Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 17,706 reviews matching the search
Not great job to work
Service Clerk/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2017
At my store it was very in organized... Schedules never stayed the same, the store manager was very unprofessional and inconsistent. One of the not so pleasant jobs.
Good experience
PTCB Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hernando, MSAugust 16, 2017
So was very fast tempo. Multitasking was a must. Great staff members. Never a dull moment. Learned so much and how to handle customer care in many situations.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
pay, benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
Designated Hitter (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 16, 2017
was great till new management came in, started cutting everyones hours lost all great employees, and only promote if you know someone on inside, they have you go through so many loops to get promoted and when you do jump through those hoops you are greeted with a big fat wall for them to give the job to someone less qualified just because they know someone high up
fun and exciting work place
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bergenfield, NJAugust 16, 2017
I loved working for walgreens. i learned so much and became a great aspect to my job knowing even more ten what i was hired for. i moved up from working photo to knowing the entire store even pharmacy.
Pros
good pay and learning abailities
Cons
some what short on staff
Walgreens
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work!!!! They focus on helping customers and making sure that all of their needs are met when they walk into the store. The ability to be in constant contact with various people makes my job worthwhile.
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work but too much work load. Nice team enjoyed working at walgreens in different environments. Management was very cop-operative, learned a lot how to manage Offshore team.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2017
You can learn a lot from working in retail. I've been working for Walgreens for 2 years and I already know how the company works. My favorite part about working is having a relationship with my co workers. They are very awesome and I don't think I would be working for the company this long if it weren't for my co workers. Working for the company is okay. If you work front end it's a lot to handle but working in pharmacy I find it better. The benefits are good there but I heard for medical insurance they pay a low percentage but you're still paying more out of your pocket. Being a pharmacy technician helps me learn more about medicines since my major is in Nursing so that helps me when I go to school. Working in front end can be a hassle because when you first start your shift you already got a task list of what you need to get done. Then you have to deal with customers in your department. Also, when it's truck day you gotta restock all the items on the shelf.
Pros
Gain experience in retail, get higher in position
Cons
Low pay
Awesome
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2017
I worked here for my internship and they were willing to work with me to get my hours done. I learned alot they were always willing to answer all quetions.
Walgreens is a positive work place and the team you work with is an amazing set of people!
Designated Hitter / customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 16, 2017
The most hardest part of the job is all the stress it brings and dealing with rude customers. In that type of work place, being able to control yourself & having a positive attitude will always get you through the day.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
Overworked, short breaks
Productive and wonderful experience
Customer Service & Sales (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 16, 2017
Working for this company made me a more experience worker. I'm glad to say that this company is just the perfect place to work for. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
discounts
Cons
healthcare
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 16, 2017
Worked on register, welcome customers as they came in. help stock and thanked them as they left.
I learned the importance of always smiling and looking at the customer eye to eye.
Great managers and very helpful.
The employees felt like family
Pros
Great place to work and very flexible in work hours
Cons
A place that will drain you and give you no work life balance.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 16, 2017
On an average day, you are asked to do the job that most work look for in three people. It is beyond demanding, the upper management degrades you and makes you feel like a moron, there is little room for advancement, and daily there is a constant fear of "am I getting fired today" even after a successful day. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, low pay, benefits slowly going away.
Productive and learning environment
Customer Service Associate and Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 16, 2017
You have to be very interactive, polite, understanding, and patient with your customers. It will help you grow as a person also. Teamwork will help take you a long way in a busy workplace such as Walgreens. There are many task that will help you in your personal life as well.
Complicating Managers and Difficult to Advance
Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOAugust 16, 2017
Managers dont solve peer to peer issues in the team unit. Communication is practically nonexistent. Good luck having your needs or thoughts received by your superiors. Pay is decent and hours are there but the hours arent worth the money when the construct of the store is laid out minimally.
Pros
Breaks, Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Management, Advancement, Hr
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAAugust 16, 2017
The management at this particular store, was not successful. They were hard to work for, and none of my co-workers felt comfortable going to them about anything.
n/a
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2017
Move up quickly. you learn new experience. Friendly staff and helpful. Management is well managed. it gets busy and its a challenging environment. hours are great.
It was a great experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILAugust 16, 2017
I learned a lot and was given lots of opportunities to advance. The constant pleasing of customers was the only major problem. People get upset when they can't get the medication that the doctor has yet to approve.
Pros
Movement opportunities and advancment
Cons
Customer is always right
manager
West Seneca - Manager (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYAugust 16, 2017
not the best pay but easy job. days off are easy to get approved, work load isnt demanding. team building, oppertunity to grow in the company. offers benefits
Pros
easy to earn pto
Cons
short breaks
under pay
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 16, 2017
not enough employee to work and expect management to do it all. working almost all holidays ad they don't appreciate your hard work and dedication ...
Productive and very Organized Place of Work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 16, 2017
Walgreens was an awesome company to work for. The management, the benefits, the work environment, and the people are what made this place so easy and fun to work all while being professional and getting every job done.
Pros
Great company to work for and awesome employees to work with.
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval