Walgreens
7,142 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Rio Rancho NMFebruary 24, 2015
Productive and fun place to work. If you enjoy working hands on with animals this is a great place to work. You feel as is you are apart of a family.
Productive, fun, and fast pace workplace
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: a total of 45 minute breaks, occasional free food, and nice and friendly co-workers
Cons: no secruity (unsafe environment)
A typical day at work (Walgreens) would be following tasks given by the manager that must be competed at the end of your shift in order for the store to please the customers as well as producing money for the store. While trying to get tasks done there were many more other small objectives that had to be done, such as assisting customers and answering phone calls. I have learned a lot from working for my several jobs especially Walgreens. I have learned how to finish objectives in a productive and timely fashion. I also learned from observational learning from my manager and co-workers how to manage others if needed. For example, training new employees and telling them what needs to be done in order for them to flourish as well as the company. The hardest part of the job was managing time, because when the store becomes busy you have to do a great job multitasking. If I was not able to multitask I would not be able to please the customers as well as finish my tasks in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with my co-workers and customers on a friendship and also business level.
Productive & Workable
Refurbish (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2015
I Am Satisfy At Any Work Place Because I Like Communicating With Others And Like Meeting New People. I Also Have No Problems With Any Co.workers At Any Time.
Fun fast paced work enviroment
Pharmacy/Photo tech (Former Employee), san antonio , texasFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: low pay
It was a fun and fast paced job to work for. Plenty of room for for advancement. Co-workers were always great. mostly enjoyed meeting new people and completing new tasks.
the most enjoyable part of the work
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Juan, PRFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: store discount
It was the customer service, they make your hard work easy with every smile. I learned how to please each one 100%, and if what they wanted was over or don't find it, I just give them some similar or same quality as they want it.
Employees are employees, nothing more
Elk Grove/Sacramento, Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), 7299 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA 95758February 24, 2015
Pros: ability to help patients
Cons: employees are employees, nothing more
The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of satisfaction while helping patients with their needs. Management is far away and does not know you.
Typical work day
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Augusta, GaFebruary 24, 2015
In a typical work day I either open or close the store. In both the opening or closing shift I am required to manage the money from the registers and the safe. We have a daily task list that is required to be done on every shift. I am required to make sure that all of the employees are getting their jobs done as well as making sure I get mine done as well. The hardest part of the job sometimes is finding the time to get everything done in the store especially when we are busy but in those situations we have to do the things on the list that are most important first and finish the rest the next day. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team. We all have different qualities that we bring to the table.
Better than CVS
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: under staffed
The job is tedious and require multi-tasking. But it is going through growing pains since it has been reverse bought out by Boots Alliance.

Work involves working with 1-3 people on getting various tasks done. Stocking shelves, scanning items, lifting boxes and unloading trucks. The hardest part is being able to work with customers. Some are quite friendly, but others are difficult, but the key things is being able to pacify them and convince them to take surveys as they affect the store's general likability.

Management is decent, but there can be trouble depending on the managers style. Typically the store manager only works when another manager is there to support them.

As a supervisor, its tough to encourage employees to do tasks and not waste time like being on their phones. You do not have any real authority power, so in essence you are a professional cheer leader but have the responsibility of a manager.

I do find it heartening that there are some hours available so the manager does not have to work with just a cashier and thats it. Additionally, it helps that there is focus and drive into recognizing employees for doing good work.
average workplace
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), hawthorn, caFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: experienced techs
Cons: not enough training
enjoyed working with senior techs but management not to organized. not staffed with needed employees for the volume of business. they depend on students as if they were paid employees.
fun employees
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: learning retail
after school job, basically stocking and customer service, good learning experience, meeting new people, hardest part was learning how to process film
Productive but still very strict
Photo Lab Tech (Current Employee), WIFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: co-workers were nice.
Cons: pay is low for amount of work they have you do.
Typical days at work include your daily tasks plus some other stuff they throw at you, inventory, stocking, covering breaks. Hardest part of the job would be the fact that they aren't very understanding when it comes to being ill. I had gotten sick and presented a medical excuse and was told that a doctors note is invalid. They don't have much respect for family emergencies either.
easy managment to talk too
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good medical benifits
Cons: short breaks
The management was easy to go to with your problems and concerns. The typical day would start out with an list of tasks to do within the time limit. One thing I have learned is to say a few words in Arabic. The management was easy to go to with questions and concerns about the tasks during the shift. My co-workers were easy to get along with. One of the harder tasks was learning how to use the poster printer. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find their products.
ok job
PHOTO SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Plainfield, NJFebruary 23, 2015
OK job, nice place to work and staff are amazing. opportunities are there where you can be promoted regularly. pay is not so great but that's up to you if u want to stick around or not
Productive and fun work place.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Ramseur, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: discount on store items, and working with a great team.
Cons: short breaks, and seeing patients turn down buying the medication because of the price
In the mornings you would have to get everything set up for the day such as the cash registers, your terminal, and new prescriptions received overnight. If there were any problems from the night/day before then you try and solve those with the doctor, insurance company, or patient before customers start to come in. As customers begin to come in and the phone starts ringing things can feel pretty rushed in the pharmacy. When a customer drops off a perscription depending on their decision on pick up time is what you'll be doing next. They can either choose to wait which would usually take us 10 to 15 minutes to fill or they can come get it later that day or another day. Always making sure you ask if they are a new patient because as most know you definitely want your insurance to help you out on your prescription price. If your customer was a new patient then they had to fill out a paper stating a few personal things as well as the pharmacy giving them a sheet on their HIPAA and privacy making sure they understand their right to privacy. Once a prescription is received you scan it in the system so you or another technician can type it out. Following that you then bill the insurance, find the medication, count it out (twice), label the bottle, and then pass it down for the Pharmacist to check. This is an ongoing process throughout the day. On top of those duties you also have trash both regular and private to take out, cleaning, putting away prescriptions accordingly that are ready for pick up, and patient calls about refills and picking up ready perscriptions. Working here I learned – more... so much such as patient care, medication names and what they are used for, typing out prescriptions, learning about narcotic abuse, learned about diabetes, and vaccines, about HIPAA and the rules and regulations, how to call doctor offices and insurance companies and so on. The hardest part of the job was probably knowing what was the most important thing to do first, as I said before it can feel very rushed in a pharmacy at times. I couldn't have asked for better co-workers we all worked together so well as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was going home everyday with the satisfaction feeling of helping so many people. – less
Great for Drug Store
str manager (Former Employee), fresno caFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: okay
Cons: every changing
Over the years lots of changes. They have cut less than the rest. Fair company with decent mgmt. As most jobs it is what you make of it.
retail
Cashier (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: working with people
Cons: sales
typical day was customer service and sales. I didn't enjoy the way the management and corp treated their long term employees.
Professional Business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Leawood, KSFebruary 23, 2015
The management did a great job making sure they dealt with all of their tasks professionally. They did a great job making customers their number one priority.
Great company to work for...at first!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: store discount, co-workers, as they go through the frustrations with you
Cons: out of control customers, hard to advance within company, inflexibility depending on management, unrealisitc expectations with little to no resources, instability altogether
What started as a nice position and job within Walgreens has turned into a nightmare. Change is inevitable, but it should always be for the good. From a guarantee of at least 37-38 hours a week has been cut to 30-32 hours, with hinting of more reductions. Couple that with the company/management not expecting or even caring that you have a life outside of them (short staffed, overworked employees), INFLEXIBILITY, dealing with customers that have free range to curse you out and degrade you, scream bloody murder and false advertisement when you run out of an item, and being complained to at a management or corporate level for defending yourself against any of these scenarios, and you have a disaster and many people willing to walk out on the job.

Depending on your position in the company, you do have access to some decent incentives. However, the company always need and will readily employ someone willing to run the register, making $7.75/hour...even with CONTINUED budget cuts and hour slashing.

Working alongside your co-workers is always enjoyable, as they're going through and experiencing the same things as you are, so you'll definitely form great friendships that will last during and after your employment with the company.

From beginning my stint with Walgreens in 2012, I am extremely disappointed in the company they have turned into today. Where you could once distinguish them from other retail pharmacies, they're just like the others now- out to make quick bucks, despite whose expense it's at. (i.e. pharmacists resigning left and right; workers of YEARS that enjoyed the job thoroughly moving on and quitting within 1-2 months timing speaks volumes.)
Productive and Appreciable work place with a clear vision and growth
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), North CarolinaFebruary 23, 2015
Great company to work with!
Great management and team to work with!
Enjoy interacting customers and feel proud to be an important part serving community.
Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: lots of work for little money
Cons: schedule, discounts, insurance
A typical day at Walgreens consists of Stocking shelves, cleaning, providing customer assistance, checking people over at the register. Bake up cashier for brake time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more