Walgreens

8.5K reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Walgreens
Pharmacy Technician Extern and Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Oregon City, ORAugust 3, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: lack of training
They don't train their employees very well. They have you train on a computer but don't allow time for the training. Instead of showing me how to do something they just did it for me.
Working at Walgreens
Service Clerk, Beauty Advisor, Photo Specialist (Current Employee), Newton, MAAugust 3, 2015
I have worked at Walgreens for about 2 years. I work as a clerk and sometimes, I would have to alternate between photo tech, clerk and beauty advisor when there is a lack of employees. On truck days, we're responsible for putting away shipments. The staff is friendly
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), New YorkAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
I hate it. Management, long hours, low pay, customers everything. Management expects you to do a lot for basically nothing. You have no voice and you are always blamed even if it is not your fault.
Easy workplace, but boring at times
Cashier (Former Employee), Castaic, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: 15% discount
I had eight hour shifts most days (which I don't mind), but I wish I could have done other tasks besides being a cashier. There wasn't much for me to do in those eight hours besides clean or put up tags (which are easy). Honestly I was standing around bored most days.
busy productive store
Sr. CERTIFIED/REGISTERED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLAugust 3, 2015
typical day is spent typing, filling and cashing customer out it is a very busy store and not a lot of time to socialize at least in the pharmacy.
Helping people to the best of my knowledge!
Senior Pharmaceutical Technician (Former Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 2, 2015
Seeing my customers returning and asking specifically for me is the one feeling i like because i know im doing my job right and also helping to the best of my knowledge.
Great Productive
Head Photo Speicialist (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYAugust 2, 2015
Walgreens is a great place to start and earn some job experience. The ability to advance is there but only if you provide the effort to become eligible for it.
amazing
Supervisor (Former Employee), Magnolia, NJAugust 2, 2015
I loved working for Walgreen's it was the best work experience I had. I left the company for a promotion and for a higher salary. I liked working with the management we had they made you feel like they truly care about your well being. They had a lot of loyalty customer that were daily customer and we could bond with.
Good place to work and good store management
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: get along well with co workers, good place to work
Cons: short breaks no matter how long u work, standing all day
Typical day is scanning in prescriptions, answering incoming calls, filling prescriptions, running the register checkin out the customers. Hardest part is keeping up with the prescriptions and doing everything efficiently when there is alot of customers and most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers and being able to help them with whatever questions they may have.
A community store
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee), Grandview, MOAugust 2, 2015
I get to talk with the customers, and many know me by name. It nice to see customers helping each other, always willing to lend a hand or share a smile.
Exciting environment
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 2, 2015
Call prescribers for refills, take in new prescriptions, consult patients on new medications, offer OTC consultations. Always a busy place to work and always able to learn something new.
Very upbeat people working here. All kinds of different customers
HEAD PHOTO SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Milan, ILAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits were great
Cons: Worked holidays
A typical day at work got the photo lab ready. Organized the orders that needed to be printed. Management was awesome and very understanding at walgreens. The hardest part of the job was leaving it I loved working here. The best part of the jobs was seeing all the pictures vacations, babies born, and well everything!
Excellent company
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLAugust 2, 2015
I enjoyed the challenges and opportunities with Walgreens. My experience of learning the business and engaging in the daily operations of drug store retail was very rewarding.
Hated every day with them
Photo Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 2, 2015
the worst job and now i see why it is so hard for them to keep employees. dirty location and always slacked on keeping up to date products in their coolers.
Great Starter Job
Customer Assistant Associate (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Its a great starter job with the management willing to be flexible with work hours. The Hardest part of the job is Holidays and last minute shoppers.
Very productive place to work
Shift Floor Leader (Current Employee), Greenville, ALAugust 1, 2015
Pros: great team of coworkers
Cons: When hours get cut with the different season change.
I love working for Walgreen. It is one of the company's that I have worked for that I really enjoy working for. The team that I work with is awesome all the time. We have a family type thing going on there and it's great.
Loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kingston, PAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: learning experience
Cons: loss of hours
I was only there for seasonal purposes but I loved to work there. I loved working the register and stocking the shelves. The other workers were really hard workers but very friendly.
Was a great company to work for.
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), PharmacyAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits and relations
Cons: Hours
I really enjoyed my time with Walgreens. The shifts were crazy sometimes, but the benefits made up for it. I enjoyed my interactions with everyone, from the management to the floor personnel and within the pharmacy. Working with the customers was one of my favorite things to do during the day and I loved the relationships that had been made over the years. I had married into the Army and had moved – more... a few times. I was always nice to be welcomed by familiar customers and co-workers when I would return to a location I had been to before. The hardest part of the job is when you cannot help someone because their insurance doesn't cover their medication or they just don't have enough money to purchase their medications. I would do everything in my power to try to help by calling insurance or doctors. But sometimes you just cannot help and that is the most difficult situation to encounter. – less
Hour Externship (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2015
Walgreens is one of the places I learned most about customer service, where customers come first no matter what the situation is. I learned to always apologize to customers if we are right or wrong!
Good place to work!
Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Communication from Corp to various areas in the field.
Company Change: slow communication related to company direction. Mainly due to company change, communication of information didn't flow quickly with respect to keeping various groups of employees in the loop.

Various groups of employees were not a liberty to discuss the non confidential or basics of change.

Overall this is a very good company to work for with many great leaders.
Headquarters