Walgreens

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 9,740 reviews matching the search
Very busy workplace!
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 9, 2016
Fast paced! Effectively learn to triage! A wide and varied patient base. Need to rely on pharmacy techs, and they are well trained.
Pros
Co-workers are great!
Productive but toxic environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, ILFebruary 9, 2016
I would wake up and go to work thinking how I can avoid working today. The work they would assign the new people was just boring slave labor. My managers were nice and cool however the work was the boring part. They would assign clean this, clean this, take the trash out, stuff that anyone could do, but i was promised to work in Photo Lab only.
Pros
Cons
horrible Shift hours
Walgreens
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2016
Hit the floor running.
Getting multiple calls a days
Multi tasking is a must
busy
customer service
daily notes
must have merchadising skills
Pros
full-time
Cons
very physical job
I had never worked retail before and I'm glad now that I have. The store that I work for has a great team and mgmt works exceptionally with employees
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZFebruary 8, 2016
I love Walgreens! Most days are helping my loyal customers and helping them find the perfect product that they may not have been looking for! I've learned more in retail than I ever expected; dealing with the public...fast and furious most times can be a challenge, yet a fun and fast way to get through the days.

Management at Walgreens has always been fair. They help any employee with questions or problems; I complement them for the overwhelming job that they have and how they keep themselves level at all times (especially with troublesome customers!)

Co-workers? The best team ever!

Hardest part of my job? It can be very physical at times but for the most part, I'm good!

Most enjoyable part of my job? Customer feed back! I get a LOT of complements from my loyal and new customers ... how can that not make you happy?
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, public participation for those in need
Cons
Can't think of one
not recommended
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2016
the Walgreen that I work at is not an ideal work place. The management is rude and helpless. They do not care about their employees at all.
Pros
discounts on walgreens brands
Cons
short breaks, no hours, rude
Good Company to work for starting out
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2016
Learned Leadership skills, paid well for entry level management. I would recommend college graduate looking to seek management skill to work for this company.
nice work environment
Function Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2016
great workplace, excellent team work, safe environment, lean culture, great management, long hours, turn over , fast pace environment, grow opportunity
it was an ok job
Head Photo/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2016
was always running out of sale items stock was not rotated when the truck came in and stuff was put out on the shelves the old stuff was shoved to the back of the shelf and the new was place in the from which ment more things being on the shelf past expire date.
Bad management
Photo Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 6, 2016
They treat their employees badly, and need a better management, I am a firm believer of treat your employees as if you want to keep them.
Boring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILFebruary 5, 2016
with little activity between employees and management, working here was dreadful. no acknowledgement of good work. focused more in shoving product down people's throats.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no enthusiasm work enviroment.
What can I say...
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2016
I started the job expecting to leave after 6 months and ended up staying for 6 years. The job is constantly changing and becoming more 'corporate' and less 'personable'. The company has long since forgotten that happy employees keeps a company running effectively.
It was fun and different job
Stocking Inventory, Price Adjustments (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 5, 2016
Walgreens was a very fun job to have but at the sametime it was different cause thats was the first time working in a store like that. And i had a lot of people get mad at me cause i was under age and i couldn't sell cigarettes and beer.
Learned how to rely on myself, because managers avoided dealing with troubles on the main register
Stockperson/Cashier/Photo Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJFebruary 5, 2016
When I would call the managers for help they would take forever to get to the register and would simply upset the customers as well as making me impatient. The co-workers are cool. The discount is handy.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Short lunches
Walgreens is a good place to work if you are starting out.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 5, 2016
typical work day would be to come in put the tills in the registers.
do the daily cash report, price changes and invoices.
Check in vendors on a daily basis. The management staff is( as a whole) for all the stores in Tennessee is very lax. The team members are awesome. I really enjoyed getting to know my employees and earning their trust. I have had so much on the job training. Such as: Hiring, Schedules, invoices, receiving vendors, ordering store merchandise ect..
Great, fast paced place to work
EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Irondale, ALFebruary 5, 2016
I did my extern-ship at Walgreens and it was a great to learn how a pharmacy works on the other side of the counter. The whole staff is very friendly and ice to work with.
Pros
fast paced, always busy
Cons
short breaks
Educational environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2016
I helped pharmacists fill prescriptions. It was rewarding to learn about the medications and help out patients.There was flexibility in scheduling.
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Busy
great starter job
Senior Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, CAFebruary 5, 2016
When i first started working for walgreens it seemed like a great company to work for but through my nine plus years with the company i have noticed the company is paying more attention to the upper levels of the company.
Pros
good discount, good benefits
Cons
appreciation of good employees
Was a great place.
Stockperson (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Walgreens was an okay job at first. The manager who hired me was the best. The manager would work well with my school schedule and not disrespect my availability. My current manager is not respecting my availability and when I got a second job the manager did not want to honor the fact that my second job is a night job. He demanded a night when I don't have any nights open!

The shift leads I have worked with have all been great!! They are all very, very helpful and a joy to work with. I have learned so much about everything at the store. I'm a very curious person and ask a lot of questions and not once has any manager become upset or told me they could not answer the questions. The shift leads have helped me develop into a leader as a worker and as a person.
Pros
Co-workers are great. 25% off is pretty good too.
Cons
Ridiculous expectations for suggestive sell.
It really not bad place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 5, 2016
I gain a lot different kinds of experiences from walgreens and I will be forever grateful for that. But I didn't enjoy working there. Then management could have did a better job training and assigning responsibilities. But after you get the hang of it, it is a bad place to work.
The workplace is nice to work at
Cashier/Photo Tech (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLFebruary 5, 2016
It's a nice, fast paced work day, I make everyone smile or leave laughing. Coworkers and management make the workplace fun and relaxed. The only downside to Walgreens, is the fact that they pay minimum wage, which isn't bad, but I would think that all the hard work and time put in would pay off. The hardest part about Walgreens is trying to get a task done throughout the day, only because of the fact that when you work as a cashier, you have to run back and forth to attend to customers, which I don't mind, but something simple turns into an hour long project. I enjoy making people smile and letting them leave happy and with laughter, gives me joy.
Pros
customers, fun workplace
Cons
payrate