Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,611 reviews matching the search
Typical day
Sr. Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 25, 2016
At Walgreens unfortunately, they like to put more on their employees that we can handle. I have worked 12 hour days, not gotten everything done, and because of it, I was written up. They never had enough people working for a single department, and when it all comes down, the management was never there to help, or understand.
Cons
management
Nice work enviroment.
Multicultural Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 24, 2016
The company was evolving due to new management. There was a lot of turn over. Flexible hours and very nice campus with a state of the art work out facility.
bad place to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2016
they do no care about their employees. management really treated us like nothing. i had come awesome co workers. GM only called you out for bad things and never did he ever appreciate the good on his employees.
Graveyard is incredibly Hard
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2016
Any strip locations is incredibly hard to work at. The amount of staff to the amount of trouble that runs through those locations every night is horrible. The team I worked with was amazing but the store manager really needed to learn some human decency. The pay was alright for the job done but it was extremely difficult to get ahead.
Great Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 24, 2016
This was a great company to learn managerial skills, and develop a base for a professional environment.I love the people I worked with. They are very supportive. can deal with customers on a daily basis. I enjoy working with people and making their shopping experience at Walgreens better.
Pros
The Room For Advancement
Profit before people
Senior pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAAugust 24, 2016
They care about numbers over employees, No yearly increase in salary anymore. they cut hours all the time. Try to be a full time employee to survive.
Advancement
Community Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Chalmette, LAAugust 24, 2016
Really great benefits and great pay. Good job to get you through college and really great for upper management. Good job security as well.
Special
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYAugust 23, 2016
This job unlike anything I ever seen. Which will expose you to everything about billing, processing and data entry. Always learning something new. Which will be one of the reason why my knowledge on pharmacy has increase unbelievable.
Fast paced environment which promotes self-growth and knowledge building
Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 23, 2016
Walgreens is an excellent starting point, or general opportunity, for anyone with a drive for results and growth. This job entitles the capacity to stock, problem solve, communicate, multi-task, empathize, and cooperate.
Pros
Employee discount, technical learning, flexible schedule
Cons
Dynamic schedule, minimal daily staff, no security
Fun place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Fernandina, FLAugust 23, 2016
Loved working here as beauty consultant. Got to meet lots of new people as well as get to know customers on a day to day basis. Sample many makeup/beauty products and fragrances and make recommendations.
Loving and family oriented work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 23, 2016
I have worked at Walgreens for years and enjoy the supportive customer service oriented attitude Walgreens teaches its employees to have. Greeting and assisting customers is a joy in any walgreens location. I know because i have worked at three of them. Managers are always helpful and professional and encouraging leadership with the walgreens team members. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help longtime customers and making people happy.
Pros
20% employee discount on Walgreens products
Cons
Not alot of hours available.
safe and clean environment.healthy relationships between employees and employer.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2016
I learned patience and teamwork.I was very comfortable with my co-workers.I enjoyed working with the public. The managers were fair and were easy to get along with.
Pros
safe work environment
drug store
Customer Service - Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 23, 2016
I have worked at the Loveland Walgreens store since 2007 in a part time capacity. I really like my store manager. He is a motivated person and keeps a clean store. He treats his employees with honesty and fairness. He will work with people who have to work part time jobs the get the most for him and the store.
Pros
Flexable and can work with other peoples jobs.
Cons
Pay is not the greatest, You can go to walmart and start the job making more than i do after 9 years.
Somewhat fun workplace with very inconsistant schedule
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIAugust 23, 2016
I like the people I work with for the most part. Walgreens is not a horrible job. But I am looking for a Monday-Friday "9-5" job, in which is the hardest part of the job for myself. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with some of the people I work with and being trusted to work independently on tasks I have been given. A typical day at Walgreens consists of talking to customers any time someone comes into my range, merchandising, making sure all my tasks are completed on my task list, and most of the time working over in the photo department just to help out. I have learned how to run the photo department and cosmetics. I have advanced on my communication skills, time management, and organization. Like I said, Walgreens is not a bad job. It is your typical retail job.
Fun place to work. Great for college kids or retired people.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 23, 2016
Fast paced and fun place to work, greeting and working with customers on a daily basis. I have worked retail before so I am very familiar with the day to day workings. Management is very professional and friendly. I really enjoy my co-workers. We all get along exceptionally well. The hardest part of the job would be standing on my feet all day, pretty much in one place. I try to move around as much as possible, but cannot venture too far from the front. The most enjoyable part of the day is any time spent with co-workers. We have a really good time working with and helping each other.
Pros
Management has been very accommodating with my school schedule.
Cons
My job requires a lot of standing in one place.
Working at Walgreen
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2016
This company was amazing when I first started! The management cared about you and any problems that were going on within the store. The company merged with another big company and everything went down hill. The employees were treated terribly and and talked about.
The senior beauty advisors job is to run the entire cosmetics department with little to no overseeing from management. You are in charge of customers, cash handling and the department. You have to do all the ordering, stocking, price changes and the appearance of the department.
Pros
Your coworkers become your family.
Cons
You are treated unfairly. No flexibility with scheduling
Fast paced,high energy
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSAugust 23, 2016
no one day is the same

customer satisfaction and team work are priority

easy and confidential communication with management

health benefits and incentive programs for choosing healthy life styles
Its a great place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2016
Managers were always acknowledging the employees doing a great job. Awesome team work. Friendly managers. They care about employees well being. After requesting something, management team always makes sure you are taken care of. They worked with my schedule of availability, They were eager to promote and teach new things to us who wanted to learn or advance.
Pros
Location was perfect, breaks and meal time were always given, managers teach and train, work as a team, health benefits are awesome
Cons
Beauty Advisors position has been removed. no extra pay for cosmetics department.
Great fast paced and fun environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 22, 2016
I loved being busy every day and if no customers were present i always found something to do. I enjoyed learning new things with the 3+ years in a retail pharmacy setting.
Amazing pharmacy manager
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COAugust 22, 2016
Walgreens was an amazing learning experience. Very thankful for the crew and the most awesome pharmacy manager. Retail can be trying but I think this was the best place to start off as a pharmacy technician.
Pros
Great for learning new things
Cons
Busy and or shorthanded