Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 17,689 reviews matching the search
It was a great experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILAugust 16, 2017
I learned a lot and was given lots of opportunities to advance. The constant pleasing of customers was the only major problem. People get upset when they can't get the medication that the doctor has yet to approve.
Pros
Movement opportunities and advancment
Cons
Customer is always right
manager
West Seneca - Manager (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYAugust 16, 2017
not the best pay but easy job. days off are easy to get approved, work load isnt demanding. team building, oppertunity to grow in the company. offers benefits
Pros
easy to earn pto
Cons
short breaks
under pay
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 16, 2017
not enough employee to work and expect management to do it all. working almost all holidays ad they don't appreciate your hard work and dedication ...
Good
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 15, 2017
It was a great place to work at, I just had a problem with my management. The customers were usually nice, working 3rd shift it wasn't super busy. It was usually relaxed.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Always standing
great company
Assistant Manager & Pharmacy RX Technician (Current Employee) –  San Pablo, CAAugust 15, 2017
great company to start with. You can learn lot of skills, to success in the retail world like customer service skill, phone skills, team work, friendly atmosphere.
workplace
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 15, 2017
It was a pretty good experience, and the work place was an environment that I would recommend to others. The patient was very respectful and that company tried to work hard to make it a place that is enjoyable to work for.
Pharmacy life
Sr.pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILAugust 15, 2017
Working in the pharmacy was bittersweet. Being able to help patients with getting their medicine. The pharmacist are great. The hardest part of the was keeping up with filling all the prescriptions on time.
Pros
Encouraging managers
Cons
Short pharmacy tech taff
College job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Freeport, NYAugust 15, 2017
I worked at Walgreens as a pharmacy technician while I was still in college. it was always a temporary job but I learned many things that have served me well in the present day.
Smooth shift
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2017
It was a Smooth shift and friendly co-workers I enjoyed it there. Walgreens had me on my feet a lot though but I managed to enjoy it and work very hard
Okay place to work, poor management and training
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 15, 2017
Not the best experience, had to fin for myself and did not have enough training or opportunities to grow. Manger was extremely temperamental and did not appreciate her employees
Hours to store managers to the pharmacy manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 15, 2017
Hours are never fairly distributed amount co workers. Favoritism is a big issue for the pharmacy manager there is never opportunities to learn , you just get scolded for doing what you know but really they never teach. Store manager always likes to retaliate for any little thing she does not like and will find any reason to write you up. It's probably different in every store.
Pros
The amount you get paid
Cons
Not enough hours to go with how much you get paid
Not enough hours to go around
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Peyton, COAugust 15, 2017
Nice staff. Couldn't make a living though. Staff was very nice and Very unorganized.We went through an all new staff the first month I was there. they worked me like a dog as I trained all new staff.
Pros
Nice Staff
Cons
Didn't make enough
routine workplace with sometimes competitive positions and hours
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILAugust 15, 2017
I would recommend this job to someone who isn't working at all. But someone who is already employed and enjoys the job that they are working already then I don't think I could recommend it.
So So Work Enviroment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKAugust 15, 2017
There are a lot of different difficulties but most of it is with communication and lack of respect for all employees. There many different ways that the communication could be fixed, but along with all else, it is ignored and expanded to be even bigger of an issue.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor communication
Great company!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 15, 2017
I've been with Walgreens a couple of years. I've worked at several locations (I was a floating technician for a while). Every manager I've ever had is fully capable of their job. The scheduling is fair and always given in advance. The systems are pretty easy to use (though a bit old). I've loved every store I've ever worked at! Good work flow and structuring!
Walgreens is a great place to work.
Front Line Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasAugust 15, 2017
Excellent, new customer satisfaction of service, great place to work, well managed work place, and overall pleasant place to work. Walgreen's is a great place to work. Walgreen's has great employee benefits. Walgreen's is great employment.
Pros
employees receive breaks
Cons
employees are content
Great good poor management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 15, 2017
The management team was bad we got robbed and the manager left us for a 125 dollar drawer.....I would never want to work there again...the customer where great and treated me like family
fast paced, competitive, resume building company
Assistant Store Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 15, 2017
A company that you get what you put into it. Worked for them for over a decade, moved up and was offered better pay/positions after demonstration of work ethic/potential
Good place to work with good benefits.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work and advance to upper management. The communication with management could be better but overall nice environment. The structure to advance is good for everyone involved.
Pros
excellent benefits and pay.
Cons
long days and coverage for time off.
great customer service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 15, 2017
great company to work for. great benefits. great company to make a career out of. walgreens strive for excellent customer service.have open door policy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.