Walgreens Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Great place to work for college students
Customer Service Associate Dates of Employment (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63138January 20, 2018
excellent place to work for college students. Providing excellent customer service skills is a must. You must love working with people. The will work around your school schedule
Very laid back company.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 20, 2018
Job was very laid back. Offers flu shots and other things that I think is really good and convenient. Good discount as well. However certain locations are not safe to work and its a lack of security, or provided security for the employees safety.
Pros
Dsicount
Cons
Prices
Bad Company to work for
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 20, 2018
Horrible company. They hide behind review scores to give you a raise and if you score to low you don't get a raise, or if you get a raise because when you started they payed this much then 6 months later they started to pay this much well that was your yearly raise and you don't get another. The management is atrocious. No room for advancement from within.
Pros
Discount
Cons
over all excellent place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Posen, ILJanuary 19, 2018
cosmetics, cashiering, stock, customer service, great to work with the customers. hardest part of working the job was working with a manager that had a power issue.
Pros
excellent working opportunity
Cons
horrible management
It was not the best place to work, mainly due to management and being overworked.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJanuary 19, 2018
The job itself wasn't bad. The problem is that the management, including the store manager and the majority of shift leads, was not very good. They were lazy, they played favorites, and they made the job very difficult. On top of that, you tend to get overworked. I was scheduled to be part time, but always ended up having at least 39 hours per week. I was never allowed to call in, even when I was CONTAGIOUSLY sick with a doctor's note. I was always assigned many more duties during one shift than there should've been and I got penalized when I wasn't able to finish all tasks that were given. It was not an enjoyable place to be.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
bad management, understaffed
nice place to work
Customer Service Assoc (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJanuary 19, 2018
Nice place to work but the hours are kind of crazy. I liked the people I worked with we all seemed to get along. Slow times I needed more to do but I had to keep the register in view.
It was alright for my first job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 19, 2018
It was my first job. Good job for anyone looking for a first time job, or someone who is looking to take on a second part time job. They don't really hire many full time employees.
It's a good job for high school students
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2018
This job is a good job for high school students who can work nights and need extra cash. As a person with a car note, insurance, rent, etc., it was very hard to make ends meet. I had to work a part time job as well just to make sure I would have enough money to pay bills and I only ended up with may $100 in extra cash.
Good job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Flexible hours. Learned customer service. First retail job, easy going. Understandable with life situations. Work with peoples schedules. Manager is very kind.
Great people
Modesto - Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Easy job with only to stock up items and helping out customers. Wonderful experience overall with also great employees by your side to help you along throughout your day.
Good mangers who care about the custumers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 19, 2018
I ran the cash register upfront so dealing with customers was not a issue, i had a well rounded staff, we all went out of our way to make sure shoppers were pleased. Plenty hours to obtain there.
Stressful
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 18, 2018
the things they expect you to do in a day is unrealistic trying to do things in the main part of the store itself ( like remodeling, moving items around, making sure the store is clean/ presentable ext.)
while at the same time helping customers in the photo dept., helping the main cashier when the store is busy, helping out in pharmacy when it gets busy back there, and just helping customers in the store in general
Interesting
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJanuary 18, 2018
At my current store I feel that I am not treated fairly because I am younger so they think I am not as capable of accomplishing tasks. I have lost my love for the company due to the fact of the way my current store treats me and the hours they give me when I feel as if I am a hard worker and deserve more.
Very relaxed and easy going workplace albeit with some moments of stress
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MA 02072January 18, 2018
I enjoy my time working as it is very relaxed and not too demanding. For me, the hours were fair and my boss was more than willing to work with me to figure out a decent work schedule.
Pros
Paid time off
Walgreens
Customer Service Associate (CSA), Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2018
It is a fast pace job. There is a lot to do, and you will never be bored. I had a blast working here and was promoted just over a year working there and it was a blessing.
i loved walgreens
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOJanuary 18, 2018
walgreens is a great company to work at, their are sooo many opportunities at hand. u can work cosmetics, you can train in pharmacy, you can even work front counter, the customers are great u get commission as well. just a great job overall.
Job Is For A High School Student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Walgreens was a Okay Job In the beginning I started out as overnight (had no security btw) just me and one assistant manager but overnight stop after Walgreens co started cutting hours and the district decided to close the store at 12am. I begin only working 2 Days Out The Week And That was All weekends . Never respected my requested time off when i was full time , lazy co Workers it was just Bad Never Again 👎🏾
Pros
Slow Days
Cons
Everything Else
walgreens do not care bout you
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2018
They don't work around your schedule. I had a 2nd job and they literally schedule whenever and didn't care bout that job, no raises,short breaks, only hire as part time and if you want 40hrs, you have to work at more then one store. I hate walgreens.
work culture is good
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CA 94513January 18, 2018
it was fun job but they never gave me a raise and they kept promoting everyone else but me and i kept asking why im not getting any of that and they said it was bc evryonelse has been working there longer than me.
good atmosphere poor advancement opportunities
Customer Service Associate; Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJJanuary 17, 2018
Days differ based on service trucks and store crowds. Management promises advancement opportunities often but rarely follow through with the promises.
Cons
long hours, repetitive tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.