Walgreens
7,154 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Stagnet
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: fun people
Cons: bad management
This was a nice place to work. I was terminated due to the fact that they forced me to take a flu shot and then a day later was sick. I went to their clinic and they gave me antibiotics and a note that stated I would need to be off for three days. I called my supervisor who stated to bring the note in when I came back. So when I came back I turned in my note and then 30 minutes I was called into the office. They terminated my employment due to calling out the past three days. I called HR and had an investigation open where I had to go in a write an official statement and get interviewed and was told they would get back in a few days with a determination of the investigation and never heard back. I called every other day for two months leaving voice messages and would have emailed but they refused to give me the email.
work place
Photo Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Working for this company was a great experience I had. I hate that I was force to relocate jobs I could have had more time with the company
Walgreens
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILFebruary 25, 2015
it was good working at walgreens, and would defintely recommand someone who is trying to get into pharmacy field of study.
Stressful work environment but learned a lot
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Menomonie, WiFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: employee discount, close to home, routine
Cons: stressful, strict
Working here taught me a lot about retail being it was my first job in this department. My co-workers were great and the environment was great for the most part but I felt as if management was very strict. I was often stressed that I would lose my job after doing one wrong thing. They weren't as flexible with my scheduling as they had promised and they didn't schedule me the amount of hours they had promised which often times it was hard to make ends meet.
Productive and good environment
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Plantation, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: working different locations
A typical day is routine but working at different locations was interesting because of the different environments I would encounter.
Productive, fun and enjoyable place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: they gave me three raises, bought us lunch and had pot lucks
Cons: i enjoyed every part of the job
My job duties were to stock merchandise, assist customers, assist other co-workers, operate cash register, close register, clean store at the end of the day and help prepare for the opening of the store for the next day. I learned to be flexible and work where ever I was needed. The management were patient, caring and helpful, just as the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to have one cash register open when store was busy. The job was enjoyable, I looked forward to going into work everyday.
fun and fast paced work
externship (Former Employee), Tucson, AzFebruary 25, 2015
I had a wonderful time doing my externship at Walgreens, the pharmacist was very helpful to me and my education and my peers welcomed for the time I was there.
Lots of fun and great coworkers
Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: customer service and helping other people
Cons: some assistant managers could be very rude
busy times and very slowtimes, but when needed all coworkers were willing to pitch in to help eachother out, have lots of customers that would come in everyday nice to see friendly faces, it really helped me learn more customer service, something I really already liked doing.
Pharmacy Technician
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2015
I love learning about medications and drug formulations. I loved my fellow co-workers working in a retail environment. Also working as a team with the pharmacy manager
productive work place, enjoyed everyone
pharmacy externship (Former Employee), River Grove, ILFebruary 25, 2015
Constant movement

learned how the hospital is ran

Love them people there

I learn everyday to be honest

Co-workers are great

hospital overall is great
A day of managing
Shift Lead (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be arriving at 9am and immediately doing inventory of empty and ad items. I then fill as much as the customer demands allow. I will continue to do misc. daily tasks. I will close the day with cleaning (straightening/mopping etc.) the whole store. I've learned how to delegate tasks that will enable me to get the most work done possible in the fastest possible time while staying organized. My co-workers are very helpful, friendly, and productive team members that love working as a team. Ive learned that treating your co-workers as equal as possible to yourself is the best way to show them that you care. The hardest part of my job is providing every customer with as even experience as the next customer; this is difficult because it's simply impossible to be in two places at once. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smiles on the customers face for being so helpful, and from the employees for showing them respect which they in turn show to me.
Average Data entry atmosphere
Certified Pharmacy Technician / Process Advisor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: new hires were often not fit for data entry
My job is to provide feedback to specialists entering in prescriptions information. I have the ability to see the image a specialist see on my screen and provide an answer to their question. My job was not hard but was rewarding in that I could assist specialists in their jobs, and ultimately the patient. I learned that accuracy and efficiency are key to any productive teams goals. The hardest part of my job was answering questions that I felt should have been common knowledge or easily found in the operating procedures.The amazing people I worked with. Also I was giving numerous opportunities for leadership training
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Rio Rancho NMFebruary 24, 2015
Productive and fun place to work. If you enjoy working hands on with animals this is a great place to work. You feel as is you are apart of a family.
Productive, fun, and fast pace workplace
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: a total of 45 minute breaks, occasional free food, and nice and friendly co-workers
Cons: no secruity (unsafe environment)
A typical day at work (Walgreens) would be following tasks given by the manager that must be competed at the end of your shift in order for the store to please the customers as well as producing money for the store. While trying to get tasks done there were many more other small objectives that had to be done, such as assisting customers and answering phone calls. I have learned a lot from working for my several jobs especially Walgreens. I have learned how to finish objectives in a productive and timely fashion. I also learned from observational learning from my manager and co-workers how to manage others if needed. For example, training new employees and telling them what needs to be done in order for them to flourish as well as the company. The hardest part of the job was managing time, because when the store becomes busy you have to do a great job multitasking. If I was not able to multitask I would not be able to please the customers as well as finish my tasks in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with my co-workers and customers on a friendship and also business level.
Productive & Workable
Refurbish (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2015
I Am Satisfy At Any Work Place Because I Like Communicating With Others And Like Meeting New People. I Also Have No Problems With Any Co.workers At Any Time.
Fun fast paced work enviroment
Pharmacy/Photo tech (Former Employee), san antonio , texasFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: low pay
It was a fun and fast paced job to work for. Plenty of room for for advancement. Co-workers were always great. mostly enjoyed meeting new people and completing new tasks.
the most enjoyable part of the work
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Juan, PRFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: store discount
It was the customer service, they make your hard work easy with every smile. I learned how to please each one 100%, and if what they wanted was over or don't find it, I just give them some similar or same quality as they want it.
Employees are employees, nothing more
Elk Grove/Sacramento, Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), 7299 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA 95758February 24, 2015
Pros: ability to help patients
Cons: employees are employees, nothing more
The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of satisfaction while helping patients with their needs. Management is far away and does not know you.
Typical work day
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Augusta, GaFebruary 24, 2015
In a typical work day I either open or close the store. In both the opening or closing shift I am required to manage the money from the registers and the safe. We have a daily task list that is required to be done on every shift. I am required to make sure that all of the employees are getting their jobs done as well as making sure I get mine done as well. The hardest part of the job sometimes is finding the time to get everything done in the store especially when we are busy but in those situations we have to do the things on the list that are most important first and finish the rest the next day. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team. We all have different qualities that we bring to the table.
Better than CVS
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: under staffed
The job is tedious and require multi-tasking. But it is going through growing pains since it has been reverse bought out by Boots Alliance.

Work involves working with 1-3 people on getting various tasks done. Stocking shelves, scanning items, lifting boxes and unloading trucks. The hardest part is being able to work with customers. Some are quite friendly, but others are difficult, but the key things is being able to pacify them and convince them to take surveys as they affect the store's general likability.

Management is decent, but there can be trouble depending on the managers style. Typically the store manager only works when another manager is there to support them.

As a supervisor, its tough to encourage employees to do tasks and not waste time like being on their phones. You do not have any real authority power, so in essence you are a professional cheer leader but have the responsibility of a manager.

I do find it heartening that there are some hours available so the manager does not have to work with just a cashier and thats it. Additionally, it helps that there is focus and drive into recognizing employees for doing good work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more