Walgreens Employee Reviews

I hate this place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 21, 2017
The title sums it up. I hate this place! Everything about it sucks from the management to the other employees. The biggest slap in the face was when they changed the starting pay rate with out bothering to compensate their employees that had been there for years. So people walking in the door where making the same pay as me. I wasted 14 years with this place . I hope they bankrupt close the doors permanently.
Call center jobs suck😝
Clinical Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2017
It don't matter how much you bust your butt to keep your numbers up or how much stress you suddenly become overwhelmed with while taking amost 500 calls a day YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER TECH. They will train newcomers in better positions before asking someone who's been there longer. Raises were garbage and were given out based on favoritism. If you were kissing butt then you got a deceit raise.
Pros
Voluntary time off
Cons
Shift.. horrible hours
a very fun good
Cosmetic Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 20, 2017
i love the job it as a very cool job especially in cosmectics. and then you got to meet new people and takl to different people when they needed help with something or had a question to ask.
nice place for a temporary job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 20, 2017
The manage was nice and the people were as well. They management will throw pizza parties for the staff a few times out of the year. Walgreens really does pride itself on their customer service and wants the customers to be number one priority.
Love working for Walgreens
Cashier/Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJOctober 20, 2017
Working for Walgreens was a wonderful experience. I left because management wanted me to stay as a full-time worker but that was not possible because I had a full-time job. So the part-time hours were no longer available. Therefore I had to leave.
Pros
It was a pleasure working and learning from such a Professional organization
Cons
Leaving Walgreens made me very sad.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2017
Fair pay
Can be hectic workplace during holidays
Must be able to work fast during holidays
Management was fair
Paid time off after a year
Good Part-Time Job
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 20, 2017
I enjoyed working there while I was attending school. My coworkers were nice people but my team was always changing. I also enjoy the personal interaction with the wide variety of costumers that I interacted with.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Photo Tech (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 20, 2017
Conversing the customers, learning things about different people is interesting to me. It's really satisfying to have someone express delight in my customer service. I feel like I have a purpose.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 20, 2017
Working at Walgreens is fairly simple but can be stressful trying to fulfill customer satisfaction. I learned how to multi task and being more independent. The management was great. It was a very friendly culture. The hardest part of the job were the extremely long lines if an employee called in for the day leaving on two people to work a whole shift. The night shifts were the most enjoyable, great employees.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Discounts
Management was good
Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 20, 2017
Few issues early on with scheduling, but it was right after they got a new scheduling software. Hours are always available, but was working full-time hours without full-time title or benefits
Pros
Good discount, good customer base, good coworkers
Cons
Long hours when slow
the same comment
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 20, 2017
this is a repeat area, my comments will be the same, I worked off and on with Walgreens throughout the years until I retired in 2017, which is the reason why I left the company
Not a very good place to work
Beauty Advisor was my title (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXOctober 20, 2017
A lot of drama, bad drama and low pay. The cashier title and beauty adviser are pretty much just shelf stockers. I truly did not enjoy this job and the management was not good or understanding at all.
Pros
Cons
low pay, bad management
Beauty Associate (Current Employee) –  Hickory Hills, ILOctober 20, 2017
I am a full time college student and part time employee. Management works well with me and always offers assistance as I may need it. The overall place of work is pleasant.
fast paced
Sales Associate / Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 20, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Most times it's one manager, one cashier and one member on the floor. The member on the floor is handling their daily ask as well as customers as well as maintaining almost all the other departments. If you're like me you wouldn't mind because it helps time fly by.
Welcoming
Sales Clerk/Resets & Revisions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIOctober 20, 2017
Walgreens was a great place to work. You meet new people everyday. Learn some new skills weekly.
My Manager was very easy to talk with.
The hardest part of my job was weekend scheduling.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Working on Sundays was very hard for me
Not a great place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2017
The management sucks at the job. They don't appreciate the work time and effort you put in at the job. But have good benefits.........................
workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 20, 2017
The job was alright the customers are rude when they want there medication and the management always think the customers are right. If you need a job to to just get bye apply
Constantly changing for the worse
Beauty Advisor/ Photo Specialist/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNOctober 20, 2017
They're constantly adding and taking away positions. Our manager was a complete push over, who let the laziest workers talk their way into not being reprimanded and not being held accountable. As for Walgreens itself, they have just come out with a new "plan" called "frontier." Basically, each person gets more workload with the same pay and the manager gets less responsibility. I know I'm biased because I'm obviously not a fan of Walgreens. But to be fair, not one person at multiple stores (besides managers,) were happy about this new plan. My assistant manager however, was incredible.
Pros
discount, wonderful ASM
Cons
unreasonable pay, high expectations, no time to do tasks
Company Culture
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 19, 2017
Working at Walgreens started good, but after seeing the changes that have happened it has declined severely. Many stores have employees that constantly keep up drama, while others sometimes have a hard time keeping employees.
Fun place to work
Computer and Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 19, 2017
Great place to work. Co workers are amazing. Management is great to well to get along with and have exact direction of what to do. Definitely recommend anyone to work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.