Walgreens
8,441 reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Great for a large company
SALES (Former Employee), Loveland, COJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Caring for their employees
Cons: Short Breaks
I enjoyed Walgreens. Flexible hours and fun environment. Getting to work with customers everyday was always a plus.
Learning new skills and being able to deal with cash and getting experience.
A company you can advance with but it takes time.
Store floor lead (sfl) (Former Employee), La Plata, MDJuly 28, 2015
Large workloads and small staff but a nice environment and friendly coworkers. There is room and opportunities to advance but it takes more time than it should.
Fun place to work...Not worth the money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Hard to get benefits
With the right people this place can be very fun. Other then that it is very difficult to move up in the company. They have very strict standards and have changed a lot from when i first started for them.
Rue 21
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Hartsville, SCJuly 28, 2015
I was over the fashion show, and had a great time putting together, i hate i had to leave Rue 21 for school reasons but i did enjoy my time there.
The people were nice, fun and caring.
Store Front Lead (Former Employee), East Peoria, IllinoisJuly 28, 2015
I worked for this company for over 20 years. I worked for several different managers. The management was primarily caring and helpful to the employees. In a typical day, I would assist customers and employees – more... to make a better relationship for the company with the community. I learned how to look at things from different views and to listen to people. The hardest part of my job eventually became the overnight hours. The best part was the people, not just the employees, but the customers, also. – less
High paced
Head Photo Clerk (Former Employee), Bartlett TNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Customer satisfaction
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work- generating reports on loss prevention, sales and ordering supplies. Constant interaction with the public. I learned how to operate new machines in producing photos, how to manage a – more... department and keeping the customer happy. Management at the location I worked at was very friendly and turned over the department for me to run and train new employees on the OSHA guidelines of handling hazardous materials and proper disposal. The hardest part of this position was unloading trucks on delivery day but that soon became a snap with team efforts. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the customers reaction to the finished product – less
Not a bad place to work, retail-wise.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Casa Grande, AZJuly 28, 2015
The graveyard shift has you working ten-hour shifts, 7 days straight, but then you also have a week off (minus delivery day). This was preferable to me compared to some of the schedules I had to put up – more... with at former employers (unloading trucks at Walmart sticks you with one day off at a time, which means you really can't plan anything resembling a weekend).

The usual retail annoyances apply: occasional rude customers, constant pressure to push candy bars and the like at registers, and an insistence on uttering strange, hackneyed slogans upon concluding transactions ("Be Well!"; this has been mercifully discontinued). Also, half-hour lunches.

Overall, though, a nice work environment. Compared to my stints at a gas station and big-box retailer, the middle-of-the-night-psychopath quotient is drastically lower. Management is mostly agreeable, as are co-workers. Of course, your mileage may vary store by store. – less
Great job to build legendary customer service skills and working with the general public.
Cosmetics Specialist Rebecca Peterson (Current Employee), Lompoc, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Daily challenges, not a dull job, fun loving people, opportunities.
Cons: Can take stress home with me
I open and also close the cosmetics department. A typical morning shift as a cosmetics advisor at Walgreens is I see what tasks need to be accomplished throughout my shift. I am responsible for making – more... sure inventory is organized and we have what we need. In between daily tasks, I must provide customer care and knowledge of our beauty products. I am also responsible for sales and making specific quotas each shift.
I have learned how to keep my inventory precise and make sure I am aware of what products we have plenty of and which products we are out of and I order accordingly. I have learned how to interact well with individuals of all types, difficult-easy customers.
Management has provided me with challenges that have developed me into the worker I am today. I am appreciative to the opportunities they give me and continue to give me. Recently I have been asked by my manager to be a part of, "The Dream Clean Team", within our district. I will be going to different store locations and promoting our brand name products in a positive and productive manner.
My co-workers are a bonus. It is important to me to create a work environment that is respectful. I make a strong effort to be kind to everyone I work with.
The hardest part of the job is, I tend to take work home with me at times. No matter what job or position I am actively engaged in, I do, at times take the stress of work home with me. I do this only because I take pride in what I do and how I do it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenges I am given consistently. For example, my boss chose me today to be the coach for out customer service challenge. I will be leading a team of fellow co-workers to get 9's or better on their customer service care reports. I love how my job comes up with friendly competition to improve the love of our customers. – less
It is nice place to work
Senior Java J2EE Developer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2015
It is nice to work and challenge environment. Facing technical challenge and nice to troubleshoot the issues. it is good place to learn new skills and applying our thoughts in it.
n/a
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2015
⦁ Developed and redesigned store p;ans using planogram software, implementing placement strategies strategically designed to boost sales and draw the attention of a new customer base,
⦁ Maintained product displays, identifying replenishment needs and cleaning product space.
⦁ Supervised the process of monitoring product inventory, marking deective products and damaged packages for store removal.
Extremely Hostile Work environment
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Management, Security, lack of chemical safety in labs, theft
Unrealistic expectation, harsh criticism, unsafe work areas. The most difficult part of my job was communicating with management that were always too busy to deal with employee safety utmost chemical photo labs.
Fast pace workplace and opportunities to grow
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
Fast pace and you learn something new everyday. Great opportunities for you to grow within the company. I have learned how to work with team members, train, manage, and delegate.
Productive fast paced
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, ILJuly 27, 2015
Taking in prescriptions, typing prescriptions, filling prescriptions, take care of insurance problems, deletes for the day, stock the drams and vials.
Very busy, great atmosphere
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Hours and Know advancement opportunity.
Call insurance, fill prescriptions and talk with insurance daily. I learned the codes and federal regulations you have to follow while working there. I loved my management they were very flexible when – more... my daughter started school. The co-workers what made the job enjoyable. The hardest part of my job when someone calls off during the first week of the month and the pharmacist and I have over 300 prescriptions to fill not including our other daily duties – less
Friendly Staff, Great Boss
Photo Manager (Current Employee), 3287 Broadway St.July 27, 2015
Pros: Keeps you busy
Cons: Sometimes don't have enough time to finish.
Learned a lot from every day work from learning about picture and quality to some levels of management. Coworkers are great and very friendly. the hardest part was probably putting up truck because it takes my whole shift away from me. Not to mention takes away time from customers that need help in photo.
Retail management at its finest. Customer service and emloyee management at the forefront of my responsibilities.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Evansville, INJuly 27, 2015
Managed numerous locations over my ten years with Walgreens. Fortunate to work with all types of employees and serve all types of customers. Hard work but everyday was different. Continually adapted to – more... changes in retail over the years. Time and employee management was critical to successfully led a team. Results were rewarded at every position. Effective communications and efficient operations were essential. – less
Nice clean enviroment
Pharm Tech (Current Employee), New Orleans,LaJuly 27, 2015
It's a great place to work while in school or just starting to work. The company is very understanding and works around your schedule.
Typical day at walgreens
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: short breaks not enough help
Hardest part of the job is rush hour time when doctor's offices close and people get off from work. Most enjoyable part is learning much of medical terminology. Management and co-workers vary depending on who you get to work with since it is a revolving door of people coming and going.
Team worl
Senior Registered Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FlJuly 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: healthcare
Lots of work, growing company, and motivating. Staff always a team players and supportive. Enjoyed make the customer help and ensuring that they get all need medicine.
Productive and Fun place to work with many growth opportunities
Store Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Many Growth opportunities
Cons: retail holiday schedules
Walgreen's Pharmacy was a great place to work and I learned limitless amounts about myself and business practices during my 15 year tenure there. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the relationships you have the opportunity to build during your time there. May those relationships be with valued customers or loyal employees, there is a sense of family with in this organization.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more

Walgreens Salaries