Walgreens Employee Review

Its like being in high school all over again
Photo Technician/Cosmetics/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIOctober 11, 2013
Management is sub-par. No room for advancement. Either to little or to many hours. Non-competitive wages. They enforce branded company slogans that you are required to say to "each and EVERY person or you could be written up and terminated. Customers absolutely hate it, and don't want to repeatedly hear it. However the company does not care how you get treated for getting "their message" acrossed. Over the last year Walgreens as a company has gone through a lot of changes and its made the employee moral drop.
Cons
Lots and Lots of DRAMA

Other Walgreens Employee Reviews

Great place to work until you are in a supervisory position.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2018
When I started I had planned to retire from Walgreens. After 5 yrs they had restructured their management and those that had been Assistant Managers had to reapply for their jobs and take the title Shift Leader (SFL) which resulted in a pay cut of several dollars and a wage cap for each position.
Good mangers who care about the custumers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 19, 2018
I ran the cash register upfront so dealing with customers was not a issue, i had a well rounded staff, we all went out of our way to make sure shoppers were pleased. Plenty hours to obtain there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.