Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 17,213 reviews matching the search
Productive, fun, active, organized
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 23, 2017
Awesome.job to work for I loved it very fast paced which I enjoyed, also great learning experience in many aspects of work, I enjoy yes working with many different people
Not a very positive place to work
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 23, 2017
The management wasn't very nice. They were really rude, and so were a lot of the employees. There were a lot of things to learn, and they weren't very patient if you didn't understand.
Photo Specialist is a fun job
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 23, 2017
The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I was deemed unreliable after ending up in the hospital for double pneumonia during the summer from working in the cooler and freezer for so many hours. It is required that you work any hours they need, and there is no regular or posted schedule. Otherwise I really enjoyed the job. I would work it again if I ever just need additional income.
Pros
Employee discount, will work with school schedule
Cons
no pre-set schedule, often did not known until day before when i would be working.
Not a fun place to work they where ore interested in getting people in the seats
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 23, 2017
The trainer at the facility was not a god trainer.out on the floor if you did not get something they would let you g o instead of putting you back in training. No one on the floor had time to help the ew people
Pros
Close to where I lived
Cons
to many people and not enough help on the floor
Great place to work.
Technical Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2017
Great Management that really cares about it's employees. One of the reasons that many people stay there for their entire career. Excellent training opportunities as well.
Used to be great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New HampshireJuly 23, 2017
Since merger with Boots company has had a lot of turnover... work/ life balance is talked about but never realized. Lots of turnover since merger with Boots and company is directions.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work/life balance...senior management
They dont value people
SFL (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 23, 2017
As an SFL the work to life balance was 0. The crazy hours, never a set schedule, refusal to acknowledge hard work, lack of teamwork, poor managers. The pharmacy people are needy babies always calling for help seems they can't do anything for themself. SFl 's are expected to do majority of work yet little pay and no appreciation. Your paid based on position not based on work style. So if you don't work at all or you bust your butt you all get same pay. Getting promoted is hopeless, they would rather bring in an intern with no retail or life experience and hand them the ASMT position and the higher pay rather than promote. What a joke and a slap in the face. Most days no lunch break. They shove simpler not harder down your throat and frontier yet no one believes in frontier it died months ago. Their motto is employees are replaceable so why invest in them. The rite aide deal was a failure and the expense is being paid off by cut budget hours, cut benefits, cut moral.
Pros
Cons
No lunch break, no appreciation, no work life balance
Family atmosphere constant work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJuly 23, 2017
There is always something to do. Hard workers will have many chances at advancements. You must prioritize your work to be done. Fun and friendly teams.
Pros
Teamwork and promotions
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks
Great place to begin your pharmacy career
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2017
This is a great company, as it will expose you to many facets of how to run a business. The workplace culture is for the most part positive, although stress can come with the job at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help patients manage their medications and stay healthy. The hardest part of my job would be managing the budget. We can get extremely busy sometimes and not have the budget/man-power to keep up, this leads to customer complaints.
Pros
Form strong bonds with co-workers, Upper Management cares for your well-being
Cons
Not given enough resources to run a busy pharmacy, electronics often break down, ; takes a while for things to get fixed once broken (if at all)
i liked it
Head cashier (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 23, 2017
I like to work at Walgreen company i used to be a head cashier ,handle cash,fix counters,put sales and clearance prices help manager to update the store
Pros
flexible
Cons
na
Customer service
Pharmacy Technician trainee (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 23, 2017
For Pharm Techs a typical day is challenging when it comes to patients and their insurance. Lots of bureaucratic kinks to work out.

Learned the basics of pharmacy technician.
Pros
On the job training, flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful work environment, mediocre pay
front end
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 23, 2017
my typical day was cleaning up the front register, making sure my work area was clean for my customers and myself. made sure everything was stacked so no customer would have to wait for me to find different things. i use to put promotional items on the counter to help with sales.
Outstanding job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, ILJuly 23, 2017
My experience at Walgreens is overall great . The customer are pretty much great , management works with you ,and their are plenty of benefits within the company itself .
Pros
Hours, benefits, location
Cons
Pay rate
Productive and fun experience
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CT 06515July 23, 2017
Fun time in general very good exposure they have alot of hardworking people who generally care about the well being of the customers and their respective FAMILY
Slow paced store
Shift lead (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2017
A typical day is slow. I have learned to be patient and also find humor in my work. The culture is pretty relaxed. The hardest part of the job is getting everyone to do their work. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving.
Pros
Great insurance and employee discount
Cons
Lack of structure or support from corporate
Depends on your Area/District
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 22, 2017
Multiple different levels to grow within the company, but at the cost of retail business and retail hours. No consistent work schedule and required to work most weekends no matter your level within the company. Committed to serving the customer at nearly any cost. Management depended on your level and supervisor per store. Pay and job requirements depend on position.
Stressful but ok place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHJuly 22, 2017
Very stressful place to work. They are constantly adding more work to be done and cutting back to hours for help. Good computer system. All day patient interactions through taking scripts, inputting patient information, and selling finished medications. Constant changing of management and positions. Hardest part is working short handed and being on your feet all day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
8 Hours on your feet
Good benefits.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Point, CAJuly 22, 2017
Pay for Assistant Manager is low. Job is interesting, many tasks.
There are several departments to work in. You get a chance to work in most areas of the store.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Not enough staffing to get merchandise to floor.
Customer Service
Customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLJuly 22, 2017
Customer Service
Stock shelves, assisted customers, ordered supplies and enjoyed helping and assisted both customers and employees.
I learned a lot working here.
Pros
workplace
Cons
management
Good benefits/ pay not so good for rph
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJuly 22, 2017
Store mgr is in control of pharmacy. There is a heavy emphasis on both production and creating a "good culture" in the workplace. Depends on store manager but mostly Technicians are given most of the authority when it come to workflow and production weather or not it is efficient or productive but the rph is ultimately responsible and usually ends up working extra off the clock or burning themselves out or both.
Pros
Good benefits/ pay
Cons
Rph put up in position of responsibility with no athority

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.