Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,799 reviews matching the search
ggod place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 4, 2016
great coworkers, low pay but not terrible pay, some advancement possibilities, low stress environment, good beginning skills
benefits
Easy job, just no chance for advancement.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCMay 4, 2016
Typical day begins with checking out customers at the register while I work on my daily task like putting up stock, or pulling stock out dates. Later on in my shift I would have to complete my daily chore between doing the floors, cleaning bathrooms, or taking out the trash. After that I would face my section of the store to get it ready for the next day. The management was really good, and taught me a lot about the Walgreens company. My co-workers were fairly nice, but seemed overloaded with work a lot. The hardest part of my job was learning how to do resets. The most enjoyable part of my job was making my customers happy.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Short breaks
Productive work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2016
I enjoyed my internship I learned how to fill the prescriptions provide excellent customer service, follow up calls to patients.
good
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2016
filling scripts daily. processing insurance and abiding by company policies to safeguard patient information. Fast paced workplace that give little time to slow down sometimes. overall you learn a lot.
Fun
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 4, 2016
I enjoyed my externship. I would love to work there full time and use my skills to contribute to the company. I also enjoy the people.
Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYMay 3, 2016
Walgreens has always been an amazing company to work with. A typical work day flows beautifully at my disclosed store specifically, management works great together. My co-workers have created a friendly, peaceful environment so work doesn't feel like work most days and can be very enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is not being able to fully help everyone to the extent I'd like, the most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who I can see truly appreciate what I help them with daily.
Overall
Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 3, 2016
This is a retail establishment and it can be difficult at times. Difficult with co workers, management, and sometimes the customers. I loved my job, however things have changed, there is no work ethic and no disciplinary actions taken when needed. Employees have been rewarded for the bad behavior, bad attendance, etc, Very disappointed in what used to be rewarding.
Great company, not so great team members at some locations
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 3, 2016
The job was a fairly easy one to learn. Quick paced and very busy a lot of the time. Unfortunately it seemed that my coworkers couldn't pick up their slack and the managers played favoritism. The way you were treated was not based on your experience or how good you were at your job, but on how "fun" you were.I was disrespected a lot and had personal information of mine discussed between my peers from my manager while I was dealing with some health issues. It's a great place to get from a tech in training to a certified tech, but I would recommend not staying there too long.
Pros
Fast paced, Many resources
Cons
Employee's aren't treated well
One of the best retail companies
LEAD PHOTO SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 3, 2016
If you're going the route of retail, Walgreens was as good as it gets in my opinion. Great environment that allows many growth opportunities and treats it's employees well.
I really don't much care for this place
Certified Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring, TX 77380May 3, 2016
Doing the photo center was pretty awesome, to be honest.

I got to help people with the problems they were having in their images (i.e., too much colour, too dark, etc...)

It was honestly one of the coolest jobs I've had so far.

HOWEVER, the pay was terrible, they'd force me into doing cashier work instead, and I got FIRED for telling a customer the truth.

So, really, why would you ever wanna work there again?
Pros
Photos of nude women
Cons
Literally everything else
Customer oriented professional enviornment.
Senior Regional Director/Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 3, 2016
Walgreens enjoys a positive reputation among other businesses in the industry and among the communities across the country it serves. This position afforded me the ability to build and foster beneficial working relationships with collegues in the industry, elected officials and state decision makers.
Good and healthy environment to work in.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 2, 2016
A typical day at Walgreens is usually very busy day between handling cash for assisting the cashiers and helping customers with their concerns and requests. I learned how to deal with customers in a more effective way in order to provide them with better customer service. Management is good, being part of it I know that every one is willing to work with you and they are good at directing the crew and running the store with me. They help me learn more about managing and keep track of my progress as well. The hardest part of the job is just dealing with problematic customers, but at the end of the day resolving problems and making those type of customers apologize to you really is gratifying.
Pros
They work with you if you go to school.
Cons
They should pay a little better.
Productive and friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
All co-workers and management were always friendly but also efficient. workload was consistent and easy to deal with. I learned about the photo department along with stocking and constant customer service. The hardest part of the job was probably the fact that i didn't have a specific job there was a constant change in responsibility even so it helped build my flexibility while on the job.
fun workplace
shift lead (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 2, 2016
everyday you meet all kind of people and to be able to put a smile on someones face before they leave is a really good day for me sometimes all it take is for someone to notice that someone is having a bad day to just say something positive will maybe put a smile on their face everyone just need someone to listen to them lend an ear will go a long way maybe save a life
Pros
helping people
Cons
no breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Amherst, NYMay 2, 2016
I loved working for Walgreens but after 4 years, I realized I had more potential and needed something new. I was in charge of opening and closing the store, making sure price changes were done daily, received multiple vendors a day, stocked merchandise, was in charge of 5 aisles (as were my other co-supervisors) and ensured they were stocked, faced, and ordered things we were out of. I was in charge of the safe, and making sure it stayed at its normal amount. I counted down all the drawers in the morning and at night. I even had some training in the pharmacy (counting pills, labeling bottles, cashing etc.)
Like I said, it was a great job, but I'm looking to hopefully expand my horizons and gain experience in a different field/corporation.
Pros
Fast paced, interactive, multiple responsibilities
Cons
inconsistent schedules, slow pay raise
fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 2, 2016
Being a pharmacy tech at Walgreens was exciting there never was a dull moment. A typical day at Walgreen begins with you getting straight to work. If they're aren't any patients you will begin with filling and entering prescription. As the day go on customers being to com and you will have to ring them up and explain what is going on with their prescriptions. environment
Pros
nice environment to work
Cons
short break, pay
Customer Services is #1
SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILMay 2, 2016
Customer service is the main priority as well as well stocked shelves. We always made sure each customer was greeted and had everything they needed.
Productive Worplace
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ILMay 1, 2016
I've learned many things while working here as well as developed many new skills as well as perfected old ones. Its a great experience for students looking for their first job.
Pros
Work Expierience
Cons
Scheduling
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOMay 1, 2016
Not so happy how the employees are treated by the Management. If you wanted to be treated fairly, this isn't the location to work. Your over worked and under paid.
Pros
Customers and Employees
Easy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 1, 2016
small place easy to run small team which makes work usually go by fast and at ease. Working with customers feels like a community. inventory payroll and sales are easy to maintain.
Pros
great deals
Cons
need better pay