Walgreens
8,180 reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Learning Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: Low compensation
Its was a good learning management experience for me. work/life balance is not bad but the culture needs some improvements. the basic agenda is on point but the overall structure needs a bit change.
Not an employee centric employer
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Belleville,ILJune 29, 2015
I received my pharmacy technician training here but the atmosphere is not conducive to learning. Management does not look out for employees only the bottom line. Infractions are not disciplined so reliable employees suffer.
Relaxed working environment with great flexibility
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJune 28, 2015
My time as a Walgreens customer service associate was fun, productive, and challenging. A typical day at work consisted to the area assigned by the weekly schedule, as well as any other projects the manager needed done for that day or week. Being a team player is a big part of getting the larger jobs completed efficiently, and made the workload more enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was the different rearrangement of the store, it keeps the job from becoming dull or staying the same. The store changes appearance with new promotions, seasons, and holidays and that keeps the atmosphere alive.
productive wrok place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jamison, PAJune 28, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: health care
it is a very fast and quick place to work. and the client are always very nice and polite. they never close on holidays or do snow we are always there for my customers.
love it
Cashier (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2015
Great place to work. I really loved it! Lovely people, great location and generally speaking awesome environment. I would definitely recommend working here.
I enjoy giving great customer service to all of my customers.
Senior Cashier (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 28, 2015
A very fast past environment where multi- tasking is required. Laughter and providing great customer service to all my customers at all times.The hardest part of my job is laughter. I love my customers.
fun enviroment
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Olympia, WAJune 27, 2015
Great management when I worked there. Had fun working with the employees. Everyone was super nice to me and all of the customers.
Excellent
Function Manager (Current Employee), Rogers, MNJune 27, 2015
Walgreens has been an excellent company to work for.

I learned a great deal about management during the past 28 years employed with them.

Most management and team members were wonderful to work with/for.
Store close to home
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 27, 2015
Pros: closed at 10:00pm
Cons: short breaks
Great Managers, I worked Part-time therefore was excellent they accommodate my needs, friendly co-workers. Managers were fun and treat employees with respect.
wonderful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Southampton, PAJune 27, 2015
I enjoyed working for Walgreens, it was relaxing and a very well kept place. i would love to work for walgreens again. everyone is welcoming.
Pharmacy Technical Life
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Kokomo, INJune 27, 2015
Working in a pharmacy can be very challenging. A typical day includes calling insurances, taking in and filling prescriptions, and doing inventory management. A technician has to know how to manage. You might have a rush and you're the one that has to manage the order and who needs to be where. The hardest part of the job is that we can be spread thin. If you are on the phone helping a customer you can't help the front counter or fill a prescription, so the workflow piles up a little. With all this being said; a pharmacy technician is very rewarding. You get to know the customers and sometimes the medications you dispense to them are changing their quality of life. We might be the little man but technicians are the face of the pharmacy.
productive workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), shawnee,okJune 27, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: benefits
A typical day would start out with me seperating and organizing perscriptions that need to be filled. Open the gates, sign into computer/cash register. Help customers, enter information and perscriptions into computers.Get perscriptions and check out customers.File filled perscriptions.Get medications and fill perscriptions. Order medications, Restock medications, clean pharmacy. help pharmacist with any other tasks. Count down cash drawer and close down pharmacy.
Productive workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Matteson, IllinoisJune 26, 2015
Walgreens allows employees to grow. The job you hold is yours until you decide to no longer perform well. It's a positive environment and there are constant learning opportunities. thre are unique situations daily and walgreens provides on the job training.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 26, 2015
welcome customer to the store, check them out at the register and make sure my work area is clean. put in new products on the floor. make sure my register is right before and after my shift. greet every customer with a smile. make sure i meet my monthly candy sales
internship
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), Johnston, RIJune 26, 2015
the co workers were not helpful and the pharmacy manager was trash.i learned how to count from 1 to 100.even if i was getting paid for this i wouldn't do it.time passed so slowly.
Productive place for Students to do Intership
Internship (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCJune 26, 2015
Pros: Easy to learn, Good co-workers to work with
Cons: Was an internship so was not getting paid for my time
This was a very well respected and valuable place for people to come and get there medications. The management was awesome and you could always rely on all of them to answer to questions that needed to be asked and were always making sure you did not need help. I would go in at 8 in the morning and start filling prescriptions. I was not allowed to work on the computer or on the register because I was not an employee for Walgreen's.
Good place to learn new things.
Shift Leader/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: Nothing is FREE
Cons: GOOD HEALTH CARE
I learn how to mange a store by my self. Control inventory, and increase store sale. Great place to work at! Very Organized Flexible schedule. Easy to learn. Great place to advance your career.
awsome place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Weymouth, MAJune 26, 2015
Pros: there wasnt any
Cons: tough scuduale
it as ok there wasn't much team work there and the schedule wasn't very good and did not get paid time in a half for sundays,
Productive and enjoyable
Cashier Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
Lots of fun and help. Communicates well with other co workers and customers. Feels so greatly appreciated. I have learned how to adapt well with different backgrounds. The hardest part of my job is trying to help the customers understand the exact product that is being advertised for the sale. The most enjoyable part is learning about different types of merchandise that's being sold.
nice
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), forrest cityJune 26, 2015
Pros: work
Cons: pay
it was a happy work place. the people are nice and I could work there all day. I like the job wish I would have stayed. I also wish they paid more.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more

Walgreens Salaries