely manner, cashiering, customer service and inventory control are all what is expected of the employee for minimum wage. All without any formal training.
Pros
Great manager and co workers
Cons
Low salary, very stressful
It was alright for my first job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 19, 2018
It was my first job. Good job for anyone looking for a first time job, or someone who is looking to take on a second part time job. They don't really hire many full time employees.
not my kind of work
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 19, 2018
i would make sure all products are aligned on the shelf, everything has to be organized, and store has to be kept clean at the end of the day. i would fill in the missing products on shelves, and the ice room, crushing trash in the compacter. taking orders for customers
Pros
being cashier
Cons
working in the storage
It's a good job for high school students
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2018
This job is a good job for high school students who can work nights and need extra cash. As a person with a car note, insurance, rent, etc., it was very hard to make ends meet. I had to work a part time job as well just to make sure I would have enough money to pay bills and I only ended up with may $100 in extra cash.
Good job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Flexible hours. Learned customer service. First retail job, easy going. Understandable with life situations. Work with peoples schedules. Manager is very kind.
Great people
Modesto - Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Easy job with only to stock up items and helping out customers. Wonderful experience overall with also great employees by your side to help you along throughout your day.
Productive Rewarding Place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 19, 2018
Every day was different. I was the department manager for a year in beauty. I worked with many different people and loved everyone. I would go back if I lived near one.
Different Store, Different Preferences
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILJanuary 19, 2018
I worked at 5 different stores in a permanent position and 3 or 4 other stores as temporary help, filling in for a day. Each store is ran slightly differently with a solid baseline of rules to follow through the policy and procedures that Walgreen's lays down in addition to any rules or regulations we must follow according to legislation. Every store has it's own atmosphere, and it's own ability to succeed through it's people. Walgreen's is a great place to work if you like a challenge and a fast paced environment. I spent years training staff, moving to other stores continuously, and building up the employees as I went. Many employees still ask about me, or remain in contact with me to this day.
Pros
Potential for growth, fast-paced, cross-training and development rewarded
Cons
Store Manager controls the atmosphere, Random hours each day/week
cutthroat
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOJanuary 19, 2018
I had 7 different managers in 3 years. 4 of those managers were fired and replaced with another inexperienced person. One of the others left the company for better hours and pay elsewhere. No matter the performance they only want more and don't show appreciation for success.
Alright
Pharmacy Technician And Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 19, 2018
A typical day at Walgreens was filling prescriptions and dealing with customers that assumed their medicine should be ready in less than five minutes everytime they called it in. The management was great. The hardest part of the job was when the pharmacy would get busy and the most enjoyable was interacting with customers all day.
Quick paced
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 19, 2018
Can work long hours (if under staffed). Depending on your relationship with your store, everyone can be friendly and helpful. It's like a family. It is also easy to move up. As long as you are consistent, work hard, and show up to work; you're more eligible to be promoted.
The employees were fun. Store morale was off.
Beauty Advisor/Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 19, 2018
My general manager was absolutely fantastic but the assistant was really cool at first & then changed. She would sometimes be rude, leave earlier than she's suppose to, would create schedules to her benefits. The walgreens I worked wasnt all that great but walgreens in other locations may be great. I didn't really have a great experience working here.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Days missed at work (5days out of the year) no one worked what they were hired as
Great place to work until you are in a supervisory position.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2018
When I started I had planned to retire from Walgreens. After 5 yrs they had restructured their management and those that had been Assistant Managers had to reapply for their jobs and take the title Shift Leader (SFL) which resulted in a pay cut of several dollars and a wage cap for each position.
Good mangers who care about the custumers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 19, 2018
I ran the cash register upfront so dealing with customers was not a issue, i had a well rounded staff, we all went out of our way to make sure shoppers were pleased. Plenty hours to obtain there.
N/a
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2018
Walgreens is an awsome company to work for but the management is poor and under staff and night shift hours all the time is draining. With management don’t value employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.