Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,155 reviews matching the search
productive work environment. Friendly employers to work for.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 11, 2016
Loved my job, was a great employee while I worked there. I pursued great costomer service. a typical day started with getting my cash till ready for the day. Was then ready to start checking out customers in my line until end of my shift with a 30 minute lunch break and two 15 minute breaks. I learned so much from working in retail at Walgreens. It taught me how to be a good employee and great listener. My co-workers were great to work with. We worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers but I was able to use my customer service skills to service with a smile.
Pros
Lunches
Always something to do
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2016
I enjoyed working Walgreens because I was never without anything to do on a work day. I picked up some skills that I take pride in such as my customer service and time management. My co-workers were great. We were a great team. The hardest part about the job was the language barriers with some customers because we didn't have anyone that knew the language. The most enjoyable part of the job was the tight knit team we had.
Pros
Knowing the sales
Cons
Not much room to grow within the company
Nine Place to Work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2016
• Maintain up to date passenger records in customer database, making all necessary changes in status, client contact information, fare/rider type or other important field entries.
• Able to bring order out of chaos and defuse emotionally-charged, disruptive situations.
• Perform at a highly energetic level; self-motivated with a sense of timing and practical organizational methods to ensure efficiency of assignment completion.
Pros
Cons
Went out of business
A Great Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chaska, New Prague, Savage, Bloomington, etc.June 6, 2016
I have worked for Walgreens 11 years in management and really love my job. I have a family with kids and would love spending more time with them. Working nights, weekends, and holidays prevent me to do just that. I don't mind working nights and weekends occasionally to meet deadlines or goals, but would prefer not to.

I have learned so much as stated in my resume plus more. The hardest part of my job is working to midnight and have to get up in the middle of the night with an infant. The enjoyable part of my job is the staff and the friendships made.
Pros
Great Family work enviornment
Cons
Working nights and weekend and Holidays - Have Kids
Not as great as it used to be
Photo Specialist/CPhT/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, IL & Seattle, WAMay 23, 2016
Walgreens used to be an incredible company to work for. They took care of their employees, and fostered an incredible culture of striving for the health and happiness of both their customers and their employees. Nowadays, it's much less like that. Corporate continues to expect us to do the same caliber of work we used to, but with half the staff. And when we don't meet metrics, they slash hours even more.
Pros
Great coworkers, decent pay
Cons
Variable hours, terrible upper management
A comfortable environment with plenty of chances to advance
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Lodi, NJJune 8, 2016
Although the company has changed, and many of the aspects that have kept me loyal have gone, I've found myself willing to give extra effort to both my superiors and co-workers alike. I've worked in different locations, and worked with a variety of costumers who range from caring and considerate to ignorant and aggravating. Yet, through the company's culture methods, I've bettered as a person, and have learned to stay professional under many circumstances.
Pros
Amazing benefits, and convient discounts.
Cons
Suffering from injuries through unloading massive truck deliveries, and low income.
Walgreens was a very enjoyable job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of cashiering, showing outstanding customer service, and working all departments. The managers were very professional. They took their job very seriously. The hardest part of the job was unloading the trucks. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my peers. All of my coworkers made the job feel less stressful and like a more upbeat environment.
Pros
Paid time off, Employee events
Cons
Inflexible work schedule, Store location.
fast pace but always had fun during work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2016
I haven't been working there for that long, but the day just starts off with the bus riders coming for bus passes. It is pretty slow during the morning. I am not much of a smoker but i am starting to know the brands due to customers request. Some managers are great to work with but there are a few where thy make the job just mundane. Like the managers some are great and others not so great but overall the coworkers there are the best. Hardest part is still trying to figure out where products go where. Enjoyable part is when i get to meet new people.
Pros
employees discount
Cons
nasty customers
Productive workplace
Shift Lead/ Management (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work involves me communicating tasks from store manager to team members. You must focus on great customer service and tend to the needs of the store. Management can vary from store to store. Co-workers are pretty good overall. Hardest part of the job is trying to complete all of the tasks given by the store manager in a timely manner while tending to customers and team members. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers with their questions and concerns.
Pros
Great Scheduling, Great Team members
Cons
Corporate doesn't seem to care about employee needs, Advancement opportunities
Wouldn't consider this long-term
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2016
Walgreens is a wonderful company to work for when it comes to benefits. I would suggest someone to make it into a career choice. Even working as a pharmacy technician there, isn't a good idea. You're paid much less than what an experienced pharmacy technician would get paid at other places such as hospitals. Don't settle for less. I recommend this job to students or someone who just graduated high school and looking for some extra income.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Management and CEO
High-speed workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLMay 24, 2016
The managers would always hand me their duties to me as I had to work the register as well because they knew I was efficient, hard-working, and dedicated to my work. I was always busy from the time I got there to the time I clocked out. My co-workers were not as efficient as I was so often they would take my place at the register while I was assigned to complete the labor in the store. The hardest part of the job had to be keeping up with everything handed to me. The most enjoyable part was encountering the regular customers that loved to come visit me.
Pros
Customer service experience, experience in all work areas
Cons
short unpaid breaks, a lot of responsibility for hard-workers
Excellent and productive place to work
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMay 27, 2016
Typical daily activity was pulling orders from the ware house at the fork lift request. I learned a lot with this position mostly safety as well keeping productivity high in the ware house. My co- worker experience was excellent, we all worked together as a team nightly to get the daily task and mission accomplished. The hardest part of of the job was preforming additional employees task due to them being a no show. The most enjoyable task of the job was getting the job completed daily task with no accident.
Walgreens
ASM-T (Current Employee) –  MIJune 12, 2016
If you don't have a great team you will always be behind. I was an ASM-T $16.00 an hour and had to take classes and pass or demoted to SFL $11.50 an hour. ASM and Store Manager didn't do much but made me do everything, and if i didnt complete everything/everyone else work would be written up and get fired. Everyday was a struggle because i was afraid Iwould be fired. Work different hours never consistent and not EVER to take a sick day when you become a manager. Terrible place to work unless you are in college or older. Pay for everyone else starts at $9.00 an hour. For a place of retail that way too low. I have a BA and feel I should be higher in the company.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Management, employees, ROD, no accountability, too much work
Customers are the best part of this job
Cosmetics Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 31, 2016
Typical day consisted of sharing information with clients to help them make decisions building displays to bring attention to the products, and cleaning and organizing of sales areas.
Management of money brought in from sales.
Customers were the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Opportunities to educate while learning about peoples needs and how to fulfill them
Cons
Time constraints in regards to getting all of the display work and closing work completed.
Typical day and tasks.
Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Malone, NYJune 1, 2016
On a typical day I provided excellent customer care, by greeting customers with a positive attitude and/or I assist the customer with finding the product they're looking for. The hardest part of my job is doing aisle resets. This involves changing around the aisles while also performing your daily task. I am most satisfied with my job when I am able to make a customers experience at the store pleasant.
Pros
Talking with a diverse amount of people.
Cons
Having to handle unsatisfied customers from time to time.
How I learned to be a Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILJune 3, 2016
I work with a great team of Pharmacists and Technicians that have taught me a great deal in my year and a half working of working with them. My day, as all other jobs I have worked in, starts with customer service. I take a lot of pride in helping people with medications, insurance issues, and just giving them a great experience as often they are not coming to us at their best. I really got a lot out of working as a team with this group of people. Communication is the key when working with so much data and prescription drugs.
Not for everyone
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 4, 2016
A lot of turn over due to management. Shady things go on their that are probably illegal to do to your employees, but get away with it anyways. Co-workers and the people you meet their is the best part. Never try to stand up for yourself what is right or wrong. Advancement only happens if management likes you and you keep your head down. Gained a lot of great experience. Would never want to work their again. I wouldn't shop at Walgreen's, the only time I do is to visit my co-workers and to get prescriptions. Love the pharmacy staff! They overwork and understaffed the pharmacy all the time, but if they had the right tools they would be the best!
Walgreens has a organized management with a team-oriented workplace
National Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2016
Very well organized company. Working in the pharmacy you get to interact and meet people from all different cultures. You get to learn many the everyday operations of a pharmacy and get to operate and manage a pharmacy. Management is very understanding and makes time to work with you if any issues arise. Walgreens is a huge team-oriented workplace
Pros
Nice work culture and Management
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours to work
Productive and very nice Coworkers, I just wish it was easier to advance.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37421June 10, 2016
I got the chance to train within the Pharmacy, but my manager decided to not tell me that I'm not going to be training within the pharmacy anytime soon. So I've been sitting idle for a few months waiting for this action, getting my hopes up and really bragging about it to my friends, when in reality they kind of lead me on for the position.Other than that I have really enjoyed working there. I love talking to customers and helping them find what they need. I feel like this job has helped me grow, mature, and really build up my people skills.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short lunch, not reliable in job advancement
A Nice place to work for some people just not me
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Opelousas, LAJune 13, 2016
* A typical day at work is stressful it's so much being shoved on one person & not one person is willing to help or work with you

* I've learned how to deal with rude managers & advanced in my customer service skills.

* Management is the worst & I'm ready to part ways with this company.

*The hardest part of the job is knowing that I have to go & deal with management.

* The best part of my job is dealing with the customers they always give me a kind word and tell me nice things to help me make it through the day.