Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 16,060 reviews matching the search
Learned the business of Walgreens as an intern- Liked working here
Community Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMay 26, 2017
It was manager trainee so each day here was difficult. f I was working here and going to school, and this became too much.I also worked in the pharmacy because I was training for all positions. This was a very unique job.
Pros
Manager who treated me fairlly. She worked with my school schedule
Cons
Late hours because of school hours
bad
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  rialsMay 25, 2017
they expected too much and never seemed happy. they would expect they same amount of stuff to be done regardless of how busy the store was. the biggest problem was how understaffed they were
Pros
discount
Cons
recognition
Awesome pay but no work/life balance
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 25, 2017
Management pay is great and lots of opportunities for advancement if you really want to grow within the company. Bonus program is great as well. Work was intense and rain sun or shine you had to open your store or else. I never felt that there was a concern for health and well being of employees. When I worked there we had to stay open if Hurricane or snow storm was coming.
Anonymous.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
Great days everyday. Friendly environment and crew members. Wonderful management. Hardest part was trying to form a bond with my manager because he was stand off ish.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 25, 2017
Hardest part of the job especially if you work in cosmetics department you have to sale certain items to get a little bit of a bonus. The more you can talk people into buying them the more money you make. If you live in a small town where people live paycheck to paycheck it can be hard to get money out of it.
Productive fun place to work with awesome commitment
Cashier/ Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 25, 2017
Walgreens was such a great place to work!
The vibe wa salways great and the managers were always very understanding.
Loved their healthcare options and 401k plans!
Overall amazing place all around.
Pros
Breakrooms, calm vibe, fair pricing, great discount
Cons
You'll get angry customers at any retail location you ever work at; other than that non!
making sure all the trash and floors are clean and getting trash together before i actually operate the register
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 25, 2017
nothing is to easy or hard as long as you set your mind to the task and do not miss a beat as of laziness and keeping customers satisfied to the best of their favor in the work field.
Pros
keeping everything in order and the fashion it suppose to be.
Cons
Making sure customers find everything in orde, r on time, and at a speedy past. to give satisfaction guaranteed .
Its a good company
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMay 25, 2017
I like working her just this job just like any other takes a lot out of you because it never stops there. The company has room to grow more and can improve on some things. My biggest thing is that they hurt the workers when they cut hours and expect the same result on half a team.
Pros
The coworkers become like family
Cons
When they cut hours each summer
they take care of their employees
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lavista, NEMay 25, 2017
I enjoyed working at walgreens. It was a fun and laid back work environment. Flexible schedule. Good people to work with... Great company and they also participate in alot of community activities which is great!
Pros
flexible, laid back, community outreach
Cons
pay could be better as well as room for advancement
Fun place to work, good pay and very good fringe benefits
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNMay 25, 2017
Very good place to work..it is busy all the time and never a dull moment. Employee discount is awesome and it is a very friendly place for workers and customers!
Great Company to be part of.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami FLMay 25, 2017
I had the pleasure of working for this company. The staff and management always had a great, uplifting, and positive attitude. One part I can honestly say was not the best, was when work picked up speed before you could breathe. I can rate this company 5 stars, it was great being part of the team.
A solid reputable pharmacy
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Oxley ACTMay 25, 2017
Walgreen Company is a good employer that believes in working, laughing, boosting in the pleasure of selling products, believes in courtesy, kindness, generosity, cheer, friendship and honest competition. It provides leadership program for young graduates.
Great place to learn.
COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 25, 2017
Learned a ton at this internship. I worked with a lot of really great people, and overall I really enjoyed the expdrience.

Although I didn't choose to stay with the company after the internship, I really got a lot out of the experience.
A decent place for those seeking to work in retail
customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  7350 Barrington Rd, Hanover Park, Il.May 25, 2017
As far as retail jobs go Walgreens is one of the better ones because it usually is not too busy and it allows you to learn many skills that may help you in the future.
Boring, everyone negative
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHMay 25, 2017
negative attitudes from management, people are mad they have to come in and actually do what is required of them, I'm only put on register which is also something no one wants to do, 40 year olds with work ethic of 16 year olds
Pros
Discount
Cons
Ghetto, no variety, whiners
Getting along with your co- workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 25, 2017
I want to make sure our customers are fully satisfied with their service at Wal- Greens, and I enjoy working with my co- workers, having team work helps.
Pros
Having pot lucks
Cons
Their healthcare is ok, but you would have to pay most of bill to dr.'s visits7
No complaints. Transitional position
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TX 78132May 25, 2017
Fast paced, busy work environment gave me the experience to grow and move on. On your feet all day. Sometimes hectic. Provided opportunity for self-development and improved customer service.
Its ok.
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 25, 2017
Its ok, you know, if you do not enjoy having money. I mean, it pays the bills...barely. Definitely need a second income though. It was too much mandatory OT for $10/hr.
terrible place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 25, 2017
There's not much to say. I was paid almost minimum wage. I never had a lunch break. Most days I could not even finish a 15-minute break to scarf down a protein bar and a drink. It was always chaotic, I left at least one hour late at the end of every shift. Customers are extremely rude.
Busy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, ILMay 25, 2017
It was a fast paced job and always busy. Sometimes a very stressful one. Have to be patient. It was a good experience and helped me improve my pharmacy skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.