Walgreens

8.7K reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Bags of Drugs
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Enid, OKAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Pharmacy
Cons: sick people
Organized prescription forms in filing system. Generated of filling prescriptions, inventory procure and stock medications.
Retail Pharmacy has you on your toes
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Days fly by
Cons: High Stress
Great when your co workers flow as a team ,but when the flow was thrown off it gets very, very stressful in a hurry. A very steep learning curve but with a great pharmacist with patience you will survive lol
First time job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 28, 2015
They offered me a job because of a program I was in, in High School. So it was great learning experience. I enjoyed my time there and everyone I worked with was so supportive.
Productive, fast pace environment, it keeps you on your toes, people are wonderful and so were the patients, you build relationships there.
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great computer software in the pharmacy world, very easy to use.
Cons: Healthcare benefits diminishing and hourly cuts due to seasons and percentage rates on sales, rx counts, expecting pharmacy to meet quotas on sales for hours.
Always busy, time flies, management was always helpful, co-workers easy to work with, always very thoughtful, hardest part of the job, hours cut so lack of staff, more workload on team, but hey we got it done! The people I worked with, the ease of Pharmacy Software, the good work flow and system, it went smoothly.
Enjoyable experiences with coworkers
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Vail, AZAugust 27, 2015
Good experience. Not much opportunity for advancement. Pay rate starts kind of low, especially for a person with experience. Coworkers are enjoyable.
never will work for them agagin
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2015
management was rude and didn't care about your personal needs
• Cashiered
• Verified health insurance
• Typed, filled, and filed prescriptions
• Worked under a licensed pharmacist
• Called doctors’ offices, patients, and insurance plans
• Stocked medications, cleaned, and alphabetized shelves
• Input patient data and medication orders into computer system
Tortuous work conditions, inefficient company
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 27, 2015
12 hour shifts with no break
expect >50 mile commutes with no mileage reimbursement
cutting hours and adding responsibilities
Walgreens does not care about their employees well-being
Good Job for High School/College Students
Shift Lead (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Easy advancement
Cons: Unprofessional managers, pay rate
I started at CVS as a cashier and quickly became a shift lead; it's extremely easy to advance within the company, all you need to do is complete modules for the position you're wanting to move into and be pro--active in learning about store operations, outside of your position as a cashier — i.e. learn to do resets/revisions, merchandising, inventory management, KPIs, etc.

The pay as a shift lead is not all that great, I was given a .50¢ raise, which I was told was a stretch. I didn't enjoy my time as a shift lead because I spent a majority of my time behind the register while the store manager and other "experienced shift leads/managers" were moving around the store — I became a shift lead, so I wouldn't spend all day behind a register. Truly the only positive aspect to being a shift lead was I didn't have to wear that polo shirt.

Also, the "experienced managers" are very childish, they use backstabbing and brown-nosing to make themselves look good and advance themselves; but, meanwhile, the store manager is talking bad about them.

Overall, CVS is an okay company to work for if you remain a cashier. You get paid well above minimum wage and there isn't much required of you.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Palestine, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, great pay for managers, great culture
Cons: open 24hrs, must work all holidays
Walgreens was a great place to work. Learning new things will never stop, so many different departments from a photo lab to the pharmacy. Great place to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
After working many years at this Pharmacy, the most enjoyable part of the job were my frequent customers. This was a people friendly place of employment whose only satisfaction were to make sure the customers were satisfied. Loved working for such a great company!
Company is going down hill
Head Photo Specialist (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Co workers are great!
Cons: Everything else
The company was wonderful years ago, but has gone down hill. The pay now is terrible and the insurance keeps going up. The company is firing people left and right, even those who have need there for decades.
Pharmacy daily experience
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Everyday challenges
Cons: Everyday challenges
I enjoy the interaction I have with all my customers and my fellow associates. Working together to accomplish our daily tacks can be challenging, but that what life is about. The challenge to stay current and excited in your position. Always being positive about each day and to make everyone as positive as possible each day.
Busy retail chain with focus on patient outcomes
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Largo, FlAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, good work environment
Cons: minimal staffing, spread the pharmacist too thin
I felt like walgreens was the model for retail chain pharmacy's. During my time there, we were the first to start immunizing, performing MTM's and driving patient adherence. They were excellent trainers and had a large impact on the pharmacist I am today. While some days could be stressful and very busy, overall I enjoyed my time with Walgreens.
fun workplace
Stocker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
Pros: customers are great
Cons: need more staff
Need to treat their employee more fair on the other hand being a stocker was fun, really nice customers and employee's, hardest part is lifting heavy items,stay focus.
Friendly co-workers
Photo lab technician (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
i was not there long but while i was there the staff was so nice and supportive. The manager was supportive and patient. I learned so much as a photo lab technician and i enjoyed doing that.
productive and great advancement oppurtunities
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, advancement and wonderful employee friendliness
I loved working for walgreens, I tragedy happened in my life and I was laid off and became homeless and could not retain the upkeep of my licenses. I would love to become employed by this company again.
Changing with the times.
Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Insurance and benefits
Cons: Communication from corporate to field slow.
Fast pace environment.
Downward communication could be improved.
Great place to work for individuals independence but also has great team focus.
weekly routine and productive place to work at.
assistant manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: work schedule
Fun and challenging work place with supportive management. As an assistant manager, I carried the responsibility of the store and the employees when the store manager is absence, I open the store at the morning and close the store at night, in between I manage the cash flows on the register in order to operate correctly, I also make sure each employees take their breaks and lunches, lastly I check our floor items are stock. The experience helped me improved organizing skills and to make more careful decisions at work and in my personal life because the store depends on me. The most enjoyable part of the job was able to help my colleagues and customers when they needed my assistant and learning from my colleagues to be a best worker I can be. The hardest part is walgreen the shift schedule, you have to work different shift within the week.
Manages daily operations, while coaching and developing employees.
Head Store Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Profit Sharing, Health Benefits
Cons: Have to work all holidays and some weekends.
Walgreens is a great company to work for. I am looking for a career change. they are fair to their employees and offer great benefits. What I love most about my job is merchandising and coaching/developing my employees.
Chainstore pharmacy
Pharmacist in Charge (Former Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, computer system
Cons: busy
Actually in my opinion the best chain to work for. Great benefits and top of the line computer system. Management is fair and honest.
Headquarters