Walgreens
8,204 reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Great first job
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits, relationships with co workers/customers, flexible schedule
Cons: Management, pay rate, extremely stressful
Walgreens was my first job at age 16. Now at 21 I have been a pharmacy technician for 2 years. I appreciate this company for helping me gain knowledge in customer service and in the pharmacy but a retail job is not for me. People take advantage of you if you're a great worker and customers are horrible, some of them at least. There is no help from pharmacists or management. I do the work of 5 people and hardly ever leave when my shift is over and don't even get to go on break. Only have one day off because they don't want to train a new employee and I only make 10.75 an hour. As soon as I find aanother job opportunity I'm out of there.
corporate machine
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: good benefits if you're full time
Cons: poor management, low compensations, heavy workload
Corporation will look out for them and they wont invest in their employees. Frequent policy changes because of frequent DM changes.
My co-workers
Customer Service Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Good discount
Cons: No flexible schedule
I did not really enjoy my job because my co-workers lacked sense of togetherness/teamwork. I work better in environments where there is a sense of teamwork and everyone is willing to help one another in order to provide quality customer service.
Overall, it's a great beginner job for anyone.
Lead Photo Technician (Current Employee), Dearborn Heights, MIJuly 1, 2015
Pros: The flexible hours
A typical day at Walgreens consist of doing numerous tasks that are listed and by me being in photo, I may have a tons of orders. The work is easy but it can be too much if the store is packed.
Lots of room for opportunities and growth
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 1, 2015
A typical day varies, sometimes its busy sometimes its slow, just depending on the season. Walgreens gave me the best experience there is to be the type of manager I am today. I have grown so much from my first day and developed so many lasting relationships that have built my character to be what it is today. The managers do their best to coach, teach and develop you for career advancements when you prove yourself.My co-workers are like family, and like family we bicker, make up, support and care for each other. It is a very tight-knit culture in the stores.The hardest part of the job is the cutomers, you meet so many different personalities and you try your best to adapt to each one and strive to deliver the best customer service possible. The most enjoyable part of my job is just coming into work and embrace whatever challenge awaits me for that day.
I haven't seen Walgreens at it's full potential.
Customer service representative/cashier (Former Employee), Roxbury, MAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Coworkers are friendly, taught me a few things about co-op environments.
Cons: People call out a lot.
I cannot give an accurate review because it was a poor area and the clientele was terrible. I learned a great deal about management. My manager was very friendly. My co-workers your regular everyday coworkers hired for 8 bucks an hour. We had secret Santa and birthday surprises. It was overall your average minimum wage job.
Great experiance!
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJuly 1, 2015
The hours that I would go to work were typically busy. I learned how to file prescriptions on the computer; how to dispense medication; how to work steady but quick; customer service skills were also acquired. My co-workers were very nice and great to work with. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with all the prescriptions that were coming in and dealing with customer complaints. Overall, the job was a great experience and it taught me a lot.
Good work environment
Customer Service Associate & Photo Specialist (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FL.July 1, 2015
Pros: Customers, team memebers
Cons: Management, advancement opportunities
Walgreens Is A Good Work Environment. Dealing With All Type Of Customers Each An Everyday Helps You With Your Customer Service And Communication Skills. Not Hard Or Challenging Work At All, But When You Work Hard Day In An Day Out There's Not Much Advancement Opportunities Within The Company Its Self. I Say Walgreens Careers Are More For Young Teens First Starting Off In The Work World, As Well As Some Seniors Taking It Easy But Is Still Dedicated To Work.
great starting job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Elmwood Park, NJJuly 1, 2015
Walgreens is a great company to work for, there are many things that I learned from the company that is applicable to my everyday life. it's a caring place where you can make life long friendships with coworkers.
Great Job for Some
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Mid-ContinentJune 30, 2015
Pros: pay/job security
Cons: sometimes no breaks, expected to work 10 hours minimum more than you are paid for if salaried position
Overall the company is great for the right person. You have to be willing to give up a lot of personal time (this includes time away from your family) in order to advance. If you have unique thoughts that do not line up with what your Store Manager has done his or her entire career keep them to yourself. You will not be met with open arms for new and unique ideas.
good company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
Walgreens is a good company to work for. Working nights, weekends, and holidays isn't fun but its what you sign up for when you work retail. I think they need to pay more for the work you are required to do.
Great Company to work for
Shift Lead/Manager (Current Employee), Longmont, COJune 30, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great co-workers
Cons: crazy hours, never a steady schedule- changes a lot from week to week
A typical day consists of opening or closing the store, overseeing employees and their tasks, training employees on how to properly do their job. Most enjoyable part of the job is your co-workers. Walgreens hires some of the most amazing people and they will support you no matter what. .
Good place to work.
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 30, 2015
Fun co-workers and good employee-management relations. Stayed over a year. Management is understanding. Room for advancement. Can work diffrent departments.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), milwaukeeJune 30, 2015
honest place to work if your desire is the community and serving. very fun work place and co workers and staff are great. its not really a difficult job
Fast-paced, great medical environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Hamilton, OHJune 30, 2015
Pros: busy, large company. health benefits are ok, better hours for the most part
Cons: limited
It was great to work within the pharmacy, learned a lot from my experiences there, there is not much room for growth without pharmacy degree
Not a difficult job but there are plenty of challenges
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Buffalo,NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: learn to challenge yourself during stressful times.
Cons: make good money but unable to get a raise.
This an okay company to work for. Not the greatest but I am quite positive there are much worse. Work constantly presents different challenges each day, not because they vary often but because of call offs, lack of open availability for employees.
There is no greater job to learn how to deal with all types of people than in retail. I have been able to practice my leadership and training skills on the employees here, which has also been the most enjoyable part of my job. I love to help and watch my employees grow and develop.
Great work environment
Sims Coordinator (Former Employee), Macon, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: day shift
Cons: poor management
A very learned experience
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
can be a good place to work with the right management
Shift leader (Former Employee), Brandon, MSJune 29, 2015
Pros: flexibility at times
Cons: scheduling
With the right management and workers in place it is a good place to work. Management can be too hands off and let too much go undone or let it fall on one person to do.
Loved this place
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Rogers, MNJune 29, 2015
Pros: The jobs, co workers, environment, management
Cons: Point System
I LOVED this job! Loved the company. I unfortunately was in a horrible car accident and had to leave my position. I was only able to be there just under a year - but I loved every moment of my job. I was praised often, I felt I had the ability to create my own job and do what I wanted with it - which was validating. I never felt micro managed, I always felt HRs doors were open, the COO was approachable and so kind. The managers were all wonderful, enthusiastic, encouraging people to work for. We had a blast as a team. Its too bad the MN Distribution center had to close. There is a great future with Walgreens. I heard that a lot of people that were part of the employee buy in had Millions in their stocks. They have very decent pay, great benefits, and good retirement options. There is also lots of room for growth and career development.
The one thing I will say is they work off of the point system and once you hit so many points you are canned, regardless of all the other areas you excel in. If you are 1 minute late, literally, its a point. And its not on a rolling year or anything. I watched a lot of really great employees get let go based on this, while other slackers remained, all because they could clock in on time. (And MN weather was not excuse for being late).
Decent workplace but hard to advance
LEAD PHOTO SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Round Rock, TexasJune 29, 2015
I've been at this job for a very long time and it was a pretty decent place to work. I felt like I had a really good job security and never had to worry. It was almost impossible to move up within the company unless you had some connections. The benefits weren't very good but it was better than nothing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more

Walgreens Salaries