Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,637 reviews matching the search
Daily Stress Management
SHIFT LEAD SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 13, 2016
I can only speak to the particular location in which I work. The store associates, as well as Pharmacy management team are great to work with. Eager to work together to achieve goals and five star customer service is always delivered.*Unfortunately behind the scenes in the back offices and out of public view, there is a very negative environment. Poor communication and no acknowledgement or constructive criticism. Just overbearing micro managing and actual direct personal criticisms. No training, and job doesn't reflect the position interviewed for.
Pros
Customers are a pleasure to work for and the Associates are enjoyable to work with
Cons
Micro-management, no breaks
Production
LINE COACH (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Walgreens, on a typical day I would help my team members succeed at their task for the day and ensuring the products that went out were above standard. I loved being a part of the management team. my co-workers were fantastic. the hardest part of my job? I think it was sometimes leaving some unfinished tasks for the next day. Everyday was enjoyable for me as I loved everyone I worked with and being able to train them to be productive.
Pros
great staff
Cons
short breaks
productive work place
Service clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2016
Walgreen taught me so much; a typical day was all about appreciation of others and the work experience I delivered. I learned people skills, how to deal with situations under any circumstance under pressure. I worked with a great team who was all about hard work and dedication. My co- workers was my family, very loving and supportive in all that I do. The hardest part my job was dealing with customers who were trying to steal. I really love working with Walgreens the most enjoyable was building a relationship with the customers.
Company tanking
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2016
They are eliminating important positions. Theft is getting way too high yet they are laying off people that are there to watch for theft. Corporate and management doesn't care about the health of their employees. They present favoritism to the fullest. They choose who to care about. They expect way too much from employees for such littlw pay. They expect us to do jobs of multiple positions for the pay of one. Then get mad when quality is low.
Life on the corner of happy and healthy
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  La Grange Highlands, ILAugust 21, 2016
I normally work the morning shift so I open the pharmacy, and prepare it for other technicians. Service and customers waiting in the drive-thru. Printing prescriptions ahead and filling to get them done by the required time. Handling more than 30 customers on a daily. Being greeted and holding friendly conversations with regular patients. Working under pressure with limited staff because of hour cuts would probably be the hardest part. The most enjoyable part is seeing my regular customers, and seeing the smile on their face when I greet them by name. And inquire about their everyday life.
Productive days in the pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2016
Working as Senior pharmacy technician as a lot of perks and responsibilities, I believe I work with one of the best teams and all together we make the day possible. In the mornings I usually do the most multitasking work such as; filing,typing,third party issues,inventory,and calling patients. Every morning is a challenge, making sure everything gets done before the next technician comes in. Overall, I enjoy working as a technician and helping our patients.
Pros
Co-workers, Morning shift, Enjoy our customers
Cons
Salary
Productive, enjoyable, and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2016
Working at Walgreens has helped me gain more customer service experience. I've gotten the opportunity to learn new things daily such as how to handle customers issues professionally and getting to know customers by name to gain their trust. I enjoy meeting and interacting with new people. If I ever need to confide in someone about work related issues, I know I can count on my manager for support. The hardest part of the job would be satisfying customers after they have already made a decision on taking business elsewhere.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
busy store
Hot and dusty
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2016
I had to be there at 5 A.M. and I was to unload trucks to get the product shipped to the stores. I learned how to lock pallets with boxes so they won't fall.Management was always there on the floor helping alongside as well as my co-workers.The hardest part about the job was unloading the trucks,they were packed all the way to the top from when you open the truck door all the way t the back, and depending on the day we had to complete atleast 5 trucks.What i liked about this job is that we left at 1 P.M. but we could stay for overtime if we wanted
Walgreens return center 3rd. shift!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 19, 2016
i had to sort items that were returned from other walgreens all over the country.scan each item and place in specially marked boxes,place on a pallet,shrink wrap it, then scan it again and ship it out!my co-workers and management were a big help,showing me how every thing was done.I`d say the hardest thing about the job was the constant lifting of the cartons all night that varied from 5-50 lbs! there really was no enjoyable part of this job except clocking out!
Worked here 10 years
Sr. Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2016
Job becomes routine. Management is horrible. There is no praise in the workplace. If you meet goal, you are asked why you didn't exceed goal. Co-workers are great which is probably the only reason I've stayed so long. Full time to Walgreens is anything 30+ hours. I have worked here 10 years and they are now only giving me 30 - 32 hours per week because they keep cutting back on hours.
Pros
co-workers, but you could have them anywhere
Cons
hours, short breaks, bad management
I enjoyed my job and it was very rewarding
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 25, 2016
A typical work day consisted fo filling prescriptions, stocking inventory, making sure the robot was filled with medication, I leared how to call certain insurance companies to find out why a prescription could not be filled, or the cost of a prescription. I've always worked with the greatest Pharmacy Manager always avalible for questions or help at any time.The most enjoyable part was dealing with customers an making sure the had there medications.
10 years ago a great place to work, now, a great place to overwork employees
(MGT)Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 25, 2016
Not enough labor hours to complete day to day operations. Results in longer lines and upset customers. Management has little power to try and change problematic situations. Company morale is at an all time low. Forced pay cuts. Little room for advancement.
Pros
the people I worked with made it a better place to work sometimes.
Cons
breaks are recieved late, or not at all. To many tasks assigned to one person for an 8 hour period.
Its a great place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2016
Managers were always acknowledging the employees doing a great job. Awesome team work. Friendly managers. They care about employees well being. After requesting something, management team always makes sure you are taken care of. They worked with my schedule of availability, They were eager to promote and teach new things to us who wanted to learn or advance.
Pros
Location was perfect, breaks and meal time were always given, managers teach and train, work as a team, health benefits are awesome
Cons
Beauty Advisors position has been removed. no extra pay for cosmetics department.
Walgreens Open door policy, diversity, and ability to communicate effectively makes the company an amazing place to work.
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2016
A typical day at work for me is rewarding, as well as educational. My compassion for my patients, and my passion for my job, has never felt like work.
Pros
Cultural diversity, flexibility, and a trusting relationship with my peers and management team, are qualities that l build on in order to maintain a solid and trusting relationship.
Cons
Turnover, raises, employee diversity, upper level management involvement, HMO's not accepted.
Great Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILAugust 8, 2016
A typical days work at Walgreens was keeping the store filled with product and building great customer service relationships.
I've learned what great customer service looks like.
Management was terrible period. (Speaking for my location)
The hardest part of the job was the unpredictable schedule that took a lot of time from your personal life and not getting paid for the sacrifice of family time.
The most enjoyable part was the relationships built with my team. We stuck together and made our location an enjoyable environment to work in since we were with each other so much.
Pros
Great environment to be in.
Cons
Lots of work for minimum pay.
Motto is always do more with less
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 25, 2016
I spent 12 years at Walgreens. It wasn't bad in the beginning but became progressively worse as time passed. Tech hours were the first to be affected, then the pharmacists. Management had no problem treating us as dispensable items. Absolutely no respect for the pharmacists. Added more clinical duties without more tech help. You often left work feeling drained with nothing more to give to your family when home. Lesson to management, happy employees generate good business via providing good customer service because the employees feel valued. Treat all employees with respect and you will see.
Pros
salary
Cons
breaks? what breaks? Disrespectful management, poor work/life balance
drug store
Customer Service - Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 23, 2016
I have worked at the Loveland Walgreens store since 2007 in a part time capacity. I really like my store manager. He is a motivated person and keeps a clean store. He treats his employees with honesty and fairness. He will work with people who have to work part time jobs the get the most for him and the store.
Pros
Flexable and can work with other peoples jobs.
Cons
Pay is not the greatest, You can go to walmart and start the job making more than i do after 9 years.
Amazing environment and friendly customers/employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2016
Loved working here, for the past 3 years I've learned a lot about people. I've learned how to become more patient, more responsible, and I've learned to come out of my "shell" of shyness. I've learned how to print posters, make canvas's, and so much more. Over the past year I have noticed that the store I work at has become more a place where you have to be a favorite to get any hours or you have to be "buddy-buddy" with managers to get hours.
Pros
Life/work balance is amazing
Cons
its all favoritism
Experience ma vary!!!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 3, 2016
I have been with the Walgreens Company for almost a year now!! You learn new things every day, get to meet both nice and nasty people. But as the saying goes, it the people that make the place - the people that I work with makes that saying truer then ever. You hours are played with from time to time and there is sometimes no organization. I myself am screeching for new employment due the manner in which scheduling is dealt with.
Pros
Nice people, close location
Cons
Unsteady hours, sometimes unprofessional managers
not a great place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  HammondJuly 25, 2016
Walgreens is not the ideal place to work. I work 5 days a week but I'm not considered full-time I get less than 80 hours. I've been there for 2 years and I can still only working straight weekends. Management sucks the managers plays favoritism, especially the manager who makes schedules. They say the schedule has to do with seniority but that is BS because I have been there longer than some people and they get better hours and not all weekends. He'll also deny keep denying your availability change requests
Cons
favortism, only nights, more day, no hours