Walgreens
8,458 reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Basic cashier job
Photo Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 1, 2015
Predictable schedule and work days are typically the same. Not a hard job to learn the routine of responsibilities/duties.
Job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 31, 2015
I enjoyed working out in photo and the store more than in the pharmacy. I got stuck more at the drive thru and could never really hear the customer.
Cashier (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: working crazy hours
Have some of the greatest people I could ever meet here. It was some crazy hours doubles where bad. The people that come and go are wonderful.
Picture perfect!
Customer service (Former Employee), Hastings, MNJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Always busy
I worked in the photo lab, and for a while at one location I was the head photo specialist. Processing film, working with people, chemicals, and other retail related tasks always kept me busy.
Fast growing excellent Customer Service hot spot!
Cashier (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Friendliness, Overall Happy Customers, Really nice area to work
Cons: Breaks are a little short when on foot for lunch.
I love working there becasue the employees are so friendly and everyone is very nice to one another and there is always to be work to be done. Great place to work in the center of Hilltop area,
Walgreens was an enjoyable place to work.
Lead in Cashier Sales (Former Employee), Hebron, INJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Working with customers and interacting with them
Cons: Part-time
Working with the customers on daily basis and helping meet their needs.
I learned to expand my horizons.
Opening and or closing of the cash register, cashing out customers with their purchases. Assisting them when they needed help with products.
Stocking and facing products on shelves.
Teamwork with my fellow co-workers
Working closely with my manager
Training and passing the Walgreens video classes
Opening the store when I was on early shift
Greeting customers in a open and friendly manner to make them feel welcome and comfortable
Friendly, fun employees
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Sebastian, FLJuly 31, 2015
Pros: staff and public
Cons: hourly wage
Walgreens is a nice place to work if you like working with the general public. The employees are fun and interesting. Pay is not so good but most of the time management is willing to work with you on scheduling which for most of us is a huge plus!.
sales product demo
skin care advisor (Former Employee), new yorkJuly 31, 2015
Esthetics| Skin Care
● Licensed Esthetician
● Educated on all skin types and conditions
● Ability to suggest products depending on skin type and condition
● Trained to perform basic and extensive skin analysis; to evaluate skin conditions and recommend treatment accordingly.
● Able to administer full length facials, and skin care treatments for the entire body.
● Knowledge of basic skin care regimen; cleanser, toner, Moisturizer
● Knowledge of the benefits of SUN Protection; able to explain the importance products containing SPF
● Educated on skin conditions that cause inflammation; rosacea, acne, sunburn
● Educated on the basic care for acne
● General knowledge of essential oils, savy in commonly used skin corrective skin treatment Ingredients i.e. Aloe, Salicylic acid , benzyl peroxide, HA, Retinol
● Understanding the stages of aging and how it can be prevented
● Able to administer mini facials for events and training purposes.
● Able to host events and set up display tables; experienced trainer
Proven leader. Experienced. Practical.
Project Manager, Bidding & Contracting (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILJuly 30, 2015
Pros: good work/family balance
Cons: time to move on
Interested in making a change. New global Walgreens-Boots Alliance company is undergoing many changes which serve to threaten future job stability.
Very good Retail Company
Shiftlead (Current Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and the staff feels like Family
Cons: Pay scale has went down
There is always many tasks at hand from the moment you get there to the time you punch out. I feel like I have learned a number of great things. How to have great time Management, handling money, broaden my knowledge on our products and I get to Feel rewarded after helping our Customers, Walgreens is always changing to stay on top of their game in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
Great place to work!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Deridder, LAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Very friendly co workers and leadership.
Cons: Low pay. But good benefits.
I enjoyed working for Walgreen's very much. I learned a lot and loved my customers. They also loved to shop in our store and seek me out to assist them. As for the manager, an excellent one, very helpful and understanding. My co workers were, for the most part, the same.
I checked out customers, stocked,kept up with my bays in the stockroom, assisted other departments, like photo or cosmetics, as needed.
The best part of the position was all the money I helped raise for Red Nose Day charities, Breast Cancer, LLS, and MDS. We as a team raised thousands of dollars.
The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with employees who do not share your work ethic.
terrible place to work
Service Clerk/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: very low pay regardless of experience, favors hispanics over everybody else
loads of favoritism, fraternizing and conflicts of interest, very low pay, back breaking work, pushy managers to hit sales goals, no growth opportunity, only promotes favorites,outside favors to management plays a part in who is promoted. lots of gossip,perversion,crooked and underhanded things going on at this company, if i could give zero stars i would
Poor upper management who treat their employees badly
pharmacist (Current Employee), idahoJuly 29, 2015
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: no breaks, lunches, and terrible upper management
You won't have enough help at the cash registers or to answer the phone. Management isn't supportive of pharmacists having time for counseling or MTM. They do encourage immunizations, they just don't provide enough help for you to have time to do it.

Your supervisor will never have a nice word about anything and will struggle with your name if you aren't wearing a name tag.
walgreens shift
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Kearney, NEJuly 29, 2015
i would start my night by making sure my employees where there. then stocking shelves filling in all empty locations, then i would set up new plano grams for new locations, then i would get ready for truck by getting stock room organized. then spend rest of the time getting store cleaned up
it was productive
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTJuly 29, 2015
Pros: breaks was good
It was good working with others who took their job serious like i did. I was the main cashier clerk. I also answered the customer services calls and transfer to different departments. I always kept a positive attitude and maintained a smile even though certain people came with negative attitudes. i learned to just smile and give show gratitude.
Productivity
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 29, 2015
The staff is great and the encourage diversity in the workplace Walgreens is a company encourages feedback from their it employees.
Flexible
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER/STOCKER (Former Employee), Durham,ncJuly 29, 2015
Could use better pay considering all the work you have to do. Great environment people are very friendly. Will work around school schedule but very poor training
Great for a large company
SALES (Former Employee), Loveland, COJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Caring for their employees
Cons: Short Breaks
I enjoyed Walgreens. Flexible hours and fun environment. Getting to work with customers everyday was always a plus.
Learning new skills and being able to deal with cash and getting experience.
A company you can advance with but it takes time.
Store floor lead (sfl) (Former Employee), La Plata, MDJuly 28, 2015
Large workloads and small staff but a nice environment and friendly coworkers. There is room and opportunities to advance but it takes more time than it should.
Fun place to work...Not worth the money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Hard to get benefits
With the right people this place can be very fun. Other then that it is very difficult to move up in the company. They have very strict standards and have changed a lot from when i first started for them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more

Walgreens Salaries