Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,958 reviews matching the search
best job ever and great management staff
stocking clerk (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 27, 2016
a regualr day at work we either unload totes and pull bays of over stock and clean the store and help customers with anything to the best of our knowledge
Pros
25% off anything u buy as an employee
Excellent and productive place to work
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMay 27, 2016
Typical daily activity was pulling orders from the ware house at the fork lift request. I learned a lot with this position mostly safety as well keeping productivity high in the ware house. My co- worker experience was excellent, we all worked together as a team nightly to get the daily task and mission accomplished. The hardest part of of the job was preforming additional employees task due to them being a no show. The most enjoyable task of the job was getting the job completed daily task with no accident.
Fun and Productive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 27, 2016
I gained a lot of experience just by working in photo department, I had confidence on talking to other people and provide good customer service
Where you can Grow.
Photo Tech (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COMay 27, 2016
I believe at Walgreens, you can grow and expand yourself if you only apply yourself. Walgreens has a great work ethic and diversity. There emphasis on customer service is so far, different from anyone else.

Overall I would say walgreens is a great place to work. You will meet some new people and make friends with the customers.
Demanding job, Low class area to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAMay 27, 2016
daily job was stressful. there was no accountability for the people who didnt want to do their jobs so it made the had workers work even harder. It made it difficult to come to work each day without leaving in tears, leaving late or leaving angry. the job itself is rewarding, helping patients and all but the location is difficult to work at.
Texas walgreens distribution center cared about there people
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 26, 2016
The distribution center in Pa don't care about their people like the one in Texas it was more like a slave camp for non white's if you were the kind that spoke up even if you did your job good and right they found away to get rid of you,
great money, and co workers
Shift lead (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILMay 26, 2016
I enjoy working with the different co workers with different personalities. I love helping the customers find a solution to what they are looking for. No its not perfect but worth it.
Pros
People in general
Cons
hours
Very exciting career with one of the best companies
STORE MANAGER AND COMMUNITY LEADER (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMay 26, 2016
Empowerment and engagement with co-workers and peers. Everyday possessed a new challenge. Staying organized, meeting deadlines, full engagement with all staff on a daily basis.
Distribution Center with high exspectations.
Picker/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMay 26, 2016
Overall a pretty good place to work for. Excellent benefit package and pay. Products to be shipped in a timely manner. Co - Workers were team orientated.
Pros
benifits/pay wages
Cons
unfair in certain cases.
encourage
Shift lead (Current Employee) –  Unionville, CTMay 26, 2016
I learned a lot at Walgreens such as learning to use a telxon, continuing to grow my experience there for bettering me in customer service. There's no hardest part of the job you take what ever it is and figure it out to the best of your ability and make things happen.
Pros
bennifits
Cons
not willing to work wit schedules
just a job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2016
under paid , no lunch breaks, of course its retail so depending on customers that is how your day will go! If you have a great rph manager that will help but still worked under pressure but doesn't feel appreciated!
Pros
just a job
Cons
no lunch breaks
Co-workers made it fun, but not worth the pay for all the tasks you do.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMay 26, 2016
I loved my co-workers, and maybe I was lucky at this particular location. The management team is very friendly, and almost everyone at work is a team player and willing to help out others. However, the corporate pay is unlivable. Even though I was a part-time employee, as I am a full time student and also avid athlete, I still managed to work about 20 hours a week, and with my paycheck bi-monthly, I would "break even" for my daily living expenses, making it impossible to save for college.

I also was supposed to be moved back into the pharmacy upon completing a certification course, of which, never happened after I successfully passed the course.

I also was very bothered that this corporation is so wasteful. Almost every piece of "garbage" was a form of paper and could be recycled properly, but there are no options to recycle.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, decent breaks, moderately easy work
Cons
terrible pay with no advancement, very wasteful corporation
good experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2016
It was a good experience i had like the retail environment.I had learn how to operate a cashier . Hardest part working at walgreens was the inconsistency with the hrs
horrible job
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAMay 26, 2016
very low pay, store manager would never do anything about employees who were not doing their job accept have the few people who actually did their job take up the slack. always being called in because of others calling out got old quick.
good place to start
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIMay 25, 2016
Good company to start with.
Learned a lot from managers.
Decent pay.
Met a lot of friends while I worked there
But in the end didn't have much room to move up.
Pros
good place to shop, have a discount
Cons
retail hours
Family Oriented
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLMay 25, 2016
Very fast paced job being that this was the only Walgreen Pharmacy in that particular city. I have gained a vast amount of experience in preparing prescription medications, computer drug order entry, creating labels, monitoring medical supplies, maintaining appropriate stock levels, verifying the accuracy of prescriptions, weighing medications, preparing insurance claim forms, recording prescriptions , working as a cashier or managing telephone phone calls when needed and many other general pharmacy related tasks. My manager were the best and so were my co workers. The hardest part of my job was to tell a patient that their medications was not available. The most enjoyable part about my job was helping the nice cute little old ladies.
Pros
Great pay for first time Pharmacy Techs
Cons
Cut back on hours
don't know about most locations but do not treat fair
Customer service associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 25, 2016
i worked there for 2 months i loved helping customers but wasnt given much room to do other things and didnt get much help was left in one area for too long
Ful time was probably better
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 25, 2016
I was only a part-time employee, which does not entitle me to any benefits whatsoever. The Managers were generally insightful and courteous as well as informative.
Standing for hours on end is still painful, not matter where you are in the workforce.
Co workers were friendly, if distant (turnover rates being what they are in all retail positions nationwide).
The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with customers if you messed up, and the manager got wind of it (always) they'd string you up a bit to prevent a recurrence.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you actually got time to SPEAK with people, various people for all walks of life would pour their life's stories in your ears whenever you gave them a chance.
Pros
Discounts, Friendly staff, variety of people.
Cons
No benefits, Short breaks, long hours even for part-time.
Cashier
Pharmacy cashier (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 24, 2016
Walgreen is a great company to work for. There are a lot of opportunity for growth. I have enjoyed the time.
-I had really great co workers
typical minimum wage job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 24, 2016
staff and management were always there to help,great place to work while in school or having first child, low pay raises required me to have to get second job , went back to school and got my associate degree
Pros
helpful staff
Cons
hours