Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,383 reviews matching the search
walgreens
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 9, 2016
typical work days are usually steady pace to busy which is a good thing keeps your eyes off the clock. great management and coworkers and flexible scheduling. The hardest part is dealing with upset customers, the best part about working here is the atmosphere meaning your management and coworkers. you can deal with an angry customer for about 10-15 minutes. you work with the same people your whole shift.
Pros
pay moving up employees management
Cons
none really besides angry customers and if you work with very slow pace people
Walgreen's
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakville, MOJuly 8, 2016
Help health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist. Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs, and dispense the correct medication to the correct patient. Maintain records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
Pros
Great Learning Experience
Cons
One lunch break, you never get to leave on time.
Ideal starting point for a pharmaceutical career
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAJuly 18, 2016
Workdays were busy between filling patient prescriptions and tending to patients' needs. This was the starting point of my pharmacy technician career, so I learned a lot from my senior technician from proper sig codes for typing prescriptions to how to handle several different insurance rejections. Management and coworkers maintained a good blend of "straight to business" and family oriented attitudes. The most difficult part of the job was during rush hours when many patients would drop off and pick up their medications at once.
Nine Place to Work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2016
• Maintain up to date passenger records in customer database, making all necessary changes in status, client contact information, fare/rider type or other important field entries.
• Able to bring order out of chaos and defuse emotionally-charged, disruptive situations.
• Perform at a highly energetic level; self-motivated with a sense of timing and practical organizational methods to ensure efficiency of assignment completion.
Pros
Cons
Went out of business
My View
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYJuly 20, 2016
The typical day is pretty ordinary. When I was working there it was for internship for the Pharmacy Technician program. I wanted to do as a career especially even further the education to Pharmacist. I learned everything I needed to know to become a pharmacy technician when I completed the program in The Academy of Eastern Long Island of Applied Technology. My co workers were pretty good people, I enjoyed every second of it. There wasn't any hard part about the job really and like I said I enjoyed everything about it. I learned from the experience.
poor communication and management
Photo Specialist/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJuly 16, 2016
I got employed at Walgreens September 2015 and at first everything was okay but I started to realize the communication and the service was very poor the management didn't communicate well the shift leads have attitudes or didn't want to communicate well it's just a very poor company to work for I've never worked for a company like this one I've been working retail since I was 14 years old and Walgreens has to be the worst retail experience I've had.
Pros
some of my coworkers were really nice they would get me through the day.
Cons
communication, leadership sucked
I enjoyed my job and it was very rewarding
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 25, 2016
A typical work day consisted fo filling prescriptions, stocking inventory, making sure the robot was filled with medication, I leared how to call certain insurance companies to find out why a prescription could not be filled, or the cost of a prescription. I've always worked with the greatest Pharmacy Manager always avalible for questions or help at any time.The most enjoyable part was dealing with customers an making sure the had there medications.
No family life 10 to 12 hour shifts tired always and Walgreens company doesn't care.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IL 62864July 21, 2016
Everything is based on their profit which in business is expected but they don't value their employees to expect them to have family life and reasonable hours overtime is constant poor shift selections to work management is most the time lost poor decisions being made from upper management. The Mount Vernon DC has definitely lost personal care for all their employees morale is completely gone. All they care about is what more we can do for them as they take more and more from us vacations that we had earned from years ago are now gone they are now talking about removing all or holidays.
Pros
Hard to say
Cons
Easy to see
Extremely challenging!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2016
Being the new CPhT to this state and store, acquiring the trust and worthiness of co-workers and management is a process.I have been with Walgreen's for nine years and new state, new rules.The hardest part of my job: getting used to different shifts, I had set hours in WIS. I don't mind it, just something to get used to. I love being a pharmacy technician, it challenges me everyday, the people, the doctor's, the insurances, all of it, you are never doing the same thing for very long, and the busier it is the better, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Pros
I learn something new everyday.
Cons
You learn something new everyday.
Fun workplace, decide boundaries beforehand
Clerk/Cashier, Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
It can be a hit or miss employment opportunity depending on location. I've had negative and positive experiences in different locations. You need to have your boundaries set and clear, when you'll confidently be able to work, and what kind of work you are willing to do, otherwise overreaching leads and managers will work you to the bone.
Pros
Great culture, potential benefits, great co-workers
Cons
Crazy hours, some management can be unreasonable, corporate changes ongoing.
Motto is always do more with less
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 25, 2016
I spent 12 years at Walgreens. It wasn't bad in the beginning but became progressively worse as time passed. Tech hours were the first to be affected, then the pharmacists. Management had no problem treating us as dispensable items. Absolutely no respect for the pharmacists. Added more clinical duties without more tech help. You often left work feeling drained with nothing more to give to your family when home. Lesson to management, happy employees generate good business via providing good customer service because the employees feel valued. Treat all employees with respect and you will see.
Pros
salary
Cons
breaks? what breaks? Disrespectful management, poor work/life balance
Productive place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 7, 2016
I only work nights and a typical evening is speaking with patients regarding their scripts, typing scripts, filling, and stocking the pharmacy. The hardest part of the job is meeting the time on filling the prescriptions and dealing with angry customers/patients. I enjoy this place because they are flexible with students hours, they are a productive environment, and all the pharmacists are very helpful in teaching technicians to perform their jobs better. Love the diversity!
Pros
multi-tasking, fast-paced, diversity
Cons
unfriendly customers, missed deadlines causes high stress
Great for advancement and opportunity, not family friendly
Shift Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagle River, WIJuly 11, 2016
I was able to move up in the company fairly quickly. I had many different opportunities to chose from as well. hourly wage is decent for a large company. benefits were reasonable, with options for fsa accounts and profit sharing. Not a family orientated company. They are every day including holidays and you are required to work a certain amount of holidays.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
open during holidays
Good place to work unless you end up with bad managers and there are a lot
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Colleyville, TXJuly 22, 2016
Biggest problem with walgreens is their management. They don't care about the employees, and when you put in legitimate complaints, the DMs tend to just brush it aside.
I have several years in management, and you will lose employees quick if you do not treat them right, and that is walgreen's biggest problem, otherwise a decent place to work.
Pros
employee discount of 15-25%
Cons
Most managers will not give you lunches are breaks.
Productive, high-paced and self-satisfactory work environment with a competitive culture
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 11, 2016
I love working in a high-paced atmosphere with many challenges and deadlines. This job makes time fly and creates a tremendous feeling of accomplishment upon meeting deadlines and completing projects. Its hardly work, more like a day-to-day competition in business for which you get well compensated. I enjoy coming in to work each morning and pushing my staff to greater heights. Maximizing work output is key.
Pros
Fast-paced, challenging, competitive and fun
Cons
More organized events outside of working hours for all levels of management and non-management
Was Great until new managment came in.
Cashier/ Floor and Stocker/ Photo (Former Employee) –  Aurora, INJune 30, 2016
I loved this job until new management came in, took away everyone's hours and was very rude to all the staff. I worked there for 8 months and averaged out around 25-35 hours a week and so did the rest of my coworkers, when new management came in we all averaged around 10-15 hours a week. 5 people quit and pursued better jobs because we were done with the harassment and terrible hours.
Pros
Slow and steady job, discount is 15% off store 25% off store brand
Cons
new management
Very warm and welcoming place.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MN 55423June 24, 2016
Working at Walgreens on a daily basis is very fun yet educating. I have learned many different health, and pharmaceutical fundamentals with the year I have been with the company. The management there are highly understandable and very easy to work with. The most difficult part of my day on the job was be teaching myself patients when I first started working there, but working with the team I have completely changes my mood and day in the best way.
Busy and Fun place
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILJune 22, 2016
Typical day at work was very busy since it was 24 hrs and 365 days open. I have worked on all most all major holidays. I enjoyed everyday because it kept me busy. I learned a lot about sales, organization, and team work. Managers were great. we all worked as one team. Co-workers were very helpful. Hardest part of the job was to leave my co-workers and the most fun part of the job was to finish our task on time and serve our customer.
Pros
Great Co-worker
Cons
Healthcare plan
Productive fun working environment
Retail sales/cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLJune 30, 2016
A typical day at work is stocking shelves helping customers and using the Point of Sale system. I've learned the different departments in the store and how to better approach customers. The management is helpful and friendly and will help whenever needed. My co-workers are a wonderful group of individuals we're like a family. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such a diverse group of people and helping customers.
Pros
Fun workplace with room for advancement
Cons
Short breaks
Invigorating and Challenging Environment
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJuly 6, 2016
The company was vibrant place to work. Each week presented new and demanding challenges. There is a culture of constant learning that s refreshing. The culture has a history of applying the Rotary 4-way test, which is some hat assuring. Overall a rewarding and challenging experience. You will learn a lot.
Pros
Great discounts and rewards program is pretty good, Very exciting to be on the forefront of technology, innovation in healthcare
Cons
Lot of organizational changes and restructuring due to election cycles and the Affordable Care Act