Walgreens Employee Reviews for Shift Leader

Productive place to work with room for advancements
Shift Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCNovember 18, 2017
I loved working at Walgreens as a Shift Lead Manager. Working as a shift lead I was able to get my hands in a little bit of everything: being a cashier, assisting filling prescriptions in pharmacy, running a cash register, etc. Definitely a good, fast-paced environment for someone who is available for open scheduling.
Pros
Employee discount, regular customers, my manager
Managment a joke
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 18, 2017
DM, could not be bothered, they promoted a pharmacist to store manager who has NO Retail experience ??!
And wonder why they cannot keep people.
Plano grams are always late and rushed.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else short staff unless its truck day
Terrible Place To Work (Kimball & Ridgeway Waterloo IA)
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 17, 2017
This is the absolute worst place I have ever worked! The manager has no clue of how to run the store. I was constantly left with only 1 or 2 employees to run the store. That means everyone is over stressed and miserable. The employee moral is -100! This causes constant conflicts between employees and no one can wait for their shift to end. Don't even bother to ask the manager for any assistance, you will not get it.
Pros
Pay is fair, Benefits okay
Cons
Work environment is terrible, Management is terrible, Stress level at work is off the charts, Short staffed all the time to increase the companies bottom line, Reviews are always negative, Raises are rare
Fun place to work
Shift Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WANovember 14, 2017
Walgreens is a great place to work for a few years. The management staff is amazing and does their best to accommodate all schedule time off requests. This can be difficult during the holidays
Fast paced and manageable
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CANovember 13, 2017
I enjoy working for my company, I am able to make decisions without having to be micromanaged. I always have a positive outlook and find solutions for both our team members and our customers.
very fast paced
Shift lead (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCNovember 10, 2017
I give walgreens an awesome review and i hope to be able to work there again. I had to leave due to the fact that since i have 4 children i could no longer work 3rd shift and at the time there were no transfers or day shifts available
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Great work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2017
This company is very good but sometimes the schedule really didn’t sit well with me.O have 4 children and having a weird work schedule I always struggled with it.I didn’t see kids much because of my shifts.but other than that it was a great job
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours not set
Ok Company
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MINovember 9, 2017
First job out of high school. Started as a service clerk and worked my way up to shift lead. Taught me alot about the work life but wages in the retail profession are low so I changed carreers
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
low pay
Solid company to work for until ownership changed
Shift Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2017
Had a great manager and a good team for the most part. I truly enjoyed every aspect of my job until they began rearranging titles, essentially forcing me to either accept new title/position, or be demoted and take a cut in pay. As Shift Floor Lead, it became extremely stressful.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lousy hours
A typical day at work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 8, 2017
A typical day at walgreens would be having your boss yell at you while trying to do your job. The store manager would always yell at you for anything.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Rude manager and robbers
Under Paid, Over Worked, Under Staffed
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 7, 2017
As a shift lead you do the same job as the ASM and get paid pennies. They don't want you to move up. Seeing it benefits them to keep you in the same position. High turn over and don't want to hire anyone once they let people go. Under staffed to be a 24 hour Walgreens specially in the Pharmacy. As a shift lead they expect you to run the front with one person and still help in the pharmacy. The Pharmacy comes first as they say. But what about your front end customers.
Pros
having a job and the customers
Cons
low pay, no advancement, under staffed
A great place to work
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  St Thomas, VINovember 6, 2017
Walgreens 13846 is a very busy store from open to close. The best part of the job is our customers, it's fulfilling when you provide something they thought we did not have even if it means ordering the items.

For the most part I enjoy working with our associates. However, the associates are the hardest part of the job and ironically also makes it very fulfilling. Associates don't believe that reliability or punctuality are necessary. They believe that the store should bow to their individual needs. I know that sometimes life gets in the way, so it is very important to have balance when dealing with the human equation verses the company's policy and requirements. That is my biggest challenge and I love it.

Unfortunately, the United States Virgin Islands career compensations compared to the mainland is extremely low, considering the cost of living.
Pros
Compensations
Cons
Salary
stressfully annoying work place, with little to no real management
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 5, 2017
i never liked working here i honestly don’t know why i’ve been here so long. the staff is horrible so is management i really wish i didn’t waste 2 years of my life that i’ll never get back at this horrible place.
Pros
are none
Cons
short lunches, under staffed, crazy turnover rate
Productive work place. Friendly co-workers. Job Hours/Shifts change daily. No work life balance.
Shift Lead, Full Time (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2017
Nice place to work. Supportive co-workers. Need to be extremely flexible due to the work schedule hours given. Ongoing education is available with mandatory courses.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Job Hours
Fast paced and a variety of tasks that allow you an opportuity to learn
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HINovember 4, 2017
Consisting of a crew whose not afraid to work hard, Walgreens Hilo is a fast paced and awesome place to work. Always something to do and never a dull moment, it gives an individual an opportunity to learn so much in retail and customer service. You learn to become quick in resolving issues and motivated to accomplish daily tasks.
Typical drug store
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  NebraskaNovember 4, 2017
"savings" come at cost of employee pay. If you are looking to be a lifer then with stock options the benefits off set low wages. Options for advancement are limited. Good starter job for young pharmacists.
A great place to explore opportunities and learn
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNNovember 3, 2017
I do enjoy a great deal about working at Walgreens. I have learned a great deal about retail and business while there. My desire to leave stems from the fact that over the last few years their employee pay rates have become no longer competitive. Since I am a supervisor this means the quality and experience of those I supervise varies greatly and the best of them quickly leave for higher paying jobs elsewhere and the worst of them wash out pretty quickly, leaving the leadership team to always pick up the slack. Corporate leadership claims to be committed to customer service but continually cuts hours and positions from their stores, This has gone on since shortly after I joined the company, across their entire North American Operation. I support the idea of keeping staffing at low levels and gaining efficiency through process improvement.I have managed such efforts for other employers but I do not believe that is what is happening at Walgreens at this time.
Pros
flexible hours, decent career path
Cons
Low pay and very expensive, unusable health insurance package
Walgreens
Designated Hitter/Shift Lead in Training (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 3, 2017
Good place to work for, depending on the location, there is always something to do. Good culture and lots to learn. Easy to thrive and work as a team. Good skill builder.
long days when the management doesnt care
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, FLNovember 2, 2017
.I was a member of management and I can tell you that the upper management couldnt care less about the employees. They are very rude and money focused
Don't work here
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Stanton, CANovember 1, 2017
This company was good when it was still family owned, but then it became corporate and now they care more about the bottom line than employees and customers. Really not a very good place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.