Walgreens
4,932 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Good company with great people, currently looking for another company with more oppurtunities for growth.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), lakeland fl 33811April 18, 2014
Satisfying my customers, new and old, brings joy to me everyday. With some Walgreen's stores being 24 hours, work is constant. This brings challenges because there is never a sense of completion, you always have a new project to move on to. By distributing notes to my reliable co-workers it helps get tasks done efficiently. Being an Assistant Manager – more... has taught me an incredible amount, from inventory to gross profit. My time with the company has steered me in the direction of meeting several dependable Managers that I have been able to grow from because we both share an interest in exceeding our potential. – less
Great Place to Start In Management
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 18, 2014
Managed a very diverse group in an environment that constantly changed around you
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tupelo, MsApril 18, 2014
Pros: meeting new people on a daily basis
Cons: short lunches
Fast paced work environment.
Learned to help different patients at once and how to deal with insurance issues.
All co-workers were highly accountable for their actions and helpful.
The hardest part could be dealing with difficult patients.
The most enjoyable part would be helping patients find affordable medications and seeing the gratification on their – more... smiles. – less
Interesting
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 18, 2014
I've learned what was expected of the field but I wasn't able to cover everything because of the busy location.
Productive Enviornment
STORE TEAM LEAD/HEAD PHOTO SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Gresham,ORApril 18, 2014
Job included greeting, assisting customers with products, developing pictures, maintaining inventory for all expensed items in my department. Doing monthly maintenance on all machines , changing chemicals and following OSHA safety procedures. Delegating tasks to staff members within departments. Also did opening and closing protocols.
Fun place to work
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 18, 2014
Pros: flexibility of hours, people, discount, access to sales
Cons: pay, new sales culture
I had the pleasure of working at Walgreens for more than six years. Great part-time job, but you won't get rich working there. A lot of the managers are great but some are very poor and uncaring or egotistical.
Loved my job
Senior Certified Pharamcy Technician (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILApril 18, 2014
I loved working as a Pharmacy Technician. I took the required training, having no experience and did great. People I worked with were great. I thought this job was going to be my future until they were forced to have to down size.
Would not return to this employer
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), El Dorado ArkansasApril 18, 2014
Pros: decent salary in managent
Cons: extremely stressful
Extremely stressful place to work. Does not promote from within.
Fun workplace with great staff & amazing customers
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Little Falls, NJApril 18, 2014
Work environment was stressful considering it was one of the busier locations but yet fun , great technicians to work with as a team,who provided an excellent customer service as well as great having numerous happy and pleasant customers.
Communicating & building a trust based relationship with pharmacy customers was the best part of my job, I just – more... wish I was given a little better tech help to handle the workload that could have prevented many unnecessary situations which might have compromised customer service
But overall ,It was a joy going to work and making a difference in my community where I have served for over 7 years. – less
Productive, Fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 17, 2014
Great co workers. Fun and productive work place. I learned more about my job and what to do. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was seeing smiles on the workers faces.
Good job for kids
cashier, phone consultant (Former Employee), thibodaux LAApril 17, 2014
My experience with Walgreens had been good. Nothing to complain about except not working with me for a new schedule. I worked at night shift and was a good job, but being a mother was hard working at night due to her schooling. Enjoyed my time there.
Good job but not so much for advancement
Shift Lead Manager (Current Employee), Marble Falls, TXApril 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the my sift lead is interaction with customers & co-workers in a positive and upbeat mode. I have been a manager over numerous employees for many years.The hardest part of the job is manual labor; unloading a truck and stocking merchandise on high shelves on a ladder. I signed on with the agreement that I would advance fast-track – more... and that has not happened yet. – less
Great Company
Financial Data Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILApril 17, 2014
Great compnay to work for. Very challenging and fullfilling work.
fun local job
customer service (Former Employee), chino hills caApril 17, 2014
it was a great position that enabled me to use my people skills
Great place to work when staffed properly
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), MississippiApril 17, 2014
Pros: great perks
Cons: it's retail.
Walgreens Pharmacy is a great place to work for those looking for a career in retail pharmacy. They strive to lead the pack in technology and customer service. That being said, the job is only enjoyable when all of the staff is on the same page.
busy environment, fast paced, multitasking
Service Clerk/Greeter/Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Work with friendly coworkers, who are goal oriented and make work fun. A typical day at work for me would be answering IC-3's (code for need more cashiers on front end), printing online photo orders through dry lab, maintaining inventory of assigned bay, ordering, and providing customers with a great experience shopping at Walgreen's.
Good Happy work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: limited staff
This Pharmacy is severely under staffed. Where as the employees are pleasant and the patients have patience, it was an overall good company.
very fun place to work
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2014
Workign in the pharmacy was a very good experince for me i got a feeling of what is like to work in the medical field.
Walgreens
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 17, 2014
A nice company to work for. Great people. They take the time to teach you what you need to succeed
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: schedule sometimes
It is a great place to work. i would say is the best place to work if you are looking for a position in retail.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more