Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 16,603 reviews matching the search
awesome employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NY 10305June 21, 2017
i love the store people are really friendly and always good sales to shop for and great training skills as well. people know what theyre shopping for and we were there to help them
Pros
half hour break
Cons
no team member discounts
Great experience as my first job.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 21, 2017
Walgreens was my first serious job and it was a wonderful job to experience in the real world. I worked cashier in the front end but also in the beauty section and also stocked the aisles.
Walgreens computer system is very good
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 21, 2017
Walgreens updates their system frequently However, staff do not have time to finish their learning on time because there is no actual time given for learning
Great place for advancement
Store Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 21, 2017
Great place for advancement. No stability in schedule constantly changing. Not equal in team work load. Pay too low for amount of responsibility as store team lead.
As a Shift lead
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 21, 2017
Expectations are high, work load is high, customer traffic varies from store to store. Thorough communication is a must, but isn't always clear, you have to make the difference. Breaks are rare, usually a 15 minute usually interrupted break can be found. expect to eat cold meals, and possibly gain some weight due to easy access to snacks. Job Description isn't clear, just know you have to work and will often work outside of normal requirements.
Pros
Never bored, Always moving, constant interactions with customers, Benefits
Cons
What lunch?
Employee and customer driven
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 21, 2017
Overall a very good place to get your foot in the door for retail experience. Work very well with personal needs and try to accommodate them if possible.
Pros
Good pay, training, and organized
Cons
Not always clean
productive day
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIJune 21, 2017
Providing friendly, courteous and efficient service to customers.
I was responsible for everything from cash register operations and customer service to merchandising, store inventory and maintaining store signage and displays. But overall it was a nice experience!
I have learned many valuable skills
Reimbursement Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJune 21, 2017
I have learned many valuable skills working with my counterparts.
My BCM has been a great source of information and really helped my to grow both personally and professionally.
Productive and great environment
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (EXTERN) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2017
A typical day at work from 8-4 consist of a slow morning from 8-10. At 10 a.m. it's when it usually picks up until about 8 in the evening. The things I've learned include Filling Prescriptions, putting in patient information, adding insurance information, managing inventory. I believe the hardest part of the job was handling insurance if they refused to help pay for a patient's prescription. The most enjoyable part was the other workers whom I had the pleasure of interacting with, especially with the Pharmacists.
Great place to work for benefits. Only down fall is you have to relocate to advance in company.
Head Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 21, 2017
This was a great job. Did not stay due to in order to advance to management I would have to travel anywhere from 40 minutes plus. That was not ideal for me as I was young when I held this position. The PTO and 401K benefits were fantastic. Only downfall was they are open for all holidays and that can interfere with family time.
ok place to work
Electrical/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJune 21, 2017
ok place to work was a fun crew on grave yard shift good team work we hand fun at our job 8 hour shift good pass down 17 miles of conveyors to work on we were always busy conveyor repair jams
Pros
good place to work
Cons
75 mile comute
Nice place to work management isn't the best
Cashier/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2017
WALGREEN'S is a great place to work and you can also move up in the company pretty fast it really nice environment and you get a chance to meet so many people
It was fun for sometime until things took a turn.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 21, 2017
Walgreens was first official paying job, it is where I learned about the work field. It was an amazing job at first, I enjoyed coming into work and had a positive attitude. Then the management team changed and there was a man hired as assistant store manager. When he was hired the store basically clasped within itself. Things that were supposed to be done within a matter of two hours or so were dragged out over weeks. The pay always became a problem because we were required to do more work than we were payed for. A lot of the employees started to feel underpayed towards the end of my career at Walgreens. I loved that place and everything it taught me but I knew when I decided to leave that I was making the best decision for myself.
Pros
I met some people who I still talk to even today.
Cons
The management team is very unorganized.
Decent job with good benefits but low pay
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 21, 2017
Walgreens is a great place to begin and advancement at one time was quick and rewarding but with time everything changes. Walgreens has seemed to have lost sight of taking care of its employees and making profits through sales they have transformed into making profits through slashing expenses which make the stores a terrible place to work.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Low wages, work place, and communication
Great people, great job!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 21, 2017
Working for Walgreens has been a great experience for me. Meeting new and interesting people everyday make the job fun. My co-workers are great and very helpful. Working as a team member you get a sense of being part of a family. I have learned to be patient with customers, work as a team, and have pride in a job well done. Schedules are flexible and management is very understanding. I enjoy working here and would suggest working for Walgreens to everyone i know :)
Pros
Discounts
Cons
part time work
High Energy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43223June 21, 2017
This was my all time favorite place to work! My direct manager was amazing, friendly, thoughtful, and worked with any schedule demands. Took the time to teach you what you needed to know to help one another out, as they act like a family rather than everyone is on their own (like it is everywhere else in business industry).
Pros
Amazing Pharmacy Family
Cons
secondary pharmacist would belittle everyone over and over again
Job
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
Usually understaffed, and underpaid. Although staff is always pleasant and kind. Pays less than competing drug stores, but willing to work around school schedules.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
low pay
love this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
My very first job. The best job ever I looked forward to getting up coming to work having regular customers. greeting people having small tlk. you can have a bad day but somebody always know what to say and most people are not bad people
Pros
help you become a people person
Cons
pay risk
Teamwork
Nationally Certified Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2017
My co-workers and myself work really hard to make sure our task and duties are done efficient and properly, but we do it as a team. That's what makes my job easier and keeps everyone in good spirits.
Very Productive and Fast Paced work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 20, 2017
A typical Day at work would be Keeping store front Clean. Greeting Customers, and helping them with merchandise and products in the store. It was very fast paced environment so I had to make sure customers were satisfied and happy. Management was always friendly and nice .Always enjoyed working with my co workers. What I learned working at Walgreens is that it is a fast paced work environment and you can't always work independently. Team work is always a great idea if you want work done properly. The dress code for Walgreens was Blue or black collared t shirt khaki or black pants, and Black shoes only. No jeans. The hardest part of working at Walgreens was dealing with some rude customers, But not all customers were rude, If you got a couple nice customers it would change the whole day.
Pros
Great Benefits, Happy Customers Nice environment
Cons
Long Hours Low pay. Corporate Goals at Unrealistic times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval