Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 17,220 reviews matching the search
Nice Customers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 24, 2017
Good place to work for a first job or so. Not a place to stay for years because you get no promotion or a raise. The customers are nice, and the management is ok.
Cons
Short breaks.
overall not a bad company
SIMS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2017
I liked working at Walgreens. It is busy most days so employees have to be able to stand for long periods of times. They are open 365 days a year so be prepared to work some holidays.
it's a great place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 24, 2017
I really enjoy my job and my co workers, it's a great place to work. There are times where it's stressful, but it gets better and the people you work with will help you through it all. It isn't boring or hard.
productive
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJuly 24, 2017
great people it was a blast to work, great com0pany, needed more pay though , you needed some work shoes , I learned how to work with others and do unloading
The work out weighs the pay
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 24, 2017
The work is very hard in my opinion..not for the pay. Retail pharmacy is way harder than the hospital. If they pay a little more and hire more staff it would be much better.
Great place w/ some cool people
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 24, 2017
It's a great place to work, just their point system and accommodations to people that makes a far commute, is really not fair. Then you do all this work and they treat you like its military bases.
Pros
They have fun things to do throughtout the week
Cons
The point system and the military style they are running like people are kids
working at Walgreens
Service Clerk/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 24, 2017
A Day a Walgreens is is full of surprises. One day you deal with alot of customers and other days you may not. Comusters will come in sometimes in the best mood and other times is the worst. You as an employee have to mantain your composure and try to make the customer happy as much possible as you can. CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT, no matter what a satisfied customer is happy customer.
Productive, fun, active, organized
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 23, 2017
Awesome.job to work for I loved it very fast paced which I enjoyed, also great learning experience in many aspects of work, I enjoy yes working with many different people
Not a very positive place to work
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 23, 2017
The management wasn't very nice. They were really rude, and so were a lot of the employees. There were a lot of things to learn, and they weren't very patient if you didn't understand.
Photo Specialist is a fun job
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 23, 2017
The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I was deemed unreliable after ending up in the hospital for double pneumonia during the summer from working in the cooler and freezer for so many hours. It is required that you work any hours they need, and there is no regular or posted schedule. Otherwise I really enjoyed the job. I would work it again if I ever just need additional income.
Pros
Employee discount, will work with school schedule
Cons
no pre-set schedule, often did not known until day before when i would be working.
Not a fun place to work they where ore interested in getting people in the seats
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 23, 2017
The trainer at the facility was not a god trainer.out on the floor if you did not get something they would let you g o instead of putting you back in training. No one on the floor had time to help the ew people
Pros
Close to where I lived
Cons
to many people and not enough help on the floor
Great place to work.
Technical Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2017
Great Management that really cares about it's employees. One of the reasons that many people stay there for their entire career. Excellent training opportunities as well.
Used to be great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New HampshireJuly 23, 2017
Since merger with Boots company has had a lot of turnover... work/ life balance is talked about but never realized. Lots of turnover since merger with Boots and company is directions.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work/life balance...senior management
They dont value people
SFL (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 23, 2017
As an SFL the work to life balance was 0. The crazy hours, never a set schedule, refusal to acknowledge hard work, lack of teamwork, poor managers. The pharmacy people are needy babies always calling for help seems they can't do anything for themself. SFl 's are expected to do majority of work yet little pay and no appreciation. Your paid based on position not based on work style. So if you don't work at all or you bust your butt you all get same pay. Getting promoted is hopeless, they would rather bring in an intern with no retail or life experience and hand them the ASMT position and the higher pay rather than promote. What a joke and a slap in the face. Most days no lunch break. They shove simpler not harder down your throat and frontier yet no one believes in frontier it died months ago. Their motto is employees are replaceable so why invest in them. The rite aide deal was a failure and the expense is being paid off by cut budget hours, cut benefits, cut moral.
Pros
Cons
No lunch break, no appreciation, no work life balance
Family atmosphere constant work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJuly 23, 2017
There is always something to do. Hard workers will have many chances at advancements. You must prioritize your work to be done. Fun and friendly teams.
Pros
Teamwork and promotions
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks
Great place to begin your pharmacy career
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2017
This is a great company, as it will expose you to many facets of how to run a business. The workplace culture is for the most part positive, although stress can come with the job at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help patients manage their medications and stay healthy. The hardest part of my job would be managing the budget. We can get extremely busy sometimes and not have the budget/man-power to keep up, this leads to customer complaints.
Pros
Form strong bonds with co-workers, Upper Management cares for your well-being
Cons
Not given enough resources to run a busy pharmacy, electronics often break down, ; takes a while for things to get fixed once broken (if at all)
i liked it
Head cashier (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 23, 2017
I like to work at Walgreen company i used to be a head cashier ,handle cash,fix counters,put sales and clearance prices help manager to update the store
Pros
flexible
Cons
na
Customer service
Pharmacy Technician trainee (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 23, 2017
For Pharm Techs a typical day is challenging when it comes to patients and their insurance. Lots of bureaucratic kinks to work out.

Learned the basics of pharmacy technician.
Pros
On the job training, flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful work environment, mediocre pay
front end
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 23, 2017
my typical day was cleaning up the front register, making sure my work area was clean for my customers and myself. made sure everything was stacked so no customer would have to wait for me to find different things. i use to put promotional items on the counter to help with sales.
Outstanding job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, ILJuly 23, 2017
My experience at Walgreens is overall great . The customer are pretty much great , management works with you ,and their are plenty of benefits within the company itself .
Pros
Hours, benefits, location
Cons
Pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.