Walgreens Employee Review

Flexible scheduling, loved helping customers
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 25, 2013
Walgreens was a great job. It's good for people who don't have very much experience because you have everything you need to learn the job you'll do, and there are opportunities for many different kinds of people. My team turned into my family. It could be fun at times and it could be stressful at times, but it was a good stable job to bring home the bacon. Sometimes I ended up wondering how stocking shelves is important in the grand scheme of things and dreaded going in on truck days, but it all had to be done and I worked with people who were in the same boat as me, so it wasn't so bad. One of my managers had a birthday cake for every month that people working there had birthdays, and that was pretty cool. Along those same lines we had christmas parties and such. A big thing is that everyone was encouraged to give their ideas to improve the way we did things, and we implemented a lot of them which was really cool. I had a lot of control over how the free space in my department was set up, and I could decorate pretty much however I wanted as long as it was approved by management. I LOVED my regular customers. They were the reason I stayed as long as I did.
Pros
Always something new to learn, loved working with people
Cons
Tasks can be monotonous and unrewarding at times

Other Walgreens Employee Reviews

Fast paced job
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 19, 2018
I worked as an intern at Walgreens retail pharmacy, along side pharmacists and technicians. It is a great job, and I learned a lot in my time. The workplace culture is fast paced, but most of the time the team worked well together.
you are not appreciated
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 19, 2018
In the past couple of months walgreens have been going down hill. They do not care anything about their employees or patients only about their PROFIT. The management do not have any commonsense and if it makes sense or working they want to change it to something that does not make any sense. I have been a pharmacy technician for 10 years and I really hate coming to work. everyone in my pharmacy looking for a new job what does that mean!!!
Cons
techs get only one break, low pay, no recognition, and no way to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.