Walgreens
6,945 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

good starting job
Shift Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJanuary 30, 2015
Good growth opportunities, but not so good pay. Be willing to work a lot of hours with a lot of physical work involved. Management opportunities are slimming down and it is hard to achieve a greater wage even for those who have been with the company for years.
To be in a professional and friendly environment that will allow me to enhance social skills in order to provide expert customer service.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: customer service, my patience, dedicated, accurate, hardworking, and a team player
Cons: sometimes i can be a perfectionist
A typical day in the pharmacy consist of welcoming patients and entering in information regarding their information for new patients and entering in their prescriptions. I put up the medicine that was ordered in our warehouse that were in out of stock. After the order is put up I will start working on the completions for the partial or out of stock prescriptions. I answer phones and correct the third party rejections so the patients medication will be ready for pick up and processed through the insurance. When the prescriptions are ready for pick up I will sale the prescription when the customer arrives. The management and my co-workers are very important to work with. As far as the management they can help when we are behind and ring out customers when it is a busy day. They also will help with refunds and returns. My co-workers are a big help because it is all about team work and having an successful day in our work environment. The hardest part of the job is getting to know the customers and knowing that they are sick and seeing them not get better with their health. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are contributing to someone's health.
fast work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Dinuba, CAJanuary 30, 2015
working for Walgreens was great. Fast pace and always busy, so that means your shift goes by very fast. Loved my managers and teammates. I learned many new skills and appreciate the opportunity.
productive
Stock clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2015
clean and very well organized, its safe and a great place to work. the employees are friendly and well properly trained. great pay and opportunity to work
Easy and fun
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOJanuary 30, 2015
Every job that I've had I have risen to management. I apply myself and accomplish tasks and goals required of me along with a little more.
Productive workplace with a open and friendly atmosphere.
❸ Shift Lead (Current Employee), Duluth, MNJanuary 30, 2015
Everyday gives you something new to tackle. I learned to be aggressive in my own learning and to be open and adaptable for any situation. My co-workers have always been fun and amazing to work with and can be one of the best parts of working for Walgreens. The hardest part of the job is being able to multitask everything that needs to be done in one shift.
Unless in Pharmacy or Management, a Waste of Time
Photo Tech, Customer Service (Former Employee), Anderson, SCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: a 15% discount.
Cons: working there
Poor opportunity to grow, a constantly bickering management, almost no opportunity to get a pay raise, terrible hours.
Great Place to learn
Pharmacy Technician Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: pharmacy technician specialist
● Transcribes and verifies prescription information into a computer Terminal
● Responsible to read prescription labels with high accuracy
● Responsible for transcribing and verifying prescription information into a computer
● Reads, understand and follows prescription data entry guidelines and procedures
● Reads and reviews prescriptions, troubleshoots to obtain missing information
● Responsible for the accuracy and quality of data-input and troubleshoot prescriptions
● Interprets medical abbreviations (SIG codes) reads and understand prescription procedure
● Inputs images of prescriptions into the computer
● Complete daily shift duties as requested by shift leaders / managers
● Handle customer’s prescription info such as utilizing addition, subtraction, multiplication, pharmaceutical mathematics, conversion measurements and percentages
Great staff and a great work place
Cashier (Current Employee), glenviewJanuary 29, 2015
Working at here was very nice. the staff makes the experience even better. i got to interact with many different types of people. Most were nice while other's were a bit emotional. Sometimes its hard to make changes to the schedule though.
Good Benefits, Bad Staffing
Pharmacy Technician/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Sumiton, ALJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: mainly, it was a positive and friendly environment.
Cons: workers who broke rules rarely got reprimanded.
I adored my job for the first two years, the past few months have changed a bit since our old manager quit and a new one was hired. The difference between his and her personalities are so vast and they had polar opposite ways of running the pharmacy. The staff has become more laid back and less eager to do what needs to be done.
Though expensive, the insurance at Walgreens is incredible, most prescriptions are covered up to 80%.
Great Company with strong rooted culture
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Dynamic time currently with shift of management outlook from merger of two companies. Many areas are being downsized or shut down completely while other areas are being held to strict goals and timelines.
Work Day Summary
Administration/ Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Jupiter, FLJanuary 29, 2015
There really is no typical day at work; we need to adapt to whatever the outbound processing volume is. I have learned a great deal and have had a great time. I really like the folks I had a chance to work with!
The hardest part of the job is that there is no continuity with your position; managers are rotated to different areas/shifts.
Very fast paced
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 29, 2015
loved this job. very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Fast paced, always something to do and that's what I look for in a job. I like to stay busy so this was a perfect place for me.
dull enviroment that seemed stagnant
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJanuary 29, 2015
mundane mindless task and unrelenting expectations to better a store that is already established and maxed out.
Meet get people, employees and customers.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 29, 2015
My day usually starts by greeting all the members of the staff. Then we hold a five to ten meeting going over the details of the sales reports from the previous day and objectives set for the current day.
I've learned how to navigate though all the different personalities and work successfully as a team.
I've been very lucking to have work with some of the greatest hard working and supportive co-workers, that I could have ever worked with.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to meet and talk with all kind of different people/customers.
my resume
Photo Specialist (Former Employee), Hazel Crest, ILJanuary 29, 2015
I learned that you should know the products you sell and if you don't have the information be swift about finding answers to costumer inquires or get the help they need from a manager.
Poor place to work for
CASHIER (Former Employee), New Albany, INJanuary 29, 2015
I worked at Walgreens for almost 5 years and almost everything changed and made it hard to work there. on a daily basis I ran the cash register stocked shelves, greeted customers, I was also a pharmacy technician
Busy work environment, can get very demanding at times.
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAJanuary 29, 2015
One thing you will learn working here is multitasking. Everyday is a new day as there is so much to do and learn.
good place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), houston txJanuary 29, 2015
co workers were to themselves busy work day learned a lot of their computer system management was nice super busy workload a lot of pharmacists good work flow good hours it was retail what more can I say... first job learned alot
Nice place to Work
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Brainerd, MNJanuary 29, 2015
I really have been enjoying working for Walgreens. I have been able to learn so much from my management to help improve my work experience. They have helped me throughout different aspects of my working life. They have shown me how to become a stronger leader. Walgreens offers good benefits as well as a decent schedule.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more