Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 17,244 reviews matching the search
Productive, fun, and balanced workplace.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
Overall a great place to work with a lot of opportunity for growth in the company. I work with a great group of employees that are highly engaged making the customer experience one to remember.
Pros
Helping customers and seeing the look of satisfaction.
Cons
Having to deal with dishonest persons/customers.
i owe it to them
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 25, 2017
walgreens is were i was able to get my pharmacy technician license if it wasnt for walgreens i would not be where i am today. i enjoyed working there and i would recommend them to anyone
when everyone come together and work together as a team
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2017
A typical day Was when its warehouse day and we are short staff and we cant get to put out all merchandise that had arrived on that day another typical day is when and night we are understaffed and we Always seem to make the day work out with just a few people we have
decent place to work for
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
opportunity to advance is there but you are seen as unreliable once a call-in to the employer is in place-managers are very nice and courteous as long as you are considered dependable and reliable in their eyes.
we have come a long way....
designaed hitter (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I love my work family. But I am currently looking for a career that is paying more money so that I can provide a better future for my children.
Great job.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2017
It was a great job to work at but me personally just felt like it was time to move on so i could better myself and my career. I enjoyed the management.
productive and fun experience with co-workers
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 25, 2017
all the pharmacists and pharm techs were super nice and taught me as many as possible. I liked the atmosphere that they worked so hard and being nice each other.
productive place to work
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 25, 2017
Great place to work entire staff is very friendly and helpful I love the fact that we all work together and get the job done I have learned so many new task that is essential for my position that I was not aware of management is great very easy to talk to open door policy the hardest part of the job for me is sometimes I forget new task but I enjoy my co-workers they are all very helpful they assist me during that a time with an understanding attitude and no question is dumb the most enjoyable part for me is working with a great group of people and meeting new people and assisting helping them.
A good job while in school, but not practical for life.
Customer Service/ Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 25, 2017
As a customer service employee and photo specialist, I printed and edited photos for customers as well as checked out customers buying essentials. I learned a good deal of customer service skills as well as how to work a range of different printers. The management was an inconsistent mix of fantastic to destressing, many having conflicting views about how tasks should be done, which only comes back to bite employees. The workplace feels unsafe when customers become aggressive over thing out of your control, but most people are fairly kind. The most difficult part of the job is standing for eight hours straight, and if the store is understaffed it can be hard to get a mandatory break in. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is helping customers print photos as gifts or for personal decoration.
Pros
Easy job to understand, good at teaching organization, service, and social skills.
Cons
Short breaks if any, little to no benefits, inconsistent management views and goals, standing for eight hours can be excruciating.
beauty consultant
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2017
I come in and do whatever I'm told, cashier, stock person, or a beauty consultant. I loved the customers and co-workers but the company overall wasn't really good at managing.
Learning experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2017
Filling medicine for customer. I learned how to type rx and do insurance. Managent was great and easy to work with. Was great. Trying to pronounce the names of the drugs. Working with the crew
Pros
Good people
Great Company
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 25, 2017
I loved working for them. They make you work hard but the pay is worth it. I got hurt on the job and they tried placing me elsewhere but the management at my store was not the nicest.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Management has favorites
Stable social work environment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJuly 25, 2017
This company has routine standards for the sales floor and customer service. This aids in the golden rule of practice makes almost perfect, on the sales floor and in the general workplace. The face-to-face interactions with customers also aids in building customer relations and the chance to make a good social impact on the services that are provided to the customers.
Pros
Neighborhood friendly atmosphere
Cons
none applied
Company has changed
SFL (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 25, 2017
This company no longer values hard work and loyalty. They take hours and expect more work. They get rid of people who have pride and loyalty, so they can pay less wages.
Pros
Cons
Low wages, no respect
A very fast paced environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2017
Walgreens is a very fast paced work environment and I loved that, however they are always short handed and have a big employee turn over. There pay isn't that competitive and you hardly every get a raise.
There is a lot of unethicial things done by the management and ASM's.

I did well there and advanced quickly to not to have ever worked in retail.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Unprofessionalism
Great place to work with ample opportunities for growth
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJuly 25, 2017
I love working with Walgreens. The pay is great, and they offer benefits for full-time employees. There is never a boring moment, as each position is given multiple tasks throughout the shift to complete. Management is more than happy to help the employees grow and become better. All of my coworkers are helpful and work as a team, and are incredibly friendly.
Pros
Discounts on most products; benefits for full-time employees
Cons
No set schedule: different from week to week
daily task at work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, NCJuly 25, 2017
While working at walgreens we practice workflow. We have many responsibilites while handling medications.I have a great group of people i work with and enjoy my job. I am looking for something that interest me.
fine
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 25, 2017
everyone here was always friendly, helping each other out. it was a juggle with the shifts but we always figured it out. I enjoyed it here but things could always be better
Pharmacy Managers tend to play favorites among team employees
District Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Halfmoon, NYJuly 25, 2017
disappointing that adult RPh Managers are really good walgreens leaders but are generally just lousy people
Pharmacy Managers tend to worry to much on store metrics and not people in general
Pros
healthcare
Cons
immaturity among adult staffing
Quite and fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 25, 2017
It is a perfect high school job for students looking to make some extra cash on their free time and looking for a career job to start their future with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.