Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,754 reviews matching the search
workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCApril 28, 2016
a typical day was I work from 4-10 Five days a week and 8-4 on sat. management was always hanging out in the office and not on the sales floor until I moved to north Carolina then management was always on the sales floor helping with stocking the merchandise or helping customers.
Pros
Cons
no healthcare for part time
workplave
photo specialist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 28, 2016
it is a good place as long as you do your job. the customer can be stressful to work with the employees are people that care but some dont care
Pros
discount
Cons
not flexable
Good
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 28, 2016
Good company to work for. Not a career unless wanting to become a pharmacist, otherwise good job. Good training and benefits.
Great company depending on location.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Ranch,COApril 28, 2016
was a great place to work, most people were like family. The only and biggest problem that I faced was the store manager. overall the company is great to work for.
Productive yet fun
Photo Specialists/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2016
I love how my managers where able to get things done on time without making it really seem like if it was work. They also made sure that the employees were taken care of. It was honest work.
About my job
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2016
My co-workers are nice and easy going, fun to work around. Very down to earth, and makes the work place comfortable.......
Not to pleasant place to work
cashier/customer services (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 27, 2016
The management was not to helpful,did not get very many hours to work each week. Other employees was not too helpful at things needed.
A relatively easy, yet dull job brightened by the friendliness of co-workers and management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 27, 2016
The job in general was simplistic, and as a result, somewhat boring. I would perform a variety of tasks throughout the day, such as stocking shelves, assisting customers, running the cash register, or doing chores in the stockroom. These mundane tasks were made infinitely more enjoyable thanks to the easily approachable management and my friendly co-workers. I found it easy to make friends inside of the store, and I always felt accepted and welcome in the environment. I learned the value of teamwork by cooperating and learning from my co-workers, and I experienced the fulfilling feeling of working hard to do a good job. This was simultaneously the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Simple work, with excellent people to work with
Cons
Dull work, long hours on occasion
its the best place to work because there is always something to learn
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 27, 2016
my typical day of work involve typing, filling and taking in prescription orders from costumers. I get the opportunity to assist different costumers based on their needs, for instant calling their insurance on their behalf, or educating and showing them the location of something they want to buy in the store. i have a supportive co-workers and we work together as a team and we recognize and celebrate each others birthdays. the hardest part of my job is when dealing with rude and upset costumers.
Performance oriented and accomplished Sr. Business Analyst offering an experience of around 8 years in the IT Industry.
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Walgreens, ILApril 27, 2016
• Ability to Interact with Project Managers, SME’s and Client directly to gather requirements.
• Strong analytical skills and methodical approach to problem solving.
• Ability to suggest improvements and collaborate with others to generate ideas and improve process.
• Strong practitioner of clearly written purposeful communication and direction.
• Excellent coordination skills, Documentation Skills, Team problem solving ability, analytical and programming skills in high speed, quality conscious, Multitasked environment.
Great environment.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 27, 2016
My short time I was here completing my externship was great. All the employees and management were amazing. Very fun, fast paced working environment.
great customer service but too much work on employees
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJApril 27, 2016
Although working there we made sure the customers were happy and healthy, the employees need to be taken care of as well for their hard work.
Pros
positive environment and giving out good customer service
Cons
lunch breaks too short and not enough recognition
walgreens cashier/beauty adviser
Cashier and Beauty Adviser (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALApril 26, 2016
typical day at work would be taking care of customers , and working the cash register. We also had daily jobs like working on resets, overstock, out dates, ad tags etc. We always had to face the store when we had time.
Learned alot about customer service, about handling a cash register and learned how to revise a store.
Management- was okay but everyone had different ways of doing/ handling things and it got confusing. One manager didnt like me being honest..so there is that.
Loved my co-workers! We helped each other out as much as we could. Some have became my best friends.
Hardest part of the job was doing the cosmetic wall resets!!!
Most enjoyable part was helping customers and my co-workers.
Pros
pretty good pay, health insurance, easy job
Cons
it was too far from where i lived, some drama with management
Very busy work place
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 26, 2016
A typical day at work consists of stocking new items, giving the best customer service as possible, and making sure the store is presentable for the next day. I learned how to multitask with different customers and to sale suggestive products. Management told employees to do their tasks we as a team did everything. The hardest part of the job was the hours, their were a lot of employees working so it was difficult for everyone to have regular hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they needed, and inform them of what they ask, and mention other things they are most likely to love.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
The pay
Not as expected in such a large company
Shift/Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 26, 2016
They don't care about their employees & their health. All they care about is their numbers. They don't commend you on your efforts done well, only to put you down when things are incomplete or don't have enough help or time to complete tasks. Third shift (24hr stores) - there is no overnight security, even in the worst of neighborhoods. It's just 1 shiftlead & 1 cashier. Not safe at all.
productive and fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAApril 26, 2016
great place to work at. enjoyed the years that I spent at this place overall liked the people and the job. Great place great place
benefits
Cons
hard to move up
Sr. Java/J2ee Developer (Current Employee) –  Rhode Island, RIApril 26, 2016
Walgreen undertook a strategic business transformation project called OneWalgreen/One Patient View project to provide consolidated view of cross-chain pharmacy customer and provider (eg. ScriptMed and IC+ Central) information to improve business agility through enhanced integrations between ERP, Master Data Management (MDM), BI and ODS systems with the strategic SOA Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) architecture which I was responsible for designing, developing and Implementing
Walgreens is a great company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed working for Walgreens. I enjoyed the chances to earn extra money by doing suggestive sales. The supervisors are great to work with.
loved the people I worked with at the store level, walgreens-not so much
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Revere, MAApril 25, 2016
pay rates were very low for the amount of work that was asked of us. Like the saying goes- "over worked and under payed"... very true, and walgreens company seems stingy
Fast Paced High Pressure
Senior Certified Pharm Tech (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIApril 25, 2016
From the moment you walk through the door until you leave you will be kept busy and on your toes. Expect to be on the phone a lot. Multitasking is definitely required. Customers will be cranky regardless of your service because they are sick. There is a lot to learn and you will continually learn through out your career. It can be rewarding. You are in close quarters with your coworkers, so getting along is key.