Walgreens Employee Reviews for Pharmacy Technician

fast paced pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZNovember 22, 2017
The typical day at Walgreens was very fast paced, but the people you work with make it fun.Although it gets stressful at times, asking for help is a common thing and everyone is always willing to give an extra hand to each other to try to make things run a bit smoother.
fast paced pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mukwonago, WINovember 21, 2017
great place to work except for the low pay. long hours on your feet. great learning environment and management. the customers really made you understand their side of needing prescriptions and some not needing prescriptions.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Interesting place to work
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 20, 2017
Walgreen's is a great place to work if you can get enough hours to make it worth your while. They did not have sufficient hours for me. So I chose another job that did.
Productive and fast pace
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXNovember 20, 2017
Would come in on night shifts when rush hour would start from 5-6 p.m.Customers treat the Drive-through like a fast food restaurant and expect the meds in 10 minutes. Really cold in the Pharmacy because of the room temp for the meds. I learned multitasking is KEY. People would come in and would they will be waiting for their prescription to be filled. One needs to balance the time to check and manage the 'Waiter's' script. The nights from 8-10 are the best times to clean and organize because it gets very slow. Birthdays are great, gets cake/cupcakes and holidays there are potlucks, gift exchange, and more hours from the holidays. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the insurance cover the medications that were really expensive and seeing the look on the customers face when they pay less than $20.
Pros
Pharmacist buys pizza Monday-Wednsday for pharmacy members.
Cons
Low staff
I loved my store
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 19, 2017
Everyone I worked with was amazing, helpful, and great with customers. I learned so much while working here, and I would suggest working here to anyone who is interested in pharmacy.
NO Organization
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLNovember 19, 2017
Been with Walgreens for 17 years and every year this company gets even worst. I put a vacation day in and they still call me to come in. No one helps you. Just terrible company to work for.
Cons
Short lunch breaks. No extra help, no hours
Fun
Pharmacy Technician PT (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 18, 2017
The job was a amazing experience i did enjoy every second of what i did each and every day. I am going to miss every second i spent at this facility and i will never forget anything i learned.
Make a positive difference in the lives of others
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2017
Expect to be yelled at from impatient customers. Annoying repetitive beeping noise when a car is in the drive-thru. Frequent multi-tasking. Short lunch breaks.
Stressful
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2017
Under paid and over worked. Very intense and fast pace with not enough help. With experience more pay should be offered but it is not. Really not much room to grow
walgreens
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILNovember 16, 2017
this job is horrible, you hardly get any breaks and the pay terrible. I would not recommend this job to anyone ... that's how bad this job is not to mention the rude customers.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  29 west hialeahNovember 16, 2017
Para mi aber trabajado en Walgreens fue una experiencia maravillosa , ya que aprendi michisimas cosas nuevas k no sabia . Y muy buenas personas k se encuentran hay
Good start
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLNovember 16, 2017
Walgreens is a job to get your foot in the door regarding pharmacy positions. Very fast paced. Technicians have to do pretty everything from ordering meds, typing prescriptions, and billing insurances. Learned a lot.
productive fast company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 16, 2017
Like working there into the company mad a lot of changes. New manager let ever one do what they want. A lot of the work would fall back on a few of the employees.
Not a fun work place
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 15, 2017
Learned a lot from Walgreens but they overwork you typical corporation and retail pharmacy. All about scripts count and money.Work is easy honestly we just don't have enough workers.
Pros
stable job
Cons
overwork
fast paced environment
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2017
i was able to move up from a customer service associate to be in the pharmacy. the hours were long and the pharmacist were snappy a lot but i was able to learn a lot from them and im grateful for the experience i received.
rotating managment
Tech/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 15, 2017
rules changed weekly as did management. Lowest pay in industry in this area. Late hours with early morning, rude customers with no management backing. Catty coworkers.
Extern hours
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2017
I was mainly at Walgreens in order to complete my required hours in order to receive my Technician License. I was very fast paced but i think a great learning experience for someone to start to learn about retail pharmacy
balanced work enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXNovember 14, 2017
It was a fair balanced work enviroment although it was odd having to fulfill other work positions other than what you were hired to do. Not an issue since I was able to acquire even more retail experience. The managers were nice and proffessional.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 13, 2017
high paced and competitive but in a healthy way that makes you grow as an employee and in your job field. I was at a location in Buffalo NY from 2004-2007.
A lot of tasks and responsibilities for little compensation
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, CANovember 13, 2017
Very challenging and fast paced work. My tasks consisted of answering phones assisting with lines, drive thru and filling prescriptions, while placing medication orders in a timely manner.
Hardest part is time management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer interaction.
Pros
Kind customers, close to home
Cons
Very little pay and cut hours during holiday season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.