Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 16,674 reviews matching the search
Loved it
Sales Associate / Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2017
The time i worked at walgreens was one of the best. I really liked it there. Would go back if it was an option to me. Had a great team and never did I feel not showing up
Great Place to work.
Head Photo Technician/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 24, 2017
A typical day at Walgreens would be coming into work to process prints. I work in the photo department so I process pictures as well as make a few items dealing with photos for customers.
Pros
great staff
Cons
hours getting cut
Busy, busy
Customer Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 24, 2017
There was always plenty to do and I enjoyed my co-workers very much. The employees worked together as a team and made for a pleasant work atmosphere.
Pros
Teamwork, comraderie
Cons
Always short handed, poor cross-training
Rewarding workplace if concessions are made
District Operations Trainer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 24, 2017
Walgreens can be great to work for if you are willing to do everything that is asked of you. The company offers a multitude of positions that allow for a large amount of career development in many different areas.
Pros
Vacation benefits
Cons
Long hours and stressful environment
Good company to work for
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Coos Bay, ORJune 24, 2017
Company treats employees well. Offers decent pay, good benefits and you accumulate time off. Very accommodating to my school schedule. Great employees, upbeat place to work.
Good job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NY 10703June 24, 2017
They were extremely understaffed when I worked there this resulted in me having to work multiple departments at a time. Which I guess was a good learning experience. It could just be very stressful. Management was descent. You do have the opportunity to move up.
Pros
you can learn a lot of different things
Cons
can be very stressful
enjoyable customer service job
On-Site Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 24, 2017
*The employees were very professional and respectful.
*I learned different ways to handle certain situations with customers.
*Talked to new people ever day.
Great job for student
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 24, 2017
Walgreens was my first job and it really heped me understand and gain customer service skills. i worked at a 24 hr Walgreens so you had a choice of when you wanted to come in. They were very flexible while in school and understanding. The discount was really nice because you got 15% off of walgreens merhandise and 25% off of walgreens brand merchandise.
it's a summer job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2017
It is a summer job. There is no point in working there in the long term unless you move up the chain of command in the company. You can work there as a regular employee for the short-term.
Great team.
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJune 24, 2017
Busy pharmacy, hardworking and efficient team.
Learned to be patient with unwell customers, coming from the urgent care or hospital which are located within a mile's radius.
Stressful management don't work here
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 24, 2017
Walgreens as whole is a great store merchandise wise, but this specific walgreens has terrible management. They're known to treat you they way they want to, don't go by he book have favoritism and never report serious issues such as (workeplace harassment, sexist).
Pros
You can make fun of management in the back room and have rap battles
Nice break room and friendly staff.
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 24, 2017
I like working at Walgreens, I felt I really contributed to the work there and I was confident in myself during the work experience that I had. I really enjoyed my time there and it was one of my favorite places to work for. I hope to find more work places that are just as rewarding as this one was for me.
Pros
Decent break room and friendly work staff.
Cons
Short break time
Decent Job, But Not a Career
Front End Cashier and Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEJune 24, 2017
If you're looking for a part-time job or something to hold you over, this is a fine place to work. However, don't bet on getting full-time. Trying to make a long-term career out of this job is not easy.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff, helpful management
Cons
Not enough hours to divide between store employees
Depends on the store
Certified Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, TNJune 24, 2017
I worked at various stores as a 'borrowed' employee. My home store was great, but others had serious management issues. At one store, I got screamed at to the point of backing me into a wall for doing something per Walgreens policy, but not the sloppy way the manager wanted. Their advancement opportunities were a joke though. I was training some of the new assistant managers coming in, but could not advance to management myself because I did not have a 2 year degree... in anything. I was basically told I'd have a better chance of advancing with an associates in something completely unrelated and zero experience, than with my experience with the company and training their managers in the same position I was applying for.
Good practice and knowledge
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJune 24, 2017
Actually, working foe Walgreen is a good opportunity for any body, however, the work there is very stressful and you a lot of distraction of phone calls, drive through, dispensing, .... etc. It is easy to make a mistake.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
cutting hours with the increase of business flow!!!!!
Customer Service/Leadership Trainee (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2017
This is a pretty good place to work! Everybody is nice, they are understanding, and benefits are all really nice! I don't have anything bad to say about them!
Pros
Everybody is nice, understanding
Cons
not a set schedule
Self-motivated work place with great team work
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 24, 2017
The hardest part of the job is customer service and the most enjoyable part of the job is team work. A typical day at work involves receiving, typing, and filling hundreds of prescriptions as well as resolving other issues such as insurance and inventory. It is a fast pace environment which encourages team work and self motivation.
it was a nice friendly store to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJune 23, 2017
helping Customers with cashing there produce out stocking shelf cleaning Organizing helping Customers find there items they was looking for in the store .
Pros
clean break room
Cons
to may breaks
Good Job for beginners in the work industry
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 23, 2017
A great place for new workers or high school students, but not a good Job for people with families. Rate of pay isn't enough. And hours are very limited.
Pros
Good people
Cons
30 min breaks just arent long enough
A good college job, but limitted opportunities
Cashier and Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 23, 2017
Walgreens provided me the opportunity to pay my own way through community college. However, as a service clerk there wasn't much chance for advancement without a college degree, but the advancement opportunities there were, would not have allowed for continuing formal education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.