Walgreens
6,088 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Not enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WASeptember 29, 2014
You're left alone at the register. Your back-up cashier is probably in photos or cosmetics and don't really like to be called up to help you at the front when you need their help. Management expects you to do the impossible by giving you multiple duties that require your presence in different places at once.
Productive Workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaSeptember 29, 2014
When I work in the morning the first thing I would do is the smart count. The smart count is checking the inventory of medications that is not counted for. Once that is done I would do the Third Party Rejects and Refills To Soon and help customer's as they walk up to the counter. I would also check in the order that's delivered in the morning, as I'm – more... checking in the order I would be filling prescriptions while my second tech is helping customer's. Before my shift ends I would do the order for the next day. – less
productive fun workplace
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 29, 2014
recommend products to suit customers skin type, and face shape.
safe fast and effective work ethics, good work places, nice coworkers
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), Homewood, ALSeptember 29, 2014
safe fast and effective work ethics, good work places, nice coworkers
Company has changed over the years
Service Associate / Photo Specialist (Current Employee), Fair Lawn, NJSeptember 29, 2014
Worked for Walgreens for over 6 years since I was 16 years old. Recently there was a change in the company which has a negative impact to the employees. Cutting of hours and changed the way the give annual pay raises. They no longer take care of their employees and worry about how the corporate part can make money.
Long days, schedule different every week, no holidays off
Executive Assistant Store Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Working management in Walgreens is very demanding. Your work/life balance will be in the gutter. As an ASM, you are technically scheduled 44 hours a week, but many end up working 50-60 hours a week. Very physical demanding job. Lots of new initiatives from corporate that will have you going to meetings, creating projects, and working alongside store – more... manager and pharmacy manager. Pay does not match the amount of workload and hours you put in. – less
Not the same
Assistant Store Manager / Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 29, 2014
Walgreens is not the company it once was. The whole company is changing more for numbers then for employees who work there.
Fun place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Maiden, NCSeptember 29, 2014
I currently work for this company and enjoy growing and learning with the company! The management team really wants you to 'be well' and enjoys seeing their co-workers become more active and healthy! Really supporting group of people!
My review
Externship (Current Employee), maywoodSeptember 28, 2014
It was an ideal place to work. I received great hands on experience and I loved how management ran the systems. the hardest part of the job is the level of people that come in at a time. co workers were great and very educated and worked together as a team in order to get the days job done. I definitely learned a great deal of skills working at this – more... place. – less
great work culture
Overnight Clerk (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: overnight schedule, great suportive management
Cons: shoveling snow at 40 below
great company. a typical day or night i should say was assisting customers (finding products, selling products and cash register). management was great in that i got to work with different managers on a weekly basis and all of them were supportive and kept me busy my whole shift.My coworkers were great though I worked overnights so interaction was minimal. – more... The hardest part of the job was managing task and covering the front of the store simultaneously. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great diverse group of people. – less
Good work enviroment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 28, 2014
I enjoyed the employees as well as the management....overall good company to work for. I am however unhappy with the hours required as I am unable to continue working 2nd shift only.
Busy
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: making friends
Cons: night shift to morning shift
- A day at work was quite long and slow

- I learn to be more social and gained communication skills

- Management was strong with a store manager and an assistant.

- Co-workers were rather friendly

- The hardest part was getting a night shift and the next day a morning shift.

- The most enjoyable part of work was making friends.
Productive and Fast paced
cashier/stock (Former Employee), Queens, NYSeptember 28, 2014
A typical day at work was stocking shelves, counters, unloading etc. also ringing up customers orders and helping customers whenever they need my assistance and interact with customers. I learned how to move at a faster pace when I work, I learned how to use the cash register and learned how to stock shelves properly. The management was very good they – more... cared about their employees and cared about their customers. The hardest part of the job was the compensation. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. – less
healthy living
Front end clerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: family oriented company
Cons: short breaks, to much work for one person to handle so they dont have to pay for more help
Walgreens is a dedicated company. They will do everything they can to keep they public healthy however when it comes to the employees they are over worked and under paid. They worry about candy sales. Do you know how hard it is to sell candy to a diabetic? They don't know they just care that we kill ourselves doing it to be top dog in the district.
Decent place to work with some opportunity to grow
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Santa Fe, NMSeptember 28, 2014
Some management issues, but every store is different. Benefits can be decent, and hours can be manageable.
Productive Challenging day
Inbound/Outbound Manager (Current Employee), Windsor, CTSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Very challenging area and a good company to work for. The best part was to work with people with disabilities and to train multiple people for that job.
It's ok
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Walgreen's is an OK place to work if you enjoy working someplace where Corporate cares little to none about you and makes decisions based on how much money it will make them.
Never a dull moment at Walgreens
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 27, 2014
I started as part time cashier and worked my way to Assistant Manager. I really enjoyed working third shift with having a 7 on 7 off schedule. Working with customers can be both a joy and a pain, but that is the fun of retail, never knowing who or what you will be dealing with.
Productive and Fun place to work
Cashier/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 27, 2014
The average day at work was really good. Loved always getting to talk to new people. Plus my co-workers made me feel right at home, we were like a small family. I would say the hardest part of the job would be, actually in my opinion there wasn't anything too difficult at that job. I loved it.
Productive and Fun place to work
Cashier/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 27, 2014

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more