Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,637 reviews matching the search
Productive and fast paced environment, with oppurtunity for development
Assistant Store Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 27, 2016
Would recommend this company to anyone passionate about healthcare/patient industry! Amazing diversity and job culture within entire company and a guarantee of job security and advancement, depending on employees goals.
Pros
Customer Engagment
Cons
Breaks for "lower management" unheard of at most stores, work load can be an obstacle to employee development as ASM
enjoyable
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INAugust 27, 2016
Easy job, fast paced and must be able to multi-task. Need to enjoy being around many diverse people. The hardest part of the job is fluctuating hours with no set schedule.
Prodcutive busy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2016
As a pharmacy tech at walgreens it was my job to type, fill and sell presciptions. I answered any questions that patients might have. I stocked shelves as well and did inventory.
Interesting place to work
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NCAugust 27, 2016
The only problem with walgreens was the favoritism between workers. I believe if you are in anyway related to management you should transfer. Management was very nice until you call out "excessively" then the rules will change on you, what once was considered consecutive days will no longer be consecutive. Or leaving halfway through your shift is no longer non penalty to you, now you'd be fired if you got vomit all over you and were sent home. I would never volunteer to work at a walgreens again.
Pros
family like atmostphere
Cons
when they no longer want you working they make it imposible to work there
Supportive Management and fun work place
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILAugust 27, 2016
I love going in to work every day. My co workers are like my second family. My managers give you everything you need to succeed and we all work together as a team.
Fun, fast pace and easy.
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INAugust 26, 2016
Work with many different individuals who know their own sets of skills. Gained experience in how ordering and shipment is handles as well as many general procedures that apply to any running business.
Quick pace and productive work place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAAugust 26, 2016
My work day involves many different task each day. These task can be long and lengthy but I have to accomplish them along with completing other task. There are always new task to learn. My workplace is fun with awesome staff including management who go out of their way to help when needed. The best skill this job has taught me is time management. I am constantly working on different task while having to perform them in a timely manner. The most important part of my job is our customers. Most of them know the staff by name. However, the most challenging part is the fact that there are not enough hours for all the technicians so I am not able to work my full 40 hours needed.
Pros
Great benefits and wonderful co-workers
Cons
not enough hours for scheduling
i love it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 26, 2016
I do my best to achieve all my goals and i do my best to stand out. working for this company has been a very good thing for me. i have learned a lot and gain experience.
Walgreens was ok to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 26, 2016
unloading trucks, inventory ordering, store openings product knowledge, merchandising, inventories, ect. They are well rounded as far as training employees, loss prevention and rules and regulations. Co-workers are pleasant.
unique and different
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYAugust 26, 2016
Dealing with customers that have specific needs and helping them get what they want also running all aspects of the store and getting the employees involved has been rewarding
Great coworkers but typical retail environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAAugust 26, 2016
I love the people I work with and my immediate boss, but the job has it's negatives. Low compensation for amount of work, higher up bosses in company do not care about you, and last but not least you deal with the stresses of the general public due to it being a retail job.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Compensation for amount of work
Sales environment
Shift Lead/Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2016
I get to work with great people. It was a great learning environment. I have learnt so much more about providing great customer services to customers there.
Fast paced
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 25, 2016
If you are very high energy and are great at multi-tasking while needing to be a perfectionist then the pharmacy is for you. This job takes a strong and caring person to succeed at it.
Pros
never bored
Cons
not a great company for lower employees
10 years ago a great place to work, now, a great place to overwork employees
(MGT)Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 25, 2016
Not enough labor hours to complete day to day operations. Results in longer lines and upset customers. Management has little power to try and change problematic situations. Company morale is at an all time low. Forced pay cuts. Little room for advancement.
Pros
the people I worked with made it a better place to work sometimes.
Cons
breaks are recieved late, or not at all. To many tasks assigned to one person for an 8 hour period.
great co-workers
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 25, 2016
I started working at Walgreens when I was 16 and it was my first job. I worked there for over 3 years. My favorite part of the job was definitely the people I worked with, we all got along very well and had fun while working.
Cons
pay
restaurant job
Initial Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 25, 2016
Working here was working at any typical restaurant gig. The owners were probably the only downfall. They could not seem to keep a steady staff to save their business. This restaurant is now closed.
Productive workplace with free lunches
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHAugust 25, 2016
We had high volume demands that were always met with the friendliness, urgency, and knowledge the customers wanted. The work place was still a very friendly and happy environment with a great crew who knew the difference between work time and joke time, it balanced out well. I learned how to multi-task and catch on to things fast like no employee ever before, since things were always changing. The hardest part of the job, at the time, was keeping up with the fast paced work-flow while trying to stay friendly at all times to customers (which wasn't hard for me since I am naturally a very friendly person.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly staff, designated breaks, affordable health insurance.
Cons
Management switching hands so often that miscommunication occured, prevented me from school for a long while.
Great overall Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2016
It is a great company overall. The days at work are fun if you work with the right people. The healthcare ok I mean it has its ups and downs.
Pros
cool employees
Cons
healthcare is ok
Decent employer
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYAugust 25, 2016
A decent employer. Respects employees. Forgets about giving breaks sometimes. Always short staffed during peak hours.
Pros
Treats employees with respect.
Cons
Forgets about breaks, short staffed
Productive and Positive work environment.
Wellness Guide (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 25, 2016
Working at Walgreens was a great learning experience. Everyday at work was fun and full of energy. Working at Walgreens was a great job but we also faced challenges and as a team we worked hard to overcome them. The best experience was that I was able to interact and build rapport with customers giving them the best customer service experience they would appreciate.