Walgreens
5,847 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Patience needed
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Elmwood Park, ILAugust 26, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay
Walgreens is a great company to start a career. They promote clerks to leadership positions without the need of a diploma. You get to learn a lot of experience in the retail field, such as inventory management, customer service, cash handling, and multi-tasking, The most challenging part of this job is keeping excellent customer service but also staying – more... within the policies and legal restrictions. – less
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 26, 2014
• Providing friendly, courteous and efficient service to our customers.
• Responsible for everything from cash register operations to customer service and merchandising
• Store inventory and maintaining store signage and displays.
Productive and challenging place to work
Assistant Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: variety of tasks/duties
Cons: pay rate
A typical day of work with Walgreens consisted of helping customers find products, stocking and re-stocking products, creating product displays, putting in orders for new products, using the cash register to ring up customers, and keeping the shelves tidy and neat.

I learned how to stay professional while interacting with customers on a daily basis.

I – more... felt management was very professional at this job.

I had coworkers that were very team oriented and fun to work with.

The hardest part about this job was the competitive attitudes I dealt with in the cosmetics department when it came to commissions.

The most enjoyable part of this job was helping customers in the cosmetics department to find what they were looking for and also suggesting other products that they may find useful. – less
I enjoyed working with the customers.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Huntington, WVAugust 26, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with most of the employees.
Cons: short lunch break, if i had to go for a rest room break had to inform certain employees.
If i worked in the am shift: place money in all registers, wipe off assigned areas, waiting on customers, I have learned that customers like to be acknowledge and make then feel welcome, I learned that some co-workers considered they were your boss, because of yrs served and they did not have the title. Hardest part of my job was keeping the front end – more... neat and clean, It was a constant duty and there were times when it was hard to do this and meet the customers needs. Customer is supposed to be number one. I enjoyed this part. – less
Great place to work, friendly atmosphere
Sr. Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: discount on certain items, always knowing what sales were going on, decent medical and dental coverage.
Cons: short lunch, some times under staffed.
Certain days were required to do certain tasks. Sundays, for example, were required to run bays. Mondays and Tuesdays were order ins/outs. Wednesdays and Thursdays were truck days. Fridays and Saturdays were tote day. (Putting away new products.)
I learned how to prioritize, time manage and operate the as/400 system.
Management was great to work with, – more... as well as my co-workers we all worked really well together as a team, even other employees from different departments. Everyone helped each other out.
The hardest part of the job would have been keeping up with new shipment that was sent. Often times there wasn't enough room for new products, but we always found a way to make it work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting our goals in sales and helping the customers. They really appreciated the help we gave and it was a very rewarding feeling knowing you helped them with what ever they needed. – less
A fun loving work place
S/C Stocker (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZAugust 26, 2014
Pros: pizza parties, perks, wally bucks, free shirts yearly, free water bottles, bonuses, recognition for a job well done, trust to leave you alone to get the job done, 2 breaks a day.
Cons: 1 second late counted as a partial work day, no a/c in the summer time, and bad attitudes from people as all companies have a bad apple or 2.
Productive, workplace with a lot of friendly people whom became friends outside of the warehouse.
Each day started at 3am and ended by 11 am..with very hard working co workers.
Management was a plus as they communicated well with their employees.
The hardest part was when people took advantage of days off given as we had to pick up the slack, but we – more... all did it with a smile and great attitude.
I enjoyed my job, and also enjoyed the people who worked around me as we all became friends outside of the work place. – less
Fun place to work at while in school.
Photo Specialist/Sales Clerk (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: holiday pay, pto and part time benefits
Cons: working holidays and also being topped off at my pay. we do not get paid enough for what we do.
I learned a lot at Walgreens. It was not just a sales associate or photo clerk job, but I learned many other things while working here. I have been here for 8 years, all through school.
Management at Walgreens
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: quiet peaceful atmoshere
Cons: open on holidays
Walgreens was a good starting ground in learning how to manage other team members. There were many pros and cons to working here but I feel I learned a lot in the process.
Love working with customers.
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 25, 2014
Inventory control, ordering, open and close, check in truck, support and encourage and lead employees, problem solving with customers and store problems.
stressful, fast moving environment requires you to be on top of your game at all times
Pharmacy Technician/Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2014
Pros: constant work
Cons: repetitive, stressful
consulting patients on drugs, filling prescriptions, customer service most important in this environment
rewarding
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee), Garner, NCAugust 25, 2014
I liked that we had return customers whom you got to know and were able to take care of their needs that's why they returned. There is always a co-worker around the corner to help if needed. The best thing about the job is that there was always something to keep you busy.
Several positions Lots of room to grow
Pharmacy Technician / Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix AZAugust 25, 2014
I held many positions at Walgreens. I had 9 years as an assistant manager and had my pharmacy technicians license also allowing me to help out any position that was needed. I was able to be helpful to the customers whenever they needed assistance making this a very fullfilling place to work. I also spent a few yesrs working in their mail order facility – more... transcribing prescriptiions as well as filling prescriptions. – less
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: manpower
With retail in general it's hard finding the balance between family and work because the hours are all over the place. It's ideal for a single person that has no children.
Excellent company for advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: growth in the company, multiple training tools available, reasonable insurance costs
Cons: no set schedule
I worked in many stores during my career with Walgreens. I met and developed lasting relationships with great people.
The best part of my days was the ability to work alongside my employees and train, coach and develope them to ensure the direction of the company was being followed.
The hardest part was working under a manager that was doing and directing – more... things be done in ways that I, in all the other stores I had been in, had not been doing and were not Walgreens ways. This created tension and I had to work hard to keep a good attitude and continue to grow the employees in the direction of this manager. Overall, I enjoyed learning and advancing in Walgreens and continue to recommend this company. You can come in as a cashier and work your way up to corporate positions, if that is your desire. – less
Hard work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brookly, NYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch and gift card when employee of the month.
Cons: short breaks, long lines, rude customers at times, maintaining ecc.
Usually a main cashier holds a dominant position in the store. A main cashier would have to keep a watch for the front end of the store as well as provide customer care.Other employees working on the floor makes sure the items in the store are faced and stocked in the right location; while providing customer care.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: excellent coworkers and customers. supervisor was very understanding.
Cons: late hours
I was responsible for organizing the store, making sure it’s clean and neat, providing excellent customer service, closing out the register, counting all currency accurately, assisting in the pharmacy and photo department when needed, answering phone calls promptly and translating for Spanish speaking customers.
productive friendly work environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee), st.petersburg, flAugust 24, 2014
Pros: nice staff meet new people
Cons: management, and pay, less hours
Good environment to work in nice staff you get to meet new people everyday and u also have you faithful costumers. and you learn alot about products and other things.
Bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Quincy, MAAugust 24, 2014
no room for job growth, not friendly and very bad management.
Great place to advance company-wise. Fast paced environment.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2014
Pros: discount, 401k plans, long breaks
Cons: occasional rude customers
A typical day at work, for the most part, includes constant work. This work is not just busy work, it includes tasks that are vital to the up-keeping of the store & the customers' happiness. I've learned how to work a Telxon and of course, how to better deal with customers. My store manager has let me know since the beginning that he was always here – more... to teach me anything I wanted to know, and listen if I ever needed to talk. The hardest part of the job is finding a balance. If you're like me, that isn't too hard. But if you've never dealt with customers & having a big work load, this could be a challenge in the beginning. I mainly enjoy just staying busy throuhgout the day & laughing with and enjoying my coworkers. – less
very clean, and always something to do
Service Clerk (Current Employee), Ralston, NEAugust 23, 2014
great people,
very fast paced
awesome management
learned great customer service

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more