Walgreens

9.7K reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 9,725 reviews matching the search
Educational environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2016
I helped pharmacists fill prescriptions. It was rewarding to learn about the medications and help out patients.There was flexibility in scheduling.
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Busy
great starter job
Senior Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, CAFebruary 5, 2016
When i first started working for walgreens it seemed like a great company to work for but through my nine plus years with the company i have noticed the company is paying more attention to the upper levels of the company.
Pros
good discount, good benefits
Cons
appreciation of good employees
Was a great place.
Stockperson (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Walgreens was an okay job at first. The manager who hired me was the best. The manager would work well with my school schedule and not disrespect my availability. My current manager is not respecting my availability and when I got a second job the manager did not want to honor the fact that my second job is a night job. He demanded a night when I don't have any nights open!

The shift leads I have worked with have all been great!! They are all very, very helpful and a joy to work with. I have learned so much about everything at the store. I'm a very curious person and ask a lot of questions and not once has any manager become upset or told me they could not answer the questions. The shift leads have helped me develop into a leader as a worker and as a person.
Pros
Co-workers are great. 25% off is pretty good too.
Cons
Ridiculous expectations for suggestive sell.
It really not bad place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 5, 2016
I gain a lot different kinds of experiences from walgreens and I will be forever grateful for that. But I didn't enjoy working there. Then management could have did a better job training and assigning responsibilities. But after you get the hang of it, it is a bad place to work.
The workplace is nice to work at
Cashier/Photo Tech (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLFebruary 5, 2016
It's a nice, fast paced work day, I make everyone smile or leave laughing. Coworkers and management make the workplace fun and relaxed. The only downside to Walgreens, is the fact that they pay minimum wage, which isn't bad, but I would think that all the hard work and time put in would pay off. The hardest part about Walgreens is trying to get a task done throughout the day, only because of the fact that when you work as a cashier, you have to run back and forth to attend to customers, which I don't mind, but something simple turns into an hour long project. I enjoy making people smile and letting them leave happy and with laughter, gives me joy.
Pros
customers, fun workplace
Cons
payrate
It's All About the Team
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIFebruary 4, 2016
If you have a good Pharmacy team to work with, it's smooth sailing. If not, it's a living nightmare. However the position did provide me with the best customer service training. The compensation was horrible though. Techs were paid very differently due to years with the company, even if they were horrible at their jobs.
Pros
The work is fun and fast paced
Cons
Everything depends on your team
Fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work for me was stressful but fun. Any job you love doing is always going to be fun. Any job you work at is always going to have some kind of stress that comes with it. Filling people's prescriptions, helping them locate a pharmacist preferred over the counter medication was my daily task. Working at a drug store is typically just all about assisting customers/patients with their health care needs.
I learned a lot from working at walgreens. From working on the floor to being promoted to Pharmacy Technician. Health care is a real important factor in life.
My co-workers were pretty cool. They were very helpful and always showed up to work making everyone else's job easier.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the angry patients who weren't able to get their controlled substance refilled without a new prescription. Dealing with patients with an addiction is a very sad and difficult thing to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the impact you made on these patient's lives. Being able to help them get their prescriptions at a low cost or help them get through to their doctors so they can continue their daily prescriptions.
Good place to work.
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, NEFebruary 4, 2016
Retail, customer service. Staling of shelves. Management ok. Learned a lot about developing of photo's and working with the chemicals.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 4, 2016
The management is very nice and accommodating to your needs. Everyone works really well together as a team and there is great training.
Pros
pretty much everything
Cons
under staffed, under payed
Fun Work Place
Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 4, 2016
fun
learned somethings in the pharmacy
nice
friendly
canvas
helping customers
Walgreens is a very caring company, even though it has some down days, my overall experience has been great.
Awesome
, Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Management was under standing. employees were very nice and considerate and would help any time you would ask. the customers were always amazing.
benefits
Good place to work.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KS 66762February 4, 2016
Walgreens is only as good as its management. I feel as if you have to really work hard as you would at any job, to advance in this place of employment. If you want to move up in the company, you have to show initiative that you are willing to do so. The most enjoyable part of this job would be the co-workers and some of the friendly customers.
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAFebruary 4, 2016
Doing scan outs, pulling bays, putting products on shelves.
Interacting with customers and coworkers.
Making sure the customer is satisfied.
Learned how to work the telxon, read planograms.
How to make suggestive sales, set up displays.
Hardest part of job is dealing with difficult customers.
Most enjoyable part of job is making friends with coworkers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Scheduling
n/a
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2016
This job was a overnight position so I wasn't dealing with any customers, just my team members. My coworkers and manager were decent, they help if I asked for it.
Pros
Working in the city
Cons
Got laid off
Great place
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAFebruary 4, 2016
wonderful work environment. amazing management, even into the district level. wonderful team members. great area. relaxed workplace and great for learning.
workspace
Beauty Advisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 3, 2016
it was a great job while i was a student in high school. they were very good with the hours, and it was in my hometown so it was very nice getting to know everyone and working with people i know.
Pros
family friendly
Cons
A great place to move up in.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WIFebruary 3, 2016
A great place to move up in. Retail, pharmacy, beauty, photo opportunities. Flexible to part time employees who are in school, have kids, or have a second job.
Okay to get your foot in the door
Shift lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2016
If you need an entry level job to get some experience walgreens is okay for that. If you plan on making a career out of it, it has been my experience that its more about who you know than what you know.

Advancement is there if you really want to, but don't expect to be paid on par with other companies for the same amount of work.
Walgreens
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 3, 2016
Very fast paced and wonderful coworkers. It was a good job for retail and I would go back for a management position if the opportunity was perfect.
it was okay
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 3, 2016
pay was horrible and didnt give enough hours. The managers were okay, very understanding. I learned alot about the pharmacy.