Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 14,739 reviews matching the search
Fast Pace Work Envirornment
Community Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 25, 2017
My primary job was to shadow the upper level managers as a Community Management Intern. It was an extremely beneficial learning experience, I am very proud to say that I was able to work for this company.
Pros
Stock Program
Cons
Holiday work hours
Walgreen Pharmacy
Administrative Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2017
Being in the corporate office, is very nice and team members all ways willing to help each other out in time of need. Different department head are very helpful to each other if you need help on taking a report or planning a meeting for training.
Pros
Earlier schedule
Cons
Need to be a little nice during meeting
Very busy and dependent environment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 25, 2017
Strict about customer service. Being on the registers most of the shift. Bathroom breaks are frowned upon. You constantly get called over the announcements system. The employees have little patience.
Pros
Sales, free healthcare
Cons
Short breaks, little discounts, not enough employees, no walkie talkies.
Poor managment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 25, 2017
The one I worked at played favorites when it came to who did what and who got what schedule. It wasn't fair. We in the beauty department were set goals the management thought was doable but it wasn't always based on the customers who came in on our shifts. We were still told to do better even if we didn't have any customers all day in our area.
Cons
management
Not the best place to work.
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 25, 2017
Walgreens helped me to become certified, they sent me to school and reimbursed me for gas and time. They also paid for me to take my certification test but other than that they are a money hungry corporation. Most of the management staff is brain washed to only cover themselves and to not look out for the their most dedicated team members. They are only interested in helping themselves.
The Pharmacy
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXMarch 24, 2017
The pharmacy is extremely busy and understaffed. The store manager at 5765 is rude. If you can get past all of that the pharmacy can be like a family working together. There are times when it's really hard and 800 scripts a day is rough. Everyone get through it together.
Ok
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 24, 2017
In the beginning it was a great place to work, then management changed, people stop caring, and the store went done hill. The pay sucks you get a raise every year but its not much. If anyone decides to work at walgreens i would suggest going into pharmacy.
It was okay
Customer service, stocking and cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2017
Walgreens is not bad but its not good either. There are a lot of requirements but it is strict on schedule because there aren't many people working there so if you cant make it then its a big deal. Overall it was fun just make sure you have communication with your manager and it will be okay.
Pros
close knit environment
Cons
suggestive pressured sales
Good company to and work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 24, 2017
Scheduling is good but there may be some long hours. Great ability to learn retail industry. Your job consistently changes daily. Unfortunately the company consistently wants you to do more with less resources and personnel.
Quality company well run with decent+ management
Retail (Chain) Pharmacy Manager (full time) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 24, 2017
You work very hard, but compensation & benefits are actually quite outstanding. Yes, I DO recommend this company. Management (corporate) actually care about their employees. Extremely solid financially. Most of the big shots are pharmacists.
Pros
pay + benes + environment + management.
Cons
not much. An occasionall jerk, but rare.
Average
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMarch 24, 2017
A lot of work with little pay that was intense and laborious. I did not like the work environment and thought there was not potential to grow, terrible hours to work too
n/a
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Eldersburg, MDMarch 24, 2017
Good for part time extra income, not good for full time employment. The demand of the job often outweighs the compensation. . This is a skill you must develop or you won't last. If you do extra.
Great company
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 24, 2017
Great company to work for and ability to move up. Always giving the best service to locals and tourists alike. No discrimination which is a huge plus.
fastpace and energetic place
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Warr Acres, OKMarch 24, 2017
Inputting scripts and filling them, ordering supplies, counting medications, and assisting patients through out the store. The management was well organized and very helpful. Hardest part was dealing with impatient patients that were always in a hurry and thought it only took a few minutes to get them their scripts, but the enjoyable part was the pace and time flying by.
Pros
discounts throughout the store, and receiving my cert through them
Cons
the up and down of shifts
Very Busy
Customer Service representative (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMarch 24, 2017
Worked with my schedule, at times the customers tend to take advantage of the "the customer is always right" which is not the case. There are times when management is needing better improvement.
Excellent
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Loganville, GAMarch 24, 2017
Just awesome everything is great all the leadership the boss and all of the People I work with. Everything is on point. I just love them. Couldn't ask for anything better
Fun setting for work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 24, 2017
Fast paced environment with a combination of both easy going and stubborn customers.I learned how to deal with all types of people and suggest appropriate sale items.
Great Job to Start
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMarch 24, 2017
I started Walgreens after High School as a first job.

Walgreens is a great place to get your feet wet and learn about the basics of customer service in a retail setting. Management truly cares about their employees and always ensures that you're well prepared for your duties for the day.

What I enjoyed the most about Walgreens was that I learned a lot of social skills regarding fellow colleagues and customers. However, this job is quite physically demanding on freight days so be ready for those if you're not into heavy lifting!
Busy environment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2017
At Walgreens I was introduced to a non-stop work flow. I worked in the cosmetic section so people came to me asking questions my entire shift. If I wasn't answering questions I was setting up big displays or restocking shelves. Since this was my first job it was all new to me.
Fast Pace.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 23, 2017
Being able to multi task is crucial in this job, you are constantly moving and have plenty to do. Responsibilities such as filling medications, answering calls, checking in vendors, answering customers questions, and typing prescriptions are all part of the daily routine. It is a fast paced job never the less, it is a job you can enjoy and learn from. Learning about new medications and what they are used for would have to be the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of this job would have to be the lines we have constantly especially during season. Lines are non stop, customers in pain and needing their medications right away with 150 labels printed on the counter needing to be filled.
Cons
Good Benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.