Walgreens
7,185 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Opportunity to grow
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Corozal, PRMarch 3, 2015
As a Walgreen pharmacist you will get the opportunity to apply your knowledge gain during pharmacy school and the satisfaction of helping the ones that needs you most.
Working the late shift
Full time, 2nd Shift (Former Employee), Windsor, WIMarch 3, 2015
I learned how to work on the Assembly as a team member and getting along with others. I worked with very good people. I was respected by my management. Keeping my numbers up and working very late hours. my coworkers and my salary and the
Benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
SQL Server/BI Developer (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILMarch 3, 2015
Bridgewater ranked as the largest and best performing hedge fund manager in the world. It manages approximately $157 billion in global investments for wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. The project's goal was to upgrade the system and enforce business rules via checks and constraints. I have used SQL Server 2008 to write SQL codes including complex stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
Assistant MAnager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great training, ran a store on my own
Cons: short breaks, work on holidays
I had a great manager experience from working at Walgreens and great training. However, everyone took a pay cut and I had worked for Walgreens for six years so this indeed did not benefit me at all.
Productive and Freindly environment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 3, 2015
Pros: disconts in store
Cons: n/a
Really good hours, an also great pay for co-workers. I enjoy the work environment an also like the benefits that were offered to me.
Terrible company
Shift Lead (Former Employee), missouriMarch 3, 2015
Pros: its a paycheck
Cons: you'll be throwing away your life
I really loved the employees I worked with at a store level, but upper management was terrible. The company does not care about their employees at all. They are constantly trying to find ways of paying them less while the CEO increases his raise and bonus each year. They were always cutting hours, which caused us to be understaffed. The store manager never worked holidays and this last year I ended up working 14 days in a row through Christmas Eve and Christmas for 9 hours on each of those days because the store manager refused to give up his holiday. I hardly ever got to see my family and I had no outside life because of this job. I'm very happy to not be working for them anymore.
Really snotty people to work with.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Gillette, WYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: pay, management
Jobs in general always depend on who you work with, but for the Walgreens store in Gillette, Wyoming I was treated very unfairly, talked behind my back, as was my good co-worker. Laughs were stiffled for reasons I am not aware of. The agreed upon 35 hours per week when I first started was complied with, but soon (90 or so days afterwards, when befits would start kicking in.) Soon downgraded to 30, then to 25 then back up to 29 once brought across to management. For my benefits I had to make a MINIMUM of 30 hours PER WEEK, and they cut me off at 29. After months of bringing this up, I finally quit, and will not ever again want to work at a Walgreens/CVS store AGAIN. Besides that though, the job was fairly easy - if you were to work in cashiering as I did, you would do some stocking here and there, but it was mainly keeping your front clean and greeting customers, and always giving every customer a smile - even if you were rushing!
Overnights, slow.
Sales Associate/Photo Tech Specialist (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNMarch 3, 2015
Overnights are slow and pretty boring. Easy work, good if you have homework to do. Nice working 7 on/ 7 off. Not a lot to do on overnights. Sometimes stocking, but usually not.
Walgreens: The good, the bad, & the ugly
Night shift pharmacist (Former Employee), Hickory, NCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: unreasonable expectations only attainable by working off the clock and donating your personal time.
1) A day at work for me was 10PM-8AM. Until 2012, the only 24 hour pharmacy in a 45 mile radius with 8 ERs in a 30 mile radius. As the only accessible health care resource available, the calls came constantly regardless of where the prescription was filled. I averaged staying 45-60 minutes past my shift each day to accomplish expectations and assist the morning shift.
2) Give 100%. When possible, never leave a patient dissatisfied.
3) My general observation: MOST lower level management seem to have (1) modest business acumen and (2) concern for humans. As the corporate ladder is ascended, most sharpen #1 whereas all completely loose #2.
4) In my 10 years and 10 months I never had a co-worker that I didn't get along with quite well....well there were a few that required a little more effort than the rest. Unfortunately that walk in the park came to an abrupt end about 7-8 months ago when a bona fide harridan was foist into our store. For me, that was the beginning of the end.
5) Walking a tightrope between (1) rigid corporate policies and demands that customers must be satisfied vs (2) attempts to act in the customers best interest and rigid corporate policies.
6) Providing patients with the service, information, consultation, encouragement, etc., they expected from their pharmacist.
Interesting transformation
Store Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: stores are open
Cons: managers treat their employees horrible.
There is hope. These employees need a voice. I hope these changes will look out for the front line employee.

Employees coming in late or on time needing to speak with their employees to find out how they could help them with any issues.
Managers wanting things done quickly. Not providing coaching, development, or support.
productive place
Security Guard (Current Employee), san pabllo caMarch 2, 2015
Pros: med and dental benefits
Cons: lots of robberies
hi string store
had to stay alert for shoplifters and robberies
good job to grow but not a career
great understanding business concepts
challenging aspect were alot of robberies
Chaotic and unorganized work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Mound, MNMarch 2, 2015
Pros: job tasks are enjoyable to do
Cons: management/ support
Typical day involves dealing with customers, doctors, nurses, filling and typing prescriptions, order management and other tasks.
Busy work environment
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Oregon, OhMarch 2, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: short staffed and scheduling
It was a very busy work environment but I enjoy working with all my co-workers and I have gotten to know a lot of our patients.
Service Clerk (Current Employee), 33442March 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Entering sales on the cash register and customer service
Merchandising, store inventory and product ordering
Maintaining store signage and displays
!!!!!!
Photo Specialist (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSMarch 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: crazy work schedule
Easy job once you learn what needs to be done. Alot of hard work when it comes down to stocking due to heavy packages. Co-workers are delightful to work and get along with. Do not plan to have much of a life outside of work, because you will get scheduled crazy hours. Management does have their picks and chooses when it comes to employees. Hardest part of job is truck day, boxes can sometimes be very heavy. Enjoyable part of job is being able to satisfy another customer.
Amazing team of people
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 1, 2015
This is probably the hardest job I've ever had but the staff and co-workers were the best group of people I have ever worked with in every level of management.
all the way bad place terrible experience
certified pharmacy technician (Current Employee), Alexandria, LAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: meet and greet with awesome customers
Cons: pay sucks
Loved it now it's to the point I dislike how everything is going manager doesn't address situations pharmacy looks good but underneath all of it it's a bunch of mess.
balance cash drawer
Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Responsible for taking money in the form of cash, check, or credit card from patrons in exchange for food or services. Scans items, provides change, balances drawer, and processes card transactions.
Awsome teamwork
Pharmacy Technician (Externship) (Former Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 28, 2015
I really learned a lot at my externship site. Would love to make a career here. Hope to work as a pharmacy tech in the near future.
Great as someones first job
Photo Technician (Former Employee), Branford, CTFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: easy work, awesome way to make friends and experience the responsibilities of running a business
Cons: some bosses tend to be hard to work with, occasional drama, the pay sucks
I worked with this company for almost 2 years and everything was fabulous when chris conelly was the store manager. He was a very understanding boss was caring towards his employees and customers. Plus when your boss actually notices your hard work and often compliments your good efforts, you tend to enjoy your workplace. However I also had 2 other store managers in both branford and east haven Conntecticut. They were terrible. This man does not deserve his place as store manager between the constant rudeness to the ignorant ways he tried running the store. The job itself is great! I've made so many friends associating with other employees. This made walgreens a fun and friendly environment. My favorite part of working there was being promoted to a photo technician. It's very simple work and you learn alot photo technology. My favorite part was being able to see and edit customers photos. Also when you work for such a company you have the responsibility to "face" during your shift. If you like to organize than you'll enjoy facing the products in the isle.Filling the cooler is also nice because you get a chance to relax by yourself and do things your way without all eyes on you. Being a cashier sucks. Mostly because you have to stay in one place and do the most interaction throughout the store. The Cosmetic and Photo departments are the way to go!

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more

Walgreens Salaries