Walgreens
6,910 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Positive and team oriented environment, and customer focused
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Every day, Walgreens employees provide extraordinary customer care by being proactive, providing solutions, and personalizing the customer’s experience. Management creates team work environment by supporting and assisting each department. The pharmacy team works efficiently and effectively to resolve issues and complete tasks in a timely manner. I enjoy helping people every day to live and stay well.
Great Learning Environment for Future Career
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCJanuary 27, 2015
I would clock in at my assigned time and receive my assignments from my manager that was on duty. After receiving my assignments and learning the proper instruction, I would then work on the floor until it was time for me to go work on the front register. I interacted with several customers daily until it was time for me to do my daily cleaning. It wasn't a hard job, but you do have to be dedicated.
I learned that while it was good to get the experience, being a cashier is not really the right career path for me. I also learned the importance on maintaining good responsibility while handling assignments and keeping a good attitude.
My management was very strict, but also very understanding and will to work with you until you completely understand your assignment/job. My co-workers were very friendly and had great work ethics.
The hardest part of my job was managing to keep busy once I finished my assignments because sometimes I finished them early. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers daily because I'm a people person.
4 years of experience
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
- Provided great customer service.
- Greeting, smiling, offering some help or service, and making sure customers are happy.
- Multi-tasking
- Innovating
- Working as a team
- Stocking, Cleaning, and cashiering
- Covering for breaks
- Worked opening and closing shifts
A good place to work for a young employee
Head Photo Specialist (Current Employee), Alma, ARJanuary 27, 2015
I have worked for Walgreens through thick and then. Sometimes it feels like a great place to work and other times it is miserable. It depends on your management team and coworkers. The company itself, seems like a fine company to work for.
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 27, 2015
The job is great. Management is well trained and great to work with. My only issue with the company is the low rate of pay
Enjoyed working as Pharmacy Tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2015
I learned and gained so much useful information that helped me grow and become more confident in the pharmacy setting and enjoyed working with my fellow co workers as well as my customers that I helped all the time. I was very happy with my job. I will be willing to answer questions for any employer in a interview.
productive, exciting
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), tucson,azJanuary 27, 2015
Since it was an internship I was learning a lot but I can honestly say it was the best work experience I have had at any job, I loved working in the pharmacy, the co-workers were great and friendly. The management was great as well all very friendly, the best part was getting to experience it all and furthering my growth into something as fun.
It was a hard work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Groves, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Stocked the counters and checked customers out taking payments and give money back
n
Customer care (Former Employee), philaJanuary 26, 2015
loving patients. great friends. amazing doctors. great learning experience
Fun environment
Beauty Specialist (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: discounts on purchase
Cons: working weekends and holidays
There is always something new to learn. Enjoyable part of the day is reviewing inventory for the different skincare and beauty products for the store. Learning about the latest beauty tips of the year from various skincare companies. The hardest part of the day is having to lift up to 50lb totes and stock shelves. And learning how to interact with impatient customers.
Overall great for what I needed
Certified Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Lately the job has been more about avoiding lawsuits and policing controlled substances than actual patient care. I'd like to get back to why I started out doing this job. Most of the time we are doing the job of 2 or more people, and they are still cutting scheduling hours. So for the last 3 years I have been in a viscous circle of working at 2 or more locations per week just to get the hours that I need. I've been with the company over 8 years, but since I moved to Los Angeles, I still have yet to work in any close proximity to where I live. In spite of all the negativity, I've sincerely enjoyed the experience I've gained at Children's Hospital. There it really feels like I'm helping the patient because I actually have the time to devote to them, and I learn something new every day in regard to patient care.
Photo Technician/Cashier (Former Employee), Avon, INJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
From the experience I had with being with the company for 2 years, overall, I liked working there. At a typical day of work, I would work on assisting as many customers I could and completing photo orders on time. I learned many things about becoming a photo technician.
Good job for new worker
Lead Photo Technician (Former Employee), Sparks, NVJanuary 26, 2015
Good job for someone new to the workforce. Great learning experience in customer service and customer satisfaction.
Productive and Self-Rewarding
Senior Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: friendly and respectful co-workers, flexible scheduling
Cons: short breaks, low pay
From the moment you clock in, you are expected to be on task and available for assistance. There was never a day where I wasn't needed to contribute to the progress of the company. I was provided extra training in beauty sales and productions. My managers were always available and open to new ideas to help renovate our system of service. My customers always made me feel needed and well appreciated for my hard work and dedication. The hardest part of the job was not getting to please everyone, but I helped to innovate new ways to assist every customer, even if they were displeased with the unavailability of products.
Very Fast Work Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TnJanuary 26, 2015
I was able to get into the retail of pharmacy bringing more things to light to me. I processed and filled medications. Collected copays and assisted with customers' need in the store. I worked the drive thru as well as the counter in pharmacy. Answering phones to help callers out was very important.
Productive and Fun place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Maplewood MNJanuary 26, 2015
Very fast paced environment with fun things to do at MSP Airport! There are tons of things to do and staff are very friendly!
Productive Work Area
Técnico de Farmacia (Former Employee), Mayaguez, PRJanuary 26, 2015
My typical days were applying my knowledges on what I studied at college. Serving medical prescriptions, learning for which condition is every prescription made and every medicine that the doctor gives to the patient. Also giving customer service when needed or asked for it. On the end of the day its time to achieve all the prescriptions made on the day in order. Clean, fill and close every station.
Not bad...not great
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 25, 2015
It's a good place for starting your career...not always the best benefits which is surprising. I would recommend this place to start your career but not much after that
I meet people from all over the world working at the downtown Branson Walgreens.
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Branson, MOJanuary 25, 2015
Meeting people from all over the world make my days at work very interesting and enjoyable. I love working at downtown Branson Walgreens because of who I work with and the friendly atmosphere that Walgreens is famous for. Working on the "corner of happy and healthy" is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Good Company to work for
Pharmacy Liaison (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: self motivated
Cons: limited resource restrictions
A typical day at work included but not limited to:

- Consulting with medical staff in regards to pharmacy services.
- Marketing services to patients in hospital setting
- Delivering medications to patients being discharged from hospital
- implementing assistance to patients with no income resources
- ensuring customer satisfaction within work setting

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more