Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 12,892 reviews matching the search
Organizing Inventory and costumer Service
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 28, 2016
Use cash register, customer service, stock shelves, organize freezer, unload truck, and help keep warehouse organized, its a Organize routine day, everyday is the same.
Walgreens is a fun place to work, co worker help each other
Reimbursement liaison (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at work is being very busy making sure patient gets there delivery on time.

I learn about Home infusion considering I never had experience.

Management is ok depends on work department you work in.

All the co-workers are team players

The most enjoyable time is eating lunch with my co-workers.
benefits
Cons
long lunch break
My Favorite
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 27, 2016
This company was my favorite one to work for. Management always cared about you. Work was stressful, but the team I worked with made it effortless. I would work for this store again if I still lived there.
Not a good company to work for
Customer Service Associate/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WISeptember 27, 2016
Don't waste your time with this company.. they will step all over you while saying they want to help you.
You'll be overworked and under paid. Especially management (shift leads and up).. you only make eleven dollars an hr as a shift lead and you run the store for your whole shift, even if your store manager is there you are expected to run the show on the floor because he or she will be in the office all day.
You're given unrealistic expectations for work projects all the time and if you don't get things done you get in trouble.
They have no consideration for people with family's or family life..especially in management.. you are expected to work whenever they want you to with no set schedule.
Cons
No real breaks for management, they lie
Fast paced
Photo Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 27, 2016
Good job if you have good management. No set schedules makes life difficult for finding a baby sitter but management usually open to work with students to accommodate classes.
Pros
Employee doscount
Cons
Floating schedules
Not bad
Designated Hitter (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 27, 2016
The customers are what makes this job. I like the challenges I make for myself. I really enjoy my job. It's been a fun 4 1/2 years!
very productive
PHARMACY TECHICIAN-TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I loved working in the pharmacy and meeting new people. I don't like being the only person their working but the staff and management was amazing thus far.
productive
cashier, and photo specialist (Current Employee) –  Gillette, WYSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at Walgreesn consists of, helping satisfy customers, keeping area and store clean and organized, and preforming daily assigned duties. Management is amazing and works very hard to keep customers and employees happy
Pros
15% employee discount, 401k, vacation time
Cons
short breaks/lunches
slow days, great customers, and finshing up everything
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at work starts off as making sure everything is typed fill and ready for pick up when the customers get there. Then its also a time of the day that we call rush hour. Which mean we have more people dropping off picking up and waiting all at once. Later on that day when close to closing we do our side work far as taking out the trash making sure everything is clean, stock and in place. You never know what that day might bring you far as learning. Most of the time its always something new when dealing with insurance and how it work. Far as management goes our management staff tends to help when needed and just make sure everything is ran smoothly.The co-worker I had was awesome I felt like we did well with it being only two of us, and doing rush hour we knew how to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was rush hour and I say that because it was always only two techs. Overall the job was good I love meeting new people and listening to customers crazy stories.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
Small nice environment
Externship Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2016
Fast paced
learned to fill and refill scripts, search for medication and place filled medication in their bins
co-workers were nice
hardest part was keeping up with the waiters
most enjoyable part was being around employees that's willing to help others as well as I am
Pros
learning generic and brand name drugs
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 27, 2016
a typical day at work would include, greeting each customer as they walk through the door, checking out customers, making sure my area maintained cleaned. making sure all duties on task list was completed.
stressfull, good people
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Waukesha County, WISeptember 27, 2016
Upper management has consistently taken initiatives to allow the pharmacist "more time with the patient" but ends up reducing staffing resulting in less time with the patient.
Pros
good hardworking colleauges
Cons
non rphs are running the show
Company Overall
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSSeptember 26, 2016
the company overall is amazing and my manager was amazing. This was the best company to work for as a young adult. For some people who want to work here I would recommend it.
Great place to work for
Senior Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 26, 2016
Customer service is number one priority. I work in a very busy store so you have to work in a timely fashion. We all work as a team so things get done more efficiently. I enjoy my job and my customers.
There are a lot of Really Good Pharmacists and Technicians
Pharmacist Floater (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 26, 2016
Unfortunately they don't allow them to provide the customer service they are capable of, because of their staffing guidelines. It is not the employees fault, but the employers fault.The company does not appreciate experience in the profession either, unless it was achieved in their company.Most companies reward experience and compensate accordingly.The Pharmacy industry is a very customer service intensive industry, Walgreens could be great if they provided the staff to achieve the goal.They have some Great Pharmacists and Technicians but they aren't allowed to shine because they are always under the pressure of not having enough staff to accomplish all of the tasks at hand.
Pros
They have Good Benefits available
Cons
They don't provide job security
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2016
I love working for this company. Management is good. My store is busy so there is always something to do. The customers will make your day. There will never be a dull moment.
Good company
Manager of User Experience (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2016
Good company. There is a propensity to move pharmacists up into roles they are not initially qualified for which can be frustrating when people with specific tech skills have to go back and educate.
Work place very busy
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2016
I have worked at Walgreens since 1997 I started out a cashier and then became an hallmark specialist after that 4 more years later I became a shift lead manager then about 3 years after that I became a assistant store manager which I am presently in this position now
Typical Retail Pharamcy
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 26, 2016
Lots to do with no to no time to do it or help
Easy job, but everyone complains how hard it is
Not everyone at the field level has a good work ethnic, only the store managers and above.
Good Luck
Pros
Good benefits, matching profit sharing
Cons
too much to do
Respect and adore the people I work with.
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 26, 2016
Have learned many retail and customer support skills since I started working with Walgreens. Everyone is always willing to teach you anything if you want to learn. There is always something to keep an employee busy! I love working in photo department because it lets me blossom in an artistic way and I love helping others learn and create their photo works!
Cons
Raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.