Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 18,452 reviews matching the search
Awesome place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMSeptember 26, 2017
Every day interaction with customers and the management is friendly, everyday is different and there's always something new to do. I would definitely recommend Walgreens.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
physically demanding
Photo Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILSeptember 25, 2017
you're on your feet all day and if you have bad feet or anything its killer on your body. The people you work with can be nice but depends on where you are some people are just rude. the customers are mostly nice but when you get a rude customer it ruins your whole day. The management is fine they're doing their job the way they are supposed to but it can be really tough to make sure demands are met with scheduling.
Pros
15% discount on everything, 25% discount on walgreens brand items, health care options, profit sharing options
Cons
must be with the company for 6 months before you're eligible for health care or stock, they throw you on the floor with minimal training
Boring, and inconsistant
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 25, 2017
They were very unprofessional at the walgreens I worked at, the managers always showed favoritism to some of the other managers that worked there plus the pharmacy staff. ALWAYS UNDERSTAFFED. Never gave enough hours to the people who actually wanted and need them
Benefits
Cons
short breaks, not equally treated
Competitive and rewarding
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2017
Nice place to start off as a pharmacist. Very fast paced. Always on the go. Management is awesome. Lack of job security feels like lately with the low reimbursement.
Good company
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Great entry level job if you want to grow with the company. There is room for growth as a Store Manager or even in the pharmacy. I enjoyed being about my coworkers.
Nice management and laid back
Photo Specialist, Beauty Adviser, Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 25, 2017
I loved working at Walgreens, the managers treated me well without using negative coaching and I responded to that really well. I however only had one drawback and that was anybody hired after me at the time were making more money. So I left for a higher pay, which I regret as the environment has always been like a family and less cutthroat than most places.
Pros
Great work Environment
Cons
Pay
Good, place to work if you like working with people
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNSeptember 25, 2017
Typical day at Walgreens would be filling prescriptions answering phone calls, greeting customers, selling prescriptions, talking with healthcare personnel
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
No breaks in pharmacy, retail hours, short lunch
Worked in the Pharmacy
Sr. Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 25, 2017
Was a Pharmacy Technician while working at Walgreens. Never had a problem working there until I was a Sr. Pharmacy Technician. I was not able to advance myself any more unless I was a Pharmacist or left the pharmacy. I needed something closer to home.
Fast paced, yet simple.
Cashier (St. Charles) (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOSeptember 25, 2017
It is a very fast paced job, but that makes time go by faster. You talk to over 100 customers daily and verbal communication skills are necessary. The management there are really caring.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2017
The management at Walgreens could depend on which store you go to. This Walgreens had horrible management. There was non stop smoking breaks and gave coworkers more leeway than others even though they do more work than the other
It's ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 25, 2017
It is a nice enough environment. Hours are inconsistent. You are on your feet all the time. Chairs are forbidden in most areas. Customers are often rude and you are under pressure to commit customer fraud and theft. Robberies do occur.
Pros
Co workers are mostly nice
Cons
Strenuous work.
Typical Day
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 25, 2017
My typical day at Walgreens is me coming in to count and verify the safe, cash handling, and customer service. I order and receive vendor and warehouse shipment. I learn so many different things from my customers and their daily stories. My customers make my day. The hardest part of my job is doing all that I can and know that advancement is not available when asked.
Pros
Health Insurance
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CASeptember 25, 2017
Good place to work if your are starting out as a first job. college students have a great opportunity to advance. I think that if you are supporting a full family it may be hard , because of the hour limitation
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
not enough hours to suport a family
Relaxed working environment and understanding management team
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2017
I liked the how quickly they moved me into a department on my own after working well at the front register. I appreciated how understanding my managers were when family issues arose and always checked up on my work during a shift.
Pros
discounts and great environment
Cons
Good work for what it is, but not for everyone.
Split Case Picker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILSeptember 25, 2017
It was a good job for what it was, there wasn't much to really complain about most of the time.
The 10 hour job only gave you 2 breaks instead of the usual 3, making for longer work time before you can relax for a minute.
Most of the work there was very fast-paced, so slow-paced workers didn't even get a month before losing their work, even if they were hard workers with good attendance habits.
Lack of work was often so workers could often leave a little earlier, up to 2 hours.
People were nice, though some wouldn't cooperate well.
Break rooms were neatly kept and clean.
Pros
Climate controlled, not much work for most days, and simple to understand work.
Cons
Too few breaks, extended work time before workers could get breaks, too fast-paced, and little worker cooperation.
Buena relación laboral y los manager muy atentos y preocupados con los empleados.
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Aumentar el salario ,darles las horas completas a los empleados ,y más seguridad en las tiendas ya que hay turnos de madrugada que no son seguros y de día también ocurren muchos delitos de robo
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
No tiene buenos salarios
Very corporate setting
Privacy Manager, Special Investigations (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Walgreens does allow opportunities to transfer between departments. It does seem very compartmental depending upon the department or division you worked for.
being micro-managed
service and sims associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 25, 2017
we a constantly watched we ar in prison .
the manager does not come out to help unless called .there is no team work anymore this was a company where team work was first .
fun place
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  New HampshireSeptember 25, 2017
just started, great place to work. lots of room to advance it just is a lengthy process. management is great, very personable.
customers are so nice
Great company if you get into a good crew
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, MISeptember 25, 2017
thats about it, not a lot to say. some say mr cottonfot jim slithersinto the egg basket at night to wet his whistle on a dirty rock. others say its just a plastic bag stuck on a stick.
Pros
some stuff
Cons
some other stuff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.