Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 13,371 reviews matching the search
Every Day is Different
Certified Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCDecember 2, 2016
Great job for creative, problem solving leaders who like to wear many hats. I learned many things, becoming a Pharmacy Tech as part of management training.
I learned how to manage many different personalities, not to take anything too seriously, and that there should be life outside of work.
Management was varied depending on whomever was by supervisor. Some were jerks, some were highly motivated and a pleasure to work with/for, and one I could not figure out how to collaborate with at all. I took from each manager positives and negatives that informed how I approached my leadership style. I did have a visit from the company CEO and executive officers, and to my surprise was let down by their demeanor and attitude.
My co-workers were mostly hard working, nice people. In the geographical area I worked in, qualified applicants were hard to find and there was a lot of turnover, so hiring and personnel skills are a must.
The hardest part of the job were always having to operate from behind, as several stores I worked in were unorganized messes when I got there and the pace never lets up, so it is nearly impossible to catch up. The technology (store computers, inventory systems, pharmacy computers, etc.) were all way out of date which led to customer service problems and lost work hours due to repairs, outages, slow response times, etc.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making a customer or team member's day with service. I also love merchandising and setting new planograms, so that made it enjoyable. Over the years, the company took away any merchandising freedom/creativity
  more... that an individual could do in place of a centrally rigid plan.  less
Pros
Salary, people
Cons
Technology, work-life balance
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2016
Walgreens was an okay job. My location was very unorganized and we had several store managers. I loved working in the pharmacy. I loved all the Pharmacists and techs. I learned a lot from those professionals.
sucks.
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, OH 44460December 2, 2016
understaffed. lies. underpaid. unfair. s**t hours. not family oriented. the ONLY the enjoyable part of the job were the customers I got to know and serve, the hardest part was leaving them in that half a**ed s**t hole with no one to give a f**k about them.
Unstable schedule and bad benefit
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 1, 2016
I had crazy schedule, one day morning shift and next day middle shift, and the next day is closing. It is mess up my social life and my health balance
Productive and well demanding
Farmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 1, 2016
Greet experience working with people. And give the great service so they can come back.I'm a very cautious person when it comes to medicine. And I'm very energetic to work.
Busy workplace, must work in walk-in shots with filling prescriptions and take care of the drive-thru.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLDecember 1, 2016
Very busy , must answer phones, fill prescriptions, give flu shots and maintain inventory. High volume with low amount of staff to help out.
Pros
Good work team
Cons
Very busy
Productive and fun
Direct Hitter (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 1, 2016
A typical day in the Walgreen's work place is fun and easy. Most of the managers are nice and understanding, they will sit down and talk to you about any concern you might have. You learn a lot but most of it is computerized you have to learn how to train yourself. The co-workers are like family I believe they make work a lot more enjoyable and comfortable. The hardest part of the job is time management. Learning how to get all your tasks done and be able to help customers at the same time is quiet hard but once you get the hang of it, it comes very easy.
Walgreens
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 1, 2016
Walgreens is a exciting place to work. I've worked at Walgreens for about 2 years, and I like that I work early mornings. Walgreens has many benefits such as profit sharing, and stocking.
Pros
Good hours, good scheduling
Cons
Short breaks
They treat their customers like family
Camera CLERK/COSMETICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2016
I am thankful to have worked with Walgreens....They treat their employees with respect, great pay...I worked in different departments. I enjoyed learning some thing new everyday..working with great managers and supervisors side by side.
Fun and friendly experience
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 1, 2016
My time with Walgreens was great. I was an intern for this company and I don't have no complaints. The employees are helpful when I started and the hours wasn't bad.
Pros
Discounts on items
Cons
Lunchtime is short
It's retail
Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 1, 2016
It's a retail job. It's no different than any other retail job. Some locations you'll have a terrible boss. Some locations you'll have regularly terrible customers. As a company, much like most retail companies, Walgreens cares about you only in that you are a number. A number that comes to work on time and doesn't steal. Beyond that, not a care in the world is given.
Amazing company
Stock/Organizer (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CADecember 1, 2016
Great workplace to be at friendly people and employees around. Very clean and organized store on top of their responsibilities.
Pros
Amazing breaks
Cons
short lunches.
Great company
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  DeBary, FLNovember 30, 2016
They really work with you and your everyday life. The company really strives to improve each and every year and care about your feedback as an employee.
Horrible
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 30, 2016
There wasn't much room for growth, in this company. I enjoy working but it changed my view on working in retail, would not recommend.
Overall it is a nice place to work.
Beauty Advisor/ Sales associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 30, 2016
Very friendly environment. It is also very rewarding. You have to be quick on your feet and upbeat and friendly. We work together to help each other. Standing for long hours is part of the job so anyone who can stand long may need to do something else.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Short breaks, work on holidays even on Chrismas day
Simple yet challenging environment
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WANovember 30, 2016
This was my first job working in retail management and I will not forget about it. It was important working well with employees and customers. Being able to work by yourself and time management was crucial for success. Everyone depended to me for communication of what was happening and what was needed.
Pros
Discount on Walgreens products
Cons
certain employees brough personal issues in workplace
great place to work
temp job (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 30, 2016
very friendly people, if you do not understand something the people will take the time to explain to you. everything is very easy to understand. i do not have a bad thing to say. would highly recommend to anyone.
Pros
best job, friendly people
Cons
nothing
If wanted, the chance of moving up is always there.
Assistant Manager/Photo Lab Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2016
I started out as Photo Lab Mgr. And when the position came, I took the position as Grave Yard Assistant Manager. Benefits are very good. The company has a very good history.
Pros
Great Benifits.Working time was good.If wanted over time.Could go to another store that shift
Cons
Some of the store managers were unfair to women management.
very busy environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician, Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2016
• Coordinated drug shipments and receiving, and storage of controlled substances.
• Compounded and dispensed prescribed medications, drugs and other pharmaceuticals.
• Maintained established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
• Assisted pharmacist by receiving calls from physicians’ offices to transfer prescriptions.
Nothing Better than help people
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working here and I learned a lot, customers are a little bit difficult but if you like to help people it is a very nice place to work. Management was a little disorganized because it was a new store but it was nice to work in there.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Schedules