Walgreens Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

A Great place to work
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSJanuary 21, 2018
I stock shelves and restock. I set planograms. I check prices, order outs, check inventory, merchandise. Clean my area. Help customers. Check people out at register.
Pros
Interesting and fast paced
Cons
I have to work weekends and until 1:15 am too often.
The employees were fun. Store morale was off.
Beauty Advisor/Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 19, 2018
My general manager was absolutely fantastic but the assistant was really cool at first & then changed. She would sometimes be rude, leave earlier than she's suppose to, would create schedules to her benefits. The walgreens I worked wasnt all that great but walgreens in other locations may be great. I didn't really have a great experience working here.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Days missed at work (5days out of the year) no one worked what they were hired as
customers made it and employees made it fun
Service Clerk and Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 18, 2018
It was ok working there, but at the time I had to focus more on school so I didn't work as much. I didn't really care for management before he wasn't a team player with his staff.
Variety of positions
Beauty Advisor, Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, PAJanuary 18, 2018
A typical day at work had involved me assisting customers in different departments like the beauty and photo department. The most enjoyable part of the job was the repeat customers coming back in for their shopping experience.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
part time
Fun place to work
Senior Beauty Advisor - Cosmetic Department (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALJanuary 17, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my customers in Cosmetics. I miss them. Wlagreens didn't pay as well as they should've. They should be closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas, so employees can spend time with their families. Good benefits and made friends while working there.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, working holidays
First real job
Cashier, Beauty Advisor, Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJJanuary 16, 2018
This was my first ever job at 16 years old. I learned a lot over the 4 years I worked for Walgreens. I moved around a lot in the store as well. As a minor, I worked in Cosmetics which was great because I loved makeup and hair products. I would often be placed on the main register and the floor to do stocking. After I turned 18, I was able to be put into the Photo Lab which I loved a lot. Photo was very laid back and I loved developing pictures. I never got a raise for was able to move into a management position due to college commitments, but this job taught me a lot about retail and customer service.
Love it
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
i loved working here the clients and employees where like family. there where regulars that always came in and talked to us to make the days go by faster.
productive
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 16, 2018
I enjoyed working for Walgreens my job, the employees, the customers. As a place to work it was great after 131/2 years of service I didn't intend to leave.
Pros
I was taught a lot
Cons
I didn't make 20 Years
Overall great company
Beauty Adviser & Pharmacy Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 12, 2018
Had to work every holiday, even thanksgiving and christmas morning. Was not fair some employees did not have to work any holidays.
Made me manually change outside sign during snow when I was not properly dressed.
Very fast paced work environment, kept busy for sure which I enjoyed being busy and very involved. All things that I truly liked
Head Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 11, 2018
The environment was busy and productive in every way. I would always find things to do even if it was a little slow in the beginning of the day. I loved that there was so much to do and I balanced it the best I could. I got the job done no matter how busy and demanding the job was. I wouldn't have liked it any other way. I was motivated every day.
Pros
We were there for our customers, received good benefits and flexible scheduling
Cons
Sometimes miscommunication amongst employees and management
Fun place to work
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 11, 2018
Young staff, organized store, relaxed place to work, nice manager, fair schedule, some late nights, position not clear at times and there was favoritism.
prodcutive
Cashier, Beauty Advisor, Photo Lab Tech, (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJanuary 9, 2018
Price changes when sales were going on. Enjoyed helping customers in the beauty department. Enjoyed helping customers in the photo lab department, printing pictures in person or off the website.
Great environment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Very fun, coworkers made you feel extremely comfortable along with management
Definitely a place to learn about responsibility, as well as working well with others
Easy work learn new things all the time
Beauty Advisor/Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJanuary 1, 2018
Sometimes fun and easy and other times awful. Can be very productive and exciting. Challenging too. Different departments were interesting. Helping c customers were reward enough especially when you've helped them in their time of need
Pros
Knew my job
Cons
Too many chiefs not enough Indians
Received training in different departments
Cashier/Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 29, 2017
Walgreens was a steady working environment. There was always something to do and different to learn. Like inventory managing and about beauty products. Managers and co-workers were friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand if you needed it, The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with loss prevention. The most enjoyable part of working at Walgreens was having a positive impact on customers.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pay
Comfortable, Understanding Co-Workers
RETAIL/BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYDecember 29, 2017
Understanding management, flexible hours, friendly environment.
Learned how to multi-task, time management, customer service skills. Consistently working 30-40 hour weeks.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
short breaks
Bittersweet
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 29, 2017
I have always been treated well with Walgreens. It gave an opportunity to grow and advance myself. I have been recently treated poorly due to my religious beliefs.
Pros
opportunity to work
Cons
not always an understanding manager
Friendly environment and had plenty to keep you busy.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXDecember 28, 2017
I stocked shelves, answered phones, operated register, sold beauty products, cleaned, straightened shelves at the end of the night. The hardest part of the job was remembering all the beauty training for when a customer came in looking for a certain product for their type of skin. I loved helping people with their beauty needs.
Pros
friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Taking trash out
More worried about numbers than the customers
Service Clerk, Beauty Advisor, Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALDecember 26, 2017
I am grateful for the experience I received working for Walgreens. I learned many different skills while working there which got me to where I am today. I have no complaints about the management in the local stores. My complaint is mainly higher up in the company. It seems that they only care about numbers and not the customers.
Pros
discount
Cons
lack of value for the customers
It's not the worst job I've had.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALDecember 26, 2017
I've been with the company for awhile and of course there are always good and bad days but I overall enjoy my job. The stress is mostly due to the customers and how they react when things don't go their way. I enjoy it thanks to my coworkers who are like my second family. Management could use some work though, instead of freaking out over every little thing and stressing their employees out they could have our backs more when it comes to situations.
Pros
Discounts, first dibs on clearance and markdown items
Cons
short lunch and having to do a million things at once

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.