Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 14,814 reviews matching the search
Overall great company
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PA 16148March 30, 2017
Great company to work for in my opinion. Hours aren't great with it being a pharmacy open 364 days a year but overall great work environment. I just had manager who accused me of thievery while telling employees; Only to apologize to me, but not inform employees I was innocent.
Pros
Ovetall great company
Cons
Not so great hours.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 30, 2017
A typical work day consisted of maintaining the sales floor, and stock room along with helping customers.I learned hard work and dedication at Walgreens.
A very productive workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 29, 2017
Walgreens was avery productive place to work and they worked well with me with my schedule due to me being a student. The management, team, and most of my customers were very nice and a pleasure to be around.
Pros
15-25% discounts
Fair
HEAD PHOTO SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 29, 2017
My typical day at work at Walgreens is like every other retailer out there; providing good customer service and always keeping yourself busy. I learned many different expectations for every department in Walgreens. Management at Walgreens is very bad, workplace culture was a really big diversity among everyone but it is also very engaging. The hardest part of the job was handling theft, how to handle bad customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job our customers, helping and engaging with customers makes me happy.
Pros
Recognition by receipt surveys
Cons
Pay
Great retail company
Externship Student (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 29, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job as an Externship student was getting to know the pharmacist and the staff members. I enjoyed working as a team and providing the best customer service.
Fun place to work depending on the store.
Sr. Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  NJ, TX, NJMarch 29, 2017
Typical day would be 50-60 calls on average, filling 200-400 scripts daily. The best part of my day was being able to see the smile on a cancer patient because of the cancer meds shes was able to afford
Never a dull moment
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 29, 2017
Overall it's not a bad place to work. I've noticed a lot of ethic issues but what place doesn't have that? The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find a product that they can't find.
Pros
Always chance for promotion, lunch and breaks always given at reasonable time
Cons
Drama, rule bending for some employees and not all, even if there's bad weather the store stays open no matter what, you're expected to risk your life to get to work
Easy to move up
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMarch 29, 2017
if you express the desire they will work with you to become promoted.
Very easy gong as far as if you had appointments or another engagement you needed time off for.
great place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 29, 2017
this was a great place to work for, the staff was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable with asking questions when I first started. tight knit and always willing to help each other. had a great benefits package and share profit plan
Pros
great people
Flexible
PHARMACY TECH (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 29, 2017
Was a great job coming straight from high school. Very family oriented as well as flexible. Learned alot of medical terminology as well as medication usage, side effects. First job were I contacted third parties getting my foot in the medical field
okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 29, 2017
The job is fine, you get long hours it's fun you do get a rush but you will be fine long you know how to have a steady pace. You will have fun. The management team is okay.
Terrible
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2017
Walgreens the company is a joke. I've met some really teammates and people that'll probably be a part of my life for forever. Other than that they suck! They'll fire you for anything but refuse to give you any raises. Managers are never held responsible for their wrong doing and mistreatment of employees.
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
everything else
Awesome company to work at
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed meeting new people everyday. I have worked here in a while however customers still ask for me. I love helping others find what they need in the store. Customers were very appreciative.
This is not a family oriented company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 29, 2017
I think this company should reevaluate their management on a regularge basis. Management does not value their emotes as they should. I think this one major reason the company experience so.much employee turnovers
Real Estate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMarch 29, 2017
Worked with you when you had family issues to attend to.Gave you the ability to work on your own without having management over your shoulder at all times.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
short breaks
Laid Back Place To Work
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 29, 2017
A typical day of work could be pretty chilled. Walgreens welcome a lot of customers daily. Pharmacy gets most of the customers on a regular basis. I've learned that every job is not easy. This is a retail job, so of course around the holidays it is pretty busy. The hardest part about the job right now is staying on task at all times. The phone constantly rings throughout the day and customers asks questions about various things. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on the customers faces as well as management.
Pros
Being Recognized for Customer Service
Photo Technician/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 29, 2017
Started at Walgreen in high school. I worked here for two years and enjoyed every moment of it. The superiors was friendly and the atmosphere was great. Here i learned the importance of how deal with people and solve problems.
loved the employees there
Manager & Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bremen, GAMarch 29, 2017
I loved working for walgreens, but after 14 years i was looking for a change! I transferred here to ga from illinois and it was a whole lot different than my walgreens back in illinois to slow paced for me and too many chefs in the kitchen!
Pros
learned a lot!
Cons
had to push sales
Welcoming work place
Cosmetic Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alachua, FLMarch 29, 2017
They were a very welcoming staff, I was given little gifts when I first arrived. It's very family oriented, although it sometimes is challenging because of how hard the higher ups are on us but even then we worked together to get the task done and inprove as a store.
Pros
15% off and 25% off on Walgreens brand
Cons
You can be at work for 10 hours and only get a 30 minute break & 2 15 minutes, which isn't very long
Creative and happy environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 29, 2017
I learned how to take care of a customer in a friendly and fast manner.The workplace environment is very friendly. The most enjoyable part id employee recognition.
Pros
incentives
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.