Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 12,898 reviews matching the search
Fast pace, customer oriented, and multitasking skills.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CASeptember 28, 2016
Walgreens is a customer oriented work that exposes the employee to a mixed cultural customer base. I am able to work with the customers, insurance, and prescribing doctors to resolve any issues in filling the patients prescribed medication. I am able to manage my workload efficiently and diligently while helping others. I've learned to work as a team to complete goals set as a store. I enjoy the team, customers, and culture of the company.
Productive and team working coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, NJSeptember 28, 2016
I was the lead cashier during the day at Walgreens. The best part of my day was helping customers with anything, such as finding an item in the store, processing their picture order, helping them with obtaining a passport, etc. I was also responsible for stocking the shelves, checking expiration dates, etc. I loved working for Walgreens as I believed that all of the employees worked as a team. And the management was extremely supportive with helping the employees with whatever they needed to accomplish to complete their tasks for the day.
Pros
I loved the employees and customers.
Stressful but laid back
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 28, 2016
It's an environmental for fast pace, high volume prescriptions. The salary is good. Managers and staff were like my family. Very important to have that in the workplace.
Pros
Profit sharing, benefits
Cons
Insurance issues, changing software
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 28, 2016
I can only speak for the location I was at. You have very good managers and then you have some not so good. Fortunately, I was under good management
Pros
Management- Trust, consistency, positive, knowledgeable, Good role models
Cons
Pay, people-not all, understaff
Great place to work and love dealing with customers.
Shift Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 28, 2016
Learned a lot about retail sales and what goes on behind the scenes of a retail store. my c-workers were easy to work with and always very helpful.
Pros
Work all different shifts.
Cons
Working all weekends
Organizing Inventory and costumer Service
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 28, 2016
Use cash register, customer service, stock shelves, organize freezer, unload truck, and help keep warehouse organized, its a Organize routine day, everyday is the same.
Customer Service
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 28, 2016
As a beauty advisor, I build relationships with customers to create a loyal client base that depends on my latest trends and products. It's a chance to work with innovative new cosmetics, including exclusive lines created only for Walgreens. I also participate in monthly meetings to review the newest items coming to the store, as well as hone my selling and customer-building techniques. And I am encouraged to share ideas that help shape the look of the department and my customer interactions. It's all of the tools and training myself need to be successful.
Pros
Jaime Neal
Cons
N/A
Walgreens is a fun place to work, co worker help each other
Reimbursement liaison (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at work is being very busy making sure patient gets there delivery on time.

I learn about Home infusion considering I never had experience.

Management is ok depends on work department you work in.

All the co-workers are team players

The most enjoyable time is eating lunch with my co-workers.
benefits
Cons
long lunch break
My Favorite
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 27, 2016
This company was my favorite one to work for. Management always cared about you. Work was stressful, but the team I worked with made it effortless. I would work for this store again if I still lived there.
Not a good company to work for
Customer Service Associate/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WISeptember 27, 2016
Don't waste your time with this company.. they will step all over you while saying they want to help you.
You'll be overworked and under paid. Especially management (shift leads and up).. you only make eleven dollars an hr as a shift lead and you run the store for your whole shift, even if your store manager is there you are expected to run the show on the floor because he or she will be in the office all day.
You're given unrealistic expectations for work projects all the time and if you don't get things done you get in trouble.
They have no consideration for people with family's or family life..especially in management.. you are expected to work whenever they want you to with no set schedule.
Cons
No real breaks for management, they lie
Fast paced
Photo Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 27, 2016
Good job if you have good management. No set schedules makes life difficult for finding a baby sitter but management usually open to work with students to accommodate classes.
Pros
Employee doscount
Cons
Floating schedules
Not bad
Designated Hitter (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 27, 2016
The customers are what makes this job. I like the challenges I make for myself. I really enjoy my job. It's been a fun 4 1/2 years!
very productive
PHARMACY TECHICIAN-TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I loved working in the pharmacy and meeting new people. I don't like being the only person their working but the staff and management was amazing thus far.
productive
cashier, and photo specialist (Current Employee) –  Gillette, WYSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at Walgreesn consists of, helping satisfy customers, keeping area and store clean and organized, and preforming daily assigned duties. Management is amazing and works very hard to keep customers and employees happy
Pros
15% employee discount, 401k, vacation time
Cons
short breaks/lunches
slow days, great customers, and finshing up everything
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at work starts off as making sure everything is typed fill and ready for pick up when the customers get there. Then its also a time of the day that we call rush hour. Which mean we have more people dropping off picking up and waiting all at once. Later on that day when close to closing we do our side work far as taking out the trash making sure everything is clean, stock and in place. You never know what that day might bring you far as learning. Most of the time its always something new when dealing with insurance and how it work. Far as management goes our management staff tends to help when needed and just make sure everything is ran smoothly.The co-worker I had was awesome I felt like we did well with it being only two of us, and doing rush hour we knew how to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was rush hour and I say that because it was always only two techs. Overall the job was good I love meeting new people and listening to customers crazy stories.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
Small nice environment
Externship Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2016
Fast paced
learned to fill and refill scripts, search for medication and place filled medication in their bins
co-workers were nice
hardest part was keeping up with the waiters
most enjoyable part was being around employees that's willing to help others as well as I am
Pros
learning generic and brand name drugs
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 27, 2016
a typical day at work would include, greeting each customer as they walk through the door, checking out customers, making sure my area maintained cleaned. making sure all duties on task list was completed.
stressfull, good people
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Waukesha County, WISeptember 27, 2016
Upper management has consistently taken initiatives to allow the pharmacist "more time with the patient" but ends up reducing staffing resulting in less time with the patient.
Pros
good hardworking colleauges
Cons
non rphs are running the show
Company Overall
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSSeptember 26, 2016
the company overall is amazing and my manager was amazing. This was the best company to work for as a young adult. For some people who want to work here I would recommend it.
Great place to work for
Senior Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 26, 2016
Customer service is number one priority. I work in a very busy store so you have to work in a timely fashion. We all work as a team so things get done more efficiently. I enjoy my job and my customers.