Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 17,744 reviews matching the search
Store manager was great.
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  OklahomaAugust 18, 2017
Store manager was great, got lucky there. Corporate is full of dishonest people. They have no respect to you as a person, you are only there to make the company money. Should've left a decade ago when they bought alliance boots and changed the way they conduct business. It was a good company until the merger.
Cons
Corporate has no morality
Fast paced where I was
Pharmacy intern (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 18, 2017
very busy work stations, high demanding customers , phatrmacist technician intern work resource management at high demand with high inventory turn over .
Fun coworkers but lacked management
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MI 48044August 18, 2017
I loved the employees I worked with, but the head manager was a bully and made everyone extremely nervous. I had flexible hours and time off. I still miss some of my coworkers.
Too much work, too little pay
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 18, 2017
Working as a pharmacy technician I've learned so much responsibilities. From time management to organizational skills. Everyone on my team works together to get the job done and that makes the days go smoothly. The hardest part about being a pharmacy technician is multitasking and keeping up with the work flow. The most enjoyable part is feeling accomplished when I'm able to solve a tough situation with my team. However, the pay just isn't enough to last a lifetime, realistically.
Pros
discount, pot luck, benefits
Cons
short breaks, "budget hours", compensation
Great Place To Work
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 18, 2017
A typical work day in my position varies depending on traffic in my department. I learned how to communicate better and more efficiently with customers. The management is great! They are encouraging and understanding and they want to help you succeed. The hardest part for me was dealing with slow days since I like to keep myself busy while I work. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with my customers and coworkers.
fun
Training Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77084August 18, 2017
the management is very fun to work for. they listen to you if you have a problem and try to work with you. they are very flexible with schedules and work with students.
Great Atmosphere, Just Horrible Management
Beauty Advisor/Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 18, 2017
I've worked for Walgreens for three years and transferred. The manager I had tried to frame me, push me and then she fired me. Do not want to get into detail. I really enjoyed my work position and it bums me she did unforgivable things.
Pros
Promotion, breaks, benefits
Cons
management
I was a cashier/stockier/photo tech
cashier/stocker/photo tech (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXAugust 18, 2017
I did almost everything . I worked overnights .So when the manager was doing the paper work, and other manager things I was the only one on the floor.I enjoyed the job.
Pros
The time of day
Cons
let go for lies
Easy and relaxed place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAAugust 18, 2017
A typical day at Walgreens consists of checking out customers, restocking the shelves, and maintaining the stores cleanliness. You receive a 30 minute break every shift.
great place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 18, 2017
Overall my experience was great, The company is a well organized. The pay was great and mangers were there to help if need be. This company is great to work for.
Walgreens
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2017
Great place to work. Awesome people, managers. Engaged with Agents with fun activities.. Always learning opportunities for growth and excel in your position
Pros
room for growth
Cons
can't think of any
great customer service experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2017
walgreens is a good job for customer service experience. itgives you alot of different skills because you have so many different responsibilities to maintain
Fast pace work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 18, 2017
I was a Assistant Manager and the job was very fast paced. You manage multiple departments and have to be proficient as possible in each. Some of the daily tasks are very tedious but important, Overtime is something that sadly is frowned upon.
Worse training program ever and Store Manager does not have a clue what's happening in her store and doesn't care. Plays favorites.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 18, 2017
The manager was horrible and did not have a clue. She was not a team player, would not help in the stockroom if needed. Gossiped with hourly employees about management staff, lied on managers to try to save herself or make herself seem less like a villain.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management, no repercussions because managers and GM were friends. HR is a joke!
Best working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAAugust 18, 2017
Very good work environment to work at. Walgreens gives employees the best they can. Associates treat other the with manners and in a very profetional way.
great place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 18, 2017
Working in walgreens give me a lot of experience with handling the drugs and know more details about it. Also direct contact with our valued costumer and help them to understand them healthy situation
Easy Going
Customer Service, Photo, and Cosmetics (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 18, 2017
Stress free
Take one step at a time
They are caring and always on the ball, they take time to listen to needs of the store
laid back
Nothing is too hard to accomplish
Making customers happy
Good
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 18, 2017
Have enjoyed working there for the 15 years. Hard to staff store when hours get cut but amount of work stays the same. Low starting wage makes it hard to find good help or keep the good ones we hire.
Good Starter Job: But Bad For Long Term
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2017
Good job to get customer service skills as well as people skills, and possibly pharm tech license and certification which equals job security. But, the company shows little care for its employees, as they are often over worked due to poor staffing (understaffed) and low hours available for scheduling. Compared to other companies, good place to start and get skills, but bad place to stay, over worked and under paid.
Pros
Full Time Hours
Cons
Short Breaks
good starter job
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 17, 2017
walgreens is a nice place to work if you are trying to find a starter job or if you need to get a second job. the work is easy an the staff and customers are great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval