Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 15,993 reviews matching the search
Fun work environment, somewhat productive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAMay 23, 2017
A typical day a work is a pretty relaxing environment. I've learned many new things including great customer service. Its a very diverse atmosphere so there's a lot of personalities you'll encounter on a daily basis which may or may not be a good thing at times. The hardest part of my job was nothing. It's not a difficult job at all once you've grasped the concept of what your required to do. I enjoyed going to work everyday. My co workers were amazing. The only negative side is the pay and the fact that Walgreens NEVER closes, not even on holidays.
fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 23, 2017
Fun place to work around the holidays. Not very busy at certain times of the day and very busy at others. Co-workers were very helpful along with managers.
Job Security and steadiness
General Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 23, 2017
Typical day at Walgreen's for me currently, is to off load product from trucks. Receive the product in and put onto conveyor system. The hardest part of the job is double checking to make sure the product is received correctly and not damaged. I have learned how to use the AS400 in the Receiving department. I learned the WEBTma system, in the maintenance department, while covering for someone who was out on medical leave, and I have repeatedly gone back to help out when needed. Management could use improvement in the sense that they need people who communicate in a way that does not seem condescending or rude. Also, management could use people who are willing to learn, understand and improve the department they are in, a few managers do not understand or know what to do in their department and they have been in the department for quite a while. The workplace culture, many people are fed up and are getting burnt out from the daily politics that are happening there.
okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMay 23, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Walgreens, however when it came time to move buildings they fired me for a ridiculous reason and then fought unemployment.
training experience
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 23, 2017
during my externship, I learned everything I could and put everything that was taught to me in school into practice, unfortunately, there was no open positions at the time, i had to move on.
This is a great company to work for.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Waterford, WIMay 23, 2017
Walgreens does a great job in valuing their employees and providing exceptional compensation. Employees are encouraged to move up in the company and are offered education towards becoming a certified pharmacy technician.
Great relaxed workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 23, 2017
This is a great company, and i recommend it to anyone. The hours are flexible, the staff is caring, and the managers are very helpful as far as training and making sure the employees are to par with the latest standards set by corporate.
good
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Muskego, WIMay 23, 2017
good place to work, i enjoy that there is flexibility. some days are more difficult than others but if you work through it it can be beneficial. the pay is pretty good too
Way to Wellness
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for walgreens becasue they take care of their people. Also helping the regular customers gave me the sense of satisfaction. One thing that i learned was that change is good.
Management not accountable
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, WIMay 23, 2017
Work at Walgreens 14 years, was a hard worker. Over the years the benefits dwindled. If you are a lazy person this is the job for you. The management and Human resources departments are not accountable. Check out the latest terminations of management at the Windsor Distribution Center. Also find out why so many employees quit in recent months, Walgreens has good cultural beliefs, but there management only talks the talk they don't walk the walk. Shop at CVS they treat there employees good.
Pros
Was I say again WAS a good place to work.
Cons
Lazy people, management has no accountability
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74112May 23, 2017
This was my first job. I really enjoyed the staff and management. I think it was a very fun and smart first job. I got to Learn how to handle money and deal with many different types of costumers.
Pros
was close to home and employee discount
Cons
some staff
Call Center pharmacy job
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2017
Nice co-workers and managers. Good work environment. High rates expected. Must work nights and holidays. Friendly work environment. Dealing with angry customers can be stressful.
Pros
Nice people, beautiful office location
Cons
High rates expected, must work holidays and nights
Productive Workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 23, 2017
Walgreens is a very easy going place to work, flexible work hours, and room for growth in all departments of the company. For instance, I began as a front desk employee and grew to become a pharmacy technician.
Okay
Director, Merchandise Finance (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 23, 2017
Poor advancement and terrible senior management. Not flexible and forward thinking. Old school mentality runs very strong. Office conditions are okay
ok job
Shift Leader/Management (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 23, 2017
ok job, good place to get management experience. The hours and having to work holidays can be burdensome but overall its a decent place to work. Good management
Way to busy and little help
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLMay 23, 2017
While working here, they want more and more from you and provide little help. They expect you to be on your feet for 11 hours straight without taking a break every single day.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
no breaks!!!
walgreens review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 23, 2017
Walgreen's is a great company to work for. They allow you to move up within the company and allow you to open p and become who you are striving to be in life. They are very flexible with the schedule and work with you if you need the help.
Work can be boring one moment and busy the next
Designated Hitter (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2017
You need a lot of patience for a job here. You meet a lot of different people, and you will be taught a lot of different aspects of what the company provides.
Pros
Relaxed at times, depending on the store, decent benefits for full-time employees
Cons
Can be busy, stressful, and frustrating
Very good place to work
Intake Coordinator and front desk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2017
A very good place to work, family oriented, staff was well worth working with, benefits were very good, paid time off, if they were still open would be working there still.
Working third shift you have to make sure the store looks good and is ran right.
3rd shift manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IL 61704May 23, 2017
My night started at 10 p.m. and ended at 8 a.m. I would get there and get the updates from the manager that was about to get off. I was in charge of three employees at night, a front cashier, a person who processed pictures and a pharmacist. My job was to balance the books at midnight and make sure the shelves were stocked and the store was swept and mopped every night. I learned how to do the books and manage a store as well as work in the pharmacy. The hardest part of the job was dealing with problems that occurred during the day. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Pros
Working for 7 days then being off for 7 days
Cons
working over night

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.