Walgreens
7,378 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Challenging and fun workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Saint Peters, MOMarch 27, 2015
Working at the pharmacy was always a chance to learn something new and this field was consistently changing so no one day was exactly the same as another. It made you feel good about yourself when you could help patients live a healthy and happy life.
Walgreens.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Concord, CAMarch 27, 2015
I love my company! we are a team . we are a very busy company yet still manage to all get along and make customers feel comfortable and happy!
Nice Place to work
Walgreens Pharmacy (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 26, 2015
nice place to work while in school or just starting out on your own you learn new things everyday and be informed about new meds
Dollar Tree
Shift Leader Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 26, 2015
Cons: doesn't pay well
receive truck and vendors
always busy
more organized than 99 cents stores
run operations of store
overall decent company
A Great Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Placentia, CAMarch 26, 2015
A typical work day consists of doing multiple tasks. You will provide customer service as well as perform some stockroom duties. All customer service associates are required to be cross-trained in at least one other department.
Walgreens
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), Apex, NCMarch 26, 2015
Working at Walgreens provides me, as a student, a flexible work schedule and healthy and educational work environment.
Good workplace for someone going through college
Photo Technician / Floor Personnel (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMarch 26, 2015
The Experience at Walgreen to me was a lot of customer service. In a regular day I would interact with close to 100 customers a day. The job involved stocking shelves, making sure customer photos were done, and any other job the manager had for me.
Great customer service
Pharmacy tech (Current Employee), 4110 gen degualle dr new olreans la 70131March 26, 2015
Pros: smilling customers
Cons: short breaks, sometimes no breaks
It took me a while to love my job because it was so fast paced but its been three years and im well trained and prepared for any rush. working in the pharmacy we are hands on the patients and making sure their taking the medicine right, an so forth. I love my co-workers we are truly team players. The hardest part of the job is on weekend its usually one tech and one pharmacist and we are a very busy store, making sure each customer get great customer service get frustrating but we have learned to deal with the pressure. The customer come first is what I have been taught since day one.
wag
Sr. CPhT (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMarch 26, 2015
Learned a lot from working in such terrible conditions, however it made me not enjoy my job as a pharmacy tech. Would never want to work for this company again.
good place
Cashier (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXMarch 26, 2015
This was my first job out of high school. It was a boring place to work, but they had a very flexible schedule. Great job to start out with, andtheres room for advancment.
Fun, Fast Paced Environment
Assistant Store Manager-In Training (Current Employee), Muncie, INMarch 26, 2015
This job is fun in the aspect that I never know what I will be doing when I go into work. There is such a wide variety of things to be done in a retail store that no two days are ever the same. The hardest part as a manager would be balancing the front end of the store with the pharmacy. This is also the most rewarding part, however, seeing as how much business the pharmacy brings in and how effective front-end/pharmacy alliance can be.
Fun learning environment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Rockville,MDMarch 26, 2015
Pros: growth opprotunities
Cons: long hours, almost no days off unless assigned or state emergency
Working at Walgreens was awesome! My goal at this job was to get to know the upper management. Ask questions about their daily tasks and what i should do to be a better sales clerk. Within a week and a half at Walgreens i learned how to manage almost all 3 departments ( beauty,photo,Cashier). Each day the store manager left typed daily tasks for every employee. It helped the store a lot. I got along with all of my coworkers since day one. Yes i was there to work but i made sure to make it a fun environment as well. The hardest part of the job was balancing school,personal and work life. I worked between 25 to 40 hours a week.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Gresham, ORMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Co workers are generally close. only about 20 employees a store.
Cons: Can be transferred at a moments notice. Nights/ Weekends/ holidays
Pretty easy job, customer service is a must. hardest part is we are open ever day of the year. Flexible work schedule is a must.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The company was great, but the management was not great at all. I went through a lot of different changes and struggles with my pharmacy manager, but I did the best that I could each and everyday.
Teller
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Wauconda, ILMarch 25, 2015
Enjoyed the work environment. There is lots of room for moving up within the company. Also, liked how every person working within a branch was very friendly and helpful.
working here was great
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), MAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: always understaffed
Great company with great benefits. pharmacy manager dabbled too much in gray area of illegalities. but overall a good place
rewarding and frustrating
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Boardman, OHMarch 25, 2015
If you have good managers the company is awesome to work for and the job is very rewarding. I loved helping customers and the relationship you create with them is special. But bad managers make it hard for you to want to go to work. I had both.
Good job and learning experience
Service clerk (Former Employee), Sweetwater, TNMarch 25, 2015
Run a cash register, stock shelves, help customers find products, count till at the end of the night. Great, fun first job. Great learning experience.
Good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Meriden, CTMarch 25, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: store manage stunk
As a sales associate I was either working a cash register, helping customers that were having trouble with anything, or stocking and maintaining the shelves. I liked everything about working at Walgreens except for the manager. The manager of my store played favorites and no matter how hard you worked or how focused you were, if you weren't one of the managers favorites you didn't get to learn anything and progress further up the chain.
Good first job
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2015
Good seasonal or first job. Good for people interaction and learning the responsibility of having a job. Don't expect a whole lot of benefits from this job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more

Walgreens Salaries