Walgreens
6,935 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Good Benefits, Bad Staffing
Pharmacy Technician/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Sumiton, ALJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: mainly, it was a positive and friendly environment.
Cons: workers who broke rules rarely got reprimanded.
I adored my job for the first two years, the past few months have changed a bit since our old manager quit and a new one was hired. The difference between his and her personalities are so vast and they had polar opposite ways of running the pharmacy. The staff has become more laid back and less eager to do what needs to be done.
Though expensive, the insurance at Walgreens is incredible, most prescriptions are covered up to 80%.
Great Company with strong rooted culture
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Dynamic time currently with shift of management outlook from merger of two companies. Many areas are being downsized or shut down completely while other areas are being held to strict goals and timelines.
Work Day Summary
Administration/ Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Jupiter, FLJanuary 29, 2015
There really is no typical day at work; we need to adapt to whatever the outbound processing volume is. I have learned a great deal and have had a great time. I really like the folks I had a chance to work with!
The hardest part of the job is that there is no continuity with your position; managers are rotated to different areas/shifts.
Very fast paced
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 29, 2015
loved this job. very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Fast paced, always something to do and that's what I look for in a job. I like to stay busy so this was a perfect place for me.
dull enviroment that seemed stagnant
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJanuary 29, 2015
mundane mindless task and unrelenting expectations to better a store that is already established and maxed out.
Meet get people, employees and customers.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 29, 2015
My day usually starts by greeting all the members of the staff. Then we hold a five to ten meeting going over the details of the sales reports from the previous day and objectives set for the current day.
I've learned how to navigate though all the different personalities and work successfully as a team.
I've been very lucking to have work with some of the greatest hard working and supportive co-workers, that I could have ever worked with.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to meet and talk with all kind of different people/customers.
Poor place to work for
CASHIER (Former Employee), New Albany, INJanuary 29, 2015
I worked at Walgreens for almost 5 years and almost everything changed and made it hard to work there. on a daily basis I ran the cash register stocked shelves, greeted customers, I was also a pharmacy technician
Busy work environment, can get very demanding at times.
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAJanuary 29, 2015
One thing you will learn working here is multitasking. Everyday is a new day as there is so much to do and learn.
good place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), houston txJanuary 29, 2015
co workers were to themselves busy work day learned a lot of their computer system management was nice super busy workload a lot of pharmacists good work flow good hours it was retail what more can I say... first job learned alot
Nice place to Work
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Brainerd, MNJanuary 29, 2015
I really have been enjoying working for Walgreens. I have been able to learn so much from my management to help improve my work experience. They have helped me throughout different aspects of my working life. They have shown me how to become a stronger leader. Walgreens offers good benefits as well as a decent schedule.
Every day is different
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Janesville, WIJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: making our customers smile
Cons: a lot of weekend and nights
-There really is no typical day at work, everyday is different and I enjoy that

-I enjoy working with a diverse crowd of people

-The hardest part of my job is the fluctuating hours

-The most enjoyable part of my day is ensuring that my customers smile as they walk out the door
very productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2015
A typical work day here was delivering product. I learned how to drive a small delivery truck and how to receive in food. Management was good. My co workers were great. The hardest part was keeping product in stock. The most enjoyable part of this job was working the Austin City Limit festival.
Great place to work.
Certified Store Manager (Current Employee), Saint Peters, MOJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: customer service and employee engagement
Cons: constricted to retail operations
I have gained an enormous amount of knowledge and experience in managing employees along with what responsibilities and skill sets are needed to keep the business profitable.
productive
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 28, 2015
amazing experience, fun staff and over all it is a wonderful company to grow with
Fun Place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Three Rivers, MIJanuary 28, 2015
It was always busy. Learned a lot about myself and skills that I offer an agency.
Fun and easy going environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Carencro, LaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: benefits
Co-workers were friendly and managers were easily approachable when I had questions or needed help. The hardest part of the job was managing the restocking of shelves while had customers needing to check out. Sometimes my co-worker was unreachable. Walgreens was willing to work around my school schedule and willing to work with me when it came to my personal appointments like doctor appointments or family issues.
Productive fun workplace.
Sr. Cert. Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: the people and good hard work.
Cons: ?
Loved the people here. We were a mom and pop shop that Walgreens purchased and we tried to keep that going for our customers when Walgreens took over. Met some of the best people in my life at this job.
general manager in saginaw mich on e genesee needs to be fired
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: employee personalities
Cons: managers think you steal before you walk thru the store
The pharmacy was absolutely wonderful as a whole and yes there are plenty of stressful situations but either you adapt and move on or you get left behind and do not belong in that environment. If you do what your taught to do and ask questions until you feel comfortable, there will be no problems. Your not going to get along with everybody, which is fine.
friendly work envionment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), IndianapolisJanuary 28, 2015
worked every day to restock shelves and help customers find products, was also responsible for cleaning up stores during night shift.
Pharmacy Technician
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Danville, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits, employee appreciation
Cons: swing shift
This was a very good job! It was fun, fast paced, and everyone was extremely nice. It was a little difficult because I always worked the swing shift.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more